Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Master X
Sony has just axed McGuire and Sam Raimi in favor of rebooting the franchise. This includes sending Peter Parker back to his high school days. Release date set for 2012.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. I understand there are script disagreements going on right now, but this is utter BS.

Black Yoshi
Wow, that's disappointing. Will the other cast members be returning for their roles?

Scythe
Yay!

Ptr_Grifin
Do you by any chance have a link or more info?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Sony has just axed McGuire and Sam Raimi in favor of rebooting the franchise. This includes sending Peter Parker back to his high school days. Release date set for 2012.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. I understand there are script disagreements going on right now, but this is utter BS. you gotta link to that ?

Kazenji
I'm up for a reboot

see if they do it different.

Kazenji
Originally posted by chomperx9
you gotta link to that ?

Just have to look on the net on those entertainment places such as Superherohype.

BruceSkywalker
Bad idea, they better come up with something

WickedDynamite
"OH HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE TO STAY!!!"

Reboot the franchise?! Yeah, sure! Sony most likely will hired Shia Labeouf to play Peter Parker and Uwe Boll as director.

Hahaha!!!! Oh happy days! Spiderman 4 is dead!

roughrider
First response - HOLY CRAP. eek!

...But upon reflection - you realize it was going to happen someday. Tobey was eventually going to be too old, and what not.

And I would like to see what a Spider Man film would look like without Sam Raimi's hypercaffeniated style. We have seen reboots work almost without fail for years now - it saved the Batman franchise.
So now Harry Osborn & Eddie Brock can get handled differently, in some new films.

Sith Master X
Yeah, it was bound to happen someday. Almost every franchise out there goes through a reboot at somepoint, there's just a few key problems here.

1. The franchise isn't even 10 years old yet, in fact, it's not even 8 years old. Now I know there's no rule that states there needs to be a certain amount time, but really? McGuire hasn't "outgrown" the role. He's still young.

2. What's the point? In all seriousness, wiping out the last 3 films now destroys the progression that has been made over the last 8 years.

Do we pretend that GG, Doctor Ock, Sandman, Venom, Harry, MJ, Aunt May, do we pretend this never happened now?

I know Spider-Man 3 wasn't the best film ever. The first 2 were far better, but it was still better than the bulk of superhero movies they are putting out there today. The fact is, this franchise has so much potentital to build upon. For example, Peter/MJ....honestly, after 8 years of investing interest in these characters, their last scene is a make up dance at a club????? If I felt like Spider-Man 3 brought closure, than fine. No big deal, but we have a franchise that has ended on such a weak note that it feels like any investment we've made is completely lost. The 3 movies Raimi did are now a trilogy, and one that is incomplete. We don't know how MJ and Peter end off, we'll never see Dylan Baker as the Lizard, we'll never see when Peter is forced to bury Aunt May...so many things left untold, and in my mind, you can't tell the untold things from this franchise in a completely rebooted one. Everything starts from scratch. Technically you can, but it doesn't bring closure to these set of characters.

If the studio would have let Raimi do his job, he could have put out a spectacular 4th installment, but they needed to have another zillion villians so they can manufacter more action figures. When Raimi finally wised up and said "that's it, I'm done" the studio does a major cop out by saying, lets just ignore these last 3 movies that Raimi did and restart.

In that case, JJ Abrahms should say "forget the last Star Trek, the next one is a redo." God almighty. And yeah, I know the last Star Trek was a reboot, but Star Trek has had years and years without movies with a running cast and crew.

I'm sure not all were pleased with Raimi's depiction of the Spider-Man series. Some are probably very happy about the reboot, and I respect your opinions 100 percent. I'm just stating how I feel.

Kazenji
I'm sure not all were pleased with Raimi's depiction of the Spider-Man series.

I can name one.....Mr Parker

chair

Scythe
I'm very curious as to the new direction they're gonna go with spidey. I'm wonderin' they'll either go dark & moody ala BB/TDK or campy.

jalek moye
I'm ok with this

Arahan
Spiderman 1 and 2 were good movies. But still I felt that Spiderman wasnst funny enough. Part 3 was bad imo. Sometimes reboots are not a bad idea. Hulk was a good one in my eyes.

But there are reboots that are completely BS like Brand New Day sick

steverules_2
I'm hoping with the reboot we can get a better venom and a better GG if they are to appear in the re-boot which I think should and will happen

coolmovies

roughrider
Raimi was pushing hard on doing the Vulture in SP 4 - something I was lukewarm about. I wanted to see the Lizard finally get his turn - and it could have opened the door for a character like Kraven the Hunter, if it becomes about hunting down and capturing Curt Conners/Lizard.

WickedDynamite
It was pretty obvious that Raimi was NOT going to change the pace of the Man-Spider Movie (tribute to Mr Parker) and that fourth film with the same formula, new villains, and cheesy scenes would have driven this franchise down the pipes of the toilet.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm very curious as to the new direction they're gonna go with spidey. I'm wonderin' they'll either go dark & moody ala BB/TDK or campy.

from what i am hearing spiderman quite possibly be dark and maybe 3-d...

also possible names taylor lautner, shia lebouf, and drake bell are being bandied about as possible replacments..

Originally posted by roughrider
Raimi was pushing hard on doing the Vulture in SP 4 - something I was lukewarm about. I wanted to see the Lizard finally get his turn - and it could have opened the door for a character like Kraven the Hunter, if it becomes about hunting down and capturing Curt Conners/Lizard.

The Lizard was supposed to be in 3, but Raimi obviously was forced to have venom...

Scythe
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
from what i am hearing spiderman quite possibly be dark and maybe 3-d...

also possible names taylor lautner, shia lebouf, and drake bell are being bandied about as possible replacments..

I hope it is dark, but those replacements suck. Do not want.

BruceSkywalker
I hope it is dark, but those replacements suck. Do not want.

yeah i hear about those replacements, but who knows, but sony better hope this film is a success otherwise they will have lots of egg on their faces

chomperx9
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/maguire-raimi-out-spiderman-franchise-ap

sad

H. S. 6
I'm excited about the possibility of some improvement after Spider-Man 3. The first two were great, but I think the third stained the reputation of the series a bit.

Give someone else a chance--maybe they can actually make a funny/sarcastic Spidey this time. stick out tongue

roughrider
I don't know about casting Shia Leboeuf, but no one could do Peter Parker better verbally; his ad-libbing in Transformers is very funny. Maguire's squeaky voice was one of his weak points.

Quincy
Alright - I find this a huge surprise. And I'm also a little disappointed. I agree with the sentiments about a waste of already developed characters and story arcs. Ending it after 3? I mean, not even giving the series a chance to bring itself back from a less than stellar installment?

So they are just going to scrap it all? What is it with Marvel and their fixation on reboots? Everyone wants to be Batman for christsakes.

Mindset
Tbh, I'm glad it's being rebooted after Spiderman 3.

But I'm not liking the names Taylor Lautner(wtf he's indian) or Drake Bell(wtf he sucks) anywhere near my Spiderman.

Shia is alright, but I don't really see him as Peter Parker.

chomperx9
the question is are they gonna make it serious and realistice kinda likw how nolan does with the batman films ? or does disney want it to be kinda childish kinda like batman and robin ?

Badabing
I enjoyed Spidey 1, 2 and even 3. But I was a bit irked they skipped him straight from high school to graduating. I always liked the Spidey stories where he's a teenager in high school. I hope they show Peter's scientific side, especially regarding his webbing formula.

Maguire has to be in his 30's by now and, imo, was getting too old. He could have pulled off a 4th Spidey film but what next? He'd be close to 40 if they made a 5th Spidey film with him. Starting over makes sense using a new, younger cast.

Micheal_Myers
I'm excited about this reboot. I liked the original franchise, dont get me wrong. But as stated many times above, Spidermans character wasn't funny or sarcastic like he was in the comics. And to be honest with you, it doesnt make any sense to me. You'd think Spidey's jokes would be perfect for corny movie trailer punchlines.

Anyways I'm down with a reboot. Lose the organic webbing and bring the Spidey jokes! Also bring a good Venom.

The Nuul
WOOT!

Can someone pleaseeee fire Fox from the X-Men franchise??

jinXed by JaNx
Topher grace should be peter parker.

tobey maguire is a little girl. Well, this franchise has gone to shit. It's starting over and parker is in high school all over again. GOD DAMN!!!

darthmaul1
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Topher grace should be peter parker.

tobey maguire is a little girl. Well, this franchise has gone to shit. It's starting over and parker is in high school all over again. GOD DAMN!!!

rebooting spiderman. Seriously?? its only been 9 years since the first one, and even though i wasn't that fussy for any of the films, they were ok but they said they want to appeal to a younger audiance?? WTF! just carry on but get rid of kirsten dump. It's not as if spiderman was as big a disapointment as the first hulk movie. The 3rd spidey movie had too many villans they should of just gone with venom and hob goblin. i was looking forward to the 4th if it had lizard man in it, which the guy they cast as conner would of been good.

Micheal_Myers
Peter Parker belongs in High School IMO. Spectactular Spiderman is AMAZING! If they take a few hints from that show make it a bit more mature, this film could be the best Spidey film of all.

Also, am I the only one excited about possibly seeing a REAL Green Goblin instead of Alien Cyborg Goblin?

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Peter Parker belongs in High School IMO. Spectactular Spiderman is AMAZING! If they take a few hints from that show make it a bit more mature, this film could be the best Spidey film of all.

Also, am I the only one excited about possibly seeing a REAL Green Goblin instead of Alien Cyborg Goblin?
That would be good, i always thought that when they cast willam defoe as the green goblin he would be good. but he sucked cause the costume was terrible, they could of gone with a batman type mask so you can at least see the bottom of his face.

BruceSkywalker

but at some point Peter Parker has to got to grow up and become a man so putting in high school along with the miley cyrus and other little kids since this will be aimed at them better produce a huge smashing success otherwise their will be firings over at sony

BruceSkywalker
just thought about this... who all wants Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart to replace Tobey and Kirsten?

darthmaul1
just thought about this... who all wants Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart to replace Tobey and Kirsten?

I was just going to say the same thing, not that i like twighlight. but it would be a fantastic marketing ploy to get ALL the girls to go see the movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I was just going to say the same thing, not that i like twighlight. but it would be a fantastic marketing ploy to get ALL the girls to go see the movie.

and forget Taylor Lautner will be Harry...

right now at this point i really do not know what sony is doing so i hope when actual people are casted i hope the cast is good

Spartan005
whats next? are they going to reboot "The dark Knight" too?

jesus christ. WHAT IS THE POINT??????

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Spartan005

The Dark Knight is the result of a rebooted franchise. Its gold.

The point is another take on the mythos. And to bring it back to square one and get a fresh start after the dissapointment of Spidey 3.

One more thing, would you rather see a new actor play Peter Parker in a new beggining? Or an actor take over where Tobey left off? Reboot is the smartest move imo.

Of course he does. But they took him out of High School within 1 movie. I think it was a bit hasty and some of Spidey best stories come from his High School days.

Just because he is in high school doesnt mean its going to be marketed towards fans of Miley Cyrus and High School Musical. Thats plain idiocy to say. Thats like saying Ultimate Spiderman is aimed towards that audience.
I will admit that I am a fan of SM 1 and 2. But I will never deny the fact that Tobey was a TERRIBLE Spiderman (though a decent Peter Parker). I'm seriously ready for some hilarious sarcasm from the webhead on the big screen. It's one of his trademarks, soo hopefully they will utilize it in this reboot.

BruceSkywalker

Of course he does. But they took him out of High School within 1 movie. I think it was a bit hasty and some of Spidey best stories come from his High School days.

but in the first spiderman film it played well showing him barely in high school here it doesn't appear to be the case

in some ways it does especially since it appears that sony may possibly hire people like rob pattinson, kristin stewart, possibly cyrus herself, etc... i will say this again sony better hope this film is a success

Kazenji
Lets hope they go with mechanical web shooters besides keeping Mr Parker happy.

jinXed by JaNx
It pisses me off that all of the superhero's used to be Men and now they're suddenly reverting back to children. I can deal with Spiderman in high school if it's his senior year, but i'm thinking they's put him in Freshman year and the next three installments will be the goddamn highschool years.

Kazenji
It pisses me off that all of the superhero's used to be Men and now they're suddenly reverting back to children. .

Who else besides Spider-Man ?

Mr Parker
Yay!

yeah thats absolutey the best news I've ever heard. Happy Dance Happy Dance
Thats something they were in desperate need of doing is getting a new director who understands the character of spider-man and for sure any different actor other than Tobey Mcguire for Peter Parker would be an improvement. Since they are going back and starting all over again,MAYBE we will finally get to see the TRUE spider-man on screen with WEBSHOOTERS. Happy Dance

They finally redeemed themselves with Batman with Batman Begins,maybe they can do so now with Spider-Man being rebooted as well.this is awesome.Hope they can get it right THIS time.

whether people realise it or not,the sad truth is just like batman 89,sm1 was just god awful and horrible.It seriously looked like it was written by a five year old with lame ass dialougue like spiderman saying to Green Goblin-Your out Gobby,out of your mind.That was so lame for a wisecrack from spiderman.

Or like in the beginning when Mcguire was talking saying-you want to know who I am,you sure you want to know who I am? It didnt help having Opey corny Tobey Mcguire delivering the lines. I would expect that kind of screenwriting out of a five year old,seriously. mad Once people are objective and take off the blinders and stop getting so excited about a spiderman movie FINALLY being brought to the screen,the logical ones realise that the first one was almost as horrible as the third one was.

Mr Parker

The point is spiderman fans are getting sick of the sony/Raimi crap franchise and a much needed move like this was totally neccessary.If they had continued with the same crap they been churning out since day one,the movies would just get worse and worse under Raimi and Sony. roll eyes (sarcastic)
No, no need to reboot Dark Knight,that was a great and amazing film unlike the man-spider movies.Now maybe we will finally get to see spider-man onscreen instead of man-spider. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like i said,they needed to reboot the Batman franchise with Batman Begins because the sad trus is whether you realise it or not is before Batman Begins,ALL the Batman movies from 89 to 97 sucked so hollywood FINALLY redeemed themselves with Batman Begins.Now they have a chance to finally redeem themselves with spider-man.

The Nuul
After Monday's big announcement that Sony is rebooting the "Spider-Man" franchise, the attention has turned to which director and star will bring the new version to life.

According to Deadline Hollywood, (500) Days of Summer and music video director Marc Webb is the frontrunner for the director's chair, but that the studio has a "wish list" of directors that also includes James Cameron, David Fincher and Wes Anderson. You would think that District 9 helmer Neill Blomkamp is somewhere on that list as well.

The site says that Webb has met with the Spidey producers and studio executives to talk about getting the movie underway later this year for a summer 2012 release. The studio is also reportedly wanting to shoot the film in 3D.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8976

Who the Hell is Marc Webb????

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Nuul
After Monday's big announcement that Sony is rebooting the "Spider-Man" franchise, the attention has turned to which director and star will bring the new version to life.

According to Deadline Hollywood, (500) Days of Summer and music video director Marc Webb is the frontrunner for the director's chair, but that the studio has a "wish list" of directors that also includes James Cameron, David Fincher and Wes Anderson. You would think that District 9 helmer Neill Blomkamp is somewhere on that list as well.

The site says that Webb has met with the Spidey producers and studio executives to talk about getting the movie underway later this year for a summer 2012 release. The studio is also reportedly wanting to shoot the film in 3D.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8976

Who the Hell is Marc Webb????

dont know but they sure as hell better not helm Cameron as the director.as much of a great director he is,he doesnt understand the character of spider-man and he was the one initially responsible for the way the franchise headed in the wrong and stupid direction it did.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Mr Parker
The point is spiderman fans are getting sick of the sony/Raimi crap franchise and a much needed move like this was totally

I just don't understand though? I mean this with the up most respect for you and am not trying to come down on your comment, but how is that after 2 wonderful Spider-Man films, and one medicore one, that suddenly earases all the good that Raimi brought in. After Spider-Man 2, alot of people said that it was this film that set the standards for Superhero movies.

Sony is more at fault for the crap that was the third one, but one bad film doesn't mean they couldn't have made a great 4th one.

LanceWindu
I just don't understand though? I mean this with the up most respect for you and am not trying to come down on your comment, but how is that after 2 wonderful Spider-Man films, and one medicore one, that suddenly earases all the good that Raimi brought in. After Spider-Man 2, alot of people said that it was this film that set the standards for Superhero movies.

Sony is more at fault for the crap that was the third one, but one bad film doesn't mean they couldn't have made a great 4th one.

I'm with Mr Parker on this one...when you really look back at the first Raimi Spider-Man movie...it's absolute crap.

1. Waaaaay too colorful and cartoony. Yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the colors are way too much.

2. Green Goblin...seriously? This is a no-brainer. He was a Power Rangers reject.

3. Kirsten as Mary Jane? Mary Jane is supposed to be the gorgeous girl next door, not the snaggle toothed troll next door. Not to mention in the movie they had known each other their whole lives, whereas in the comics they were introduced to each other much later.

4. Where is the Spidey humor? Very piss poor.

The second film was better, but it still had many of the same flaws as the first. And don't get me started on the third.

I'm all for a reboot.

darthmaul1
The point is spiderman fans are getting sick of the sony/Raimi crap franchise and a much needed move like this was totally neccessary.If they had continued with the same crap they been churning out since day one,the movies would just get worse and worse under Raimi and Sony. roll eyes (sarcastic)
No, no need to reboot Dark Knight,that was a great and amazing film unlike the man-spider movies.Now maybe we will finally get to see spider-man onscreen instead of man-spider. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like i said,they needed to reboot the Batman franchise with Batman Begins because the sad trus is whether you realise it or not is before Batman Begins,ALL the Batman movies from 89 to 97 sucked so hollywood FINALLY redeemed themselves with Batman Begins.Now they have a chance to finally redeem themselves with spider-man.

Hey for the time Batman 1989 and Batman returns were good movies plus now its been 20 years since the first one and after the last 2 they had to do something to reboot it. with the hulk (ang lee) after that crap fest they had to do a reboot, and the 2nd one was way better.
now with spiderman i think they could of maybe tried a 4th (either with or without tobey) but i think even though its only been 8 years since the first they should do a reboot and remove kirsten dump and just leave it with one villan (lizard man) and make the story good and please for the love of pete (no pun intended) don't make it so MJ is in trouble AGAIN at the end. The shit show we have seen with spiderman is because hollywood is too greedy and trys to capitalize on it. just take your time get a good director and script then proceed if it take 3 or even 4 years to get the movie out then so be it. it should be at least 3 before the next movie, other wise we could end up with some crap like TF2.

BruceSkywalker

ICAM...

Personally i do not want to see Spiderman in high school playing in three films over at least a six year period..

Sony is dead wrong when they think that just because The Dark Knight made a billion dollars deosn't mean this brand new Spiderman film will and since Disney owns Marvel I will not be at all surprised if teen actors/actresses are hired

WickedDynamite
If Disney wants to reboot this franchise the right way....they should go with PIXAR. Otherwise, I can see them going the same path....

...Miley Cyrus as Mary Jane. stick out tongue

Sith Master X
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'm with Mr Parker on this one...when you really look back at the first Raimi Spider-Man movie...it's absolute crap.

1. Waaaaay too colorful and cartoony. Yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the colors are way too much.

2. Green Goblin...seriously? This is a no-brainer. He was a Power Rangers reject.

3. Kirsten as Mary Jane? Mary Jane is supposed to be the gorgeous girl next door, not the snaggle toothed troll next door. Not to mention in the movie they had known each other their whole lives, whereas in the comics they were introduced to each other much later.

The second film was better, but it still had many of the same flaws as the first. And don't get me started on the third.

I'm all for a reboot.

And I respect your opinion and all those who don't see the same way I do.

But I need to clarify one thing for those who have problems with them not sticking 100 percent true to the comics. What we need to realize here is that comic books and the film industry are two different mediums. Trust me on this, what translates well in a comic book doesn't necessarily mean it will translate over well over on the big screen when they have a limited amount of time to tell a story.

I think some make it sound like Raimi completely destroyed the Spider-Man films, when it is pretty factual that the majority of the audience enjoyed the first 2 films to death. Box office numbers speak for themsevles.

Just because Mary Jane was the beautiful woman in the comic books doesn't mean she needs to be drop dead gorgeous in the film version.
Raimi has more of a fascination with giving us characters we can relate to, rather than Michael Bay who takes advantage of Megan Fox so the male audience has a reason to see Transformers.

Just because the Batman reboot was sucessful doesn't mean the same will happen for Spider-Man, and to be completely honest with you, I think the reboot will absolutely tank. I could very well be wrong, and if I am, I will still be here 2 years from now and I will be humble and admit it, but we'll have to see.

LanceWindu
And I respect your opinion and all those who don't see the same way I do.

But I need to clarify one thing for those who have problems with them not sticking 100 percent true to the comics. What we need to realize here is that comic books and the film industry are two different mediums. Trust me on this, what translates well in a comic book doesn't necessarily mean it will translate over well over on the big screen when they have a limited amount of time to tell a story.

I think some make it sound like Raimi completely destroyed the Spider-Man films, when it is pretty factual that the majority of the audience enjoyed the first 2 films to death. Box office numbers speak for themsevles.

Just because Mary Jane was the beautiful woman in the comic books doesn't mean she needs to be drop dead gorgeous in the film version.
Raimi has more of a fascination with giving us characters we can relate to, rather than Michael Bay who takes advantage of Megan Fox so the male audience has a reason to see Transformers.

Just because the Batman reboot was sucessful doesn't mean the same will happen for Spider-Man, and to be completely honest with you, I think the reboot will absolutely tank. I could very well be wrong, and if I am, I will still be here 2 years from now and I will be humble and admit it, but we'll have to see.

Don't get me wrong, I know they can't stick 100% true to the comics, but they should have him meet Mary Jane the same way he does in the comics. That's a major point in the comics, and it should be the same in the movie.

They can give us a Mary Jane "we can relate to", but she can still be a lot better looking than Kirsten Dunst. Hopefully a real red head this time too.

darthmaul1
Don't get me wrong, I know they can't stick 100% true to the comics, but they should have him meet Mary Jane the same way he does in the comics. That's a major point in the comics, and it should be the same in the movie.

They can give us a Mary Jane "we can relate to", but she can still be a lot better looking than Kirsten Dunst. Hopefully a real red head this time too.

Agreed. When i saw the first spiderman and that part where MJ comes out of the acting interview and she says to Pete that they said she needs acting lessons. A guy in our theater yelled out you still do. the whole theater burst out laughing.

Spartan005

I understand why they rebooted the batman franchise. Because those movies DID suck... well at least the sequels did, from what I remember.

But spiderman 1 and 2 were great movies. Who cares if theirs 2 lines of corny dialogue. Two lines aren't going to kill a movie and make it terrible (see avatar)

I'll still see the movie, and probably enjoy it. But why tell the same story over again?

EDIT: And stop with those stupid ****ing smiley faces damnit.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Lets hope they go with mechanical web shooters besides keeping Mr Parker happy.

i liked the idea of organic webbing..

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
If Disney wants to reboot this franchise the right way....they should go with PIXAR. Otherwise, I can see them going the same path....

...Miley Cyrus as Mary Jane. stick out tongue

thumb up

chomperx9
Originally posted by chomperx9
the question is are they gonna make it serious and realistic kinda like how nolan does with the batman films ? or does disney want it to be kinda childish kinda like batman and robin ? bump anyone know ^

Scythe
The web shooter device he has in the comics is something I would like to see. It added a new level of peril to Spidey. His ass could run out of webbing at any time, then he'd have to try twice as hard to survive. Which is why the sarcastic sense of humor is important to me too, he's explained it several times in the comics how he uses it because he's unsure of himself and like to keep villains in a pissed off state. Though before the comics went all BND-shitty, he did have organic webbing I believe. So I would miss web devices, but not that much.

Micheal_Myers
ICAM...

Personally i do not want to see Spiderman in high school playing in three films over at least a six year period..

Sony is dead wrong when they think that just because The Dark Knight made a billion dollars deosn't mean this brand new Spiderman film will and since Disney owns Marvel I will not be at all surprised if teen actors/actresses are hired

Whats soo wrong with Parker being in High School. I personally think Spidey was at his best in High School. He much more relatable to the target audience of both the film and the comics when he is in high school. I honestly never cared about Peters college life. "Oh boy! He's too busy fighting crime soo he cant keep up with his college work!!" Thats all I ever got out of it.

I will say it once again. Bring on the Spidey jokes, bring on the web shooters, bring on the high school stories. Lets make Flash actually blonde this time!

darthmaul1
Whats soo wrong with Parker being in High School. I personally think Spidey was at his best in High School. He much more relatable to the target audience of both the film and the comics when he is in high school. I honestly never cared about Peters college life. "Oh boy! He's too busy fighting crime soo he cant keep up with his college work!!" Thats all I ever got out of it.

I will say it once again. Bring on the Spidey jokes, bring on the web shooters, bring on the high school stories. Lets make Flash actually blonde this time!

I liked the fact that the web shooters were part of his mutation. but it was frigin stupid in the 2nd one when he lost his powers. (lame)
Please tell me when the Flash was in spiderman?

LanceWindu
I liked the fact that the web shooters were part of his mutation. but it was frigin stupid in the 2nd one when he lost his powers. (lame)
Please tell me when the Flash was in spiderman?

Not THE Flash. Flash Thompson. Mary Jane's boyfriend in the first movie.

OB1-adobe

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. I understand there are script disagreements going on right now, but this is utter BS.

It's because everybody wants to make Batman begins now

Spider-man begins & The Dark Web

Superman begins & The Dark Knight of Krypton

Iron man begins

Punisher begins

Green lantern begins & The emerald Knight

In one of the press releases it said (more or less) that the studio wanted to make a movie about a teenage Peter Parker struggling with the conflict of being an adolecent and thrusted into super hero responsibility.

Ummmmmmmmm...............wasn't that what the first films were really about?

Plus Spider-man 1 & 2 are labeled as some of the most succesful comic films of all time. They're not even 10 years old and they just threw them in the trash.

This is when comic book films start to get rediculous people. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they start making two sets of films of the same franchise.

Like there will be Dark batman movies coming out every three years, but then there will be light & funny batman movies in between those just they reach the broad audience to make more cash

Mr Parker
I understand why they rebooted the batman franchise. Because those movies DID suck... well at least the sequels did, from what I remember.

But spiderman 1 and 2 were great movies. Who cares if theirs 2 lines of corny dialogue. Two lines aren't going to kill a movie and make it terrible (see avatar)

I'll still see the movie, and probably enjoy it. But why tell the same story over again?

EDIT: And stop with those stupid ****ing smiley faces damnit.

Believe me it wasnt just those two lines that ruined it.Myself and another poster Bakerboy have listed the reasons why the first one is as god awful in the past as the last one that I can bring up links for if you want.

I love the idea that they are starting over with him in high school assuming they are going to do it right this time giving him the webshooters.This is what I have always wanted.I just dont like the idea of them doing it so soon is all.Do like Batman Begins and wait several more years before starting over again.That would be perfect and glad to see that you have seen jaden for what he is,a disinformation agent who arrogantly disregards everything anybody says that doesnt fit his version of events.Since you noticed that about him and defended me sometime back against him on that,I'll lay off the smileys.lol.

Mr Parker
Hey for the time Batman 1989 and Batman returns were good movies plus now its been 20 years since the first one and after the last 2 they had to do something to reboot it. with the hulk (ang lee) after that crap fest they had to do a reboot, and the 2nd one was way better.
now with spiderman i think they could of maybe tried a 4th (either with or without tobey) but i think even though its only been 8 years since the first they should do a reboot and remove kirsten dump and just leave it with one villan (lizard man) and make the story good and please for the love of pete (no pun intended) don't make it so MJ is in trouble AGAIN at the end. The shit show we have seen with spiderman is because hollywood is too greedy and trys to capitalize on it. just take your time get a good director and script then proceed if it take 3 or even 4 years to get the movie out then so be it. it should be at least 3 before the next movie, other wise we could end up with some crap like TF2.

No Batman 89 and Batman Returns were pure crap.Casting Michael Keaton as Batman was one of the worst casting choics in comicbook history.Pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne was an insult and joke to Batman fans.Then turning him into a cowardly killer killing his arch enemy the joker and killing villians in cowardly ways was an even bigger sin.Tim Burton should be shot for those disgraceful movies and shitting on the fans like that,so should Sam Raimi. mad

I was so happy when that idiot drughead Burton finally left the Batman franchise.Scumacher screwed up the Batman movies big time as well with Batman and Robin no question about that,but thank god he came on,I at least had a "halfway" decent Batman movie to watch till Batman Begins came along with Batman Forever since Val Kilmer made a much better Bruce wayne actually having the right look and a muscular build with a full set of hair
and he at least acted like Bruce wayne where Keaton as Bruce wayne acted NOTHING like him.

Keaton was a good Batman but sucked ass as Bruce wayne
where Kilmer was a better Bruce Wayne but sucked as Batman
where Bale he was awesome in BOTH roles thats why he is the one and ONLY true Bruce wayne/Batman and Chris Nolan is the only Batman director who did the movies justice and did not shit on Batman fans. stick out tongue
He is the one and ONLY true Batman director so far to this date.

oh and chew on this link here and read all my comments along with the thread starter on WHY the Burton Batman movies are crap. big grin

This was the best thread EVER created in the Batman section. Happy Dance Harvey Dent hit the nail right on the head with his title of the thread.I give very valid good reasons here WHY Burtons Batman movies need to be burned in my posts here on this thread as does Harvey Dent in his opening post. what nofate and nixon say in their next two posts after that ALSO explains why those movies are pure crap.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t379333.html

BruceSkywalker

its simple i do not want to see teen spidey in three or more films.. Raimi nailed it perfect during the first film where parker was in high school for a short period.. now fast forward to this new film lets all face it in order to show and have spidey in high school little boys and girls are going to be hired.. and i for one do not wanna see miley cyrus or any other disney kids portray any of these characters.. better yet, please feel free and tel me what actor/actress in their twenties can pull off being Peter Parker/Spiderman for three films over at least a six year period during which it is the high school years

darthmaul1
No Batman 89 and Batman Returns were pure crap.Casting Michael Keaton as Batman was one of the worst casting choics in comicbook history.Pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne was an insult and joke to Batman fans.Then turning him into a cowardly killer killing his arch enemy the joker and killing villians in cowardly ways was an even bigger sin.Tim Burton should be shot for those disgraceful movies and shitting on the fans like that,so should Sam Raimi. mad

I was so happy when that idiot drughead Burton finally left the Batman franchise.Scumacher screwed up the Batman movies big time as well with Batman and Robin no question about that,but thank god he came on,I at least had a "halfway" decent Batman movie to watch till Batman Begins came along with Batman Forever since Val Kilmer made a much better Bruce wayne actually having the right look and a muscular build with a full set of hair
and he at least acted like Bruce wayne where Keaton as Bruce wayne acted NOTHING like him.

Keaton was a good Batman but sucked ass as Bruce wayne
where Kilmer was a better Bruce Wayne but sucked as Batman
where Bale he was awesome in BOTH roles thats why he is the one and ONLY true Bruce wayne/Batman and Chris Nolan is the only Batman director who did the movies justice and did not shit on Batman fans. stick out tongue
He is the one and ONLY true Batman director so far to this date.

oh and chew on this link here and read all my comments along with the thread starter on WHY the Burton Batman movies are crap. big grin

This was the best thread EVER created in the Batman section. Happy Dance Harvey Dent hit the nail right on the head with his title of the thread.I give very valid good reasons here WHY Burtons Batman movies need to be burned in my posts here on this thread as does Harvey Dent in his opening post. what nofate and nixon say in their next two posts after that ALSO explains why those movies are pure crap.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t379333.html

You have to remember it's been 20 YEARS since BATMAN and for the time alot of people feel that it was a good batman film and keaton was well casted. it wasn't as if he pulled out a gun and killed the joker. the joker hitting the ground is what killed him. the batmobile was so cool in 89 but the 05 one is way better (but i will admit when i first saw it in the trailer i didn't like it) I love the Nolan films much more though they are for a more mature audiance.

Mr Parker
You have to remember it's been 20 YEARS since BATMAN and for the time alot of people feel that it was a good batman film and keaton was well casted. it wasn't as if he pulled out a gun and killed the joker. the joker hitting the ground is what killed him. the batmobile was so cool in 89 but the 05 one is way better (but i will admit when i first saw it in the trailer i didn't like it) I love the Nolan films much more though they are for a more mature audiance.

I myself remember when that movie first came out everywhere I went in school back then,I heard people angrily displaying the same anger i did about killing the joker and keaton being cast for that role.Calling it a boring snoozfest.

Also I can refer you to this one thread at this other site if you like where people pretty much bashed that movie left and right like they did in that link I gave you.

I am so grateful to Nolan because THATS the kind of Batman movie I expected to see back in 89 and felt cheated and robbed of and finally got the one myself and many batman fans deserve.Batman is a very close second to spidey as my favorite comicbook hero.they finally redeemed batman so that gives me hope for the future they will do the saem thing with spidey as well.Hopefully true spidey fans will get that good movie THIS time around since its being rebooted. Happy Dance

Kazenji
No Batman 89 and Batman Returns were pure crap.Casting Michael Keaton as Batman was one of the worst casting choics in comicbook history.Pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,. mad

Not this shit all over again

Just accept the the fact that some people still enjoy those two movies hell i still like them even with this new Batman movies being made.

Kazenji
Cameron is'nt interested in doing it

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8992

Mr Parker
thats a relief.

Mr Parker
Not this shit all over again

Just accept the the fact that some people still enjoy those two movies hell i still like them even with this new Batman movies being made.

thats fine that they enjoy them still after all this time,theres things i like about them as well like looking at the hot looking kim basinger and michelle phieffer, the ONLY good things about those films for me,I fast forward through the scenes they are not in. big grin just that the people that loved them back then and thought they were so great,are people who are willing to settle for mediocracy and dont care about hollywood raping to death a great character which is really sad

.sorry but when it comes to Batman or Spiderman,I expect greatness on the screen.Thank god for Nolan cause I finally got that with Batman at least. Happy Dance

The Nuul
This isnt Camerons type of movie. Also has bigger and better movies to do, the right move!

Mindset
It pisses me off that all of the superhero's used to be Men and now they're suddenly reverting back to children. I can deal with Spiderman in high school if it's his senior year, but i'm thinking they's put him in Freshman year and the next three installments will be the goddamn highschool years.

Spiderman has always been the youthful hero, even when he graduated HS he was a boy in a man's body.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
This isnt Camerons type of movie. Also has bigger and better movies to do, the right move!

Well the only reason they asked him was he was the one that was orignally gonna do the first movie

but yeah he has better things to do now.

Micheal_Myers
Why is everyone tossing disney actor names in this? I seriously doubt Miley Cyrus's name will be attached to this film. I think some of you are being overly pessimistic over what could be a very positive change in this franchise...

LanceWindu
Why is everyone tossing disney actor names in this? I seriously doubt Miley Cyrus's name will be attached to this film. I think some of you are being overly pessimistic over what could be a very positive change in this franchise...

They are being butthurt fanboys, automatically thinking the worst when they heard "high school".

roughrider
Maybe this is Marvel's opportunity to re-integrate Spider Man into a larger Marvel Universe - like what we're seeing with the Avengers - if they can get the rights and produce this through Marvel Studios.

BruceSkywalker

well the thing is since sony is possibly looking to a kid audience that is the reson for all the stories regarding kid actors.. and

I could be right

spidermanrocks
WTF reboot? What's next? Will they reboot X-Men and Iron Man too? SM3 was bad but it wasn't reboot bad. Why not just make a better sequel? Don't get me wrong. I'm happy about the reboot but in my opinion, it's way too early. Raimi's frnachise is still too fresh in our minds and people who don't read comics and don't do any research will be walkin in theatre on that day when it comes out and they will expect a sequel. When they see new actors etc. they will get confused. I think they should release SM4 and then do the reboot.

I hope this reboot won't dissapoint. Here are some things that I would like to see in the reboot:

-Peter in high school for the first movie (I don't care about the sequels but the movie will be rushed if he graduates as fast as he did in SM1)
-A more geeky peter parker
-liz allan as his first crush
-gwen stacy as his friend (or maybe lover by the end of the movie)
-no mary jane yet (gwen's his true love)
-WEBSHOOTERS
-a spider-man who jokes around and makes you laugh and annoys his villains
-norman osborn acting more like the 90's/Ultimate/Spectacular spider-man cartoon/current comics Osborn (in other words, the lex luthor version of norman)
-have an actual plot this time Raimi's movies were more like the old school superhero movies. A villain is created, spidey fights him, spidey loses, spiey comes back, villain dies. Have an actual plot this time like Nolan's batman. Stop killing off villains.
-have other minor villains in the movie like nolan's batman. for example, scarecrow came back in TDK in the beginning. Have the same thing with spider-man. Have him battles minor villains like for example Shocker and Rhino, similar to how he always fights Shocker and Rhino in USM.
-a scary green goblin that actually wears the green and purple suit.

spidermanrocks
continued...
-have cameos of other villains throughout the sequels. Kingpin could make an appearance every now and then talking with osborn on the phone or something. chameleon could make small some appearances too like he did in the last episode of Spectacular Spier-Man
-don't make it batman dark but at the same time, don't make it cheesy like the first movie (the first one was a little cheesy IMO but it was still great)
-don't use Green Goblin as a villain for the first movie. He should come in the sequels like ledger's joker did
-better venom but don't bring him in until the second trilogy (movies 4-6)
-have a black suit that looks just like the comics one and have a dark peter parker that wears it
-introduce carnage and just unleash him. rate the movie R if possible.
-lizard...will we ever see him at all in a movie?
-how could we forget hobgoblin and mysterio?
-mary jane played by a hot redhead (dunst wasn't hot at all) and make her a party girl like in the comics
that's all i got for now

Sith Master X
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
WTF reboot? What's next? Will they reboot X-Men and Iron Man too? SM3 was bad but it wasn't reboot bad. Why not just make a better sequel?

My thoughts exactly! I can't figure this one out. This is sending a message out to world of movies where you can have 2 great movies, one mediocre one, and you toss everything out and restart. What a waste of progression.

Deadline

You know what I suspect. When Marvel come out with Captain Ameriac the frist Avenger they're actually going to create a movie marvel universe that is canon like the comics. Apparently any marvel movies after Cap will exist in the same time line. So the Spiderman movies aren't in the same time line that explains it.

Micheal_Myers
My thoughts exactly! I can't figure this one out. This is sending a message out to world of movies where you can have 2 great movies, one mediocre one, and you toss everything out and restart. What a waste of progression.

Mediocre? Spiderman 3 was terrible. This isnt even sending that kind of message to anyone either. Raimi QUIT! Tobey followed suit. Its better to reboot with a new actor then continue the story with one and everyone would be like WTF?! This isnt even about how bad SM 3 was.

LanceWindu
WTF reboot? What's next? Will they reboot X-Men and Iron Man too?

Please, please, please reboot the X-Men franchise!

BruceSkywalker
Let the rumors keep going

Micheal_Myers
Co-signed.

Kazenji
Found someone to direct it now

Marc Webb

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62499

BruceSkywalker
Found someone to direct it now

Marc Webb

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62499

i have no idea who this person is, but i will wait and see

Micheal_Myers
Not really familiar with his work, but whatever. Lets get some casting done now....

BruceSkywalker
whats next joseph gordon levitt as Parker/Spiderman???

Mr Parker

I'm all for a reboot.

Thank You Lance.Not to mention you cant have a true spidey movie without the mechs and that was absurd that Peter and Mj knew each other since grade scholl WTF!!!!!!! mad Im okay with a change like them meeting in high school instead of college but that was just plain idiotic plus Mary Jane acted NOTHING at all from the Mary Jane from the comics and was mcuh more like Gwen Stacy.How pathetic. You hit the nail right on the head about the Goblin costume as well.could not have said it better myself. thumb up

reboot all the way!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Micheal_Myers

You have no idea who this director is, yet you still bash it? Talk about ignorance...

LanceWindu

Personally I think JGL could be a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Deadline
Mediocre? Spiderman 3 was terrible. This isnt even sending that kind of message to anyone either. Raimi QUIT! Tobey followed suit. Its better to reboot with a new actor then continue the story with one and everyone would be like WTF?! This isnt even about how bad SM 3 was.

I don't know what was wrong with Spiderman 3. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BruceSkywalker
You have no idea who this director is, yet you still bash it? Talk about ignorance...

i tell you what.. you better hope this unknown person better make a hit film.. also i have read that more unknowns will be casted...

also who is this person, i have never heard of him, so tell me how many hit films has he made? who exactly has he worked with???

he better make people forget about Spiderman 3

BruceSkywalker
i tell you what.. you better hope this unknown person better make a hit film.. also i have read that more unknowns will be casted...

also who is this person, i have never heard of him, so tell me how many hit films has he made? who exactly has he worked with???

i also hope this film has some good action scenes

Mr. Rhythmic
Marc Webb, Ultimate Spider-Man, and an $80 mil. budget.......

**** Marvel and Sony.

Mr. Rhythmic

Guess you never read the comics. The colorfulness and fun was a part of the appeal.

I liked the suit. And if all you're looking at is the costume, I don't respect your opinion. Dafoe as the Goblin himself was incredible, and one of my personal favorite movie villains.

She's pretty cute, and fills her role well enough. It's not until 3 where I get annoyed with her.

I thought those little inward jokes were funny.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

Guess you never read the comics. The colorfulness and fun was a part of the appeal.

I liked the suit. And if all you're looking at is the costume, I don't respect your opinion. Dafoe as the Goblin himself was incredible, and one of my personal favorite movie villains.

She's pretty cute, and fills her role well enough. It's not until 3 where I get annoyed with her.

I thought those little inward jokes were funny.

Just reading your reply...I don't respect your opinion.

Yeah, the comics are supposed to be colorful and cartoony...but the movie was way too saturated in unnatural colors.

Dafoe played Goblin great, I'll give you that, but the costume is NOT the Green Goblin, it was Master Chief with a new helmet.

Kirsten Dunst can be cute, but not as a red head and definitely NOT as Mary Jane. She played the character completely wrong.

There was a bit of Spider-Man's humor, but nothing like the comics. Instead we got humor from Spidey falling or his powers faltering, we really didn't get his sarcastic humor in the middle of fights with his villains.

Sabu935
It is probably going to be as horrible as the 3rd and second.

Kazenji
Jeeez don't think like that.

Micheal_Myers

Its a Spiderman film. The public loves the character of Spiderman. The film will be a commercial success no matter what. Whether or not it will be critically successful is up in the air. But thats the case for ANY movie that has yet to be released.

As for the title...I'm kinda bummed about them going with Ultimate rather than Amazing Spider-man.

Tired-Hiker
I'm so glad they are rebooting the web head flicks. The Raimi movies never captured the true flavor of Spidey for me. I doubt the new ones will be any worse.

starlock
I am all for a new director...though i dont know of him...but a reboot is ridiculous.

Deadline
Originally posted by Deadline
You know what I suspect. When Marvel come out with Captain Ameriac the frist Avenger they're actually going to create a movie marvel universe that is canon like the comics. Apparently any marvel movies after Cap will exist in the same time line. So the Spiderman movies aren't in the same time line that explains it.

Yeah, the comics are supposed to be colorful and cartoony...but the movie was way too saturated in unnatural colors.

Dafoe played Goblin great, I'll give you that, but the costume is NOT the Green Goblin, it was Master Chief with a new helmet.

Kirsten Dunst can be cute, but not as a red head and definitely NOT as Mary Jane. She played the character completely wrong.

There was a bit of Spider-Man's humor, but nothing like the comics. Instead we got humor from Spidey falling or his powers faltering, we really didn't get his sarcastic humor in the middle of fights with his villains.

You just sound like you're just complaining and nitpicking.

BruceSkywalker
Its a Spiderman film. The public loves the character of Spiderman. The film will be a commercial success no matter what. Whether or not it will be critically successful is up in the air. But thats the case for ANY movie that has yet to be released.

As for the title...I'm kinda bummed about them going with Ultimate rather than Amazing Spider-man.

the film being a commercial success... that is to be determined..

a friend of mine just echoed the same sentiment, sony just cannot alienate the films already existing fans in favor of trying to start up all over again, especiially hiring a no name director.. also i keep hearing taylor lautner and miley cyrus as possible candidates, so it seems those rumors aren't going away just yet

LanceWindu
You just sound like you're just complaining and nitpicking.

No, nitpicking would be if those were my only complaints. I straight up didn't like the entire movies.

Sabu935
Well,I think the movie will have to much romance.

ladders
I'm late to this thread, but, as someone who found the first movie disappointing, the second bad, and the third just plain awful (and who think Toby McGuire makes a horrible Peter Parker)...

HOORAY!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Mr Parker
I don't know what was wrong with Spiderman 3. roll eyes (sarcastic)

that HAD to be sarcastic and a joke.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Butcher
It is probably going to be as horrible as the 3rd and second.

You mean as horrible as the first and third right? The second one was the only one of the Raimi/Mcguire trilogy that was really halfway decent mainly because of the special effects.

FistOfThe North
hey parker. you dream's finally come true. "a dead spiderman".

how do you feel? gleeful, i wager..

Mr Parker
makes me want to go out and do cartwheels and shout out yahoo!!! big grin

the only thing I dont like about it all is even though it is MUCH needed to get a reboot and start it all over again like it was with Batman,unlike with Batman,I dont think the timing to do this is right.When they did Batman Begins it was eight years later after Batman and Robin bombed before they rebooted it.They were smart to wait several years before starting it over again to make up for the mistakes that were made with Batman 89 from several years back. They should do the same thing here and just stop making these man-spider movies for several years and start all over again years from now after the bad taste of this franchise gets out of peoples mouths.Its too early to get it re started all over again with him back in high school so soon.wait several years for crying out loud dammit. mad

darthmaul1
IMO it worked for the hulk rebooting it 5 years later. and if the reboot of spidey comes out another 2 years from now that will be 5 years too.
Who knows it could be good.

The Butcher
You mean as horrible as the first and third right? The second one was the only one of the Raimi/Mcguire trilogy that was really halfway decent mainly because of the special effects. The movies aren't great,but the first one was the best out of the three.

IMO it worked for the hulk rebooting it 5 years later. and if the reboot of spidey comes out another 2 years from now that will be 5 years too.
Who knows it could be good.
I thought the latest Hulk movie was very good.The one before sucked though.

spidermanrocks
lol "man-spider" that name makes me laugh everytime I see it even though I liked Raimi's franchise. I was at first kinda pissed off about this because it popped out of nowhere. I don't mind a reboot and I do have a feeling that the first two movies of this reboot will be amazing but what comes after? How do we know that Sony won't try to take control of this new franchise after a few sequels? It's not the reboot I'm worried about but the future sequels.

spidermanrocks
I'm also worried that this movie might not be well-received at the box office due to the upcoming Superman reboot, Batman 3, Green Lantern, and Avengers. I hope the reboot will be just as good as these movies or better.

spidermanrocks

As much as I hate waiting for reboots, I agree. But.............................................DO NOT REBOOT IRON MAN, BATMAN, HULK, AND PUNISHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazenji
.DO NOT REBOOT IRON MAN, BATMAN,

The way Jon Favreau (Iron Man) and Nolan (Batman) are handling those two won't be getting reboots anytime soon

I agree on the Hulk but Punisher he's had 3 reboots.

The Butcher
I'm also worried that this movie might not be well-received at the box office due to the upcoming Superman reboot, Batman 3, Green Lantern, and Avengers. I hope the reboot will be just as good as these movies or better. Unfortunately due to The Dark knight,Batman(Whatever the third movies name is),will be overshadowing the others(More than likely).Next to that will be The Avengers,so Spider-Man really has no chance in hell in beating these movies.

I myself thought Punisher: Warzone was the best Superhero movie,next to it is Blade.

Kazenji
Punisher's a superhero now?

SamZED
Im actually glad they're rebooting it. There's no need for SM 4. I want a movie with Spider-man beating up bad guys and cracking silly jokes. Less drama.

The Butcher
Punisher's a superhero now? What? The best Anti-Hero movie?Well Punisher:Warzone was the best out of any superhero movie ever made(Spidey,Batman,Superman,Iron Man etc.)

Mr Parker
The movies aren't great,but the first one was the best out of the three.

thats the riot of the century.the second one was the only halfway decent one of those pathetic movies. laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ladders
I'm late to this thread, but, as someone who found the first movie disappointing, the second bad, and the third just plain awful (and who think Toby McGuire makes a horrible Peter Parker)...

HOORAY!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!

this guy hit the nail right on the head and is one smart guy and understands how bad those movies really were. thumb up thumb up thumb up

Kazenji
What? The best Anti-Hero movie?Well Punisher:Warzone was the best out of any superhero movie ever made(Spidey,Batman,Superman,Iron Man etc.)

I disagree on the Best Movie comic book movie ever part, It was a good Punisher movie for those people who have have read Ennis's work but for me that would be between Iron Man or Dark Knight.

The Butcher
I disagree on the Best Movie comic book movie ever part, It was a good Punisher movie for those people who have have read Ennis's work but for me that would be between Iron Man or Dark Knight. Didn't like Iron Man at all,TDK was decent.Batman Begins was better.

Kazenji
What did'nt you like about Iron Man?

The Butcher
What did'nt you like about Iron Man? Not enough action and did not like Iron Man to much,even DD was better than that.

Kazenji
I'm the other way around myself I prefer Iron Man as the character more then Daredevil.

Mindset
Not enough action and did not like Iron Man to much,even DD was better than that. You have weird tastes in movies, at least super hero ones.

The Butcher
Originally posted by Mindset
You have weird tastes in movies, at least super hero ones. I like action ones.I don't like Wolverine to much,but his movie was great.

Arahan
I want a cool wise cracking Spiderman with great action and where he shows his speed, strength and agility.

And for the comics...give me back pre BND Spidey sick

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Arahan
I want a cool wise cracking Spiderman with great action and where he shows his speed, strength and agility.

wasn't that spiderman 1? (aka the best spiderman film..)

Spidervlad
Oh my god. If Taylor Lautner stars as Spiderman I will not watch it. Ever.

Are you serious now? The annoying piece of crap actor who is taped to every girl's locker room in every high school is going to be Spiderman?

We need someone who physically does not look strong, but rather nimble and athletic in a slender kind of way. He's also not supposed to look gloomy or menacing, but rather outgoing and silly yet with maturity to back all that up.

I don't know why, but Shia does not seem to be an appropriate actor for Spiderman. I think it's because he has that sort of body build that kind of makes him seem short, while I always portrayed Peter Parker to have a lanky type of body build. And then theres the fact that his eyes or face do not portray enough maturity behind them to play the important, dramatic parts of Spiderman's life.

SamZED
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
wasn't that spiderman 1? (aka the best spiderman film..) I dont recall him saying anything funny during a fight... Also SM2 imo is better. And if they're gonna rebooth the movie im pretty sure they wont show us Parker getting bitten by a spider.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by SamZED
I dont recall him saying anything funny during a fight... Also SM2 imo is better. And if they're gonna rebooth the movie im pretty sure they wont show us Parker getting bitten by a spider.

?

He always crack jokes while fighting in part one..

what about when he fought the wrestler bonesaw. he was even goofing off while fighting green goblin at times. and all of the bad guys while taking flamboyant pictures of himself.

and that sm2 is better is your opinion and that's ok.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Spidervlad

Are you serious now? The annoying piece of crap actor who is taped to every girl's locker room in every high school is going to be Spiderman?

We need someone who physically does not look strong, but rather nimble and athletic in a slender kind of way. He's also not supposed to look gloomy or menacing, but rather outgoing and silly yet with maturity to back all that up.

I don't know why, but Shia does not seem to be an appropriate actor for Spiderman. I think it's because he has that sort of body build that kind of makes him seem short, while I always portrayed Peter Parker to have a lanky type of body build. And then theres the fact that his eyes or face do not portray enough maturity behind them to play the important, dramatic parts of Spiderman's life.

Lautner as Parker/Spiderman is one romor that seems to have staying power, but nothing has been announced just yet

The Butcher
Originally posted by Spidervlad

I don't know why, but Shia does not seem to be an appropriate actor for Spiderman. I think it's because he has that sort of body build that kind of makes him seem short, while I always portrayed Peter Parker to have a lanky type of body build. And then theres the fact that his eyes or face do not portray enough maturity behind them to play the important, dramatic parts of Spiderman's life. Good god even Sholah Buff(the actor from Transformers)could even do a better job than him,and that's sad.

Bardock42
Good god even Sholah Buff(the actor from Transformers)could even do a better job than him,and that's sad.

Shia LaBeouf

Mr. Rhythmic

Yup, you're nitpicking.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Yup, you're nitpicking.

I don't even see you arguing your case, you're just saying I'm being nitpicky because you can't prove me wrong.

SamZED
Lance, agreed with everything you said (not the best MJ, not enough humor, Defoe etc) except GG costume, it wasn't perfect but it would've been worse if it was like in the comics, at least this one kinda looked like armor, purple underwear just wont work in a movie...

LanceWindu
Lance, agreed with everything you said (not the best MJ, not enough humor, Defoe etc) except GG costume, it wasn't perfect but it would've been worse if it was like in the comics, at least this one kinda looked like armor, purple underwear just wont work in a movie...

I wouldn't expect the costume to look just like in the comics, but I think they still could have made it much better. Why would the military need a flight helmet which looked like a goblin face? That really made no sense to me.

SamZED
I wouldn't expect the costume to look just like in the comics, but I think they still could have made it much better. Why would the military need a flight helmet which looked like a goblin face? That really made no sense to me. I think there was no helmet, Osborn made it after he "stole" the glider. When they were testing it in the beginning there was no helmet.

LanceWindu
I think there was no helmet, Osborn made it after he "stole" the glider. When they were testing it in the beginning there was no helmet.

The testing was also done in a controlled environment and not in full assault use yet.

How would he make that helmet himself?

SamZED
The testing was also done in a controlled environment and not in full assault use yet.

How would he make that helmet himself? Dunno, but reminds me of a certain Randomguy video from youtube with GG talking to Luthor:
"See this Lex? This is a pumpkin bomb. I came up with it off-screen, built it off-screen, then I blew up a building with it. And then my movie made twice as much as your did." big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>