Firelord vs Wonder woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
they fight in Gotham

tideoftime
If the battle stays in Gotham, then Diana can defeat Firelord, 6/10, as her defenses can resist his attacks, and she is at least physically equal to him in strength/general durability, and has an edge in combat reflexes. Her lasso would be able to contain him/render him unable to fight (though it would take some battle time before she could get him bound); she wins, but with some burns to show for it. However, if Firelord can BFR her into space, he would have the advantage, as while she is demonstrated as being able to withstand short jaunts into space without lifesupport/air, he is on "home turf" there, and would win the majority with relative ease (though him getting/keeping her there is a tougher thing than her getting him lassoed).

galactusischere
Diana. Firelord is the weakest and most pathetic of the heralds

Warlord
Originally posted by galactusischere

even compared to nova, red shift and air walker?

quanchi112
I give this to WW.

AlmightyKfish

Firelord is easily greater than Nova or Gabriel, and probably Terrax.

Eh, I'd give this to Firelord 6/10, but it'd be a damn hard fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Eh, I'd give this to Firelord 6/10, but it'd be a damn hard fight. I agree except I see WW taking this due to her skills and options.

Bouboumaster
Firelord SHOULD win.

But in a comic, the most boring character ever (Wonder Woman) would probably win

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Firelord SHOULD win.

But in a comic, the most boring character ever (Wonder Woman) would probably win I don't think WW is a boring character. I just happen to dislike her simply because she is a woman. Men>women in terms of combat.

guy222
Pyreus Kril

Word to the wise

Kril returns

Wild Shadow
isnt diana durability suppose to make her vulnerable to fire or are we now ignoring her weakness due to modern writers and depiction of ignoring her weakness?

JakeTheBank
Diana wins

kevdude
I agree WW Diane takes the cake, mmmmmmmmm.

Q99
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Firelord SHOULD win.

But in a comic, the most boring character ever (Wonder Woman) would probably win

Ever read the Simone or Rucka runs?

The big problem with WW is she's had a lot of bad writers.

Fire? I don't think so. Was that ever one of her weaknesses?

In recent times she's been shown extra-resistant to it if anything.

Warlord
fire vulnerability or resistance won't be of importance. Firelord projects cosmic fire. Nothing sorta normal fire

JakeTheBank
^ Yeah, WW's biggest problem is that she had a lot of writers do her injustice. Simone's stuff is pretty good though as is Rucka's. And wouldn't her blessing from Hestia give her fire resistance anyway?

In any case, she has bracers and durability to take it.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
isnt diana durability suppose to make her vulnerable to fire or are we now ignoring her weakness due to modern writers and depiction of ignoring her weakness?

Uhhh, not really; Diana has demonstrated as being resistant to fire and many forms of energy attack for at least 10-12+ years now, consistantly. Even during the past 5 years, since Infinite Crisis, Diana has pointedly been shown as resistant to great heat and general fire. Now, Firelord's attacks can certainly harm her, in terms of durability, but she can take several shots, if necessary, and still keep fighting. The point is, most of his attacks will be blocked/deflected by her bracers and/or Aegis effect, with certain attacks not being blocked when she compromises her defenses when making certain strategic attacks, but her durability can hold against a couple shots from Firelord, no problem. Diana hasn't had a "weakness" (that is, low resistance) to fire in about 20-25 years, since the first few years after Crisis; through most of the 90's and all of the past decade, she has shown resistance, so I don't know where you're coming from with that one...

PS: Now, *magical/divine* fire she is less resistant to, as shown over the past 3 years, but even then she makes out pretty well...

BruceSkywalker
Like Kril, but WW ftw

Wild Shadow
i just recall an old issue where she is being trained by one of her amazon sister and was being told she didnt actually possess superhuman durability to match her physical abilities.

she was told her durability only activates while she is using a particular physical power to protect her from it...

that although immune to blunt trauma she was still vulnerable and could feel pain from minor injuries. while diana was holding a bolder her amazon sister demonstrated her point by stabbing her with a spear and cutting her leg...causing her pain.

she later moved on to her friction and heat saying that she is only immune while using her speed and it was safety measure by the gods for her when using said speed. that it again only activates while using said power and she is not truly immune to those effects when her speed is not in use..iirc
angel

guy222
Pyreus

galactusischere

Eh, I'd give this to Firelord 6/10, but it'd be a damn hard fight.

Maybe airwalker and nova but definately not Terrax

Q99
i just recall an old issue where she is being trained by one of her amazon sister and was being told she didnt actually possess superhuman durability to match her physical abilities.

she was told her durability only activates while she is using a particular physical power to protect her from it...

When she was being trained, she might not have had her full abilities, but she definitely does not need to turn on her toughness as an adult.

Note she does have a mystic vulnerability to piercing wounds specifically. Still enough it generally takes enchanted or similar weapons with super strength behind them to do cuts. But that's *just* piercing, not energy, impact, etc., and she's still superhuman against such attacks and heals them fast.

She has been burned but it takes truly impressive heats to do it. Her speed doesn't seem to affect it at all, lifting Asmodel's chariot the size of a city that burned with heavily flame caused some minor burns and she pretty much ignored them, and that was just lifting and hold.

To trick some OMACs she ducked into some molten iron to wait for it to pass. No speed, just molten iron.

Konton

that although immune to blunt trauma she was still vulnerable and could feel pain from minor injuries. while diana was holding a bolder her amazon sister demonstrated her point by stabbing her with a spear and cutting her leg...causing her pain.

she later moved on to her friction and heat saying that she is only immune while using her speed and it was safety measure by the gods for her when using said speed. that it again only activates while using said power and she is not truly immune to those effects when her speed is not in use..iirc
angel

Diana has had so many upgrades since that it doesn't even matter.

She's got multiple blade resistance feats.

In a League of One she withstood the flames of Drakul Karfang and remained unharmed.

She can make it through re-entry unharmed... so friction thing is null.

She's got lots of hell fire resisting stuff.

etc.

Wild Shadow
i was simply asking if we were simply ignoring her actual weaknesses due to new writers not knowing or simply ignoring her abilities.... i know she has had feats that contradict her abilities i simply wanted to know if we too would ignore them in the forum since her modern feats have showed her able to overcome past weaknesses..

i mean so many heroes/villains have had feats that go against their abilities but are more or less ignored b/c their was no official upgrade or point in time when writers said the character was retcon... it we categorize it as PIS

AlmightyKfish
Maybe airwalker and nova but definately not Terrax

I'm a big Terrax fan, but I mean, he easily has the worst record of all heralds, at least in his current form, in major fights.

Firelord has gone toe to toe with Thor twice, and may have done better than Surfer in at least one of those...

Q99
i was simply asking if we were simply ignoring her actual weaknesses due to new writers not knowing or simply ignoring her abilities.... i know she has had feats that contradict her abilities i simply wanted to know if we too would ignore them in the forum since her modern feats have showed her able to overcome past weaknesses..

i mean so many heroes/villains have had feats that go against their abilities but are more or less ignored b/c their was no official upgrade or point in time when writers said the character was retcon...

Well the only time it's *ever* been mentioned as a weakness that I've ever heard of is your mention, and that was when her powers weren't fully developed (and even then it sounded circumstantial). It might've just been a one-off thing never used as a weakness when she was out of training, and if it was a pre-crisis issue she has had an origin and power retcon since then.

Most of the time, it's a strong point.

So it's not that we're 'ignoring' it so much as it seems to either be developed away by age or retconned away ('clay' and 'weak to fire' aren't two things that one puts together after all).

galactusischere
I'm a big Terrax fan, but I mean, he easily has the worst record of all heralds, at least in his current form, in major fights.

Firelord has gone toe to toe with Thor twice, and may have done better than Surfer in at least one of those...

Terrax was giving all the heralds that confronted Morg(minus himself of course) a good fight WITHOUT hes axe. Of course the heralds weren't trying to kill him but still its impressive.

Firelord got beat by Spiderman.

darthgoober
I don't really see WW being able to win if FL uses half his brain and spends most/all the fight ingulfed in a giant fireball like he did against Surfer since she'd be injured just trying to get close enough to go h2h. I mean I know she could cross her bracers to block, but she couldn't really raise much of an offense that way...

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't really see WW being able to win if FL uses half his brain and spends most/all the fight ingulfed in a giant fireball like he did against Surfer since she'd be injured just trying to get close enough to go h2h. I mean I know she could cross her bracers to block, but she couldn't really raise much of an offense that way...

Didnt think about this. Good post darth.

Konton
Originally posted by darthgoober

She'll be ok.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/338/wonderwoman89067tv.th.jpg

Wild Shadow
is the spell of protection hotter then the core of a sun? i highly doubt it... i think FL using the tactic he used on SS and thor would be too much for diana i give it fl ftw

Q99
That's Circe's magic, she's god level.

Also recently Diana tanked a nuke.

But her tiara and lasso could go in fine. So while HtH would be painful, she has option.

Wild Shadow
as impressive as WW tanking a nuke it is no where near a core of a sun and FL's heat is hotter then a sun's core.

Q99
as impressive as WW tanking a nuke it is no where near a core of a sun and FL's heat is hotter then a sun's core.

Not that different- nuke can hit ten million of degrees F, sun's core is 27~million degrees F. They're both nuclear after all.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Firelord's fire won't work, indeed it should, I'm just saying Diana can take some pretty high heats.

kgkg
lol at Firelord being one of the weak heralds laughing out loud

Anyway Firelord ftw.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Konton
She'll be ok.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/338/wonderwoman89067tv.th.jpg Looks like a spell of illusion by the way Diana's talking about her Lasso. Got the other pages handy? Because being burnt to a crisp from all outward appearances doesn't inspire much confidence in her ability to take high heat...Originally posted by Q99
Not that different- nuke can hit ten million of degrees F, sun's core is 27~million degrees F. They're both nuclear after all.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Firelord's fire won't work, indeed it should, I'm just saying Diana can take some pretty high heats. Except the nuke reaches that temperature as a flashpoint and not on any extended capacity like a sun would.

Seems like people been saying that some high heats just isn't good enough as it is that different.

iceman24567
A no Diana beats on him like Herc does

Q99
Anyway, my final thoughts on the fire thing: Firelord's fire can certainly hurt her, but she's not particular vulnerable so it'll probably take quite a bit of it, and her bracers will still work fine.

My money's still on Diana to win the fight.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Looks like a spell of illusion by the way Diana's talking about her Lasso. Got the other pages handy?

She was talking about how unbreakable the lasso is, so I'm guessing that it's physical properties were being discussed, not anything to do with illusions.

OneDumbG0
^ I'm guessing that everything it looked like Circe was doing was to a high extent an illusion. Including burning Wonderwoman's flesh off, which is why Circe seemed so desperate for Wonderwoman to just give up.

JakeTheBank
Any idea what # issue that scan was from?

tideoftime
RE: Firelord using his "flame-body" defense

While that is a good tactic, and will at least initially work, Diana can look for a window of opportunity to use a high speed charge attack, with her bracers crossed for the Aegis effect (as she did vs. Ares massive power attack against her in Gods of Gotham) and assault FL that way; she doesn't have to remain still, or anything like that, to use her bracers broader power, and that would help mitigate FL's fire-defense.

manx422
Firelord lost to spiderman
WW wins

Wild Shadow
i think ppl are selling FL's durability short here.

he is a herald who travels in space for unknown period of time... he can easily survive inside a sun the pressure and explosions inside the sun are incredible.. he should be able to take WW punches..

he took a beating from the destroyer on the moon of titan without defending himself and he was fine.

Q99
i think ppl are selling FL's durability short here.

he is a herald who travels in space for unknown period of time... he can easily survive inside a sun the pressure and explosions inside the sun are incredible.. he should be able to take WW punches..

He should be able to take *some* WW punches, but she's better than him in melee and her strength level is normally plenty to hurt him.

Also, she has the tiara, lasso... there are options. The tiara should cut him just fine.

Naija boy
Firelord ftw. Some of his more powerful blasts have been shown to even break surfers board. If he fights smartly he definitely should win this.

h1a8
Diana easily wins this. She can block, evade, or counter all his attacks (even send them back to him) and ko him with her skills.

The lasso and aegis shields are options as well as the tiara as a hand weapon.

Warlord
firelord has the tools to win.
will he do it? depends on how he fights

Q99
Originally posted by Naija boy
Firelord ftw. Some of his more powerful blasts have been shown to even break surfers board. If he fights smartly he definitely should win this.

Her bracers can block even stronger when crossed, like the Omega Effect.

She has the tools to handle his powers too.

Blanket
Originally posted by manx422
Firelord lost to spiderman
WW wins Diana lost to Slade...

Batman-Prime
^Even Kyle lost to Slade stick out tongue

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1156/identitycrisis3pg092gg5eb.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/2377/identitycrisis3pg102lj1pe.jpg

Warlord
^ Flash too

Blanket
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I don't see anything wrong with that picture.

Battlehammer

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1156/identitycrisis3pg092gg5eb.jpg
http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/2377/identitycrisis3pg102lj1pe.jpg
is that why slade currently wears the eye patch? or did?

Naija boy
Originally posted by Q99
Her bracers can block even stronger when crossed, like the Omega Effect.

She has the tools to handle his powers too.

Oh i dont doubt that the bracers can block Firelords attacks. However if she chooses to engage firelord especially if he uses the same sort of defense he did against surfer, She will leave herself open to such attacks.

Sasaraixx
Diana

iceman24567
Originally posted by Battlehammer
is that why slade currently wears the eye patch? or did? Nope he lost it when his wife cut it out because of what he did to Jerico he was unable to regrow it.

Lord Feron
FL FTW

K Von Doom
Firelord but it may not be easy

Batman-Prime
Diana wins, though it won't be a Stomp nor will it be easy. FL had some impressive showings (as well as horrible low showings), he just lacks the respect.

Warlord
FL

Blanket
Diana wins, though it won't be a Stomp nor will it be easy. FL had some impressive showings (as well as horrible low showings), he just lacks the respect. Firelord only really has one low showing in all honesty.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nope he lost it when his wife cut it out because of what he did to Jerico he was unable to regrow it.
oh ok thanks man.

quanchi112
Diana wins, though it won't be a Stomp nor will it be easy. FL had some impressive showings (as well as horrible low showings), he just lacks the respect. Can you name the horrible showings he has?

h1a8
Marvel fans say FL
D.C. fans say WW

Unbasied fans say WW

So WW wins.

Warlord
who are the unbiassed ones?

h1a8
Originally posted by Warlord
who are the unbiassed ones?

Believe it or not Quanchi is unbiased at times (rarely though), Galan007, Iceman, Pr, Snoop, Juntai, MetalManx, etc.

Im bias towards speed and fighting ability (as Im a martial arts freak).
Thus I'm bias towards Spider-man, Superman, Flash, DD, Gladiator, WW etc.

Naija, Rageof Oly, Mindset, Blanket are very knowledgable of Marvel but extremely bias. Extremely! They very much try to disguise their extreme bias through their vast knowledge (or collection) of marvel comics.

I'm very reasonable except when it comes to

COMBO TO KO! evil face

Thor beats Hulk, SS beats Superman, SS beats Thor, etc.

Warlord
so you think FL has no way of winning this fight if he uses his powers in a proper way?

h1a8
^Nope.
Diana has FTL reflexes and braces that can block any attack made by FL.

She has superior skill and can counter attack effectively. The lasso is an option too.

give FL her fighting skills and the tables turn.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Believe it or not Quanchi is unbiased at times (rarely though), Galan007, Iceman, Pr, Snoop, Juntai, MetalManx, etc.

Naija, Rageof Oly, Mindset, Blanket are very knowledgable of Marvel but extremely bias. Extremely! They very much try to disguise their extreme bias through their vast knowledge (or collection) of marvel comics.

COMBO TO KO! evil face

Thor beats Hulk, SS beats Superman, SS beats Thor, etc. When I am biased?

JakeTheBank

COMBO TO KO! evil face

Way to call out other posters, dude thumb up

Lord Feron
Marvel fans say FL
D.C. fans say WW

Unbasied fans say WW

So WW wins.

laughing out loud at you saying this

K Von Doom
Unbasied fans say WW

What's unbasied mean?

Warlord
Originally posted by K Von Doom
What's unbasied mean?

means not marvel or DC fanboys

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
When I am biased?

On many Thanos threads you are.
You even admitted to being bias against WW mainly because she is a woman.

h1a8
Originally posted by K Von Doom
What's unbasied mean?

Members that are known to go both ways. Sometimes they favor Marvel and sometimes they favor D.C. Members who almost always favor Marvel or D.C. are bias. I'm trying not to be bias myself, I'm just stuck on speed and martial arts.

quanchi112
On many Thanos threads you are.
You even admitted to being bias against WW mainly because she is a woman. No, I am not. I go by what the comics give me.

That was a joke. LOL.

Original Smurph
If Firelord just flies and blasts defenselessly, Diana wins.

If he fights smart, he wins.

Simple as.

Naija boy

COMBO TO KO! evil face

LMAO....Im pretty sure that i have more D.C comics than the amount of comics u have ever read. An accusation of bias from you really carries no weight at all.......anyhow its best i go back to ignoring u and ur foolishness.

kgkg
Originally posted by Original Smurph
If Firelord just flies and blasts defenselessly, Diana wins.

If he fights smart, he wins.

Simple as. You must be a bias one.

Wei Phoenix

COMBO TO KO! evil face

Mindset is jokingly biased, if anything you could call him the Marvel's answer to Shokosugi just cooler so is Blanket. I don't see Naija as biased either. Thor does beat Hulk, SS can beat Superman as well.

Members that are known to go both ways. Sometimes they favor Marvel and sometimes they favor D.C. Members who almost always favor Marvel or D.C. are bias. I'm trying not to be bias myself, I'm just stuck on speed and martial arts.

Then you are biased.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
LMAO....Im pretty sure that i have more D.C comics than the amount of comics u have ever read. An accusation of bias from you really carries no weight at all.......anyhow its best i go back to ignoring u and ur foolishness.
People know bias when they see it. It can be easily smelled. If you are not bias then why in the hell do you always side with Marvel in every thread you post in? I don't even see the slightest hint of balance or objectivity in you. Hell, I might be bias but certainly I'm reasonable enough to sometimes go the Marvel way. You may be the single most bias poster here. Even carver and quan has been reasonable at times.

Mindset
Hell, I might be bias el oh el

JakeTheBank
Wow.

carver9
Wonder Woman wins this and H1a8, I dont appreciate you calling me bias.

Firelord has the power to drop her but I give the small edge to Wonder woman.

I know one thing though, Fire lord is underrated.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by kgkg
You must be a bias one. You've seen through my women-hating, DC-despising ways.

Naija boy
People know bias when they see it. It can be easily smelled. If you are not bias then why in the hell do you always side with Marvel in every thread you post in? I don't even see the slightest hint of balance or objectivity in you. Hell, I might be bias but certainly I'm reasonable enough to sometimes go the Marvel way. You may be the single most bias poster here. Even carver and quan has been reasonable at times.

Hoohaha. this is hilarious. I give up.....u have exposed my D.C hating ways. Once again h1 uve displayed ur brilliance......I wonder what this forum would do if we didnt have such an intelligent scientific mind such as yours..Bah! i dont even want to think about such a horror.

But on a serious note, Since calling u out on ur repeated foolishness, idiocy and ignorance regarding anything even remotely comic related is biased then ill gladly accept that label.

tideoftime
Originally posted by carver9

I agree. Firelord is underrated; he's not Silver Surfer, but he definitely gets "down-graded" in some peoples' minds...

K Von Doom
Unbasied

This word is not in the dictionary

Magneto1982
Wonder Woman. Firelord's poor showing against Spider-Man (who's not as strong Wonder Woman) justifies my claim.

Mindset
Originally posted by Magneto1982
Wonder Woman. Firelord's poor showing against Spider-Man (who's not as strong Wonder Woman) justifies my claim. Shut up.

JakeTheBank
Geez, I think Diana could beat Firelord, but not once do I use that Spider-PIS as a reason why.

Q99
My explanation:
Firelord was there to get a pizza; he was obviously near-starvation starving before the fight even started!

Spidey just did the equivalent of pushing him over when he was about to collapse on his own ^^

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9

I didn't call you bias.

manx422
Wonder woman

Blanket
Originally posted by Q99
My explanation:
Firelord was there to get a pizza; he was obviously near-starvation starving before the fight even started!

Spidey just did the equivalent of pushing him over when he was about to collapse on his own ^^ Or that it's the definition of PIS on this forum.

Magneto1982
Originally posted by Q99
My explanation:

Spidey just did the equivalent of pushing him over when he was about to collapse on his own ^^

Good point, nevertheless a good fight between Spider-Man and a herald of Galactus who enjoys New York City pizza! big grin

Mshinu
I`d give a slight majority to WW here.

Warlord
^ don't...stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.