Wonder Woman vs Mephisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Mary Jane wants to get back at Mephisto for his slimy deal. She calls Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman agrees to avenge her fate.

Wonder Woman gets to fully gear up with anything she has access to and gets her sapphire lantern ring. She ventures to Mephisto's realm...will she prevail in defeating Mephisto?

JakeTheBank
Defeating him? Doubtful in his own realm though I wouldn't completely put it past her to scrape a win together.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Defeating him? Doubtful in his own realm though I wouldn't completely put it past her to scrape a win together. I was thinking she may have some powerful gear though

jalek moye
If he seriously wants to win in his realm she isn't going to beat him. If he's his normal i just want to mess with you and don't care if I lose then i can see her winning.

Sasaraixx
Does she have the Godwave too? (She's gonna need it!)

tideoftime
If the "win" is to save someone/the world/what-have-you, WW fully armed with her full array of mystic paraphenalia (sorry, I am *not* giving her the ring, as that is a very temporary plot point in a story, and not remotely appropriate in this context) could make a win, though it might cost her her life. In general, though, I'd see her best standing as simply surviving a challenge like this (and the Godwave is overkill, for a "petty" example like this one; if it did come into play, she "wins", but Mephisto will reform or whatnot later and seek revenge, and she *won't* have any PIS to save her).

If for the "heroic" win, then Wonder Woman.

If in general, I'd say Mephisto (his realm advantage gives him the edge).

guy222
Demon

Omega Vision
With a plot device of some sort Wonder Woman could take it to Mephy's realm and win. But that's it, without some super strong plot device she fares no better than she did against Neron.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Starscream M
She ventures to Mephisto's realm...will she prevail in defeating Mephisto? u kiddin?

W/O PIS Mephisto turn all her magic gear into jello if he want to laughing out loud

/thread

tideoftime
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
u kiddin?

W/O PIS Mephisto turn all her magic gear into jello if he want to laughing out loud

/thread

Now, *that* is an exaggeration; Mephisto won't be able to harm or affect her bracers or lasso -- an entire pantheon of gods couldn't do that, as has been demonstrated on several occasions. But I do agree (as I posted) that unless she is going all-out and has PIS on her side in some form due to needing to save an innocent/the world, she isn't going to make this happen...

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by tideoftime
Now, *that* is an exaggeration; Mephisto won't be able to harm or affect her bracers or lasso -- an entire pantheon of gods couldn't do that, as has been demonstrated on several occasions. But I do agree (as I posted) that unless she is going all-out and has PIS on her side in some form due to needing to save an innocent/the world, she isn't going to make this happen... DC "gods" sux0r ^^

in his dimension Mephisto has warp magic objects before (even godly ones), ima say he can do it again

Q99
Yea, Mephisto's kinda strong, winning a fight in his realm isn't happening. Her best chance is something involving her truth powers and smooth talking, probably.

galactusischere
Meph.

Wild Shadow
if she is too pure she wins when mephisto tries to touch her in an inappropriate way... he will become intoxicated, weaken hurt and exploitable for a ko stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
DC "gods" sux0r ^^

in his dimension Mephisto has warp magic objects before (even godly ones), ima say he can do it again

Which objects has he effected?

Colossus-Big C
u kiddin?

/thread
Indeed

Wild Shadow
i dont know if he could... maybe a sword with some minor enchantments to cut things but not sure if he could do it to specific items enchanted by gods or an aspect of a gods power

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i dont know if he could... maybe a sword with some minor enchantments to cut things but not sure if he could do it to specific items enchanted by gods or an aspect of a gods power if he cant he could simply create an illuision of him doing it smokin'

Wild Shadow
cant wonder womans eyes see through illusions?

JakeTheBank
The lasso can allow her to dispel illusions

Omega Vision
If the bracelets can deflect the OE then they would at least offer some protection from Mephisto.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Which objects has he effected? iirc he catch Thors hammer & turn it into mush or somethin...without breakin a sweat lol

OneDumbG0
^ Word. Don't mess with Mephisto in his own realm:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsMephisto09.jpg

Allankles
I don't think he'd warp Wonder Womans gear, but he'd beat her. I think you have to be at least Spectre level to mess up Wonder Woman's defensive armaments. Most of her stuff seems to be anti-evil, Thor's hammer doesn't repel evil.

But Meph should take this, different weight class.

Wild Shadow
thor's hammer does repel evil it is a holy relic that was powered by the old beliefs of man and enchanted by god's/trolls........

thor used it to repel and kill dracula

if mephisto did that to mjolnir i can actually see mephisto having just an easy time with WW stuff...

Allankles
thor's hammer does repel evil it is a holy relic that was powered by the old beliefs of man and enchanted by god's/trolls........

if mephisto did that to mjolnir i can actually see mephisto having just an easy time with WW stuff...

Dracula is a few rungs below a lord of evil like Mephisto.

In DC Wonder Woman's armaments repel all evil, from lowly demonic menions to thier demonic lords. to the god of evil himself. I don't think Mjlonir compares in that respect.

SoulDevourer
can evil caracters lift & use wondys gear?

Omega Vision
can evil caracters lift & use wondys gear?
Yes but they can't lift her chest piece. The comics code authority won't let them. stick out tongue

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yes but they can't lift her chest piece. The comics code authority won't let them. stick out tongue meh thats cos their either to shy or too gay

send her to Marvel u betcha theres several bad guys who gonna take care of her chest...piece...big grin

Omega Vision
meh thats cos their either to shy or too gay

send her to Marvel u betcha theres several bad guys who gonna take care of her chest...piece...big grin
I wish I could find the comic were a villain sets her chest piece on fire so she rips it off and beats him with it.

OneDumbG0
^ Perv. Originally posted by Allankles
I don't think he'd warp Wonder Womans gear, but he'd beat her. I think you have to be at least Spectre level to mess up Wonder Woman's defensive armaments. Most of her stuff seems to be anti-evil, Thor's hammer doesn't repel evil.

But Meph should take this, different weight class. Mephisto's been caused pain by apperceiving a completely noble soul, but not by way of objects only by actually apperceiving them. Also, you don't necessarily need to be Spectre-level to mess with Wondy's gear. Gods have messed with her gear and Paul Bunyan snapped her Lasso.

quanchi112
WW loses.

tideoftime

The thing to understand is that, while Mjolner is a truly impressive godly artifact, with more versatility than WW's bracers or lasso, Diana's equipment (bracers and lasso) has a degree of resilience/indestructability that is above even Mjolner, on many levels; that is one of their defining characteristics when compared to virtually all other godly weapons. Instances of Diana's lasso being broken (which are very rare) were more symbolic of a violation of truth in Diana, herself, than an actual physical occurance, as such (as with The Golden Perfect storyline in Justice League) and more a matter of metaphysical perception than anything else; once Diana realizes the truth of a situation, for example, then the lasso is whole once again, or if "broken" is whole again a panel or two later, such as instances where she has tried to contain a "force" which "should not be contained", as she did with Bizarro in a (granted, non-canon) Trinity storyline years ago. The earlier post concerning needing someone Spectre-level to damage/harm Diana's primary gear is not that far off: the lasso can only be truly "harmed"- that is, altered, as the lasso is as indestructable as truth itself - by a being with truly universal-spanning power to alter the *fundamental* aspects of truth in the universe (something even most gods are not capable of doing, even as a group) and her bracers (The Aegis) have only twice , in canon (off panel) ever been violated/damaged by cosmic powers (WW#21, vol.2, with no post-occurance/contradicting reference). And as far as illusions, Diana's ability to see through illusions is godlike -- she can penetrate even the illusions/glamours of gods since her upgrade from Athena a number of years ago.

I post this just to set the record straight; I still fully agree that Diana is screwed 20 ways to Sunday in this scenario, and only wins if the fate of the world is at stake (I.E. PIS is on her side).

Kasper Gutman
When WW finishes with Mephisto she can deal with Agamotto, Oshtur or maybe Zom. Thank goodness WW came to Marvel, we can finally clean up these freeloading cosmic types.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by tideoftime
The thing to understand is that, while Mjolner is a truly impressive godly artifact, with more versatility than WW's bracers or lasso, Diana's equipment (bracers and lasso) has a degree of resilience/indestructability that is above even Mjolner, on many levels;how dyou figure? confused especialy about the bracers

and if your going by feats then wasnt it state on panel that (MU) Hercs mace is = Mjolnir...and his mace has NEVER been broken (unlike Dianas gear)

wtf, MU got sevral magic artifacts thats never been broken, wut about Ghost Riders chain (NEVER been broken)...and guess who made Ghost Rider & his chain??? evil face

Mjolnir > durable then Dianas gear (cept maybe lasso cos it looks like abstract thing...but then lasso was create by a skyfather lvl, not some cosmic abstract)

in his dimension Mephisto makes the rules anyway, so even truth aint gonna be a prob. he can turn the lasso into noodles if he want to lol

shokosugi
if Thor can defeat Mephisto, WW certainly can.

WW > Thor

SoulDevourer
rofl

Mindset
Originally posted by shokosugi

WW > Thor WW > Thor > Superman

SoulDevourer
yeah Wondys hotter then both o them

manx422
Originally posted by Mindset
WW > Thor > Superman
hell no
superman > WW > thor

Mindset
Nope.

WW > Thor > Superman >>>>>>>>>> Orion

Q99
Originally posted by shokosugi

Hasn't Thor only beaten him out of his dimension?

manx422
hell no
Orion > superman > WW > thor

Mindset
Any other comic character > Orion

manx422
Any other comic character > doom,kyle,BA

Mindset
They may be, but they are still > Orion.

Q99
Recursive Loop > Recursive Loop > Recursive Loop

Mindset
Recursive Loop > Recursive Loop > Recursive Loop > Orion

manx422
Recursive Loop > Recursive Loop > Recursive Loop > doom,kyle,BA

Kris Blaze
What does this hypocritical **** know about love?

Warlord
WW speedblitzes him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.