Thor, Sentry, Gladiator vs. Captain Marvel, Wonderwoman, Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Everyone is going all out. Who wins?

Knowsbleed33
What the heck are anyone on team DC going to do to Sentry?

JakeTheBank
I assume the Sentry being used is non "Molecule Man owning" version, right?

The Nuul
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I assume the Sentry being used is non "Molecule Man owning" version, right?

Some will say he still solos.

Knowsbleed33
He said going all out, so I assume that would be the version to which he is referring.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
What the heck are anyone on team DC going to do to Sentry? Do you feel the Sentry has become unbeatable?

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by The Nuul
Some will say he still solos.

He certainly wouldn't solo.

quanchi112
I assume the Sentry being used is non "Molecule Man owning" version, right? Not just this showing. That would make it unfair, me thinks.

He certainly wouldn't solo. Then what's your problem with the Sentry being in this thread? I used to hear he's the weak link even though old quanny boy always told you this isn't so.

JakeTheBank
Even with his matter manip, Sentry is not immune to physical damage, as Thor recently batted him away in Seige #1.

Knowsbleed33
I don't see any way for them to put him down in any meaningful way.

quanchi112
Even with his matter manip, Sentry is not immune to physical damage, as Thor recently batted him away in Seige #1. Which team do you favor?

Q99
What the heck are anyone on team DC going to do to Sentry?

Well, lesse, Wonder Woman has a lasso that can contact his soul. With someone of his mental instability, that should be a win.

JakeTheBank
I'm torn here, tbh. Team 1 has better ranged capabilities. On the other hand, Team 2 could be argued to be more skilled when it comes to up close and personal brawling. I personally think if the Sentry being used is pre-Dark Avengers #12, he's probably the weakest link here.

Knowsbleed33
I personally think if the Sentry being used is pre-Dark Avengers #12, he's probably the weakest link here.

Maybe, but using pre-DA #12 we still have WWH Sentry. Going by the OP's stips, he also fits the bill.

quanchi112
I'm torn here, tbh. Team 1 has better ranged capabilities. On the other hand, Team 2 could be argued to be more skilled when it comes to up close and personal brawling. I personally think if the Sentry being used is pre-Dark Avengers #12, he's probably the weakest link here. How is he still the weakest link prior to da 12?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
How is he still the weakest link prior to da 12?

He's had sporadic showings ranging from low to middle to upper herald. He's powerful, fast, and durable, I'll give him that, but his physical attributes, while impressive if he's having a good day, aren't enough to support his team against people who IMO, can each handidly defeat Sentry in a one-on-one fight. He doesn't have as much to offer his team in comparison to Thor and Glads.

iceman24567
Team two due to Orion

Sasaraixx
Team 2

Q99
He's had sporadic showings ranging from low to middle to upper herald. He's powerful, fast, and durable, I'll give him that, but his physical attributes, while impressive if he's having a good day, aren't enough to support his team against people who IMO, can each handidly defeat Sentry in a one-on-one fight. He doesn't have as much to offer his team in comparison to Thor and Glads.

And even at his physical strongest he's still mentally vulnerable.

Also, I think teamwork wise team 2 has the edge. They've each worked with each other before and can get along without clashing.

xJLxKing

Naija boy
TEam 1

iceman24567
Nigga you crazy

quanchi112
He's had sporadic showings ranging from low to middle to upper herald. He's powerful, fast, and durable, I'll give him that, but his physical attributes, while impressive if he's having a good day, aren't enough to support his team against people who IMO, can each handidly defeat Sentry in a one-on-one fight. He doesn't have as much to offer his team in comparison to Thor and Glads. I disagree entirely. The Sentry has always been a powerhouse only limited by is fear of his powers. He's easily more powerful than Gladiator and possibly Thor though Thor's greatest feats of power are better at this point imo though some could argue the MM's feat could be.

Sentry can go toe to toe with anyone hear physically due to his WW Hulk showing. If he cuts lose and doesn't hold back he's a beast and that's when he lost control and before he even understood his own powers to a certain extent via da 12.

Originally posted by Q99
And even at his physical strongest he's still mentally vulnerable.

Also, I think teamwork wise team 2 has the edge. They've each worked with each other before and can get along without clashing. When characters are on a team there is no in fighting which takes place in comics.

Q99

When characters are on a team there is no in fighting which takes place in comics.

Not infighting so much as familiarity. Characters who know each other better can predict what their allies will do and set up stuff without alerting their enemies. They can judge the battle better. WW, CM, and Orion have fought side by side before, and WW and Orion have even been on a team together.

Thor only knows Sentry from very brief clashes, and Gladiator doesn't know Sentry at all.

Warlord
team 1

bbrem123
team 1

SamZED
Even pre da12 Sentry is a match for anyone here. Im talking his uber showings ofcourse (overloading absorbing man, owning terrax, supposedly stalemating Galactus etc) but when his powers are down I think Colossus could beat him...

tideoftime
Team 1 definetly has the versatility advantage, big time; Team 2 has overall combat skill advantage, and Diana's weapons can defend against many of the assault abilities of Team 1, as well as be useful in taking down either Sentry or Gladiator.

Generally, I think I'd have to go with Team 1, 6/10, as their versatility is just too big an advantage here (and assuming we are taking Sentry reasonably "seriously", unlike in many other forum posts), but the 4 wins Team 2 gets would be decisive ones, with Diana taking down Sentry (as mentally/spiritually he is the most vulnerable) and then she and CM take down Glads while Orion holds Thor at bay until the three of them can overwhelm Thor (as an example of how one of those wins could play out).

BattleMage
team 1 due to Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Not infighting so much as familiarity. Characters who know each other better can predict what their allies will do and set up stuff without alerting their enemies. They can judge the battle better. WW, CM, and Orion have fought side by side before, and WW and Orion have even been on a team together.

Thor only knows Sentry from very brief clashes, and Gladiator doesn't know Sentry at all. I understand this in a comic book setting but I really don't take this into consideration when making teams vs. teams. I think you put three guys on a team and they will do their best and won't have their egos getting in the way.

Bouboumaster
Team 1 because team 2 doesn't have anything to stop the pure badassery of Gladiator

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 1 because team 2 doesn't have anything to stop the pure badassery of Gladiator

I think Orion would like to have a word with you big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
I think Orion would like to have a word with you big grin He's busy talking to Thor.

DarkOdin
I just tried talking to him but i couldn't understand what he was saying because Mjolnir was stuck down his throat

Fixed

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Fixed Finally, someone changing a quote of mine and me approving.

DarkOdin
Finally, someone changing a quote of mine and me approving. Belated Christmas gift don't get used to it.......................................................... J/K

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Belated Christmas gift don't get used to it.......................................................... J/K Better late than nver.

Sasaraixx
He's busy talking to Thor.

No, that would be Captain Marvel who is more than capable of keeping Thor busy until one of his team mates comes to help.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
No, that would be Captain Marvel who is more than capable of keeping Thor busy until one of his team mates comes to help. If Thor isn't holding back he takes down Marvel pretty quickly.

Q99
I understand this in a comic book setting but I really don't take this into consideration when making teams vs. teams. I think you put three guys on a team and they will do their best and won't have their egos getting in the way.

It's not a matter of egos getting in the way. It's a matter of having better teamwork through experience. Of being able to do moves with precise timing with your ally because you know their timing, of being able to communicate plans with a glance and a nod instead of a word or a sentence.

Two people who've never worked together won't do quite as well as two who have, even if the first two trust each other and avoid getting in each other's way.

That's what teamwork is.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
It's not a matter of egos getting in the way. It's a matter of having better teamwork through experience. Of being able to do moves with precise timing with your ally because you know their timing, of being able to communicate plans with a glance and a nod instead of a word or a sentence.

Two people who've never worked together won't do quite as well as two who have, even if the first two trust each other and avoid getting in each other's way.

That's what teamwork is. I understand this and tbh I don't see it mattering here. Anyone from team 1 can beat up on WW in record time at their best.

Q99
I understand this and tbh I don't see it mattering here.

Teamwork almost always matters, especially when power is close like here.

I disagree smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Teamwork almost always matters, especially when power is close like here.

I disagree smile I think team one is a lot more powerful than team 2. Team 2 needs to rely moreso on teamwork than team 1.

I knew you would.

BattleMage
Team 1 due to Thor, Sentry, Gladiator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.