Doesn't anybody feel horrible for Snape?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mayraxoxo
I mean, he loved Lily but she was oblivious to that. Then she went and got married to that damned James Potter. He was miserable then and he lived a miserable life. I feel as if he should have at least dated Lily or moved on and reproduced. But no, he got killed by Voldy.

On another note: I HATE James Potter. Ever since I read OoTP and DH, I started to hate him for being such an ******* to Snape. He didn't deserve the humiliation.

lordmegatron1
I quite agree with you. Snape had no right to die. After all he went through, working with Dumbledore and poof. Dead.

The Butcher
I did not really feel anything for him when he died.

lordmegatron1
Bastard. mad

thecallofktulu
He's not totally a bad guy. He did dirty things to Harry just because James did them to him.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by thecallofktulu
He's not totally a bad guy. He did dirty things to Harry just because James did them to him.

Am I the only one who thinks that statement could have been worded better?

SamZED
I feel sorry for him, but he has noone but himself to blame that Lily ended up with Potter.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by thecallofktulu
He's not totally a bad guy. He did dirty things to Harry just because James did them to him. Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Am I the only one who thinks that statement could have been worded better?

Just me then.

As for Snape, he has no one to blame but himself for siding with the 'wrong' crowd.
Though after 17 years of redemption and love for Lily, he deserves a break.

Skittle
Doesn't anybody feel horrible for Snape?

No!

Because the man got a youtube video for himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

mrs.seanastin14
First of all, if The Mysterious Ticking Noise is about anyone, it's Voldy. he gets a freaking solo! Second of all, I love Snape and want to cuddle with him.

ADarksideJedi
I do but then again I use to like him in the first four books then after wards I find I don't care too much for him anymore.

leonheartmm
snape was a martyr. he deserved a better life and better death. his is the most painful story in the book, one that has no redemption or salvation.

wonder what rowling was trying to get off her chest when she made him up?

~Bun Bun~
I was taken by surprise when he was killed. Also the way he was...

But, It didn't effect me like some of the other deaths did.

Originally posted by leonheartmm
snape was a martyr. he deserved a better life and better death. his is the most painful story in the book, one that has no redemption or salvation.

wonder what rowling was trying to get off her chest when she made him up?

That is curious. Being a writer, one wonders what inspired Snape.

GameWinner
I think snape represents a great example to the younger readers that things may not always be what they seem. Thats why I love JK, she doesn't pull her punches just bc she has a large youth audience.

seoinlosangeles
Considerably, the post is actually the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business endeavors!

knight
It was in the end very tradgic for him to go through his entire life
and have everything ripped away from him..

The bitterness inside him would have been enough to drive him mad
or for someone else, suicide.

MistressofSnape
He certainly had a hard life... and a terrible death. I cried when he died, well at least in the book. In the movie, not so much. I did get kind of choked up though. Although, after spending 20+ years pinning after a woman, you could be semi-nice to her kid.

SamZED
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Just me then.

As for Snape, he has no one to blame but himself for siding with the 'wrong' crowd.
Though after 17 years of redemption and love for Lily, he deserves a break. But he really was a jerk. Yes, he partially redeemed himself but he had plenty of time to choose the side he's on. Lili pretty much asked him what's more important to him, her friendship or being with his new buddies. Also, Voldemort killed Potters because of him, granted he didnt know what was gonna happen, but he didnt care that Voldemort was going to kill Harry as long as Lili stayed alive. He begged Voldemort to kill the baby but let Lili live. No matter how you look at it, Snape is a selfish douchebag even after all he's done. People like to scold James but we only know about him from Snape's point of view. We dont know what kind of person he was after school and what kind of parent he was. Yes, he was a jerk to Severus but all characters speak highly of him.

What really surprised me - Voldemort really did try to spare Lili, he tried to push her away and at least 4 times asked her to get out of his way before killing her.

cpa_parkcity
I feel bad for him. If the book had Snape as the main character it would end as a tragedy with all that had happened. He did a lot to help Harry and everyone else but he was always the outcast.

DarkRaiden
I do. Lily kinda just stopped caring after him because of one bad word. It was a loaded word but still...he was in the heat of the moment. Seemed weird how she just dropped him. And then he has to live through her loving his worst enemy and her dying at the hands of his master and then seeing their child grow up before his eyes.

And his death and his sacrifice too....overall a sad story.

riv6672
Originally posted by cpa_parkcity
I feel bad for him. If the book had Snape as the main character it would end as a tragedy with all that had happened. He did a lot to help Harry and everyone else but he was always the outcast.
Seeing the series from Snape's POV would be interesting. Very interesting.

And yes, i do feel bad for him. A very underrated character both in the film series and in movies as a whole. Complex and layered. And tragic.

Surtur
Originally posted by Mayraxoxo
I mean, he loved Lily but she was oblivious to that. Then she went and got married to that damned James Potter. He was miserable then and he lived a miserable life. I feel as if he should have at least dated Lily or moved on and reproduced. But no, he got killed by Voldy.

Lily wasn't oblivious to how Snape felt, she just didn't feel the same way about him that he did about her. She married James..after he'd stopped acting like such a prick.

He lived a miserable life because of his own choices. He became a Death Eater, and I think it is safe to say that there probably wasn't a single Death Eater who never at one point got blood on their hands. Even if he never did(which I doubt) he still stood by as innocents were tortured and murdered by his friends.

Then when he finds out what Voldemort plans to do involving Lily and Harry..the first thing he does is ask if he would spare Lily and only kill the child. That's not a good person and I am sorry, but 17 years isn't enough to make up for all the horrible things whilst loyal to Voldemort. It's not like he was in prison, and really for most of those 17 years Voldemort wasn't around. Snape was only really a double agent for like..2-3 years. Nope, that isn't enough. Do we in our society only give killers 17 years in jail?

eyebuck108
My favourite Harry Potter character is Severus Snape by far. The reason he is my favourite character is because everyone thinks he is nasty and mean (which he is) but no-one knows that he was in love with Lily Evans and all of those years he is protecting Harry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.