what if wilson fisk and lex luthor switched universes ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
what the thread title says.

if wilson fisk and luthor switched marvel and DC universes do you think they would be able to accomplish things better ?

would lex luthor be able to take out spiderman

and king pin find away to kill superman for good

yeah it would take some time to learn theire new enemies but would they be able to pull it off ?

i think they would be great business partners.

Mindset
Lex would beat Spiderman.

Supes would beat Fisk.

JakeTheBank
Luthor would have way more success in Marvel than Fisk would in DC.

Wild Shadow
i dont think supes would be harrassing fisk at all he be to far beneath him to notice his criminal under taking..............

i mean supe flies in and arrest the mugger/killer/robber and doesnt bother to ask who his employer is...

chomperx9
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i dont think supes would be harrassing fisk at all he be to far beneath him to notice his criminal under taking..............

i mean supe flies in and arrest the mugger/killer/robber and doesnt bother to ask who his employer is... i agree there supes wouldnt realize fisk is a villain he always makes sure hes got a good record. everyone knows who luthor is on the other hand. but since fisk is a big businessman im sure somwhere along the line bats would do some heavy research on fisk and fine one little bug about him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by chomperx9
i agree there supes wouldnt realize fisk is a villain he always makes sure hes got a good record. everyone knows who luthor is on the other hand. but since fisk is a big businessman im sure somwhere along the line bats would do some heavy research on fisk and fine one little bug about him.
Now that I think of it King Pin would be the perfect arch nemesis for Green Arrow.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindset

Supes would beat Fisk.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Now that I think of it King Pin would be the perfect arch nemesis for Green Arrow. Fisk would take care of arrow to easy

tideoftime
Luthor wouldn't actually last relatively long in Marvel, not because he wouldn't do much better than Fisk (conceptually he is a whole level above Fisk), but because certain other villains, such as Dr. Doom, wouldn't care for a rival with much greater potential than Kingpin, and if they couldn't find away to manipulate/use Lex, they'd have him eliminated.

Kingpin in DC would learn very quickly to lay very, very, very low so as to avoid the likes of Batman (Superman wouldn't actually be a factor in his life, until he tries to do something major, like take over STAR labs, or some-such; then he might attract attention he really isn't designed to deal with). Characters like Batman would be his more likely threat-level, as Bats takes a more pro-active approach to dealing with certain criminals/organizations that SpiderMan ever did or would be capable of.

(My answers pre-suppose a "sudden reality shift", placing one in the other's universe, and then having to adapt; if their histories are simply re-written to have always been in alternate publications, then Luthor becomes something closer to Dr. Doom, or the High Evolutionary, conceptually, while Kingpin becomes a Batman adversary, but one Bats has a wary "live-and-let-live" stance... at least, most of the time...)

Omega Vision
Fisk would take care of arrow to easy
I'm betting Green Arrow has a special trick arrow with Thanos' pimp hand as a head. cool

Superherovandal
Originally posted by tideoftime
Luthor wouldn't actually last relatively long in Marvel, not because he wouldn't do much better than Fisk (conceptually he is a whole level above Fisk), but because certain other villains, such as Dr. Doom, wouldn't care for a rival with much greater potential than Kingpin, and if they couldn't find away to manipulate/use Lex, they'd have him eliminated.

Kingpin in DC would learn very quickly to lay very, very, very low so as to avoid the likes of Batman (Superman wouldn't actually be a factor in his life, until he tries to do something major, like take over STAR labs, or some-such; then he might attract attention he really isn't designed to deal with). Characters like Batman would be his more likely threat-level, as Bats takes a more pro-active approach to dealing with certain criminals/organizations that SpiderMan ever did or would be capable of.

(My answers pre-suppose a "sudden reality shift", placing one in the other's universe, and then having to adapt; if their histories are simply re-written to have always been in alternate publications, then Luthor becomes something closer to Dr. Doom, or the High Evolutionary, conceptually, while Kingpin becomes a Batman adversary, but one Bats has a wary "live-and-let-live" stance... at least, most of the time...) If that were true Doom would have killed tons of super-geniuses in Marvel but he doesn't. Luthor I believe would fair much better than Kingpin. Luthor is far more resourceful. He's tons smarter. He wouldn't need to hire supergeniuses cause he'd be the smartest one in the room. Kingpin could fair well but in the end he'd nowhere near achieve the status that Luthor has as he's not smart enough and he'd need resources and a reputation that he wouldn't have in DC. It'd be much easier for Luthor to establish himself as a supercriminal. He'd just invent a supergadget in about half an hour, sell it to someone, and bam!!! he has a ton of money with which to build his resources the guy has been president of the USA for cripes sake. He'd be able to work the really corrupt current MU govt.

Wild Shadow
i would luv to see luther in his armor suit facing off against certain marvel heroes....

magneto: are you the manderin?

lex: no. why?

magneto ur mood rings in ur glove.... whatever ur a tyrant and the world can only afford one,, crush...

i just find that funny i just had to say it.
embarrasment

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Superherovandal
If that were true Doom would have killed tons of super-geniuses in Marvel but he doesn't. Luthor I believe would fair much better than Kingpin. Luthor is far more resourceful. He's tons smarter. He wouldn't need to hire supergeniuses cause he'd be the smartest one in the room. Kingpin could fair well but in the end he'd nowhere near achieve the status that Luthor has as he's not smart enough and he'd need resources and a reputation that he wouldn't have in DC. It'd be much easier for Luthor to establish himself as a supercriminal. He'd just invent a supergadget in about half an hour, sell it to someone, and bam!!! he has a ton of money with which to build his resources the guy has been president of the USA for cripes sake. He'd be able to work the really corrupt current MU govt.
I could see him becoming Norman Osborune's Starscream.

JakeTheBank
Luthor would probably usurp control from Osborn before long. He's smarter than him by a long shot and way more stable to boot.

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's smarter than him by a long shot Nope

galactusischere
Luthor would probably usurp control from Osborn before long. He's smarter than him by a long shot and way more stable to boot.

It wouldn't matter cause Luthor is DOOMed. Doom would deal with him, since hes got the bigger brains and tech. As for Kingpin, he in hes prime had control of a few countries if im not mistaken. That Kingpin would defeat Superman.

batdude123
Nope

baka

JakeTheBank
Nope

Luthor is widely acknowledged as one of DC Earth's smartest people alive. Osborn is hardly acknowledged as one of the smartest people Marvel Earth has to offer. Reed, Doom, Pym, Stark, and McCoy are all people I'd put above Stormin' Norman.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by galactusischere
It wouldn't matter cause Luthor is DOOMed. Kingpin in hes prime had control of a few countries if im not mistaken. That Kingpin would defeat Superman.

I'm not arguing that Doom > Lex Luthor.

Bouboumaster

Supes would beat Fisk.

Mindset
Luthor is widely acknowledged as one of DC Earth's smartest people alive. Osborn is hardly acknowledged as one of the smartest people Marvel Earth has to offer. Reed, Doom, Pym, Stark, and McCoy are all people I'd put above Stormin' Norman. Most of those people are above Lex.

People underestimate Osborn, that's how he got where he is. smile

Bouboumaster
Fisk would be an incredible Batman opponent.

chomperx9
Most of those people are above Lex.

People underestimate Osborn, that's how he got where he is. smile i agree

JakeTheBank

I agree with them mostly being above Lex; as a rule I think Marvel's egghead and scientist type guys are beyond DC's (counting non augmented intellect or "super" intellect). I also agree with people underestimating Osborn, but when it comes to intellect, I don't think he's on Luthor's level. He makes up with it with his charisma, though, and the fact that the guy was in the right place at the right time.

Mindset
Lex trumps him when it comes to tech, but in order to usurp his power his intelligence would need to be superior in strategy.

I don't see him being a leagues better than Osborn in that regard, neither are most of Marvel's geniuses.

chomperx9
i say lex is more at tony starks level

JakeTheBank
Lex trumps him when it comes to tech, but in order to usurp his power his intelligence would need to be superior in strategy.

I don't see him being a leagues better than Osborn in that regard, neither are most of Marvel's geniuses.

I can agree with that much.

Q99
Luthor's got pretty sweet tech. He occasionally pulls good strategies.

But his *real* strength is the ability to gather other villains under him and get them to work together. Injustice Gangs and Societies of Supervillains. He can whip them up better than anyone I know. That's Lex's role and advantage.

Mindset
I don't see many Marvel villains working under Lex, not the major ones.

Q99
I don't see many Marvel villains working under Lex, not the major ones.

I don't see why not. He manages to get villains of all stripes to work under him, from professionals to psychos. That's some impressive people skills.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Q99
I don't see why not. He manages to get villains of all stripes to work under him, from professionals to psychos. That's some impressive people skills. lex would probably get all the dummies that are easy to pay. like rhino or blob for example

JakeTheBank
He could probably get some top tier talent to work with him, provided he could convince them, which isn't a long shot considering who he has enlisted before. Provided that Luthor had the same time to build his power base as Osborn did in the Marvel U, he could probably get mostly everyone on the same page.

Q99
More than them. Consider: Would you consider Doom easy to work with? Heck no.

Lex is good at gathering resources. His tech is also really good too (consider how powerful his battlesuit is, and he's had a fair number of other quite powerful inventions. Metallo's no slouch. There's a bunch of one-off devices too), and he's commanding but in not in a "Minions! Do what I command!" way, at least when dealing with other villains. He knows how to appeal to villain's desires and sell them on working together, and he brings a fair amount to the table personally with his resources and brains too.

Doom's better at tech, but the Doom-level people in Marvel rarely build teams or are easy to work with.

I think Lex'd be a major player.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
I don't see why not. He manages to get villains of all stripes to work under him, from professionals to psychos. That's some impressive people skills. Because they wouldn't...

What major villains in Marvel would work under Lex?

chomperx9
Because they wouldn't...

What major villains in Marvel would work under Lex? red skull or anyone that would work for king pin they would work for lex. but yeah i know most of the villains thats worked for kingpin arent that major

Mindset
red skull Are you serious?

Bouboumaster
red skull

I would bet that Luthor wouldn't want to work with him

I could see Sentry

JakeTheBank
I think Marvel's big three villians - Doom, Skull, and Magneto - wouldn't bother working with Luthor. I also think that he wouldn't bother trying to get them around to his way of thinking, either.

chomperx9
I think Marvel's big three villians - Doom, Skull, and Magneto - wouldn't bother working with Luthor. I also think that he wouldn't bother trying to get them around to his way of thinking, either. magneto doom juggernaut anyone to OP wouldnt work for lex

chomperx9
but who in the DC universe would work for fisk ?

Doctor-Alvis
Juggernaut would work for Lex. Well, classic Juggernaut would. I don't know what he's up to now that he has his full power back.

Bouboumaster
I think Marvel's big three villians - Doom, Skull, and Magneto - wouldn't bother working with Luthor. I also think that he wouldn't bother trying to get them around to his way of thinking, either.

What about Loki?

redhotrash
Fisk would become another generic Batman villain and Luthor would become another generic Iron Man villain.

Q99

He gets people like Sinestro, Vandal Savage, Circe, Black Adam, Brainiac, Zoom, etc. in his ring. I could see Magneto working with Lex out of practicality, and... well, tentative short-term alliances with Doom, but they'd both be too smart to stick around the other.

I don't think he's ever worked with Nazis, so he might not work with Skull on that level, but I think Lex is on a higher level than Skull anyway.

The Masters of Evil would work with Lex. Loki. Pretty much any Iron Man or Spider-man villain. A good number of X-villains. Anyone on Norman's Dark anything.

Note also: For some villains it's work 'with', that's one of the big things. He invites big hitters to sit with him, he hires small hitters to work under them, he recruits crazies by knowing how to deal with them without getting bit.

Kasper Gutman
I agree with Fisk being an incredible villian for Batman, except he'd be too incredible. Batman would be owned pretty hard if he met Kingpin face to face.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
I agree with Fisk being an incredible villian for Batman, except he'd be too incredible. Batman would be owned pretty hard if he met Kingpin face to face. i agree if fisk moved his office to gotham the crime there would be more than ever and would keep bats busy 24/7

Q99
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
I agree with Fisk being an incredible villian for Batman, except he'd be too incredible. Batman would be owned pretty hard if he met Kingpin face to face.

I disagree. Batman and DD aren't far apart in fighting level, and DD can hold his own without all of Bat's gadgets he can get from the cave.

Well, for a rough idea of how it'd go, read Nightwing's series and see the variety of things he pulled against Blockbuster, who was well out of his strength league.

I don't think it'd be a stomp in either direction.

Agreed. If there's one thing Fisk is good at, it's organizing crime.

Lord Feron
IMO Lex can accomplish something similar to what osborn did, not through intelligence but to their equal level of cunning and manipulation.

Fisk imo would be able to do fine. I do agree that batman would be pretty much the only guy who would be able to find out of his existence of shady stuff. Fisk would want to be the president or anything but he would like to be the man, pulling the strings.

I think they can both do well. But Fisk imo would do better. I would say Lex would have a greater chance of being overtly evil, (running around in a armored suit attacking super heroes without even a mask).

Blanket
Fisk would have crushed Superman's head by now, and Luthor would have been killed by Daredevil.

Omega Vision
but who in the DC universe would work for fisk ?
I can see the Secret Six briefly working for him, or possibly Deathstroke.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
Fisk would have crushed Superman's head by now, and Luthor would have been killed by Daredevil.
This is why I don't read your posts most of the time.

Blanket
This is why I don't read your posts most of the time. thumb up

Warlord
This is why I don't read your posts most of the time.

his and mindsets are some of the best posts in these forums...
apologize now....smile

tideoftime
Commenting on multiple posts above, in no particular order:

Lex is smarter than Norman. Period. (This isn't downplaying Norman, by any means, and he *is* often underestimated by his opponents/contemporaries... but Lex is a whole category above him).

Fisk would indeed do well in DC, as long as he played things very close to the vest (which is his forte' anyway). He would be a good adversary for Batman/Bruce, on multiple levels. He would *not*, however, stomp BM as a given: BM has routinely fought opponents with Kingpin's intellect/cunning/resources/physical strength/combat skills, or at least one or more facets thereof, and won. Fisk is stronger that Bruce by a significant degree, but not on par with mid-level metahumans. Could Fisk win? Absolutely. But not as a stomp, in any way, shape, or form. His greater challenge to Bruce would be on an organizational/counter- corporate level (i.e. theft, sabotage, political subversion, "redistribution" of WayneTech devices, et al). On that level, Fisk could be an absolute beast to Bruce.

While Doom, and others, are not intrinsically known for killing contemporaries in this context, this is where the difference between, say, Norman, Fisk, and Lex shines: Lex has had (and will have) consistant plans for world/galactic (when he thinks he can get away with it) domination, in one form or another. Combined with his meta-level intellect and ability to organize other villains in a more-or-less effective manner, that makes him conceptually a rival that Doom (etc) would have to either convert/manipulate, or ultimately dispose of, because Lex's plans inevitably encroach or impede others' plans on a global scale. (If Lex had *always* been in Marvel, he would have evolved, conceptually, into the likes of Doom, or gotten the mutant "zap" and become like the High Evolutionary, etc etc, as I put forth before).

-Pr-
Luthor would have way more success in Marvel than Fisk would in DC.

AsbestosFlaygon
It's ridiculous how Marvel fans are comparing Norman to Lex.
C'mon now... Norman to Lex? that's absurd.

Fisk.. he would become a generic Batman villain.

No matter how hard he'll try to hide, the World's Greatest Detective will track him down sooner or later.

Besides, Fisk is no intellectual. He's probably one of the best in Marvel, but he will never be in DC.
When all his resources run dry, and his criminal intents are exposed, I see him becoming one of Ra's Al Ghul's lackeys.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

No matter how hard he'll try to hide, the World's Greatest Detective will track him down sooner or later.

Besides, Fisk is no intellectual. He's probably one of the best in Marvel, but he will never be in DC.
When all his resources run dry, and his criminal intents are exposed, I see him becoming one of Ra's Al Ghul's lackeys.

ughh.....

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Lord Feron
ughh.....
You came?

Batman-Prime
Replace Dr. Doom with Fisk and it would be much better shifty

Fisk would die pretty fast. He would underestimate the Joker, that would be fatal.

Lex on the other hand would fare pretty well, he would become a benevolent force of good for the Human race backed up by the new Superheroes... till the day Gladiator or SS come to earth, blasted Aliens would ruin everything.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Replace Dr. Doom with Fisk and it would be much better shifty

Fisk would die pretty fast. He would underestimate the Joker, that would be fatal.

Lex on the other hand would fare pretty well, he would become a benevolent force of good for the Human race backed up by the new Superheroes... till the day Gladiator or SS come to earth, blasted Aliens would ruin everything.
No his hatred would shift from aliens to Gods. He'll probably hate Thor and use the Sentry as a pawn to fight Thor. Which is actually a pretty interesting concept.

redhotrash
Nice of someone to get some Joker wank in here, completely undeserved. Thats said its a shame Fisk cant bring a few of his lackies with him, like Bullseye for example. Also, classic Kingpin was pretty f'ing strong, it'd almost be like fighting Bane but with better h2h skills and a laser pimp cane.
Lex on the other hand I can see getting some good criminals under him. He'd get a lot of B-Listers working for him, like the Wrecking Crew, Absorbing Man (who is pretty beastly himself), Maybe some of the frightful 4. He'd also do more to make them a threat rather than just randomly sending them off to fight. The wrecking crew with tech power upgrades or Absorbing Man with a adamantium necklace would be pretty rough to handle.

American Dragon

if wilson fisk and luthor switched marvel and DC universes do you think they would be able to accomplish things better ?

yeah it would take some time to learn theire new enemies but would they be able to pull it off ?

i think they would be great business partners.

Fisk can't even beat Spiderman so I have to say Superman would chew him up and spit him out. Lex has come close to beating Superman so he might beat Spiderman but Spiderman would probably win since Lex is just like Norman Osborn who has never beat Spiderman.

Wild Shadow
you realize fisk has smacked the sh@$ out of spiderman on a repeated bases? im just saying that he has...

Superherovandal
yeah until recently before BND. Back in Black Spidey absolutely humiliated him as he should. And I think we can all agree that Luthor would fare far better than Fisk if they switched places

godking
If that were true Doom would have killed tons of super-geniuses in Marvel but he doesn't. Luthor I believe would fair much better than Kingpin. Luthor is far more resourceful. He's tons smarter. He wouldn't need to hire supergeniuses cause he'd be the smartest one in the room. Kingpin could fair well but in the end he'd nowhere near achieve the status that Luthor has as he's not smart enough and he'd need resources and a reputation that he wouldn't have in DC. It'd be much easier for Luthor to establish himself as a supercriminal. He'd just invent a supergadget in about half an hour, sell it to someone, and bam!!! he has a ton of money with which to build his resources the guy has been president of the USA for cripes sake. He'd be able to work the really corrupt current MU govt. Luthor is the greater scientist that does not make him the better strategist or tactician.

Lets not forget that Kingpin at his peak controlled the US goverment from the shadows and has a piece of every criminal transaction on the planet.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by godking
Luthor is the greater scientist that does not make him the better strategist or tactician.

Lets not forget that Kingpin at his peak controlled the US goverment from the shadows and has a piece of every criminal transaction on the planet. and Lex at his peak was president....so...that's moot. Lex is also quite the strategist and tactictian

BUSTER1

What the f**k?

Lord Feron
and Lex at his peak was president....so...that's moot. Lex is also quite the strategist and tactictian

Not really moot because controlling the US government without anyone knowing is > than being president.

Also Fisk would never take such a public position, not his MO though lex on the other hand had a big ass ego that needs to be constantly stroked.

godking
and Lex at his peak was president....so...that's moot. Lex is also quite the strategist and tactictian It is better to rule from the shadows rather then being president.

Presidents come and go but ruling from the shadows is safer.

Luthors ego needs to be constantly stroked while Fisk is content to rule from the shadows which is safer and more profitable in the long run.

Fisk will always outlast Luthor because most people wont even know he is controlling them.

Tazer
Yo.

the only ones above Lex in that small list would be Reed, and *maybe* Doom in pure intelligence, and as for deviousness he's about equal to Doom.

Norm only got to where he was by: 1) pure chance, and 2) stupid MU-Americans (atleast Lex had to work on his public img to get voted in as Prez, Norm got assigned to his position by morons looking to blame a person who was just as much a victim as anybody else.)

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Lets not forget that Kingpin at his peak controlled the US goverment from the shadows and has a piece of every criminal transaction on the planet.

so he was getting some of the action that The Hood was taking in??

I find that a bit hard to believe.

Tazer

Placidity
It would be party time for Lex.

In MU, he has no history of being a villain. It wouldn't be long till he became president, and then he can do all his evil deeds secretly, and there wouldn't be a Batman/Superman to uncover him.

Q99
Fisk really seems to have built a lot of his criminal empire during the period of Marvel before most of the heroes came out- by the time DD and Spidey met him, he was already in charge, and he's lost influence since.

He's a smart guy, but I doubt he'll have the same level of success he did in Marvel. A player, instead of The player.

the ninjak
Lex would crap himself and commit suicide
Fisk would laugh his ass off at the old fashioned Gotham and become a suitable rival to the Joker!
The second joker would turn up to one of there cookie cutter meetings kingpin would just squeez his head up.

Deadline

facepalm DC wank.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Deadline
facepalm DC wank.

Absolutely agreed bud.

the ninjak
Luther would mastered his surroundings in Metropolis City a new world would cripple him. But kingpin is a street thug nowhere close to Supervillian Luther. But Kingpin would easily thrive in Gotham and will grow much faster. Personally I think Wilson Fisk would mess up most of DCs gotham villians. He is just too down to earth whereas most the others are just nuts.

the ninjak
Luther has mastered his surroundings in Metropolis City, a new world would cripple him. But kingpin is a street thug nowhere close to Supervillian Luther. But Kingpin would easily thrive in Gotham and will grow much faster. Personally I think Wilson Fisk would mess up most of DCs gotham villians. He is just too down to earth whereas most the others are just nuts.

shiv

Yes.

Yes. Kingpin could find a way.

theire new enemies but would they be able to pull it off ?

Luthor would.

Omega Vision
Not really moot because controlling the US government without anyone knowing is > than being president.

Also Fisk would never take such a public position, not his MO though lex on the other hand had a big ass ego that needs to be constantly stroked.
Which is why I liked DCAU Luthor so much. He ran a Presidential campaign as a front for his real plan.

Q99
Originally posted by the ninjak
Luther has mastered his surroundings in Metropolis City, a new world would cripple him. But kingpin is a street thug nowhere close to Supervillian Luther. But Kingpin would easily thrive in Gotham and will grow much faster. Personally I think Wilson Fisk would mess up most of DCs gotham villians. He is just too down to earth whereas most the others are just nuts.

Luthor's handled being thrown into other situations quite well before.

Gotham has both nuts-types and down to earth practical types (Penguin is not crazy for example, and there are several strong organized crime groups in gotham). And a lot of the nuts types really *are* hard to deal with. They might not have big organizations for sanity reasons, but they're sort of like landmines when setting up shop, stepping on them can chew up a lot of resources to deal with. Most of them are geniuses and can pull off some crazy stuff. Of course, there's the whole Batclan who keeps a close eye on people moving into the city's crime landscape.

Btw, some big factions in the DC's crime scene include: Intergang. Most focused in Metropolis, world wide (gotham included). High tech weapons (generally of Apokoliptian origin), lots of resources.

Ra's Al Ghul's operations/League of Assassins. Not as interested in the pure crime side, ultimately they're there to fulfill Ra's' plans, but have the dominant market share in assassinations and do use crime to raise funds. Also worldwide. A group Fisk does not want to go head to head with.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Lex would crap himself and commit suicide
Fisk would laugh his ass off at the old fashioned Gotham and become a suitable rival to the Joker!
The second joker would turn up to one of there cookie cutter meetings kingpin would just squeez his head up.

yea, like Kingpin would/could handle Black Mask (who would be that 2nd Joker) *that* easily.........

sry, but I aint buying that; hell, Magpie would take him out if he tried to horn in too much (when she was alive that is....)

Tazer

godking
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

so he was getting some of the action that The Hood was taking in??

I find that a bit hard to believe.

Tazer Peak Kingpin with his organization at its most powerful had his hand in EVERY criminal enterprise on the planet and was the most infuential non superhuman on the planet.

Parker Robbins (Hood) learned his business as an underboss for Fisk.

Unlike guys like Doom & Luthor Fisk was/is content to rule from the shadows which is why in the long run he has/will always outlast them because he is that much harder to take down if you dont know he is controlling you.

godking
Originally posted by Q99
Luthor's handled being thrown into other situations quite well before.

Gotham has both nuts-types and down to earth practical types (Penguin is not crazy for example, and there are several strong organized crime groups in gotham). And a lot of the nuts types really *are* hard to deal with. They might not have big organizations for sanity reasons, but they're sort of like landmines when setting up shop, stepping on them can chew up a lot of resources to deal with. Most of them are geniuses and can pull off some crazy stuff. Of course, there's the whole Batclan who keeps a close eye on people moving into the city's crime landscape.

Btw, some big factions in the DC's crime scene include: Intergang. Most focused in Metropolis, world wide (gotham included). High tech weapons (generally of Apokoliptian origin), lots of resources.

Ra's Al Ghul's operations/League of Assassins. Not as interested in the pure crime side, ultimately they're there to fulfill Ra's' plans, but have the dominant market share in assassinations and do use crime to raise funds. Also worldwide. A group Fisk does not want to go head to head with.

Kingpin is more cunning then most of Gothams villains most of the dumb/powerful ones will end up working for him.

Black mask is his most dangerous opponent among the intelligent Gotham villains.

Fisk vs Bruce Wayne would be an interesting chess match seeiing Fisk lacks the weaknesses that most of the bat villains have.

Fisk will win some Wayne will win some it would take a long time for either on to gain a final victory.

Fisk would not attack intergang directly but would squeeze them out Fisk has taken down organizations with more resources before.

Fisk would make a deal with Ra seeing as Fisk has never been interested in overt world domination.

Omega Vision
Kingpin is more cunning then most of Gothams villains most of the dumb/powerful ones will end up working for him.

Black mask is his most dangerous opponent among the intelligent Gotham villains.

Fisk vs Bruce Wayne would be an interesting chess match seeiing Fisk lacks the weaknesses that most of the bat villains have.

Fisk will win some Wayne will win some it would take a long time for either on to gain a final victory.

Fisk would not attack intergang directly but would squeeze them out Fisk has taken down organizations with more resources before.

Fisk would make a deal with Ra seeing as Fisk has never been interested in overt world domination.
Fisk would not squeeze out Intergang and what organization has he taken down that had even close to Intergang's resources. As of late Intergang's leader has claimed that he has a new benefactor more powerful than Darkseid.

Tazer
Yo.

Peak Kingpin with his organization at its most powerful had his hand in EVERY criminal enterprise on the planet and was the most infuential non superhuman on the planet.

Parker Robbins (Hood) learned his business as an underboss for Fisk.

Unlike guys like Doom & Luthor Fisk was/is content to rule from the shadows which is why in the long run he has/will always outlast them because he is that much harder to take down if you dont know he is controlling you.

.............."peak" Kingpin?? laughing out loud

my apologies, but that just sounded funny.

I find yur contention that Fisk will outlast guys like Doom & Luthor, given Fisk having been in jail *a number of times*, and Im hard-pressed to come up w/an Doom ever having been so.

methinks thou has mis-spoke a bit there. wink

Tazer

Lord Feron
Which is why I liked DCAU Luthor so much. He ran a Presidential campaign as a front for his real plan.

Shit thats what bush did... anyway lets not go there.

Anyway still Controlling the government from the shadows it > the being a president and having a special agenda.

Omega Vision

Anyway still Controlling the government from the shadows it > the being a president and having a special agenda.
Really what Luthor did was way more impressive IMO. I'm not sure if he was a known supervillain by that point but everyone pretty much knew he was crooked and he still got people to vote for him.

SamZED

Anyway still Controlling the government from the shadows it > the being a president and having a special agenda. That's what ALL presidents do, Putin did it and he's FAR from being a super genius...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by SamZED
That's what ALL presidents do, Putin did it and he's FAR from being a super genius...
Garry Kasparov is a super genius and he tried to get elected.
Oh and Putin may not be super smart but if you're going to take one Head of State with you into a trouble situation it'll be him. He's apparently a very skilled martial artist.

Mindset
Al Gore is a super genius, he made the internet.

Q99
And note the kind of stuff Luthor did while President: Make an alliance with Apokolips, for one.

Fisk just doesn't work on that level.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
And note the kind of stuff Luthor did while President: Make an alliance with Apokolips, for one.

Fisk just doesn't work on that level.
To be fair at that point Darkseid was handing out alliances like hotcakes.

I love the scene where Darkseid descends and asks to speak with "the leader of the insects" and Luthor replies: "that's President Insect to you!"

Q99
Still, that alliance helped save the Earth in Our Worlds at War.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Still, that alliance helped save the Earth in Our Worlds at War.
Agreed. He also had a face to face conversation with Darkseid later when discussing giving him Doomsday's skeleton as payment for Earth's war-debt. Kingpin never had a face to face conversation with Thanos in such a way that it was almost as if Darkseid considered him an equal. Lex Luthor's equivalent in Marvel is Dr. Doom though I won't argue that Luthor=Doom necessarily, they are close. Closer than Kingpin is to Doom.

Q99
Agreed. He also had a face to face conversation with Darkseid later when discussing giving him Doomsday's skeleton as payment for Earth's war-debt. Kingpin never had a face to face conversation with Thanos in such a way that it was almost as if Darkseid considered him an equal. Lex Luthor's equivalent in Marvel is Dr. Doom though I won't argue that Luthor=Doom necessarily, they are close. Closer than Kingpin is to Doom.

Yea, they're both in the "these are people you have to seriously worry about taking over the world/regularly messes with global-scale heroes" league.

Kingpin... isn't.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, they're both in the "these are people you have to seriously worry about taking over the world/regularly messes with global-scale heroes" league.

Kingpin... isn't.
Darkseid was certain to make Lex Luthor a part of his Society's Inner Circle during Final Crisis. Thanos has stated on panel that Dr. Doom is one of the few people on Earth he actually sees as a threat and thus monitors him. Kingpin? Kingpin is like a less classy, non-Immortal R'as Al'Ghul with fewer resources and less global interests.

godking
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

.............."peak" Kingpin?? laughing out loud

my apologies, but that just sounded funny.

I find yur contention that Fisk will outlast guys like Doom & Luthor, given Fisk having been in jail *a number of times*, and Im hard-pressed to come up w/an Doom ever having been so.

methinks thou has mis-spoke a bit there. wink

Tazer Fisk has been in Prison ONCE and thats only in the in the last few years.

Kingpin at his best was legally untouchable and the most influential non superhuman on the planet

Doom was in Prison twice in the last few years and was also banished to a hell dimension by Mr fantastic for years

It took Shield +Hydra+Daredevil + His son betraying him to finally bring Kingpin down.

Kingpins interest was never in conquering the world why should he when he could simpy control things from the shadows as did for years.

godking
Really what Luthor did was way more impressive IMO. I'm not sure if he was a known supervillain by that point but everyone pretty much knew he was crooked and he still got people to vote for him. How ? Luthor would have eventually left office sooner or later (in his case sooner) .

Controlling from the shadows with bribes and favors is a much better strategy in the long run.

chomperx9
would shield be able to shut down lex corp ? cause fury would go after lex in a sec

Omega Vision
would shield be able to shut down lex corp ? cause fury would go after lex in a sec
Doubtful. Lex Corp was (and probably still is) a mostly legitimate company.

PIS free luthor kills Spider. Fisk is unlikely to take SM down, but it's possible.

Luthor would reach a much higher and more overt level of power, but would probably survive a much shorter time in it - he ends up dead or in jail faster than KP.

Fisk can probably prosper indefinitelly in the middle rank as a crime lord running a possibly international network. And why bother with Gotham? Is it the only city in the world? Even if he goes there I believe he'd succeed. The looney toons replaced the mafia and other common criminal organizations there, but Kingpin isn't like them either, he is a mafia Dom type who operates on a meta-human scale and is used to dealing with lunatics and superpowered individuals.

chomperx9
Originally posted by 753
PIS free luthor kills Spider. Fisk is unlikely to take SM down, but it's possible.

Luthor would reach a much higher and more overt level of power, but would probably survive a much shorter time in it - he ends up dead or in jail faster than KP.

Fisk can probably prosper indefinitelly in the middle rank as a crime lord running a possibly international network. And why bother with Gotham? Is it the only city in the world? Even if he goes there I believe he'd succeed. The looney toons replaced the mafia and other common criminal organizations there, but Kingpin isn't like them either, he is a mafia Dom type who operates on a meta-human scale and is used to dealing with lunatics and superpowered individuals. all batman would need to do is get a hold of anybody that works for kingpin and bats would get him to spit out who he is. bats can get anyone to talk

Wild Shadow
punisher? daredevil? wolverine?

all batman would need to do is get a hold of anybody that works for kingpin and bats would get him to spit out who he is. bats can get anyone to talk

Double blinds. KP stays so far up the feeding chain, Batman would take a while to see him, if ever should he play smart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.