Technopathy vs Telepathy vs Telekinesis vs Magnetism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Which power would you rather have and why?

1. On our Earth.
2. In a comic Universe.

Warlord
telepathy unless prep is used then technology

Blair Wind
Bump.

I''ve been thinking about this of late. Why is it that TK users (namely X-men characters) are seen as inferior to Magnetism users (namely Magneto) when TK allows for all the things Magnetism does + the ability to control everything else non metallic.

Mindset
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Bump.

I''ve been thinking about this of late. Why is it that TK users (namely X-men characters) are seen as inferior to Magnetism users (namely Magneto) when TK allows for all the things Magnetism does + the ability to control everything else non metallic. The stronger ones aren't.

Nate Grey and Cable, that is.

Uriel005
Assuming tech is to the limits of Marvel or DC??? Technopathy with ease. I could apocalypse style it and give myself whatever powers I desire or have it done in a Doom manner in that if I'm too lazy to use magic to accomplish the goal I'll tech it with 99 percent more energy efficiency. Also I'd build an Ultimate nullifier and nullify my weaknesses. big grin

Konton
1. Telepathy. I can do whatever I want.

2. Telekinesis, but only because there are too many people with telepathic resistances.

the ninjak
Technopathy although boring at first will wield the best results.

Uriel005
Originally posted by the ninjak
Technopathy although boring at first will wield the best results.

Power bestowal comes later so yeah... just need to last that long.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Nuul

1. On our Earth.
2. In a comic Universe.
On Earth I'd take telekinesis. Telepathy is just a bad, bad idea for anyone who values their sanity.

In a comics verse I'd probably take tp.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
On Earth I'd take telekinesis. Telepathy is just a bad, bad idea for anyone who values their sanity.

In a comics verse I'd probably take tp. Why is it bad?If you can turn it off it'd be cool to have.

King Kandy
This universe: Technopathy.

Comics Universe: Telepathy.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Why is it bad?If you can turn it off it'd be cool to have. I mean unless its something like the drummer...but thats technopathy.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Why is it bad?If you can turn it off it'd be cool to have.
I'm assuming that in the real world telepathy would be like hearing: something you can never completely turn off.

Maybe I'm just imposing illogical distinctions. stick out tongue

Originally posted by King Kandy
This universe: Technopathy.

Comics Universe: Telepathy.
Really? The real world isn't quite as plugged in as fictionland, which takes most of the fun out of technopathy.

Starscream M

1. On our Earth.
2. In a comic Universe.

rank from most useful to least

1) telepathy

2) telekinesis

3) magnetism

4) technopathy

Black bolt z
I'm assuming that in the real world telepathy would be like hearing: something you can never completely turn off.

Maybe I'm just imposing illogical distinctions. stick out tongue

Really? The real world isn't quite as plugged in as fictionland, which takes most of the fun out of technopathy. I'd always imagined it as reading minds at free will.You don't have to if you don't want to.

Starscream M

In a comics verse I'd probably take tp. if you have telepathy you can control hot chicks and make them do anything you want

"Id"
Telepathy. Love the idea to see, and manipulate minds.

illadelph12
To what degree do you have the powers? Because there are some applications (like the telekinetic re-arrangement of matter's atomic structure) which could be quite useful in the real world. With practice you could probably learn things like alchemy, how to reverse or slow the aging process, and improve your body's functions (like Tangent Super-Man, for example).

illadelph12
Originally posted by Starscream M
if you have telepathy you can control hot chicks and make them do anything you want

Smh...

That's what having game is for.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by illadelph12
To what degree do you have the powers? Because there are some applications (like the telekinetic re-arrangement of matter's atomic structure) which could be quite useful in the real world. With practice you could probably learn things like alchemy, how to reverse or slow the aging process, and improve your body's functions (like Tangent Super-Man, for example).
You realize how maddeningly complex rearranging even a relatively simple macro-molecule mentally would be right?

Stoic
This is basically rock, paper scissors. One can't trump all.

Mindset
Smh...

That's what having game is for. Or roofies.Originally posted by Omega Vision
You realize how maddeningly complex rearranging even a relatively simple macro-molecule mentally would be right? That's why he asked to what degree we have these powers, you penis.

King Castle
Originally posted by Starscream M
rank from most useful to least

1) telepathy

2) telekinesis

3) magnetism

4) technopathy i am actually agreeing with you on the listing.

anyways... i use the TP to make me immortal after a while body jumping when its time and manipulating women for certain things..

anyways... reason that TK cant do the same as Magnetism is that usually a specific type of Psychokinesis gives a person a certain lvl of innate control that doesnt need to be learn.

being solely a TK user one would have to practice and learn to manipulate fine motor control on a molecular or sub atomic lvl on an object rather then just making giant force field and surrounding an object and lifting it or shaping it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
Or roofies. That's why he asked to what degree we have these powers, you penis.
I realize that, but you could have godly tk and still not have the mental capacity to perform such complicated processes.

Mindset
I realize that, but you could have godly tk and still not have the mental capacity to perform such complicated processes. It appears the stronger your tk the easier things like matter manipulation, etc is. They have a higher understanding how the world/uni operates.

illadelph12
You realize how maddeningly complex rearranging even a relatively simple macro-molecule mentally would be right?

Practice makes perfect, and I'm a patient man. Also why I asked to what degree the powers are granted. Another good question would be what level of proficiency would we have?

In my opinion, the thinking man's choice would be telekinesis given the possible applications.

Omega Vision
It appears the stronger your tk the easier things like matter manipulation, etc is. They have a higher understanding how the world/uni operates.
Tk has little to do with mental prowess, tp is the "my brain is big!!!!" power.

King Castle
It appears the stronger your tk the easier things like matter manipulation, etc is. They have a higher understanding how the world/uni operates. nah, only one i see being true was X man..

b4 then Phoenix had to learn finely tuned exercises.. same for Psylocke and even Rachael.. Cable also practiced a lot and only knew text book knowledge of how high end TK is suppose to work which help facilitate in his powered amp feats...

hmm.. who else?

i guess Exodus has more of a brute TK user as well but he learned pretty quick using his powers in exotic ways.. same for Legion but i think legion was stealing knowledge from his dad and some of it was intuitive or taken from the X-men..

i guess it depends, i dont think for the most part a powerful TK user will have innate skill.

illadelph12
Tk has little to do with mental prowess, tp is the "my brain is big!!!!" power.

That depends on the application. Moving a book or moving a ball with your mind is likely easy lifting. Disassembling and reassembling a car or some other complex machinery in working order with your mind, on the other hand...

Omega Vision
That depends on the application. Moving a book or moving a ball with your mind is likely easy lifting. Disassembling and reassembling a car or some other complex machinery in working order with your mind, on the other hand...
Changing a piece of gold into a piece of silver atom by atom, molecule by molecule makes reassembling a car look like scratching your ass by comparison...

illadelph12
Alchemy is not the only worthwhile application. It's one of many. I'd try to learn how to control my metabolism first. Once I have that mastered it would give me more time to learn more exotic applications. I'm not the instant gratification type. Telekinetic mastery has a lot of possibilities with patience.

Lunacyde
Telepathy in the real world...it would have great real world applications.

Starscream M
Changing a piece of gold into a piece of silver atom by atom, molecule by molecule makes reassembling a car look like scratching your ass by comparison... laughing out loud

Mindship
Without power level being established...TK, fer shur. Telepathy won't work against nonliving matter; magnetism (strictly speaking) works only on ferrous materials (if you're going to allow molecular manipulation, then that would hold for TK, too); and technopathy...if I understand this right, it's useless w/o tech to manipulate.

StyleTime
As Illadelph stated, the power levels the OP intended could change my answer.

I actually discuss this with my friends every once in a while. In general, I opt for telepathy in the real world. Even at lower levels, it has more readily available benefits than most superpowers honestly.

In comics, I'd probably go with telekinesis though. Having powers in comics basically means combat will find you eventually. As Konton stated, telepathy resistance is fairly common. I'd feel safer with TK. The ability to block gunfire and other assaults would be quite useful.

King Castle
TP to get what i want and know what i want.

TK to kill ppl that i want and get what i want.

Mindset
Tk has little to do with mental prowess, tp is the "my brain is big!!!!" power. Comics would disagree.

Mindset
Originally posted by King Castle
nah, only one i see being true was X man..

b4 then Phoenix had to learn finely tuned exercises.. same for Psylocke and even Rachael.. Cable also practiced a lot and only knew text book knowledge of how high end TK is suppose to work which help facilitate in his powered amp feats...

hmm.. who else?

i guess Exodus has more of a brute TK user as well but he learned pretty quick using his powers in exotic ways.. same for Legion but i think legion was stealing knowledge from his dad and some of it was intuitive or taken from the X-men..

i guess it depends, i dont think for the most part a powerful TK user will have innate skill. They would all need phd level knowledge in multiple fields to perform the feats they do, which they don't have.

King Castle
They would all need phd level knowledge in multiple fields to perform the feats they do, which they don't have. nah, that's like sayin that we all need a medical degree to run our bodies.. some/most of it comes with time and practice also innate knowledge/instinctual.

Mindset
nah, that's like sayin that we all need a medical degree to run our bodies.. some/most of it comes with time and practice also innate knowledge/instinctual. Exactly my point. They have an innate basic knowledge of the world because of their powers, which allows them to manipulate matter w/o having to spend years studying chemistry, etc. They just need to practice their powers.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindship
Without power level being established...TK, fer shur. Telepathy won't work against nonliving matter; magnetism (strictly speaking) works only on ferrous materials (if you're going to allow molecular manipulation, then that would hold for TK, too); and technopathy...if I understand this right, it's useless w/o tech to manipulate.
Strictly speaking, but if you're powerful enough you can go diamagnetic on everyone's asses.
nah, that's like sayin that we all need a medical degree to run our bodies.. some/most of it comes with time and practice also innate knowledge/instinctual.
We don't really "run" our bodies though. The vast majority of our bodies' processes happen without our knowledge or conscious input.

Which is a good thing.

srankmissingnin
Are we actually talking about Magnetism alone as a power or control over Electromagnetism like Magneto has? Because the theoretical implications of control over Electromagnetism are nearly limitless, and far surpasses the limits of the other three.

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Are we actually talking about Magnetism alone as a power or control over Electromagnetism like Magneto has? Because the theoretical implications of control over Electromagnetism are nearly limitless, and far surpasses the limits of the other three. Such as?

What can it do that tk couldn't?

King Castle
mastery of the fundamental nature of the universe at least one of the three forces.

Mindset
So what can it do that tk couldn't?

King Castle
So what can it do that tk couldn't? well aside of innate knowledge of a particular field that is granted by being a magnetic manipulator TK would require extensive practice and is limited by the users willpower, knowledge and understanding for the most part...

Nate Grey can duplicate a few Magnetic power feats from magneto's memories others brain mapping and applying his TK to simulate the feat but it isnt the same as he actually has to focus on a specific act which comes more naturally to the likes of magneto.

Magneto can open wormholes, pick up atmospheric frequencies messages, interact with electronics,.. and if we get down to physics complete mastery of electromagnetics would make one a God and mastery over time and space and just about every particle in the universe.

Mindset
What Mags did you can do with tk.

As for the other part of your post, you are wrong wrong wrong. Also, you are wrong. sneer

Lunacyde
Who is to say as a manipulator of magnetism you get an innate knowledge, as opposed to say TK?

King Castle
Mastery of Magnetism is absurdly powerful..

the poster should have given a power range..

like lvl 3 to 5

in the real world i limit it to 3 power scale for them all.

srankmissingnin
So what can it do that tk couldn't?

I suppose that all depends on current scientific theories like special relativity and QED being right, but assuming they are it would theoretically give Magneto the ability to do almost anything. Control over both space and time, he'd be effectively unstopable.

Mindset
Wouldn't strong/precise enough tk allow you to do pretty much anything?

StyleTime
Nuul giving us some power levels would help end all this Theory Fighter II Turbo stuff.

King Castle
to an extend by it should only go down to the atom at least that is the limit in comics. iirc at least last i read with old natey boy.

then you have reality warping goin subatomic to quantum strings..

Electromagnetism has control of the atom, subatomics

Mindset
Strong enough tk would not be stopped at the atomic level.

King Castle
but nate grey is.. he can only go as far as what he can understand and grasp and it just gets more complicated further down one goes.. its all chaotic.

Mindset
OK, Nate Grey isn't the limit for how strong tk can be, so I don't see how that matters.

King Castle
he is to me... miffed he can crack the planet like an egg, explode a star with a though... etc etc.. ooh yeh, his power is equal to the phoenix force avatar..xman

in comics by the way Magneto struggled with summoning and controlling Atoms back in the 80's.

that might have changed.

srankmissingnin
I suppose the difference is that strong enough tk would give you complete control over mater but - in the real world at least - I don't think you would be able to exert control over electromagnetic energy like light and other radiation. I guess time and space manip would be theoretically possible for a high level tk user but only as a by product of increasing mass to an incredible degree, I'm not sure it could be done in any sort of controlled or intentional manor.... but we are getting why passed my understanding of physics.

King Castle
Nate Grey can manipulate atoms, as well as light particles and bend fold space/time for dimensional travel and phasing..

srankmissingnin
I'm really only addressing the "In the real world" part. TK gives you control over matter, and since photons have no mass they should be outside the area of influence of a TK user in the real world.

King Castle
Photons do have mass and dont all at the same time if you know what i mean..

srankmissingnin
Photons do have mass and dont all at the same time if you know what i mean..

From what I remember they are considered massless with an Astrix that if they were actually completely massless then they shouldn't travel at exactly c in a vacuum... or something.

but we still consider them massless! cool

The Nuul
Since its late in the thread, can I put a cap on the power levels? I am not fond of this atom uber feat stuff. I think is gone past the point moving stuff, reading minds etc..

King Castle
you should have done it in the 1st page now its too late per the rules.

Blair Wind
Does Telepathy include offensive telepathy (mind control, illusions, etc) or things like mentally downloading information or is it more just reading minds?

The Nuul
IMO its all of the above.

StyleTime
Since its late in the thread, can I put a cap on the power levels? I am not fond of this atom uber feat stuff. I think is gone past the point moving stuff, reading minds etc..
I think you can pm them to close it and make a new one.

rotiart
Depending on the level involved... I'd go technopathy if it was Hank henshaw level... I'd be immortal already... And noone in our earth could possibly stop me... Hanks only defeat was recently during those green lantern issues... Ack... And I doubt our earth can pull that off

Mindset
Originally posted by rotiart
Depending on the level involved... I'd go technopathy if it was Hank henshaw level... I'd be immortal already... And noone in our earth could possibly stop me... Hanks only defeat was recently during those green lantern issues... Ack... And I doubt our earth can pull that off Hank doesn't have a human body, you do.

Konton
If you're concerned about insane power levels and the physical world limitations on telepathy, outside of social situations, you could always just (assuming we're getting Emma/Xavier level tp) knock every living creature on the planet into the astral plane and use it to rule as a god.

Parmaniac
Depending on the level involved... I'd go technopathy if it was Hank henshaw level... I'd be immortal already... And noone in our earth could possibly stop me... Hanks only defeat was recently during those green lantern issues... Ack... And I doubt our earth can pull that off We could just switch off electrcity.

StyleTime
Why is everyone on this board a megalomaniac?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StyleTime
Why is everyone on this board a megalomaniac? With great power comes great insanity.

- Uncle Bush
http://www.magazinusa.com/images2/politics/george_w_bush.jpg

King Castle
b/c power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and no one else can do what you can makes it just tops.

also its the best for the planet.

-Pr-

In a comics verse I'd probably take tp.

you watched buffy didnt you.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Parmaniac
With great power comes great insanity.

- Uncle Bush
http://www.magazinusa.com/images2/politics/george_w_bush.jpg
laughing out loud

It is very scary to think of him with any of these powers.

illadelph12
Well, he was The Decider.

SuperMan103
between magnetism and tp.

Lunacyde
I don't see why you guys would want to have godlike power. no thanks, just enough to make my life easy and fun.

Uriel005
^ technopathy then would be most practical. Make yourself rich inventing and come up with an awesome house to live in.

srankmissingnin
laughing out loud

It is very scary to think of him with any of these powers.

I don't know, it almost seemed like he knew those shoes were coming...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-
you watched buffy didnt you.
No actually. I just imagine telepathy working a lot like hearing.

So what can it do that tk couldn't? energy manipulation and energy to mass conversion, etc. are usually outside the scope of telekinetics, although some of them with poorly defined powers seem to display it.

Mindset
Most if not all strong telekinetics can do that.

StyleTime
Well, he was The Decider.
That's true. He doesn't really have a need for those other powers.
Originally posted by Lunacyde
I don't see why you guys would want to have godlike power. no thanks, just enough to make my life easy and fun.
I agree and I wouldn't even mind "godlike". I just don't get the people with the whole "take over the world" mentality. Why assume all that responsibility? When I imagine myself with these powers, I think of the world as it normally is....only with me enjoying a much, much more leisurely lifestyle.

Also, I'd want to make a movie/videogame/tv/comic media franchise based on the posters of KMC.
Originally posted by Uriel005
^ technopathy then would be most practical. Make yourself rich inventing and come up with an awesome house to live in.
I'd still have to pick telepathy. Technopathy seems like too much work for roughly the same ends in this situation. Why build stuff and sell it when you can just have Oprah buy you a new house?
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't know, it almost seemed like he knew those shoes were coming...
He decided that the shoes would be thrown, so he knew to dodge them. He has evolved far past the comprehension of our puny, human minds.

rotiart
Technopathy... Even at low levels... I make ATM machines my slave whenever I hit a casino. :-P

-Pr-
No actually. I just imagine telepathy working a lot like hearing.

spoil-sport.

0mega Spawn
in the real world magnetism because most man made weapons consist of medals so i would WTF PWN everything...in a comic book world telekinesis because i wouldn't want to be punched by the hulk i guess erm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
in the real world magnetism because most man made weapons consist of medals so i would WTF PWN everything...in a comic book world telekinesis because i wouldn't want to be punched by the hulk i guess erm
Telekinesis can manipulate metal as well...

Blair Wind
Technopathy... Even at low levels... I make ATM machines my slave whenever I hit a casino. :-P

thumb up

I think the most practical real world power (assuming there are not other people with super powers and you dont want to be fighting 24/7) is teleportation. If you wanted a life of crime getting into and out of places with valuables would be easy. If you wanted a regular life, you could travel or visit people instantly. If you wanted the superhero life, being able to teleport does give you awesome fighting advantages, lets you get away before the police arrive, AND if your power is advanced enough you could teleport other peoples weapons/bullets/WMD away (ala Spartan 3.0).

Would you be the most powerful? Probably not, which for some people is a detriment, but it would be a wickedly cool power.

Out of this thread I'd probably go with Telepathy assuming that I don't go bat crazy because of it. If I do, then telekinisis.

0mega Spawn
Telekinesis can manipulate metal as well... yea and what do you want me to say id rather telekinesis erm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
yea and what do you want me to say id rather telekinesis erm
Well your reason for wanting magnetism was to manipulate metal. I'm pointing out that tk can manipulate metal and non-metal.

Magnetism just as a means of manipulating ferrous metals is inferior to similarly powerful tk because there's less versatility.

Lunacyde
Why even worry about stealing stuff through teleportation when you can just Jedi Mind trick the Tellers into handing out wads of cash?

rotiart
Somehow I imagine that at "equivalent levels" a magnetism user would be able to move a greater volume of ferrous material than an pure tk user... Do to skill specialization.... Ie maybe 20 lbs vs 5lbs but the tk isn't limited by materials

Omega Vision
Somehow I imagine that at "equivalent levels" a magnetism user would be able to move a greater volume of ferrous material than an pure tk user... Do to skill specialization.... Ie maybe 20 lbs vs 5lbs but the tk isn't limited by materials
Well that's assuming there's a specialist vs generalist distinction going. I don't see why a ferrous metal would be any harder to lift than a non-ferrous metal or other solid of similar mass. It's not like there's much skill involved in lifting, all that matters is raw will and power.

Now if we're talking more sophisticated manipulation like transforming a pile of scrap into a metal statue I can see how a magnetic guy would be more accomplished, but that wouldn't speak to the powers so much as it would to the fact that a pure ferrokinetic would have more experience working with that kind of metal than a general telekinetic.

Assuming equal experience and power tk > pure ferrokinesis.

Now magnetism with all the other fun stuff on the other hand is a much closer competition.

darthgoober
In our world I'd definately want telepathy. I could hit the poker tables for cash and I doubt mind shutdowns would leave any evidence our police could detect.

In comics I'd go for technopathy. If there's one thing in comics there's an abundance of, it's dumb ass villains with high tech gear for me to steal/copy until I'm powerful enough to go after the big guns.

Mindset
Technopathy... Even at low levels... I make ATM machines my slave whenever I hit a casino. :-P You could make an atm give you money with tk if you knew how the machine worked.

Galan007
TK in both.

You could make an atm give you money with tk if you knew how the machine worked. Or you just use TK to deconstruct the ATM machine, and take the money.

Sin I AM
Technopathy all the way...its a power that hasnt been explored to its full potential imo and its the deadliest

Omega Vision
Technopathy in a comics verse maybe. In reality it wouldn't work quite the same, since unlike in fiction land not every machine has a computer processor within it.

King Castle
you just think that b/c you saw sky high and the techno chick on there. stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Technopathy in a comics verse maybe. In reality it wouldn't work quite the same, since unlike in fiction land not every machine has a computer processor within it.

i dont think you understand the power, it would aloow you to manipulate any simple machine whether there is a computer processor or not, something as simple as a toaster over to a nuclear submarine

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i dont think you understand the power, it would aloow you to manipulate any simple machine whether there is a computer processor or not, something as simple as a toaster over to a nuclear submarine
See that's why technopathy is such a dumb power, a human body is as much a machine as is a toaster or a submarine, just made of different bits and pieces and phenomenally more complex. Would technopathy allow manipulation of humans?

Mindset
Except a human body is entirely organic.

Sin I AM
no the concept calls for it to be specifically electronic in nature, sorta a connection with radio waves and computer signals...u simply talk their language and direct them accordingly

King Castle
with a lil magnetism..

technopathy should just be an extension of magnetism.

Omega Vision
Except a human body is entirely organic.
Not my point. If technopathy can work on something like a mechanical toaster then there's no reason it shouldn't work on a human body or hell a rock.
Originally posted by Sin I AM
no the concept calls for it to be specifically electronic in nature, sorta a connection with radio waves and computer signals...u simply talk their language and direct them accordingly
Which isn't a suitable explanation for all technology or even most of it. A toaster for instance (at least the old ones) doesn't have computer chips or processors to interface with.

Galan007
Except a human body is entirely organic. Still has electrical pulses running through it, just like a machine.

Konton
Perhaps carbon ****s with technopathy? lol

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
Perhaps carbon ****s with technopathy? lol
If that's true then any machine made of steel would be immune...

Silent Master
Technopathy, tell the computer to use my numbers for the next 300+ million dollar lottery.

Result, I'm very rich and nobody would be the wiser.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Still has electrical pulses running through it, just like a machine. But organic, unlike a machine.

Omega Vision
But organic, unlike a machine.
Still pointless to this discussion.

How do you categorize/define a machine?

Mindset
Still pointless to this discussion.

How do you categorize/define a machine? Something not organic.

Next question.

Omega Vision
Something not organic.

Next question.
Rock=machine?

Mindset
Rock=machine? What kind of rock?

Omega Vision
What kind of rock?
Igneous I suppose.

StyleTime
You could make an atm give you money with tk if you knew how the machine worked.
Originally posted by Galan007
TK in both.

Or you just use TK to deconstruct the ATM machine, and take the money.
With telepathy, just have someone give you any money you need...

or just have them buy stuff for you.
Why even worry about stealing stuff through teleportation when you can just Jedi Mind trick the Tellers into handing out wads of cash?
Exactly.

Mindset
Igneous I suppose. Does it have moving parts or use energy?

Omega Vision
Does it have moving parts or use energy?
no expression

It's a rock. It does rock things.

Mindset
no expression

It's a rock. It does rock things. What are these things?

Omega Vision
What are these things?
Lay around and wait to be eroded or reshaped by natural processes.

Silent Master
Using TP to get money would take to long, assuming you wanted to remain under the radar.

Mindset
Lay around and wait to be eroded or reshaped by natural processes. Then I suppose it is not in the category of a machine.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Silent Master
Using TP to get money would take to long, assuming you wanted to remain under the radar.
Telepathy is probably the easiest one to remain under the radar with and still quickly get money.

"Go buy me that."
"Give me this."
", buy me a vacation home."
"I want your taco."

I don't see how ripping apart ATM machines is more discreet...

Silent Master

StyleTime
With telepathy any of them would be extremely easy to get close to.

Assuming you even had to go their place of work to begin with...

"Take me to your boss."

Also, I think the winning lotto numbers are generated the night the winner is announced. Asking the computer won't help.

Silent Master
Nope, just ask Google, Bing etc for the info. You wouldn't even have to leave your house.

Or if that is too much trouble, just ask an atm to give you some money.

Omega Vision

Silent Master
You could also ask the nice big corporations computer to transfer you a few million dollars and then erase the record or go to a casino and ask which of the machines are about to pay-out.

Omega Vision
You could also ask the nice big corporations computer to transfer you a few million dollars and then erase the record or go to a casino and ask which of the machines are about to pay-out.
How do you erase the record of a major financial transaction? You'll have to get the money from a bank eventually, and when that happens someone is going to ask questions.

Also your ambitions are incredibly small if all you can think about is using your powers to get money.

Silent Master
Erasing the transaction from the corporations computer means they won't have a way to track where it went.

Omega Vision
Erasing the transaction from the corporations computer means they won't have a way to track where it went.
Except they'll know how much they lost next time they check and when you withdraw that amount at a bank they'll put two and two together.

Silent Master
Why would I withdraw all the money at once and even if I did, how would the corporation find out?

Omega Vision
Why would I withdraw all the money at once and even if I did, how would the corporation find out?
They'd find out because the bank would need to have a record of the transfer of money from the corporation to your bank account. Remeber you're not stealing tangible money so much as numbers in a computer file. If you erase all the evidence you don't get peanuts.

Silent Master
Why would the bank tell them?

StyleTime
Nope, just ask Google, Bing etc for the info. You wouldn't even have to leave your house.

Or if that is too much trouble, just ask an atm to give you some money.
I'm saying the winning numbers don't exist until the exact moment the computer generates them: i.e. when the winning numbers are announced. You'd need to already have a winning ticket then.

Meh, still seems easier to just get people to do it. It's useful basically anywhere. No need to be near an ATM.

You wouldn't have to worry about covering your tracks much with telepathy. Have Oprah give you millions; if questioned, you two are dating.

Silent Master
Same with going to a casino and you wouldn't have to pretend to date Oprah.

Omega Vision
Why would the bank tell them?
Why wouldn't they? Contrary to popular opinion not all bankers are amoral douchebags.

marwash22
why go through all this nonsense when you can just choose telepathy and kindly ask people to give you money.

Silent Master
Why wouldn't they? Contrary to popular opinion not all bankers are amoral douchebags.

Which they would be if they gave out your personal account info without a court order.

Lunacyde
Telepathy could make things pretty easy/fun IMO. Being able to Jedi Mind trick people into giving you free stuff would be tops.

Omega Vision
Which they would be if they gave out your personal account info without a court order.
I don't know if those rules apply when you've stolen money.

Silent Master
I don't know if those rules apply when you've stolen money.

How would the bank know it was stolen?

marwash22
Telepathy could make things pretty easy/fun IMO. Being able to Jedi Mind trick people into giving you free stuff would be tops. exactly. you would have no need to work or do anything really.

Walk into a bank and ask for money.
Walk into a clothing store, pick what you like and ask for a 100% discount.
Walk into a restaurant, eat and convince the staff you own the joint.

repeat with pretty much anything.

Omega Vision
How would the bank know it was stolen?
They'll know the money comes from the corporation. The corporation will report theft. Someone's neurons will fire.

StyleTime
Originally posted by marwash22
exactly. you would have no need to work or do anything really.

Walk into a bank and ask for money.
Walk into a clothing store, pick what you like and ask for a 100% discount.
Walk into a restaurant, eat and convince the staff you own the joint.

repeat with pretty much anything.
Yep, that's what I've been saying this whole time. You can do alot of things with any of these powers, but telepathy is probably the easiest. You don't really even have to plan anything out.

The only drawback would be if you got one of the "unwanted noise" interpretations of telepathy.

Silent Master
Big corporations make thousands of transactions a day, why would the bank think I stole the money?

marwash22
Yep, that's what I've been saying this whole time. You can do alot of things with any of these powers, but telepathy is probably the easiest. You don't really even have to plan anything out.

The only drawback would be if you got one of the "unwanted noise" interpretations of telepathy. even then, in every form of media i've ever seen that type of telepathy manifest, all it takes is practice/training to learn how to block out the unwanted thoughts/sounds.

Telepathy is the way to go, imo.

Omega Vision
Big corporations make thousands of transactions a day, why would the bank think I stole the money?
I'm assuming your plan is to steal a massive amount.

Big corporations don't make large transactions to private individuals every day.

If your scheme is to make big bucks and nothing grander than that then telepathy is better than technopathy.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>