Ares The God of War(DC) Vs. Thanos The Mad Titan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
CIS, PIS, and jobbing are off.

supremthor
ares 8/10 he has more raw power at his disposal and his armor protects him from all attacks plus his currently also the god of death so yeah thanos goes down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by supremthor
ares 8/10 he has more raw power at his disposal and his armor protects him from all attacks plus his currently also the god of death so yeah thanos goes down. Being the god of death means what? He was recently killed off by WW. He's never taken out anyone even close to Thanos' level. Cronus also easily wrecked Ares. Ares is nowhere close to Thanos' level despite his lofty titles.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by quanchi112
Being the god of death means what? He was recently killed off by WW. He's never taken out anyone even close to Thanos' level. Cronus also easily wrecked Ares. Ares is nowhere close to Thanos' level despite his lofty titles. cronus may be the most powerful earth god there is.

carver9
WTF, this is a none fight. Thanos wins this in one panel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
cronus may be the most powerful earth god there is. He was definitely more powerful than Ares. Ares was also bested by WW though. Thanos eats top tiers for breakfast.

kevdude
He does seem to have a alterier motive tho,. Btw Thanos

Q99
Being the god of death means what? He was recently killed off by WW.

He had lost a lot between claiming Hades and being killed. The gods were at a reduced state due to intervening events involving the Apokolitians.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
He had lost a lot between claiming Hades and being killed. The gods were at a reduced state due to intervening events involving the Apokolitians. Ok. My point is even at his best he just doesn't stand up to Thanos. He was no better off against the other war god in war of the gods. Can't remember his name. Thanos has taken on much more powerful characters and done better. Cronus defeated Ares like he was a complete joke while Odin failed to put Thanos down and had more than enough time to do so.

Q99
Yea, I can see that. I think it'd be a fight but you've convinced me.

iceman24567
Ares wins

Colossus-Big C
any one has scans of ares feats?
like energy manip, magic etc?

kevdude
He has a Respect thread to check Colos

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by kevdude
He has a Respect thread to check Colos theres one for marvel ares. this is DC ares...

kevdude
theres one for marvel ares. this is DC ares...

DC Ares has a respect thread as well. cool

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Ares wins Care to explain?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
WTF, this is a none fight. Thanos wins this in one panel.

In one panel?

manx422
Ares The God of War

supremthor
what can thanos do to ares? he cant kill him or bfr him.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by manx422
Ares The God of War

thumb up

Cartesian Doubt
Has Ares ever been hurt by anyone who hasn't got Divine powers of some kind ? Just a question not insinuating anything, I was just under the impression that the D.C. Olympian gods couldn't be hurt by anything that was not of divine origin ?

Kris Blaze
Not sure if it's divine origin, but magic at least.

quanchi112
what can thanos do to ares? he cant kill him or bfr him. Why can't he?

supremthor
in order for thanos to defeat ares he would need prep, Ares can teleport anywhere he wants, can summon the dead, His armor is virtually indestructible plus his over the top invulnerability with out, and even if thanos is able to hurt him he can regenerate his physical being into any form he wishes.

quanchi112
in order for thanos to defeat ares he would need prep, Ares can teleport anywhere he wants, can summon the dead, His armor is virtually indestructible plus his over the top invulnerability with out, and even if thanos is able to hurt him he can regenerate his physical being into any form he wishes. All claims you cannot back up.

Cronus defeated him easily. Thanos stomps him.

Omega Vision
All claims you cannot back up.

Cronus defeated him easily. Thanos stomps him.
I'm fairly certain Cronus>Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm fairly certain Cronus>Thanos. The point is Cronus treated ares like a child. I think the evidence backs Thanos against cronus to boot.

Omega Vision
The point is Cronus treated ares like a child. I think the evidence backs Thanos against cronus to boot.
How so?

iceman24567
I'm fairly certain Cronus>Thanos. Yes he had the power of the godwave.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yes he had the power of the godwave.
Oh that Cronus? Yeah Thanos wouldn't even be a speck to him. He actually touched the Presence briefly.

iceman24567
Thanos would get demolished probably worse than Ares

quanchi112
How so? How so?Originally posted by iceman24567
Yes he had the power of the godwave. Not so. This was before he amped himself through the godwave. if you read the story you'd know that.

Oh that Cronus? Yeah Thanos wouldn't even be a speck to him. He actually touched the Presence briefly. Context. you haven't read the story and are going by iceman's opinion which isn't what happened in WW.

Thanos stomps.

Colossus-Big C
Cronus>>>Zeus>>>Ares

and ares is considered to be as powerful as marvels odin.
and we know what happend to thanos cool

galactusischere
Cronus>>>Zeus>>>Ares

and we know what happend to thanos cool

Cronus is more powerful than Zeus?? No way.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by galactusischere
Cronus is more powerful than Zeus?? No way. far more powerful. it took him hades a posieden thousands of years of planing to overtake him. they cant kill him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos.

guy222
hey batman-prime

smile

King Kandy
Oh that Cronus? Yeah Thanos wouldn't even be a speck to him. He actually touched the Presence briefly.
Meanwhile Thanos actually became TOAA for several issues.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by guy222
hey batman-prime

smile

Hallo my friend how are you? Nice sig btw. Is that an LT toy in the background? smile

quanchi112
Cronus>>>Zeus>>>Ares

and we know what happend to thanos cool Ares isn't anywhere near Thanos or Odin.Originally posted by galactusischere
Cronus is more powerful than Zeus?? No way. Dc's zeus.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Meanwhile Thanos actually became TOAA for several issues.
That's neither here nor there. Quan made the lulworthy statement that because Cronus with the Godwave owned Ares that somehow equates to regular Thanos being able to do the same as if they were equals.

Also on the subject of the HOTU does anyone have the scan where Thor summons all the heroes to combat Thanos? I can't remember if he had a beard or not and its been bugging the hell out of me.

quanchi112
That's neither here nor there. Quan made the lulworthy statement that because Cronus with the Godwave owned Ares that somehow equates to regular Thanos being able to do the same as if they were equals.

Also on the subject of the HOTU does anyone have the scan where Thor summons all the heroes to combat Thanos? I can't remember if he had a beard or not and its been bugging the hell out of me. False. he didn't amp himself at all until he defeated this pantheon. That sickle's always been his weapon of choice and he easily owned Ares in combat preamp.

comicfan11
DC Ares rather easy

quanchi112
Originally posted by comicfan11
DC Ares rather easy How? He's been utterly stomped by Cronus and stalemated that other war god in war of the gods. What basis do you have for saying he wins and easily?

kevdude
How? He's been utterly stomped by Cronus and stalemated that other war god in war of the gods. What basis do you have for saying he wins and easily?

Wasn't Ares weakened during that fight with Mars?? I'll have to reread War of the Gods again, been awhile.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Wasn't Ares weakened during that fight with Mars?? I'll have to reread War of the Gods again, been awhile. Not that I recall. Two war gods stalemating isn't out of order.

Prep-Man
Ares.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Ares. Based on what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.