Colossus vs Thing with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
They fight in human form. Thing given a year to get used to his human limitations.

Blanket
Based on what seems to be the case on the forums... Human Colossus would beat human Thing and rocky Thing easily, at the same time.

Battlehammer
lol yea Thing is quite underrated at times on the board.

Blanket
All the time

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Blanket
All the time
Yea all the time I agree. Unless it a die hard fan like tony stark debating him.

Blanket
Ironman, or Downey Jr?

Battlehammer
Ironman, or Downey Jr?
talking about the member tony stark lol

Blanket
Originally posted by Battlehammer
talking about the member tony stark lol Oh...

Nope. Must be irrelevant.

Battlehammer
it was pretty relevant to what we were talking about.......

Blanket
it was pretty relevant to what we were talking about....... The member. He's irrelevant.

Battlehammer
The member. He's irrelevant.
yea it is pretty irrelevant, but he was one of the few who actually overrated Thing.

I think Thing would take this personally.

Blanket
He was one of the few... if he was relevant.

Wasn't Thing a pretty good boxer when he was a human?

iceman24567
lovely convo smile

Battlehammer
He was one of the few... if he was relevant.

Wasn't Thing a pretty good boxer when he was a human?
Yea and he was pretty handy with a knife. I was going to make it two fights one with knifes one with out, but though knife fight might not be fair. He was also fairly skilled westler I believe.

Colossus-Big C
it would depend on who has better skills, thing might win

The Nuul
Piotr....

khazra
pete is bigger, stronger & more skilled IMO (or atleast a more balanced fighter). Ben Grimm will make the russian work for it though through sheer determination/stubborness/heart/

KingD19
A world class boxer vs a world class judo master, who's arguably stronger and more durable, as well as more agile in his human form.

I say Colossus takes it, or rather, Peter Rasputin.

snoopdogg
Piotr has some good h2h feats in human form along with some nice strength feats. He tossed a nice sized boulder at a T-Rex and hit him in the head in human form. Beast was also impressed at how strong Piotr was in human form.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KingD19
A world class boxer vs a world class judo master, who's arguably stronger and more durable, as well as more agile in his human form.

I say Colossus takes it, or rather, Peter Rasputin.
He a world class Boxer and wrestler as well as havign special opt h2h training.

He not stronger nor more durable. Ben was a beast in Human form he bordline peak human strength as a human. Were do you get colossus is more durable?

KingD19
Colossus is near peak human in the strength department as well. I didn't even know about the stuff Snoop brought up. And I just went with my gut on the durability thing, I mean, it's frickin Colossus.

And even if he is a wrestler/special ops fighter, he uses boxing about 90% of the time.

Battlehammer
Colossus is near peak human in the strength department as well. I didn't even know about the stuff Snoop brought up. And I just went with my gut on the durability thing, I mean, it's frickin Colossus.

And even if he is a wrestler/special ops fighter, he uses boxing about 90% of the time.
So what if it colossus how does that make him more durable then Thing in human form? Thing was human for the majority of his life working as a special opts agent.

Not really. He was open weight wrestling champ when he was Thing. When he was a human he was special opts agent with numerous combat experience and expert in h2h combat.

KingD19
I already said I just went with my gut on the durability, probably because he's Russian, and grew up a farm boy, which would probably go towards his durability, I don't know.

Once again, I said that he's good in wrestling and special ops, but in the majority of the fights he was in that I know of, all he did was box.

Battlehammer
I already said I just went with my gut on the durability, probably because he's Russian, and grew up a farm boy, which would probably go towards his durability, I don't know.

Once again, I said that he's good in wrestling and special ops, but in the majority of the fights he was in that I know of, all he did was box.
That some how better then being from New York growing up in a gang and being special opt agent?

Which would be wrong. When he was human he fought with his full arsenal of skills and when he was Thing he was world wrestling champion...... going to assume your knowledge of/comic you read of Thing lot more limmited then the ones you read with colossus.

Colossus in the vats majority of his fights does not display his knowledge of judo or really anything asside from brawling. So why assume Thing won't uses his skills, but Colossus who used them even less will?

KingD19
Once again, the durability thing was a guess. I was just coming up with a random reason. But in a fist fight against a gang member from Yancy Street, and a guy who grew up on a Russian farm, getting up at like 5am and working hard all day, just about everyday. I'd give it to the Russian powerhouse.

Yeah, I don't read FF much.

And he doesn't use his skills in most of his fights because they don't call for it, but when he does use them, it cements his abilities. Like when he used them on Savage Hulk, or literally bounced off a wall, then curled into a ball, and used his added momentum to knock someone stronger than him onto their ass with a drop kick.

And I never said Thing wouldn't use his special ops/wrestling skills, I just said from the fights I saw, he used boxing/brawling more.

Battlehammer
Once again, the durability thing was a guess. I was just coming up with a random reason. But in a fist fight against a gang member from Yancy Street, and a guy who grew up on a Russian farm, getting up at like 5am and working hard all day, just about everyday. I'd give it to the Russian powerhouse.

Yeah, I don't read FF much.

And he doesn't use his skills in most of his fights because they don't call for it, but when he does use them, it cements his abilities. Like when he used them on Savage Hulk, or literally bounced off a wall, then curled into a ball, and used his added momentum to knock someone stronger than him onto their ass with a drop kick.

And I never said Thing wouldn't use his special ops/wrestling skills, I just said from the fights I saw, he used boxing/brawling more.
so it was due to bias? No shame in that as good a reason as any when there durability is close to impossible to tell who infact is better. Though I give the guy who gang member when he younger and then a special opt guy when he older would be able to take more damage then a farmer.

I dont blame you they can be pretty boring.

Yes and the same can be said for Thing. When Thing was the wrestling champion of unlimited weight class or when he was special opt agent runing around with wolverine, or when he was boxing champ ect.

yea and colossus in most of his fights only uses his brawling. to assume Colossus would uses his full ray of abilities and not Thing seems wrong to me.

KingD19
Well when it comes down to it, it would be, could the gang member take the beating the farm dishes out? And I've played football against farm boys, it's not fun, in fact I was actually left with bruises from getting tackled. And not really bias as much as my way of seeing it is that gang members aren't worked as hard or as rigorously as farmers. So it made sense to me that a farm boy would hit harder, and take more damage than a gang member.

I never said Thing wouldn't use his skills, I just said the skills I saw were mostly boxing, and that's what he boasted about I think. In a human fight though, since neither has access to their uber strength, it's going to come down to skill against skill. And while Colossus has some experience with brawlers and special ops thanks to his years of training with the X-Men, Wolverine, and all his fights. Ben has never to my knowledge fought a judo master.

Battlehammer
Well when it comes down to it, it would be, could the gang member take the beating the farm dishes out? And I've played football against farm boys, it's not fun, in fact I was actually left with bruises from getting tackled. And not really bias as much as my way of seeing it is that gang members aren't worked as hard or as rigorously as farmers. So it made sense to me that a farm boy would hit harder, and take more damage than a gang member.

I never said Thing wouldn't use his skills, I just said the skills I saw were mostly boxing, and that's what he boasted about I think. In a human fight though, since neither has access to their uber strength, it's going to come down to skill against skill. And while Colossus has some experience with brawlers and special ops thanks to his years of training with the X-Men, Wolverine, and all his fights. Ben has never to my knowledge fought a judo master.
Gang members who fight all the time in street fights would be tougher and better suited to fighting then a farmer, not really comparable, and even more so if that street fighter became a special opt agent in the air force. I live on a farm, just because your used to hard work does not mean you can take more punches to the face or used to taking such damages as street fighters in special opt h2h experts.

Judo is commonly used in military training (that techiques that are usefull). To assume becuase colossus knows judo that some how gives him a win is stretching. Special opt trainign consists of many things taught within judo such as arm locks, throws ect. Colossus is also not a master at judo he knows it and was taught it by Cyclopes who is actaully a master at it. It combat sport. Training given to special opt fighters is far more usefull in real fight. There a difference between life in death combat styles and thoses used primarily as a sport which judo is. Also when has Colossus ever faced a wrestler?

snoopdogg
Piotr showed some nice H2H skill in some recent Uncanny issues in human form. Enough for me to think he can beat Ben Grimm if he uses his strength and durability edges.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Piotr showed some nice H2H skill in some recent Uncanny issues in human form. Enough for me to think he can beat Ben Grimm if he uses his strength and durability edges.
He does not posses a strength or durability edge........nor were those events your speak of anything superior to Ben grims feats as a human.

snoopdogg
Ben may be more skilled but Piotr's good enough to get the win because he's stronger and can take a beating.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Ben may be more skilled but Piotr's good enough to get the win because he's stronger and can take a beating.
but he not stronger and saying it over and over does not make it so. He can't take a bigger beating then Ben can.

Tha C-Master
Don't they train without powers occasionally in the danger room?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Don't they train without powers occasionally in the danger room?
Some do, but normally Wolverine with kitty or scot by himself. I never really seen Colossus trains with out his powers except when scot was showing him judo or was he training with a bo staff can't remeber.

Colossus-Big C
but he not stronger and saying it over and over does not make it so. He can't take a bigger beating then Ben can. hes stronger, colossus lifts 550 pounds in human form. but that doesnt always count as a win, this fight can go either way

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
hes stronger, colossus lifts 550 pounds in human form. but that doesnt always count as a win, this fight can go either way Yea, Piotr's stronger because he has better feats.

juggernaut74
Piotr wins. He is stronger & tougher. Plus he is Russian.

BUSTER1
5/5 I reckon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.