Superman Prime Vs. Mephisto (In his own realm)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDaniel1001
Bloodlust: Off, but the characters will likely want to kill each-other anyway

Tell me what you think. I'm leaning towards Superman Prime.

Nihilist
Mephisto easy.

xJLxKing
Superman Prime. Nearly, Easily

BattleMage
Mephisto (In his own realm) BYE BYE ICON

The Nuul
M

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Nihilist
Mephisto easy.

galactusischere
Meph 10/10

shokosugi
SBP 10/10

galactusischere
Originally posted by shokosugi
SBP 10/10

U always take the loser's side don't u?

shokosugi
Magic doesnt work against SBP

iceman24567
Prime punches Mephisto's realm to pieces

shokosugi
Originally posted by iceman24567
Prime punches Mephisto's realm to pieces

thumb up thumb up thumb up

iceman24567
I knew you would like that eek!

Nihilist
Magic doesnt work against SBP HAHAHAHA...more stupid bullshit.

shokosugi
HAHAHAHA...more stupid bullshit.

what bullshit?

Nihilist
what bullshit? All SBP did was resist lighting amped punches from Black Adam and a shitty sparkling blast from Mordru, that hardly makes him immune to all magic.

Mephisto in his realm stalemated Galactus for a time.

xJLxKing
All SBP did was resist lighting amped punches from Black Adam and a shitty sparkling blast from Mordru, that hardly makes him immune to all magic.

Mephisto in his realm stalemated Galactus for a time. And lost to Thor

Nihilist
Originally posted by xJLxKing
And lost to Thor laughing out loud using a low feat, funny when that is used against certain characters "we use their high feats"

xJLxKing
laughing out loud using a low feat, funny when that is used against certain characters "we use their high feats" You used his highest feat and I used his low feat/

The Nuul
what bullshit?

The stuff that you alway post.

The Nuul
laughing out loud using a low feat, funny when that is used against certain characters "we use their high feats"

Consistent high feats.

tideoftime
With a resistance to magic (via not having his relative invulnerability compromised by it), SMP would be very difficult to take out, even for Mephisto, but in his own realm Mephisto would be equally difficult to handle. Short-term battle (less than a day): A draw, for the most part, with SMP winning by PIS/CIS. Long-Term: SMP powers will eventually begin to weaken, or at least become less effective, while Mephisto will still be able to keep going (even if hurt/impaired via SMP's attacks).

Board Walker
SBP 10/10 Magic immunity, and punches mephisotos realm into pieces.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Board Walker

yes

The Nuul
In that case SBP >>>>>>>>> any magic being??

Why doesnt someone make a SBP vs Spectre thread?

Omega Vision
Logically Mephisto should win but in a comic Mephisto would be in for a world of hurt while Prime spouts such brilliant quips as "you're a poop nose" and "Mephisto's hell is for bad people I don't belong here" and "the real devil has a pitchfork! You're a fraud!" He beats the shit out of Mephisto and blows out the fires of his realm with ice breath.

galactusischere
Can't believe that people are actually backing Prime

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by Board Walker

Ridiculous. Prime has no magic immunity whatsoever. I'll admit, he has some mild resistance to it, but not complete immunity. Shrugging off some of Black Adam's punches hardly makes someone immune to magic. Mephisto would kill him.

Lord_Talron
ya, mephisto is gonna win this period

The Nuul
Mephisto stomps.

Ambient
How is Emo boy going to defend against a soul suck???

Johnny Sorrow
SBP is highly resistance to magic, as shown by several examples. However, he doesn't have the tools to completely defeat Mephisto within his realm.

Bouboumaster
For those who voted for SMP:

Are you trying to say that Superman Prime would do what even friggin' Galactus haven't been able to do?!

Mephisto murder this fool!

Wimjet
im not a big DC fan, so i dont know much about Superman Prime, but i do like Mephisto and he is pretty badass in his realm, so what has Prime done that apparently makes him immune to M's magics?

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Wimjet
im not a big DC fan, so i dont know much about Superman Prime, but i do like Mephisto and he is pretty badass in his realm, so what has Prime done that apparently makes him immune to M's magics?

All attempts to use magic against him have "tickled him", from his appearance in Infinite Crisis to the end of Legion of Three Worlds. Magically-enhanced strength and magical blasts have little to no effect on him.

Ambient
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
All attempts to use magic against him have "tickled him", from his appearance in Infinite Crisis to the end of Legion of Three Worlds. Magically-enhanced strength and magical blasts have little to no effect on him.
Thats just it, all the magic attack his ever encountered where mostly focused on damaging him through physical means and because of his PC durability - in effect it just tickled him.. I just don't see him having any type of defense against the more exotic use of magic..

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Ambient
Thats just it, all the magic attack his ever encountered where mostly focused on damaging him through physical means and because of his PC durability - in effect it just tickled him.. I just don't see him having any type of defense against the more exotic use of magic..

What does his durability have to do with it? Silver Age Superman could be hurt by magic, and Prime's physical abilities most closely resembles SA Superman's. He's probably the only Kryptonian who exhibits a great resistance to any magical effects.

JakeTheBank
Seriously...facepalm at this thread.

Nihilist
Mephisto Kills him.

Wimjet
are the people who tried to use magic on Prime at Mephisto's level?

JakeTheBank
are the people who tried to use magic on Prime at Mephisto's level?

Mordru is pretty high up on the food chain.

Nihilist
are the people who tried to use magic on Prime at Mephisto's level? Mordu fired one half assed blast at him thats all.

the ninjak
Mephisto in his own realm!

It's not a matter of Prime's immunity to magic.
Nor his strength or speed.

Mephisto simply is everywhere in that realm....Prime simply gets encased in walls upon walls of Sin until his sanity shatters!

Prime wouldn't know where to find him. He is no demon.

JakeTheBank
The way I see this thread, people are either lowballing Prime or vastly overrating him.

Mephisto's power isn't so much "magic" in his own realm as it is high end reality manipulation. Prime might be able to tank a lot of Mephisto direct attacks, but Mephisto can do essentially any and everything in his own realm. Unless Prime busts out the Falcon/Retcon Punch, he can't win.

cdtm
Mordu fired one half assed blast at him thats all.

One attack. There's no reason to believe it was anything but a genuine attempt to cause damage/death though.

But Superboy Prime was protected by something more powerful than plot armor: Pet character armor. Not an exploding Guardian or a guy known for soloing the entire Legion of Super Heroes can do him harm.

I liked Superboy Prime a lot more once he left the mainstream DCU.

galactusischere
Prime can't win. Simple as that.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Ridiculous. Prime has no magic immunity whatsoever. I'll admit, he has some mild resistance to it, but not complete immunity. Shrugging off some of Black Adam's punches hardly makes someone immune to magic. Mephisto would kill him.

Mild? He laughed off an attack from MORDRU. Who would OWN Mephisto.

galactusischere
Not in Mephisto's realm.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by galactusischere
Not in Mephisto's realm.

Yes, in his realm. Meph's realm would be fuel for Mordru. Mordru's absorbing abilities are pretty much limitless.

Ambient
What does his durability have to do with it? Silver Age Superman could be hurt by magic, and Prime's physical abilities most closely resembles SA Superman's. He's probably the only Kryptonian who exhibits a great resistance to any magical effects.
A lot when it relates to physical damage.. Modern age Superman is also resilient against it but then again that's irrelevant, so is SA Superman - not emo boy..

Meph for Spite..

supremthor
SA Superman?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yes, in his realm. Meph's realm would be fuel for Mordru. Mordru's absorbing abilities are pretty much limitless.

Galactus himself haven't been able to pwn Mephisto in his realm without having to begin to absorb it.

What kind of chance do you think Sups have there?

Unless you want to argue that Superboy Prime is mightier that Galactus?

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Ambient
A lot when it relates to physical damage.. Modern age Superman is also resilient against it but then again that's irrelevant, so is SA Superman - not emo boy..

Meph for Spite..

Anyway, SBP is resistant to any type of magic thrown at him. But he's not punching out Mephisto in his own dimension. Mephisto can just wait until his opponent burns out his solar-related powers.

bbrem123
wow supes gets stomp in this one...there is nothing he can do here

Ambient
Anyway, SBP is resistant to any type of magic thrown at him. But he's not punching out Mephisto in his own dimension. Mephisto can just wait until his opponent burns out his solar-related powers.
We've only seen him tank magic punch and blast, i say that mostly contributes to his durability, hardly enough to suggest his resistance to all type of magic, like say soul suck..

Meph. does not have to wait, he could instantly alter his realm into a red sol for instant depowerment.

Anyhow we agree Meph for the win... yes

r0nm0n88
i love Prime, but hes not going to win

shokosugi
Prime = immune to magic

JakeTheBank
Mephisto in his realm = more than magic

Wild Shadow
Mephesto just lets the young sport tugger himself out and then he just kills him or torments him for eternity.

shokosugi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mephisto in his realm = more than magic

no he's not "more than" magic. ROFL

JakeTheBank
no he's not "more than" magic. ROFL

He has high end reality warping inside his realm and far more options aside from physically engaging Prime, which is the only way Prime can even hope to beat Mephisto.

brownqk
Mephisto is nigh omnipotent in his own realm so what chance does Prime stand here?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus himself haven't been able to pwn Mephisto in his realm without having to begin to absorb it.

What kind of chance do you think Sups have there?

Unless you want to argue that Superboy Prime is mightier that Galactus?

Hasn't Thor and Surfer beat Meph in his own realm? Meph would job to Prime just like those 2.

JakeTheBank
Hasn't Thor and Surfer beat Meph in his own realm? Meph would job to Prime just like those 2.

They also have power sets which enable them to even pose a threat to Mephisto. Their noble souls are among the most pure in the universe, iirc, causing Mephisto to cringe in pain, even. Prime has no divine powers to fall back on or a noble soul to use to his advantage.

Prep-Man
They also have power sets which enable them to even pose a threat to Mephisto. Their noble souls are among the most pure in the universe, iirc, causing Mephisto to cringe in pain, even. Prime has no divine powers to fall back on or a noble soul to use to his advantage.

But he technically has a REAL soul, because he's from earth prime, right? Has to count for something.

Mindset
But he technically has a REAL soul, because he's from earth prime, right? Has to count for something. How and why would that count for something?

Prep-Man
I don't know, but he does have a soul, just like the rest. myabe his origin from a real world will have affects in Mephisto's realm. Just like how magic has no affect on him.

Mindset
There's no reason to think his soul would have some sort of special immunity.

cdtm

Yeah, and the same thing happened in Priests Black Panther run, with Meph gunning for Panthers pure soul and getting his entire linage of souls tethered to him by through the Panther God, causing him so much pain he had to let the souls and Panther go..

Mephisto's kind of like the ultimate addict, always going for stuff that's really bad for him. A What If story even had him succeeding in getting Surfers soul, which didn't end well for him...

Warlord
Mephisto

Colossus-Big C
mephisto

Parmaniac
I don't know, but he does have a soul, just like the rest. myabe his origin from a real world will have affects in Mephisto's realm. Just like how magic has no affect on him. Then why does red sunlight have an effect on him and bullets don't? And in DC all worlds are "real".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.