Graphic Novels. Do you read them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RussellBrooks
A friend of mine in the lit/publishing industry told me that graphic novels are all the rage right now. Have you ever read a graphic novel? If your favorite author had written your favorite book in graphic novel form rather than written word form, would you have read it?

Bardock42
Yes, yes.

That ACDC Chick
i love em
my faves are Azumanga Daioh, kingdom Hearts and Maximum Ride

RussellBrooks
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i love em
my faves are Azumanga Daioh, kingdom Hearts and Maximum Ride

I thought that Maximum Ride was just a novel. They have that as a graphic novel too?

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by RussellBrooks
I thought that Maximum Ride was just a novel. They have that as a graphic novel too?
yeah
the second volume just came out a little while ago
im not sure when the 3rd comes out

Sabu935
No,for some odd reason I just prefer books with walls of text.

Shey Tapani
Yeah i do.

midnightshadow
do you mean manga or just graphic novels?
i read manga but have only read from hell as a non-manga graphic novel if that made sense

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Butcher
No,for some odd reason I just prefer books with walls of text.

What an oddball...

Dreampanther
I love graphic novels. Have dozens of them. I like the art and the stories are usually pretty cool.

Kero_Co
Yup, I make it a point not to discriminate against mediums.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Neil Gaiman. I read his as much as I can borrow them. (which, unfortunately, is not a lot anymore. I like his graphic novels. I'll probably buy some next time.)

And Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files have some graphic novels, and I've read them. smile Because... it's Harry Dresden. I love the series, so yeah.

chilled monkey
I love graphic novels. Many of them have great artwork and the stories are interesting.

Some of my favourites are Superman: The Wedding Album, Dirty Pair: Sim Hell and the Star Wars: Legacy series.

BruceSkywalker
I love tor read period... Graphic Novels are great

Bicnarok

Flameback
Yes and yes! Graphic novels are great, especially during busy periods in ones life when you don't really have much time to just relax and read a regular novel in a timely manner; but with a graphic novel you can just read in only about a sitting or two and still get your reading fix with a great story plus an added addition of some amazing art.

BookwormService
I like some graphic novels. I don't really get into fantasy so that limits most of them. However, I did just read "Nightly News" which was awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.