Savage Hulk and Juggernaut Vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Savage Hulk and Juggs vs a non-jobbing Aocalypse.
BFR is on BTW.

Who wins??

Knowsbleed33
Team.

Eternal Idol
BFR off: Stalemate

BFR on: Apocalypse

illadelph12
There's a difference between BFR (battlefield removal) and BFP (battlefield placement). Apoc can separate the two and take them down individually (port himself and Hulk or Juggs away from the other). I like his odds vs. Juggernaut due to Nimrod's showing against Juggs (and Apoc has the tools to do the same). Sonics and TP give Apoc the edge. He has various edges against Hulk. Divide and conquer ftw.

Knowsbleed33
Since when does Apocalypse have the ability to do what Nimrod did?

Xplosive
Actually, if Apocalypse would fight smart (which he should and he is far smarter of the two and would use his versatility), he should win.
If he would try to take them combined at the same time, then he would lose.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Since when does Apocalypse have the ability to do what Nimrod did?

Always has. He has the ability to create pretty much any weapon he wants via techno-organic metamorphing. Meaning he can create a sonic cannon from his arm, aim, and blast Juggs, and then attune the frequency as need be for max effect. All from behind a forcefield if he wishes. Or he can remove Juggs helmet (either slapping it off or teleporting it away) and telepathically assault him.

Knowsbleed33
The beam Nimrod used was very specific, set to a specific frequency.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by galactusischere
Savage Hulk and Juggs vs a non-jobbing Aocalypse.
BFR is on BTW.

Who wins??

Interesting one. I do think that Apoc stands a good chance, he has psionic abilities and the means to remove Juggs helmet. Non-Jobbing Apoc, never seen this incarnation but with his powers he should be able to win 6/10 without BFR, 8-9/10 with BFR. no expression

illadelph12
The beam Nimrod used was very specific, set to a specific frequency.

Yeah. Hence the "attune". Frequencies can modulate. Once Apoc finds the right one it's game over.

psycho gundam
and trust apocalypse is aware of that particular skirmish, he makes it his business to know who's strong and who's not, and he already showed that he keeps tight surveillance on all of the major players.

remember the sword of war hulk taking out the NWO that juggernaut was working for? that wasn't circumstantial that they obtained it.

Blanket
Apoc one inch punches Hulk, and uppercuts Juggernaut into an old abondoned warehouse.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by illadelph12
Yeah. Hence the "attune". Frequencies can modulate. Once Apoc finds the right one it's game over.

All while he has Hulk attacking him, and Juggernaut running him down?

I feel confident Juggernaut isn't just going to stand there and wait for Apocalypse to figure it all out.

Mshinu
Apoc. Unlike those two he has a brain and versatility(sp?)

Kris Blaze

I feel confident Juggernaut isn't just going to stand there and wait for Apocalypse to figure it all out.
Well fortunately Apocalypse can fly, teleport and move a hella lot faster than them no expression

There's also that bit about Delph mentioning that Apocalypse would separate them from eachother first.

complexbrother
I don't know it's somthing about the endless strength that the savage Hulk would bring to the table, and the "unstoppable" Jugs would add a potent mix to the whole thing.

The Nuul
Apocalypse should win if he plays it smart.

illadelph12

Apoc can fly, teleport, become intangible, and generate forcefields. He controls the terms of engagement. He holds the majority of the advantages.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Well fortunately Apocalypse can fly, teleport and move a hella lot faster than them no expression

There's also that bit about Delph mentioning that Apocalypse would separate them from eachother first.

Glad someone has reading comprehension.

Knowsbleed33
That's all well and good, but I very much doubt it would go down like that; that quickly.

Besides, I doubt the Nimrod tactic would work anymore on the Juggernaut, since we've seen him function perfectly well without a nervous system and all that.

But you knew that already, right?

Kris Blaze
Chalked it up to PIS.

Knowsbleed33
The Nimrod showing?

Agreed.

Kris Blaze
The Nimrod showing?

Agreed.
No.

Juggernaut working as a skeleton.

Nimrod showing was pretty weak too though.

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut working as a skeleton is PIS?

Explain.

Kris Blaze
's pretty simple, I don't believe he can work as a skeleton.

If he could, telepathy shouldn't work on him. Which it has many more times than he's gone as a skeleton.

Knowsbleed33
You're assuming he didn't have his brain at the time.

Kris Blaze
You're assuming he didn't have his brain at the time.
No you see, the ways his brain has been shut down would mean that he relies on nerves and such. Which would be contradicted by said single showing.

Knowsbleed33
Uhh what? The sonic attack Nimrod used didn't affect his brain in the slightest, so I don't see the overall relevancy of your argument that the Juggernaut #1 showing was PIS.

Kris Blaze
Uhh what? The sonic attack Nimrod used didn't affect his brain in the slightest, so I don't see the overall relevancy of your argument that the Juggernaut #1 showing was PIS.
I hope you realize that Juggernaut has been incapacitated before that....

I did not once list the Nimrod incident as my reason for that being PIS, read it.

illadelph12
He's saying that the one instance of his being reduced to a skeleton and still functioning is contradicted by the majority of his history which would infer his necessity, and vulnerability, of his brain and nervous system. That D'Spayre situation had magical variables not accounted for or available in this battle scenario.

Kris Blaze
He's saying that the one instance of his being reduced to a skeleton and still functioning is contradicted by the majority of his history which would infer his necessity, and vulnerability, of his brain and nervous system. That D'Spayre situation had magical variables not accounted for or available in this battle scenario.
And delph strikes with his reading comprehension, show off.

illadelph12
College education ftw.

Knowsbleed33
Give me other showings of Juggernaut being incapacitated by attacking his nervous system only, not just his brain. Rendering him unconcious using TP has nothing to do with his nervous system.

illadelph12
So you're saying the brain, nervous system. and sense of hearing are not connected?

psycho gundam
not the same delph; a knockout shuts down the whole system top down, but you can also be a quadriplegic and still retain your consciousness as a normal person.

brain dead =/= stephen hawking

illadelph12
Wait, what? Hawkings has sclerosis. It's a neuron atrophy disorder. His muscles can't receive signals from his brain. Am I missing something in that analogy?

Doctor-Alvis
My theory is that Juggernaut's bodily functions work "normally" while they are connected to him. When they aren't he's sustained by magic. It seems to work considering how the consciousness and the physical body aren't necessarily connected in the Marvel universe. See - Colossus, Iceman, Absorbing Man, Silver Surfer, anyone who can astral project, etc.

Knowsbleed33
So you're saying the brain, nervous system. and sense of hearing are not connected?

No, I'm saying when a psi shuts Juggernaut down, they're shutting down his brain, not his motor functions like Nimrod did.

illadelph12
No, I'm saying when a psi shuts Juggernaut down, they're shutting down his brain, not his motor functions like Nimrod did.

Here's my issue with that line of reasoning:

Nimrod did it by attacking his brain as well. That's how the auditory system works. The ears are the "satellite dishes" receiving and sending the incoming signals to the receiver (brain) for processing. Nimrod caused Juggernaut sensory overload via sonics. He didn't attack his mind, per se, by the "conventional" telepathic means, but he did attack Juggs' brain, and quite effectively at that, just as telepaths do with "psi-bolts". The brain seems to be vulnerable.

Master Court
Originally posted by Blanket
and uppercuts Juggernaut into an old abondoned warehouse.

eek!

jLeOtRf6_1g

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Chalked it up to PIS. You know whats PIS? the likes of thor even scratching him thats PIS, a stupid writer linking his grater than primary adamantium durability to his ForceField, thats PIS....

Not Killing Hulk or thor when he had the chance thats PIS... mad mad

DarkOdin
Originally posted by nicamarvin
You know whats PIS? the likes of thor even scratching him thats PIS, a stupid writer linking his grater than primary adamantium durability to his ForceField, thats PIS....

Not Killing Hulk or thor when he had the chance thats PIS... mad mad

Thor has taken down skyfathers and taken high end cosmic beat downs and dealt out some back.

Apoc vs Thro that a good match but to say Apoc. he far beyond Thor is crazy

Doctor-Alvis

Nimrod did it by attacking his brain as well. That's how the auditory system works. The ears are the "satellite dishes" receiving and sending the incoming signals to the receiver (brain) for processing. Nimrod caused Juggernaut sensory overload via sonics. He didn't attack his mind, per se, by the "conventional" telepathic means, but he did attack Juggs' brain, and quite effectively at that, just as telepaths do with "psi-bolts". The brain seems to be vulnerable.
I think there's a difference in that sensory overload is like a flaw in the human design. It can happen to anyone. There's just that point where the brain can't do it anymore and shuts down.

Psionics usually depends on who's writing. Sometimes it's sort of like a low powered, intricate EM control (messing with the synapses) and sometimes, usually, it's its own thing.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Thor has taken down skyfathers and taken high end cosmic beat downs and dealt out some back.
Yet Juggernaut was about to brake his neck like a twig... smokin'

Knowsbleed33

Nimrod essentially severed Juggernauts spinal cord from his brain (not literally). He severed the brains connection to rest of his body using sonics to disrupt the connection, effectively paralyzing him.

Not at all the same as what a psi does to him.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Yet Juggernaut was about to brake his neck like a twig... smokin'
Must've missed that comic, troll.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.