Who powers would you want to have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Xman (nate grey)

Ok, you was chosen by the beyonder to be earths protector. He tells you that in the next 10 years, your planet will be invaded by some of the most powerful beings in existence. He grants you a choice of powers (either superman powers, thor powers, or surfer powers) to take on these beings and he tells you that you have five years to master them. Which person powers would you choose (including thors hammer if you choose thor) out of the 3? Remember, since you have these powers, CIS doesnt apply to you since we all know that you'll be using these powers to the fullest. (no prep for these battles and no bfring)

This is the people that will be coming within the ten year.

1st villian within the two year span after your five year worth of training with your new powers.

Konvikt

Second villian within the next two years

Titanus

3rd villian within the next two years

V&V Despero

4th villian

Darkseid

Who is your choice?

JakeTheBank
I'd pick Thor's power if I could eventually gain the Odinforce...

shifty

Kris Blaze
I wish somebody would bestow Carver with the power of literacy already.

Mindset
Silver Surfer.

I'd combo Galactus to ko, then take his power.

chomperx9
id want to be a green lantern or a psychic

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Silver Surfer.

I'd combo Galactus to ko, then take his power.

I believe you.

Kris Blaze
Firestorm.

I'd ****ing salt everybody.

carver9
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I wish somebody would bestow Carver with the power of literacy already.

LOL, why do you do me like this Kris, I just dont understand? sad

Face Inc.
Silver Surfer - no , wouldn't get enough sex.

Superman - Naw, don't like the idea of wearing my underwear over my pants.

Guess I'll take Thor.

Mindset
Originally posted by Face Inc.
Silver Surfer - no , wouldn't get enough sex.

Superman - Naw, don't like the idea of wearing my underwear over my pants.

Guess I'll take Thor. You get their powers, you don't become them.

Face Inc.
You get their powers, you don't become them.

Oh well then I'll go with the obvious, most power of them all.

Thor

Kris Blaze
Thor's method of flight looks waaaaaaay too uncomfortable.

Mindset
You're not man enough to get Thor's powers, son.

JakeTheBank
I'd also like the option of being my "mortal self" and being able to turn into my superpowered alter ego.

kgkg
This looks like a job for Superman.

Batman-Prime
I would prefer an GL ring that never runs out of energy.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Xman (nate grey)

Who is your choice?

I choose Superman as I will sundip for a few years at least.

Original Smurph
Surfer

Mindset
If you were SS you could fly around absorbing suns.

rotiart
Powerset wise I'll go with surfer... I'm fairly certain that proper useof his powers with non pis would go a long way

JakeTheBank
One thing I'd do for sure, is practice using my powers without Mjolnir to be on the safe side.

tideoftime
Hmmm...

If it's with knowledge of my practical/potential *weaknesses*, as well, then I'd think I'd have to go with Surfer, though Thor is very tempting.

Surfer.

Sasaraixx
Hmm, Thor I think. I'm a sucker for gods smile

galactusischere
Thor or SS. Probably Surfer.

h1a8
Is SS immortal? Does he age?

darthgoober
Originally posted by h1a8
Is SS immortal? Does he age?
I don't know if he's truely immortal, but old age definately isn't an issue for him. He served Galactus for a few centuries minimum, and the people on Zenn-La(including Shalla-Ba) hadn't aged a day when they died in 1947 and they didn't have the Power Cosmic...

...so even if he IS effectively immortal, it's hard to tell if it's a result of his powers or his being from Zenn-La.

Warlord
if I'm allowed to sundip then supes...if not I'd like to be Wolverine or Batman...(next best thing)

janus77
Surfer, basically gives me every power in the book and then some.

plus, being able to augment my power by consuming other sources (souls/blackbodies for example) would make me a god in that five year training span.

janus77
I don't know if Surfer is immortal or not but, he healed Thor, when it was beyond Thor's powers to recover, so I'm guessing old age isn't an issue with Surfer.

Also, Surfer evolved a planet billions of years, again suggesting that age/wear and tear is not a factor to him.

Warlord
surfer can consume souls?

janus77
he did so in the UniLord saga. he's also pulled people into the Astral Plane to kick their arses... oh and he has a bit of DeathUrge stuck to him too (damn, makes him sound like a dirty **** no expression)...

oh and he did meld with Skaar recently, showing that he could at least 'consume' other characters (though he didn't take control, but instead give Skaar his powers).

DarkOdin
going with Thor besides Thro having some really cheap ways of winning fights that i could use without CIS. I would take the years to practice and learn more of Thor "god" powers. I mean i love Thor but never really developed his magic/divine powers.

I mean he pulled the Burok dropper out of no where. That way when the threat shows up i would god unleashed on their azzs

Lord Feron
Easily X-Man, (as long as my body doesn't burnout)

IMO he is more versatile and has the potential damn near anything. Also I personally would like to be Mentally protected. With x-man thats not really a problem ever. Physically he can easily amp his stats but it's not really necessary due to a million other options to dispatch anyone in this thread.

Blanket
I choose Superman as I will sundip for a few years at least. Superman's mind would be overloaded.

Your mind? Don't even get me started on your mind.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Xman (nate grey)

Ok, you was chosen by the beyonder to be earths protector. He tells you that in the next 10 years, your planet will be invaded by some of the most powerful beings in existence. He grants you a choice of powers (either superman powers, thor powers, or surfer powers) to take on these beings and he tells you that you have five years to master them. Which person powers would you choose (including thors hammer if you choose thor) out of the 3? Remember, since you have these powers, CIS doesnt apply to you since we all know that you'll be using these powers to the fullest. (no prep for these battles and no bfring)

This is the people that will be coming within the ten year.

1st villian within the two year span after your five year worth of training with your new powers.

Konvikt

Second villian within the next two years

Titanus

3rd villian within the next two years

V&V Despero

4th villian

Darkseid

Who is your choice?

Superman. Easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I would prefer an GL ring that never runs out of energy. That's not an option. Please stick within the thread parameters.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blanket
Superman's mind would be overloaded.

Your mind? Don't even get me started on your mind.

laughing

rotiart
Well we do know that during the guardians of the galaxy era when surfer became the keeper... Surfer was still around and didn't seem aged at all.

It's stated that while Olympians are immortal... Asgardians are simply long lived... And since ragnarok there is supposed to be an end to the life cycles of asgardians..

And surfer has shown that as a cosmic battery he limits himself to what he draws in... And can amp himself by removing those limiters...

DarkOdin
Originally posted by rotiart

It's stated that while Olympians are immortal... Asgardians are simply long lived... And since ragnarok there is supposed to be an end to the life cycles of asgardians..
The long lived is correct but thor broke the cycle of Ragnarok there there is no more Ragnarok

rotiart
Sorry if that didn't make sense. Each ragnarkk is a cycle and since the last one there are no mor cycles since Thor ended the cycles hence asgardians who had a finite life span could have infinite cycles and come back...
Are now doomed to a finite life span once this cycle ends for them

BattleMage
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I wish somebody would bestow Carver with the power of literacy already. OH SHIT laughing

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's not an option. Please stick within the thread parameters.

Quan the Mod dur

laugh

Silver Surfer

dmills
X-Man. Just for the fun a screwing with peoples minds.

Mindset
Couldn't you do that as SS?

nicamarvin
Couldn't you do that as SS? SHUT UP..... mad

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Quan the Mod dur

laugh

Silver Surfer That's better.

supremthor
I tempted to say superman due to sun dip, but surfer looking really good, and thors power imo would be the hardest to master.

Philosophía
Superman.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's better.

Quan does approve! laugh2

dmills
Couldn't you do that as SS? Yeah, but the idea of flying around butt naked on a surf board while being shiny doesn't appeal to me.

Digi
Surfer/Thor are the most powerful and versatile. So they're my choices in terms of the challenges. But being stripped of my sexual organs holds little appeal to me. Gods get the ladies. Thor.

I'd also settle for a pre-Johns GL Ring.

kgkg
Originally posted by dmills
Yeah, but the idea of flying around butt naked whilst being very shiny doesn't really appeal to me. Being butt naked is your choice to make no one is forcing you here.

kgkg
Originally posted by Digi
Surfer/Thor are the most powerful and versatile. But being stripped of my sexual organs holds little appeal to me. Gods get the ladies. Thor.

I'd also settle for a pre-Johns GL Ring. You can also go back to Human/Zen laian mode.

Surfer has had sex before shifty

shiv
Surfer/Thor are the most powerful and versatile. So they're my choices in terms of the challenges. But being stripped of my sexual organs holds little appeal to me. Gods get the ladies. Thor.

Thorite eek!

Wild Shadow
i would be thor or Surfer....

i figure with Thor i would unleash my full potential via thor/odin force......

and i would fly with fist in front of me like he has done sparingly before without his hammer.......

with the Silver surfer i could see myself flying naked and if anyone pointed smirked i would single them out with my cosmic awareness and have them be struck by cosmic lightning on a clear day...... big grin

i mean seriously ladies is it the size of boat or the power in the ocean?

Kris Blaze

Got something against giant green hammers and swords?

Mindship
I believe the OP says nothing about looking like the character who's powers you choose. Therefore, I choose Surfer with full genitalien confidence.

h1a8
Thor is weak against speedsters and can have his hammer knocked away. But not really any speedsters here so nevermind.

He can also be mind raped by class A mind rapers, so can most here too.

I would either choose Superman and hibernate in the Sun until its time to come out. I'd be astronomically more powerful than Thor or SS. Or I would be a certain GL.

Certain GL rings can absorb all kinds of energy (instead of only energy from the lantern). If I can do that then Pre John's ring would be the best choice. Because with it I can do everything Surfer and Thor can do but more (time manipulation, dimensional travel, duplication of oneself, granting myself powers of any being, etc.)

Allankles
If its just powers in general I'll go with SS, but given the type of villains I'll be facing I'll go with Supes powers, great close range speed and durabilty.

illadelph12
Surfer.

dmills
X-Man. TK so powerful that I could manipulate things at the sub atomic level, Precog bordering on cosmic awareness and the ability to read multiple time streams at once. This is a no brainer for me.

janus77
Originally posted by dmills
X-Man. TK so powerful that I could manipulate things at the sub atomic level, Precog bordering on cosmic awareness and the ability to read multiple time streams at once. This is a no brainer for me.
sorry, couldn't resist commenting on this.

1. manipulating things (everything) at the subatomic level = Surfer does it better

2. Precog bordering on Cosmic Awareness, Surfer has Cosmic Awareness

3. Timestream reading - Surfer can do that to some degree (though what use it is I don't know).

:. "no brainer"?

Kris Blaze
I'll probably go with Thor's powers. Telepathic resistance, a hammer that returns to my hand and the ability to move at lightspeed+

Thor is weak against speedsters and can have his hammer knocked away. But not really any speedsters here so nevermind.

He can also be mind raped by class A mind rapers, so can most here too.
Try to start something.

Try, I dare you, try it. Just fugging try it.

dmills
You're saying that the surfer has better TK then Nate? Because if you read what I wrote you would see that I said TK powerful enough to manipulate things at the atomic level.

Slaanesh
i take SS power..the most powerful and versatile..

Placidity
A PIS/CIS-less Surfer would be the most powerful on the list. He is almost the "do anything" man, backed up with super-human stats that can be amped to unknown levels.

Although if Superman took a considerably Sundip, he would be quite formidable too. Lets face it, if Supes used his Superspeed to the fullest every battle, he probably would've won most of them.

My preferences:

1. Silver Surfer
2. Superman
3. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.