Colossus, The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
would you rather be colossus or the thing if you can be in this real world?
Discuss

snoopdogg
Colossus easily.

galactusischere
Colossus. its a no contest

-Pr-
Colossus.

Mshinu
Already done

KingD19
Colossus, stronger, more durable, no need to eat or breathe once transformed. Plus you can go back and forth at will, the options you have for using your powers are staggering.

Invincible Cop
Invincible Drug Lord
Invincible Soldier
Invincible Crook
Etc....

With Thing you get a 7 foot tall, rocky orange turd.

The Nuul
Originally posted by galactusischere
Colossus. its a no contest

Lostedge
Does Colossus have actually any feats, Thing has gone against Hulk ... and lost. What has Colossus done? Have seen him only beat street thugs and humilated by Juggernaut.

Ouh, it was not a fight ... Blargh

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Lostedge
Does Colossus have actually any feats, Thing has gone against Hulk ... and lost. What has Colossus done? Have seen him only beat street thugs and humilated by Juggernaut.

Ouh, it was not a fight ... Blargh colossus has gone toe toe with pretty much all versions of hulk.

chomperx9
colossus he's stronger and can change back to human form at any time. unlike the thing hes a freak 24/7

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by chomperx9
colossus he's stronger and can change back to human form at any time. unlike the thing hes a freak 24/7 '

more durable as well

KingD19
Originally posted by Lostedge

Ouh, it was not a fight ... Blargh

Stalemated Gladiator
Went up against Champion
Went up against Juggernaut and held his own multiple times, while he was still a teen.(Class 70)
Went up against WWH(did much better than Thing)
Temporarily ko'd Savage Hulk as a teen
Handed that demon his ass(can't remember his name)

Silent Master
I'm fairly sure that Colossus was KO'd at the end of the Gladiator fight, not to mention that was one of, if not the weakest versions of Gladiator.

KingD19
Yeah, he was ko'd, but not by Gladiator, by a pillar falling on him. Just like his bar fight with Juggernaut, Cain didn't ko him, the wall falling on him did. And even if it was a weak version of Gladiator, which is still pretty damn strong, Colossus still went toe to toe with him, and their blows were rocking the foundations of every building nearby.

Silent Master
No, it was a building that fell on both of them, which means that Gladiator had better durability, so even without the building and if everything else was even, Colossus would have still lost to one of the weakest version of Gladiator.

KingD19
And Thing would have done better??

Despite you trying to make Colossus seem like far less than he is, the fact remains that he fought and held his own against Gladiator, and he showed no signs of slowing down until the building was dropped on him. It doesn't matter how weak Gladiator was, he was still high enough that Colossus was the only one who could even think of fighting him.

And where did Gladiator's durability come into this? I never said Pete's strength/durability were even close to Glads.

Silent Master
Because Colossus was basically the only brick on that team.

KingD19
I know, but you're making it seem like Gladiator was a wimp or something. He was still CL 100, and in the mid to high range in that Class. And you didn't answer my question, would Thing have done better?

Q99
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
'

more durable as well

Eh, I'm not sure about that. The Thing is weaker, but he's disproportionately tough compared to most bricks. Though they're both very durable, so I can't say for certain...

Still, the real deal-maker is "Can go back and forth at will".

KingD19
Colossus is stronger as well as more durable. Thing just has that heart thing that lets him keep going even though he should lose. You can look back at their fights and feats over the years to see who their durability matches up.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KingD19
I know, but you're making it seem like Gladiator was a wimp or something. He was still CL 100, and in the mid to high range in that Class. And you didn't answer my question, would Thing have done better?

There is nothing in his appearances up to that point that would indicate cl 100, let alone mid to high end cl 100.

Knowsbleed33
Colossus? He's not class 100.

KingD19
Colossus us Class 100, and he was talking about Gladiator. Gladiator since his inception has been CL 100.

snoopdogg
I like how a few renegade fans try to spew their BS and go against Marvels official ratings on their characters.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
colossus has gone toe toe with pretty much all versions of hulk.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I like how a few renegade fans try to spew their BS and go against Marvels official ratings on their characters.
You mean hand book which by the mods own say are not usable on the boards and are extremely inaccurate?

though with that said Colossus and Gladeator are class 100's

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Silent Master
There is nothing in his appearances up to that point that would indicate cl 100, let alone mid to high end cl 100.
That was like his second appearance........and yes he was a class 100 which is made quite evident in his feat to fallow.

peejayd
* both are strong, but the fact that Colossus can change back and forth from human and steel form, then i pick him... and uh, because Colossus is much better-looking than Thing, no offense to Ben... hehehe... stick out tongue

Silent Master
Originally posted by Battlehammer
That was like his second appearance........and yes he was a class 100 which is made quite evident in his feat to fallow.

That's like using Action comcs#680 to prove that Superman from Action comics#1 was cl100

What feats did Gladiator have at the time of the Colossus fight that would back up a cl 100 ranking?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Colossus? He's not class 100. hes Class 100+

The Nuul
hes Class 100+

Battlehammer
That's like using Action comcs#680 to prove that Superman from Action comics#1 was cl100

What feats did Gladiator have at the time of the Colossus fight that would back up a cl 100 ranking?

It was his second apearence your logic his terrible.

so by your logic the first are so 20 apearance of any character is completely unusable, beucase they have yet to expresses the full level of there powers? did you understand how stupid that sounds? so becuase he had yet to show the full extent of his strength we assume he was not 100 class dispite the fact he was never shown any weaker? When his strength was shown it was one shooting planet size meteors......

Silent Master
My logic is to treat him as his feats suggest, later writers obviously powered him up.

Battlehammer
My logic is to treat him as his feats suggest, later writers obviously powered him up.
No your picking and choosing. You go by all his feats you dont pick the time frame. Simply becuase he did not have the feats at the time becuase it was his (2nd apearence) you can not assume he was not class 100 becuase when his strength was shown it was clearly depicted as well over 100 tons. No one later powered him up he was always clearly over 100 tons. Hell in that fight also they were desroying moutain sizes buildings with they vibrations and shock waves of there blows........

Silent Master
No, if you're talking about a specific version of a character, you use feats from that time frame.

Battlehammer
No, if you're talking about a specific version of a character, you use feats from that time frame.
During that time frame he effortlessly moved a massive asteroid and destroyed a planet within a few punches..........

also you can't pick and choose.

The Nuul
Edit.

Silent Master
During that time frame he effortlessly moved a massive asteroid and destroyed a planet within a few punches..........

also you can't pick and choose.

Incorrect, Those feats were never shown in a comic prior to or during the Colossus fight.

Battlehammer
Incorrect, Those feats were never shown in a comic prior to or during the Colossus fight.
You said time frame. You cant pick and chioce.

They dont have to be used before to make them usable. During that era gladeator show vastly greater then 100 ton strength. To assume he did not have it is simply ignorance. There nothign to suggest he was not 100 tonner during that issue. It clear he is 100 becuase he feats after wards prove it and before that time he never showed anything below 100 ton strength.

Not to mention he eaisly got out of rubble that was size of moutains and buildings.........which in it self is over 100 tons........

Silent Master
You said time frame. You cant pick and chioce.

They dont have to be used before to make them usable. During that era gladeator show vastly greater then 100 ton strength. To assume he did not have it is simply ignorance. There nothign to suggest he was not 100 tonner during that issue. It clear he is 100 becuase he feats after wards prove it.

And the time-frame for the fight would be the actual fight.

So by all means, list the cl 100 feats he had at the time of the Colossus fight.

The Nuul
As long as we dont low ball the characters the feats count regardless of what era they are from. But they have to be somewhat consistent. If we say specify "Current" or "80s" "90s" whatever that limits the feats. This is 616 Colossus so that last part doesnt count.

That Glads vs Colossus fight, feats can be used from their first appearance to that fight and ends there. Glads is not that old.

Battlehammer
And the time-frame for the fight would be the actual fight.

So by all means, list the cl 100 feats he had at the time of the Colossus fight.
I dont have to. He posses 100 ton plus feats. Sayign he did not have 100 ton strength during that fight is riduclous, so what he magic gianed the power of 100 ton strength? It ****ing absurd your arguement is. Your assume he did not have 100 ton strength dispite never showing anything below it to that point. Then right after that event which is only his second apearence he display vastkly over 100 ton strength. Your reason is down right foolish.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by The Nuul
As long as we dont low ball the characters the feats count regardless of what era they are from. But they have to be somewhat consistent.
He trying to say that gladeator that colossus fought was not 100 tonner becuase he had no 100 ton lifting feats before the fight, which is rediculous arguement becuase it was only gladeator like second apearence and right after that apearance he display vastly over 100 ton strength.

Silent Master
I dont have to. He posses 100 ton plus feats. Sayign he did not have 100 ton strength during that fight is riduclous, so what he magic gianed the power of 100 ton strength? It ****ing absurd your arguement is. Your assume he did not have 100 ton strength dispite never showing anything below it to that point. Then right after that event which is only his second apearence he display vastkly over 100 ton strength. Your reason is down right foolish.

You do know that Gladiator doesn't have static strength, right?

And judging by his feats and performance at the time of the fight, he wasn't at his later cl 100 levels.

Battlehammer
You do know that Gladiator doesn't have static strength, right?

And judging by his feats and performance at the time of the fight, he wasn't at his later cl 100 levels.
His strength increases with confidence I know. But it based level is 100 tons.

He was clearly over 100 tons. was he had his strongest no. was he over 100 tons yes. Not to mention have you even read there fight? They had sky scrapers fall of them and they had "mountains of rubble" on top of them. How much do you think something like that weights?

Colossus-Big C
yea the fight was only ended because a sky scapper fell on them .
it knocked out colossus, but gladiator had blood on his chest when he got up smile

Battlehammer
yea the fight was only ended because a sky scapper fell on them .
it knocked out colossus, but gladiator had blood on his chest when he got up smile
No he does not have blood on his chest

Colossus-Big C
No he does not have blood on his chest look at the scan(ill post it in a little bit) gladiator had a cut on his chest

Battlehammer
look at the scan(ill post it in a little bit) gladiator had a cut on his chest
There a line,which more then likely is a scratch, but there is no blood at all.

Silent Master
His strength increases with confidence I know. But it based level is 100 tons.

He was clearly over 100 tons. was he had his strongest no. was he over 100 tons yes. Not to mention have you even read there fight? They had sky scrapers fall of them and they had "mountains of rubble" on top of them. How much do you think something like that weights?

What part of the fight shows that he was "clearly" over cl 100?

Battlehammer
What part of the fight shows that he was "clearly" over cl 100?

What part shows he not? We know he is class 100. There zero indication he not class 100. We know within his next three apearences he displays over class 100 feat. Oh and right after the fight he shown to imerge from sky scrapers worth of rubble that was consider mounts of it. Do you understand how much that would weight?

Colossus-Big C
What part of the fight shows that he was "clearly" over cl 100? knocking down a friggin skyscraper from the shock wave of his punches on colossus

Silent Master
What part shows he not? We know he is class 100. There zero indication he not class 100. We know within his next three apearences he displays over class 100 feat. Oh and right after the fight he shown to imerge from sky scrapers worth of rubble that was consider mounts of it. Do you understand how much that would weight?

Except for the fact that he was fighting evenly with someone that wasn't even close to cl 100.

So again, what in that fight points to Gladiator being cl 100?

Colossus-Big C
Except for the fact that he was fighting evenly with someone that wasn't even close to cl 100.

What part of the fight shows that he was "clearly" over cl 100? knocking down a friggin skyscraper from the shock wave of his punches on colossus

Battlehammer
knocking down a friggin skyscraper from the shock wave of his punches on colossus
skyscrapers pural and imerging from them rubble which all landed on them........

though not surprize he over looking these facts, his entire arguement is that gladeator who is 100 plus tonner was not for some magical reason then becuase he did not have the strength feat in his second apearence

Battlehammer

Was not even close? Colossus was closes to being 100 tons back then and colossus has always been a lot more durable then he is strong. He also gone up against the biggest baddest hitters and always stands his own dispite being weaker. He always displayed from the get go the ability to wistand 100 tonners hits.

Silent Master
I'll see your "skyscrapers" and raise you planets. Ex. Thor's fight with Mangog causing shock-waves felt all over the planet, or Wonder-man's fight with Hyperion that caused shock-waves on the planetiod they were on.

Battlehammer
I'll see your "skyscrapers" and raise you planets. Ex. Thor's fight with Mangog causing shock-waves felt all over the planet, or Wonder-man's fight with Hyperion that caused shock-waves on the planetiod they were on.
yes and? what does any of that have to do with gladeator being 100 ton strength at the time? now your just throwing up red herrings.

Colossus-Big C
I'll see your "skyscrapers" and raise you planets. Ex. Thor's fight with Mangog causing shock-waves felt all over the planet, or Wonder-man's fight with Hyperion that caused shock-waves on the planetiod they were on. Colossus fought hyperion before...

Silent Master
yes and? what does any of that have to do with gladeator being 100 ton strength at the time? now your just throwing up red herrings.

No, I'm showing examples of fights where cl 100 people cause showk-waves and they are far more impressive than mere "skyscrapers".

So I'll ask again, what proof do you have that Gladiator was operating at his above cl 100 level?

The Nuul
Colossus fought hyperion before...

When?

Battlehammer
No, I'm showing examples of fights where cl 100 people cause showk-waves and they are far more impressive than mere "skyscrapers".

So I'll ask again, what proof do you have that Gladiator was operating at his above cl 100 level?
But they vastly over 100 ton strength as well. You know that 100 ton just means you can lift 100 tons ore more correct. Being able to lift weight of skyscrapers or break them with shock wave is a display of 100 ton strength............

I just gave it.......I think you dont get what I am saying.........

Silent Master
But they vastly over 100 ton strength as well. You know that 100 ton just means you can lift 100 tons ore more correct. Being able to lift weight of skyscrapers or break them with shock wave is a display of 100 ton strength............

I just gave it.......I think you dont get what I am saying.........

Incorrect, The Thing has lifted over 100 tons before and he's only considered cl 85.

Which is why I try and say "cl 100" instead of "100 ton" when talking about people's level.

Colossus-Big C
When? the scan is in his respect thread. on the last page or so.
Colossus jumped and punched hyperion to the ground. then hyperion got up and eye blasted him to outer space.

The Nuul
Incorrect, The Thing has lifted over 100 tons before and he's only considered cl 85.

Which is why I try and say "cl 100" instead of "100 ton" when talking about people's level.

On panel feats >> bios and character guides etc...

Battlehammer

Thing pretty much a 100 tonner he lifted it numerous times.

But see your deffinition is different. I was saying Gladeator had over 100 ton strength at the time, he had the ability to lift at least 100 tons during that fight. Which was my point the entire time........

Battlehammer
On panel feats >> bios and character guides etc...
true that.

Silent Master
On panel feats >> bios .

Then being cl 100 is no longer very impressive. nor is the Colossus fight as Gladiator was obviously operating at the very low end of cl 100.

Battlehammer
Then being cl 100 is no longer very impressive. nor is the Colossus fight as Gladiator was obviously operating at the very low end of cl 100.
He could have been you dont really know to be honest. You say he wasent operating higher becuase he had yet to display feat of higher magnetude prior to that fight, but did display strength vastly within the high level of class 100 not but issue or two later.

Silent Master
He could have been you dont really know to be honest. You say he wasent operating higher becuase he had yet to display feat of higher magnetude prior to that fight, but did display strength vastly within the high level of class 100 not but issue or two later.

It displayed well under Wonder-man level cl 100 and I only consider WM to be mid range cl 100.

The Nuul
A lot of times its about the artists interpretation of the fight and the context that becomes more useful at times.

Battlehammer
It displayed well under Wonder-man level cl 100 and I only consider WM to be mid range cl 100.
well your definition is quite different then mine.

Gladeator has display planet smashing strength before..........

Colossus-Big C
When? http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusvsHyperion.jpg http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusvsHyperion2.jpg

Battlehammer
To be fair on a forum match even in a sluggfest Gladiator would destroy Colossus

Silent Master
well your definition is quite different then mine.

Gladeator has display planet smashing strength before..........

Not in the Colossus fight he didn't.

The Nuul
Not in the Colossus fight he didn't.

And? that deosnt mean he cant. People like Supes dont go all out when fighting.

Anyways this is Colossus vs Thing...Glads has no part of this thread.

The Nuul
Colossus also gained some respect from WWH, Thing didnt.

snoopdogg
The shockwaves from Colossus' and Gladiators slugfest was knocking over skycrapers.

Silent Master
The shockwaves from Colossus' and Gladiators slugfest was knocking over skycrapers.

Planetoids and planets >>>>>> skycrapers.

snoopdogg
Planetoids and planets >>>>>> skycrapers. So?

Silent Master
Just providing examples to show what strength level Gladiator was operating at.

snoopdogg
Knocking over skycrapers from shockwaves from punches is impressive and Class 100. Being able to take a direct hit from Colossus with your hands on your hips is impressive.

Silent Master
Just not anywhere near as impressive as causing shockwaves for an entire planetoid or planet, like fights with guys like Wonder-man or Thor.

snoopdogg
They were small planets obviously.

Silent Master
Earth is a small planet?

quanchi112
Not in the Colossus fight he didn't. What's your point?

snoopdogg
Earth is a small planet? Compared to the planet Colossus fought Glads on it was.

Silent Master
Compared to the planet Colossus fought Glads on it was.

Think about what you just posted.

snoopdogg
Think about what you just posted. smile

snoopdogg
When you really think about it Kallark's fight with big C was one of Glads best feats of strength during combat. Not too many of his fights was the shockwaves from his and his foes blows knocking over skycrapers.

Silent Master
I'd say that his fight with Wonder-man had better strength feats.

snoopdogg
I'd say that his fight with Wonder-man had better strength feats. You have scans of that? Wasn't that in Glactic Storm? It's been awhile since I read that one.

Knowsbleed33
hes Class 100+

No he's not. He has a small handful of 100 tons feats, but he's not consistantly shown at that level.

True class 100's are consistant.

Silent Master
No scanner, he punched Simon far enough into the planet that it took him a while to climb out and IIRC Simon stated that if he hadn't rolled with one of the punches it might have killed him.

snoopdogg
Sounds like a low showing for Simon. Which isn't uncommon really.

Knowsbleed33
Give me an issue #. I'll find that shit.

The Nuul
I do uploading now.

The Nuul
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-07.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-08.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-09.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-10.jpg

The Nuul
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-11.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-12.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-13.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-14.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-16.jpg

The Nuul
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-17.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/Thor_445-18.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.