Idea for New Prime Time television show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
I have an idea for a new, successful television show that perfectly captures the mood of the country in a way that its predecessor did when it became the defining show of the 1990's. There's a movie, a third X-Files sequel slated to come out in 2012 and definitively ends the series, but Fox wants some kind of reboot or something they can put on television to replace one of their lower rated hour long shows or to fill up some non-cartoon prime time on sundays. Here's how they can do that.

The show could have any number of titles but the simplest would be The Syndicate. It jumps between time periods spanning from the early 40's and the late 70's between seasons, episodes, or within the same episodes. It could be slightly Sopranos style and describes the relationship and family lives of three or four characters as the come to form a secret group who's purpose is to secretly control elements of the United States and to help facilitate the annihilation of the human race and the personal costs that entails. The genre will be scifi/horror.

Cast-
Dean Aylesworth-Bill Mulder
Chris Owens/William B. Davis-Smoking Man
Shelley Adam-Teena Mulder
Tanya Roberts-Cassandra Spender
Carey Elwes-Well-Manicured Man
Fredric Lane-Arthur Dales
James Gandolfini-First Elder
Brian Thompson-Bounty Hunter/Alien Colonist
Ian Hart-Ronald/Deep Throat
Terry O'Quinn-Conrad Strughold
Rob Lowe-Alvin Kurtzweil

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/x-files/images/f/f6/Syndicate_photograph.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/x-files/images/thumb/4/40/Cigarette_Smoking_Man_and_William_Mulder.jpg/120px-Cigarette_Smoking_Man_and_William_Mulder.jpg

Darth Vicious
If it has to do with the X-files, im up for it. They could have the main characters be Bill Mulder and Cancer man.

Darth Jello
I'm thinking it would revolve around Bill and CSM, their home lives and work with other main characters other than their families being Well-manicured Man, Deep Throat, Kurtzweil, First Elder, maybe even Victor Klemper. I'm sure there are ways to work in Arthur Dales as well since he was Mulder before there was a Mulder.

Shey Tapani
I would love to see a show about Tour Guides.

Darth Jello
I just find myself turning on Bones or Fringe or Lie To Me or whatever and thinking, "God damn do I miss Chris Carter".
I really don't think it's a 90's thing either. I genuinely think that Dick Wolf and Chris Carter are the best things to ever happen to action/scifi/dramatic television. Now that a third X-Files movie is more or less guaranteed in 2012, shortly followed by a possible Millennium movie, Fox (as stated above) is realizing that they never had it as good as when the X-Files and Millennium was on. We'll find out how the story ends and how the aliens are prevented from or hell, maybe even succeed colonizing Earth but a prequel television show with a different tone and offering commentary on our past and present would be awesome especially if it had a slightly more Sopranos kind of feel to it. I'm sure Carter could succeed where George Lucas and Star Trek Enterprise failed. But like, you know, the less said about Harsh Realm the better...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.