kratos vs dante (dante's inferno)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
In an all out battle, which would reign victorious?

Phanteros
been done before

fortinbross
Yea it has...
But again this all depends on which versions of both charaters.

Phanteros
This Dante for all I note of has no feats to even challange anyone of note yet.

BloodRain
Wasn't this made last week?

six6six
Apologies if this was dun b4. I did a search & all I seen was DMC Dante. And 4 the record, this is both at their max power. I will post more of dantes feats soon. He did defeat death. That much is known.

iChaos
Just wait until the game is out...

six6six
Now that Dante's inferno is out, lets continue the conversation....

BloodRain
Feats for Dante?

Burning thought
His scripted kills are similiar to Kratos', e.g. he overpowers large enemies similiar in size to the Minotaur. His cross probably wont do much good against Kratos, its powers are purely for the dark hearted such as Demons and Kratos is not christian or from that period.

The Scythe has a long range on it though, it can probably swing out far enough to outrange the blades of chaos.

six6six
Dante takes on Lucifer to get his precious Beatrice back
Nuff said.

Burning thought
I guess when you talk of what hes done it can sound impressive from a certain point of view. Defeated Lucifer, went through hell and even escaped after defeated him. Bypassed and defeated all the sins.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Burning thought
I guess when you talk of what hes done it can sound impressive from a certain point of view. Defeated Lucifer, went through hell and even escaped after defeated him. Bypassed and defeated all the sins.

But wouldn't his holy powers be alot less effective against kratos then is against demons?

XanatosForever
Didn't Kratos defeat Hades at one point? And he did of course kill Ares.

And Kratos escaped Hell as well. Twice, even, though it was for more violent reasons than Dante. I don't see how that has any bearing here.

Burning thought
Originally posted by jalek moye
But wouldn't his holy powers be alot less effective against kratos then is against demons?

Yes, I doubt the cross would affect Kratos at all. Dante is a very conceptual game though so its hard to say what Dante is capable of. The unholy scythe will be his main weapon, his magic may be useful.

XanatosForever
Wait, what? Why would Dante's holy weaponry not be effective against Kratos, a pagan deity not in following with God's will? Just because he's not a christian/catholic demon doesn't mean he wouldn't be affected because of his heretical nature.

Burning thought
I guess you have a point, being a heretic Kratos is almost an embodiment of the sin of heresy being a God of what is considered to Christian as false.

I guess the cross probably would destroy Kratos in that case. Which means Dante just has to press it to Kratos' body/face and he would explode and go to hell.

XanatosForever
And climb right back out for more punishment. laughing

Burning thought
Well hell is very different it seems in Dantes inferno. Everyone, regardless of whom they were seem to turn into mostly naked bald entities and fall burning into hell. They almost all look the same apart from the physical body difference between male and female.

XanatosForever
Well I'm sure Dante would have a bit more difficulty in purifying an pagan God compared to the standard demons he contends with, and I imagine Kratos, with his uber RAGE would find some way to maintain his self-awareness. My main point was that Kratos could, would, and should be affected by Dante's holy array.

six6six
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Didn't Kratos defeat Hades at one point? And he did of course kill Ares.

And Kratos escaped Hell as well. Twice, even, though it was for more violent reasons than Dante. I don't see how that has any bearing here.

Hades & Ares are no slouches by any means, but equal to Lucifer, I think not.

iChaos
But didn't he just seal Lucifer?

And as for Kratos, he defeated Ares with the help of Pandora's Box. And we haven't even played God of War III yet, so we don't even know how it's going to play out between him and Hades.

thereciever
ok let me put this thread with education first of all lucifer you suposed to call him by his angel name if you want to go that far into his religion second the devil = hades in greek mythology so hades is the devil in greek terms. and what kratos actaully is the marked one of distuction all dante is a holy warrior his not powerful at all ~learn your research and if you want to talk about religions and mythology let me know~

Kuja9001
Kratos killed the God Of death in GoS

That was before he fully became the God Of War.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Which in of itself means nothing, unless we look at Thanatos' feats/power.

It's about as stupid as thinking that Dante killing Death was a super duper feat, without looking at Death's feats, or his power.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by thereciever
ok let me put this thread with education first of all lucifer you suposed to call him by his angel name if you want to go that far into his religion second the devil = hades in greek mythology so hades is the devil in greek terms. and what kratos actaully is the marked one of distuction all dante is a holy warrior his not powerful at all ~learn your research and if you want to talk about religions and mythology let me know~

There is a lot wrong with this I hope you know.

AsbestosFlaygon
He still wins.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
He still wins.

Indeed. Considering how strong he is, I don't think Kratos would even have to touch him. Just throw a moderately small rock and pierce his skull.

BloodRawEngine
Aside from the Lucifer of DI being a joke even compared to most of the not-Zeus Gods when regarding sheer feats, Dante never really kills him so much as he just puts up a decent fight until using the souls he gathered to absolve himself and seal him away. He also even failed to do that, judging by the ending.

Then there's the aspect of the actual characters' own showings, in which Dante can best be regarded as a low-tier Kratos in the regards of the actual manner their feats shown (as in, how they do it). Not counting Kratos' higher weapon and magic power count, damage-tanking feats, higher-end strength feats, superior showings from his enemies than Dante's, etc. The debate of Kratos' unholy status in the eyes of the Christian-based religious standards is rendered moot given what it takes for Dante to even work that in as a possibility; He'd most likely have to not only outfight Kratos, but also overpower him, neither of which he can do.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Indeed. Considering how strong he is, I don't think Kratos would even have to touch him. Just throw a moderately small rock and pierce his skull.

He doesn't need to get in close though.

And crazy-high strength isn't all he has. stick out tongue

TheAuraAngel
It's all he needs though. haermm

In other news, that ninja battle I'm involved in has produced interesting information. laughing

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel

Actually, if the novel holds any worth, then Kratos actually did do that to a couple harpies using another one's severed head.

Flameback
Kratos in a smash. Too much to overcome.

ringtones
kratos is too strong and durable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.