iron fist vs venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
battle takes place in an empty warehouse. ko, kill CIS on.

this is brock venom.

Blanket
It doesn't matter what Venom it is, as long as this is thee Daniel Rand.

Battlehammer
Venom

Warlord
IF

BruceSkywalker
If one shots Venom.. I don't think there isn't much Venom can do to one of the best Martial Arts in comicdom

Juk3n
Brock venom Koed by blunt force trauma? Unlikely, Rand incapacitated by a wide web stream, more likely.

Brock wins.

galactusischere
Brock stomps this.

Mindset
Originally posted by Juk3n
Brock venom Koed by blunt force trauma? Unlikely, Rand incapacitated by a wide web stream, more likely.

Brock wins. No it's not.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Mindset
No it's not.

OK, you've convinced me.

Mindset
Well I am on a middle school debating team.

Wild Shadow
you must be the team leader since you were held back some grades and probably amassed more knowledge from the repetitive teaching on the same material

Mindset
No, you're wrong.

Your rebuttal?

namorsubby
venom........any venom.

Q99
Only Iron Fist shots will work, to state the obvious. Gargan'll lose. Eddie has a pretty good chance.

Mindset
Originally posted by namorsubby
venom........any venom. laughing out loud

Good one.

KingD19
IF does the, I hit a train carrying enough explosives to destroy multiple universes, and it blew up, punch.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by KingD19
IF does the, I hit a train carrying enough explosives to destroy multiple universes, and it blew up, punch.
that some how does not scream utter pis to you?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Battlehammer
that some how does not scream utter pis to you?

Depending on what explanation you accept it can actually make sense. But really stopping the train isn't all that hard for someone with his powers, the explosion if it was absorbed after he attuned his chi to match the energy types it doesn't really have much bearing on most fights he's in.

Parmaniac
Venom ftw, unless it's this version of Eddie Brock...:
http://cache.io9.com/assets/resources/2008/02/venom.jpg

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye
Depending on what explanation you accept it can actually make sense. But really stopping the train isn't all that hard for someone with his powers, the explosion if it was absorbed after he attuned his chi to match the energy types it doesn't really have much bearing on most fights he's in.
He was able to absorb enough to withstand 40,000 plus times the nuke which took out a city.......come on now? anyway you look at it, it pis.

But since it IF it some how is allowed dispite the fatc that means he increased his power thousands fold which is absurd.

Q99
Note he destroyed the train, but I don't think the bombs properly detonated. Still a high-end feat but he didn't tank a nuke.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
Note he destroyed the train, but I don't think the bombs properly detonated. Still a high-end feat but he didn't tank a nuke.
They would have detonated on impact......so now IF can all of a sudden tank an explosion that is 40,000 plus time stronger then a bomb that took out an entire city?

people gave wolverine shit for taking a nuke, but this is fine writing..........double standard much on the boards.

Q99
Nukes don't detonate on impact. At least not the nuclear portion- the explosions must be precisely timed or it doesn't cause a reaction.

So Danny at most tanked the trigger explosion, and it's easily believable for someone who briefly turned their body to iron-toughness to survive that.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
Nukes don't detonate on impact. At least not the nuclear portion- the explosions must be precisely timed or it doesn't cause a reaction.

So Danny at most tanked the trigger explosion, and it's easily believable for someone who briefly turned their body to iron-toughness to survive that.
interesting I never new all that.

how strong would the trigger explosion be?

Wild Shadow
really? you didnt know? if you watch or read up on the 1st atom bomb test on youtube and stuff it tells you exactly how a nuclear chain reaction is activated. but yeah some ppl think a trigger mechanism is the actual explosion of nuclear device in certain comics when it is not or at least would not be in real life

basically all they do is surround the nuclear core and surround it with explosives i cant tell you the precise amount but lets say a stick of TNT... all in key areas the timer activates and ignites all of them at the same exact time the shock wave is bounced back against each other and produce a wall of force in a circular shape the presses on the core from all angles and creates heat and nuclear fusion bouncing and merging the atoms together until it can no longer bounce or go anywhere and all that energy explodes outward........

and now you know and knowing is half the battle.........

Q99
interesting I never new all that.

how strong would the trigger explosion be?

Hm, I'm not exactly sure, and it'd depend on the bomb's setup. Probably not massively so in any case- it's sole purpose is to detonate inward at the same time to initiate the reaction. Precision is more important for the task than raw power.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, I'm not exactly sure, and it'd depend on the bomb's setup. Probably not massively so in any case- it's sole purpose is to detonate inward at the same time to initiate the reaction. Precision is more important for the task than raw power.
oh then thats fine, but tanking bomb 40,000 the power of one that took out a city is absurd.

jalek moye
oh then thats fine, but tanking bomb 40,000 the power of one that took out a city is absurd.

Well when we see the explosion it wasn't big enough to destroy Kun'lun so i think they are right about it not detonting properly when he hit it.

Blanket
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Venom ftw, unless it's this version of Eddie Brock...:
http://cache.io9.com/assets/resources/2008/02/venom.jpg Eric Foreman?

Blanket
oh then thats fine, but tanking bomb 40,000 the power of one that took out a city is absurd. You're right, it is absurb, but they don't call him 'The Fist' for no reason.

He puts his mind to it, and shit is getting fisted.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Blanket
You're right, it is absurb, but they don't call him 'The Fist' for no reason.

He puts his mind to it, and shit is getting fisted.
laughing

SamZED
Brock Venom stomps. Gargan Venom gets owned...

dmills
The Fist takes it.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by dmills
The Fist takes it.

Up the ass.

redhotrash
Remember the scene where Swordsman has his sword through Venom's chest then powers up and wrecks him? Replace him with Iron Fist, and there you go.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Brock Venom stomps. Gargan Venom gets owned...

Stomps? I disagree. Did you see what Danny did to Helicarrier?

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Stomps? I disagree. Did you see what Danny did to Helicarrier? Ive seen what he did to the train, although that was very impressive im still going to side with Brock Venom on this one.

Wild Shadow
as em i. i can see venom suffocating him or killing him with his sym from within his body once he gets close and wraps himself on him...

StiltmanFTW
Ive seen what he did to the train, although that was very impressive im still going to side with Brock Venom on this one.

I don't have a problem with you going with Venom, but saying that he stomps is a little too much IMO. Venom CAN be put down with blunt force. And current Danny has even more to offer, for example he could cut him in half...

The Nuul
Venom almost stomps.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Nuul
Venom almost stomps.

Oh Nuul... laughing out loud

The Nuul
Oh Null... laughing out loud

Oi, get my name right!

StiltmanFTW
Sorry stick out tongue

The Nuul
Sorry stick out tongue
eek!

Mindset
IF fists.

SamZED
I don't have a problem with you going with Venom, but saying that he stomps is a little too much IMO. Venom CAN be put down with blunt force. And current Danny has even more to offer, for example he could cut him in half... oh ok i see. I thought you meant if wins. Blunt force alone (if were talking venom at his best) wont cut it. Would take some sonic attack. As for cutting im not sure tbh getting stabbed never bothered him before, dunno about getting cut in half though. Logically it shouldnt stop the symbiote. Also venom is a lot faster than he looks. He is at least as fast a7 if.

Mindset
But IF is a MA, and we know what that means.

SamZED
Originally posted by Mindset
But IF is a MA, and we know what that means. that he is >>>> spider-man?stick out tongue

jalek moye
hmmm i wonder if he is capable of doing somthing useful to the symbiote with his chi.

SamZED
venom's been hit with class 100 punches, shot, blown up, burnt, electrocuted and stabbed before without getting hurt. He has class 25+ strength, speed and reflexes that allow him to catch multiple bullets at the same time, ability to see in every direction at the same time, razor sharp tendrils that move faster than bullets, crazy healing factor, camofluge and telepathy... Just saying.

Wild Shadow
hmm.. why is he 25 + strength? last i checked it was spidey strength in combination to eddie's physical strength that made him stronger then parker?

10 ton plus 1 or 2 ton strength = 12 tons angel

SamZED
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
hmm.. why is he 25 + strength? last i checked it was spidey strength in combination to eddie's physical strength that made him stronger then parker?

10 ton plus 1 or 2 ton strength = 12 tons angel well thats what his marvel bio says.. But you know marvel bios.. Besides he had 2 strength upgrades. Imo saying he's class 25 = modesty...

Wild Shadow
well thats what his marvel bio says.. But you know marvel bios.. Besides he had 2 strength upgrades. Imo saying he's class 25 = modesty...

when did he get upgrades? only time i remember getting boosted was with his jugg fight and the cancer virus left him soon after putting him back to his normal levels.

SamZED
when did he get upgrades? only time i remember getting boosted was with his jugg fight and the cancer virus left him soon after putting him back to his normal levels. in the juggernaut fight he wasnt really upgraded, just went insane.. Well.. MORE insane (few extra voices and hallucinations) im talking about him absorbing the carnage symbiote and later his own clone. After that spider-man commented that he seems to be as strong as the thing.

Wild Shadow
spidey has also stated that murlon punch harder then anyone he has ever bn punch... circumstantial evidence at best,, erm

absorbing his clones maybe... i guess... roll eyes (sarcastic)

i personally wouldnt buy it but whatever...

Trackz
ironfist should be able to take this, he's been beastly, check out the respect thread, he's insane.

Wild Shadow
so is thunderbird(neal) Sunfitre....Gambit.... ect ect.. but it wont stop them from dying if someone gets a lucky stab, bullet or neck break on their powerful energy manipulating @$$,,,

dmills
Bringing down a helicarrier with a single karate chop is pretty damned impressive.

darthgoober

10 ton plus 1 or 2 ton strength = 12 tons angel
It's not an added increase, the Symbiot increases Brock's natural strength geometrically. That's why Brock always worked out so intencely even after he became Venom. I can't remember what thread it was in, but there was a scan posted fairly recently that featured Brock talking about it while he was working out. You might ask carver where it was at if you're interested, I seem to remember him complimenting Brock's military press in the scan.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by darthgoober
It's not an added increase, the Symbiot increases Brock's natural strength geometrically. That's why Brock always worked out so intencely even after he became Venom. I can't remember what thread it was in, but there was a scan posted fairly recently that featured Brock talking about it while he was working out. You might ask carver where it was at if you're interested, I seem to remember him complimenting Brock's military press in the scan.

yes, i am aware of the sym doubling the host strength... thats why at most brock would be a 2 tonner and thats at peak lvl strength which the sym would double to 4 tons either way the strongest eddie could be with the sym is 14 tons... wink

darthgoober
yes, i am aware of the sym doubling the host strength... thats why at most brock would be a 2 tonner and thats at peak lvl strength which the sym would double to 4 tons either way the strongest eddie could be with the sym is 14 tons... wink
What are you basing it just doubling his host's strength on? I've always been under the impression that it gives Brock the same proportionate increase to his strength that Spidey has rather than adding Spidey's strength to his own. The scan I'm talking about certainly seemed to imply more than a doubling of his natural strength(Brock's no genius so I'm pretty sure he would have used the word "double" rather than "geometric" if that's all it was)...

the ninjak
Rand will just see a blur of black come at him.... he will to punch it but Brock would just envelope him in symbiote junk and eat his head!

SamZED
spidey has also stated that murlon punch harder then anyone he has ever bn punch... circumstantial evidence at best,, erm

absorbing his clones maybe... i guess... roll eyes (sarcastic)

i personally wouldnt buy it but whatever... Spider-man said that because Morlun's punches were draining his life force.

There's really no reason to doubt it because after Venom absorbed the clone he grew size of a small building and said that he had become "more.. so much more", besides even Spider-man at his best can lift more than 15 tons and Venom was always A LOT stronger than him even before the upgrades. He used to physically overpower characters with class 35-50 strength.

King Castle
Spider-man said that because Morlun's punches were draining his life force.

There's really no reason to doubt it because after Venom absorbed the clone he grew size of a small building and said that he had become "more.. so much more", besides even Spider-man at his best can lift more than 15 tons and Venom was always A LOT stronger than him even before the upgrades. He used to physically overpower characters with class 35-50 strength. are you talking about the symbiote planet storyline?

i dont believe venom maintained any of the upgrade anymore than carnage did soon after the story ended confused

leonidas
i'd say venom, but danny could take a couple. surprised these 2 haven't tangled in a book at some point.

SamZED
Originally posted by King Castle
are you talking about the symbiote planet storyline?

i dont believe venom maintained any of the upgrade anymore than carnage did soon after the story ended confused No, I was talking about him absorbing his clone. The one that fought Wolverine?

Omega Vision
split

King Castle
No, I was talking about him absorbing his clone. The one that fought Wolverine? scan, pls. my memory is very faulty and i dont believe i have that story

SamZED
scan, pls. my memory is very faulty and i dont believe i have that story Im gonna need time. Havent read the book in a very long time. Will try to find it.

For now, short version. Someone created a Venom symbiote. It fought Logan and bonded to him for awhile. Then it bonded to some chick, Brock beat her and absorbed the clone vastly increasing his mass. He then could grow so big his head was size of Spider-man. That is how Gargan could grow so big in Dark Reign. And that's why Spider-man commented on Venom being in Thing's league, which could be an exaggeration. Still, he's stronger than before.

jinzin
Im gonna need time. Havent read the book in a very long time. Will try to find it.

For now, short version. Someone created a Venom symbiote. It fought Logan and bonded to him for awhile. Then it bonded to some chick, Brock beat her and absorbed the clone vastly increasing his mass. He then could grow so big his head was size of Spider-man. That is how Gargan could grow so big in Dark Reign. And that's why Spider-man commented on Venom being in Thing's league, which could be an exaggeration. Still, he's stronger than before.

I think as much was stated about the Venom symbiote a number of times after the Venom ongoing ended.

And I remember people making fun of my assertions that Venom was in a new strength class telling me I was pulling things out of my ass.. Couple years later Venom's hitting the ground so hard he's causing the earth to quake and trolly cars to go airborn...

SamZED
Originally posted by jinzin
I think as much was stated about the Venom symbiote a number of times after the Venom ongoing ended.

And I remember people making fun of my assertions that Venom was in a new strength class telling me I was pulling things out of my ass.. Couple years later Venom's hitting the ground so hard he's causing the earth to quake and trolly cars to go airborn... Some people still think he can only lift 11 tons because of the bios. laughing out loud

SamZED
scan, pls. my memory is very faulty and i dont believe i have that story Got it:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3789/venomv1182004sammpuardc.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.