Taskmaster vs Spider-Man (no webbing)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Fight in a city.

Who wins?

masterpiece
Spider-man for sure.

The Nuul
You've been here since 07....who the Hell are you? huh

AlmightyKfish
Depends on Spidy's state of mind, going by comic evidence.

I mean, as much as it seems Spidy should win, the times he's gone up against Tasky he's basically been countered at every move.

Except, when he thought Tasky had got MJ, and was no holding back at all, smashing Tasky through the floor, Tasky only except by igniting an ammo dump and filling the room with bullets.

namorsubby
spidey

Q99
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

I mean, as much as it seems Spidy should win, the times he's gone up against Tasky he's basically been countered at every move.

I have a hypothesis on Spidey vs top-tier martial artists: While his Spider-sense always tells him the next move, someone good enough, and by that I mean *incredibly* good types, normally are planning many moves ahead, so they've actually got his spider-sense reaction figured in to their attacks and defenses and thus can plan ahead enough to get him to run into their hits. His defense, normally his best area, is greatly less effective.

Daredevil, Capt, Shang-Chi, Taskmaster, and their like bear this out, as they do way better against Spider-man than they should, pretty much stalemating him at times (and that includes versus 'fighting serious' Spidey, though not "flipped out MJ in danger Spidey).

namorsubby
the notion that spidey always does bad against highly skilled street-leverlers is largely a myth, and frankly, statistically irrational.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Q99
I have a hypothesis on Spidey vs top-tier martial artists: While his Spider-sense always tells him the next move, someone good enough, and by that I mean *incredibly* good types, normally are planning many moves ahead, so they've actually got his spider-sense reaction figured in to their attacks and defenses and thus can plan ahead enough to get him to run into their hits. His defense, normally his best area, is greatly less effective.

Daredevil, Capt, Shang-Chi, Taskmaster, and their like bear this out, as they do way better against Spider-man than they should, pretty much stalemating him at times (and that includes versus 'fighting serious' Spidey, though not "flipped out MJ in danger Spidey).
How do you plan for that though? Maybe if they know how he's going to dodge something, but in theory if they try to attack him while he's dodging he should be warned about that too.

carver9
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
How do you plan for that though? Maybe if they know how he's going to dodge something, but in theory if they try to attack him while he's dodging he should be warned about that too.

Look at the latest Capt vs Spiderman fight. Capt was ahead of Spiderman throughout the entire fight.

Parmaniac
Depends on Spidy's state of mind, going by comic evidence.

Except, when he thought Tasky had got MJ, and was no holding back at all, smashing Tasky through the floor, Tasky only except by igniting an ammo dump and filling the room with bullets.

wrong, or tell me all of their encounters (issue numbers)

Wild Shadow
Tasmaster if he has learned a single incapacitation nerve attack from his combat videos

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by carver9
Look at the latest Capt vs Spiderman fight. Capt was ahead of Spiderman throughout the entire fight.
That didn't make any sense, considering the fact that Spidey can throw 10-ton punches and kicks in a CIS/PIS-free environment.

Wild Shadow
and they were all blocked with a shield that makes strength pointless

Tha C-Master
Civil War? If so Spiderman did hit him, not to mention he was wearing a bullet proof suit. Or the speed, or webbing, precog, etc.

Wild Shadow
Cap should have crushed Petey's hand like he did UsAgent...

Pezmerga
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
and they were all blocked with a shield that makes strength pointless

How does a shield make em pointless? The force would still matter.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Pezmerga
How does a shield make em pointless? The force would still matter.

not to a vibe/steel shield stick out tongue

that is the whole point of the shield

Lostedge
Taskmaster would probably win, if he had 10k strength. He can not mimic spider-mans strength feats

Wild Shadow
taskmasters shield bash should help him ko the spider since strength and durability arent suppose to go hand in hand with him,..........

SamZED
spidey if he's going all out. Peak human ma fighters like dd were shown to be able to hang with him and even beat a holding back parker. Not so when he's pissed.

Q99
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

He's warned of that, but then they've already planned for and are throwing the attack to hit where he's dodging for that one too, or he's simply already committed to dodging the first.

I mean, he still wins in the end due to physical stats, but if a fighter can take the spider-sense into account, they can get him to go into 'traps'.

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
He's warned of that, but then they've already planned for and are throwing the attack to hit where he's dodging for that one too, or he's simply already committed to dodging the first.

I mean, he still wins in the end due to physical stats, but if a fighter can take the spider-sense into account, they can get him to go into 'traps'. That shouldn't be the case concidering his quickness, I only see him getting hit when he's the one charging headfirst at the opponent opening himself for the attack, but if he's the one dodging no matter what traps they set up the fact that he's faster and knows of the coming attack should be enough for him to dodge it. That is if no PIS no CIS ofcourse, because Parker can get sloppy or distracted sometimes.

Tha C-Master
Cap should have crushed Petey's hand like he did UsAgent... Except Spiderman's much stronger... confused

Originally posted by SamZED
spidey if he's going all out. Peak human ma fighters like dd were shown to be able to hang with him and even beat a holding back parker. Not so when he's pissed. DD didn't fare quite well then though.

SamZED
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Except Spiderman's much stronger... confused

DD didn't fare quite well then though. I think he stalemated a mindcontroled Pete twice and once tied him up to a pole. Then there was the time when he pissed Parker off before starting the fight, took Parker one lazy punch to knock Matt out.

Q99
There is a wide gap between "normal Spider-man fighting (even basically fighting seriously)" and "all-out Spider-man fighting".

SamZED
^True.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by The Nuul
You've been here since 07....who the Hell are you? huh I me? How long Have I been here?...Please!!!..... eek!

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Q99
There is a wide gap between "normal Spider-man fighting (even basically fighting seriously)" and "all-out Spider-man fighting".

true normal Spider-man wins, "all-out-Spidey" totally destroys him smile

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by SamZED
I think he stalemated a mindcontroled Pete twice and once tied him up to a pole. Then there was the time when he pissed Parker off before starting the fight, took Parker one lazy punch to knock Matt out. The mindcontrol is what I'm talking about at the circus where he clearly says that Spiderman can pretty much knock his head off.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Parmaniac
true normal Spider-man wins, "all-out-Spidey" totally destroys him smile

thumb up

AlmightyKfish
wrong, or tell me all of their encounters (issue numbers)

Marvel Team Up #103- Tasky Ko's Spidy first fight, later Spiderman attacks him again, Tasky counters Spidy easily and then gets away.

Marvel Team Up #146 - Tasky and Spidey fight for two panels, Spidey doesn't land a single hit and Tasky gets away.

Amazing Spiderman #308 - Spiderman thinks Tasky has taken MJ, and is enraged and not pulling his punches, and pretty much owns Tasky until T detonates a shit load of ammo and runs away.

Parmaniac
Marvel Team Up #103- Tasky Ko's Spidy first fight, later Spiderman attacks him again, Tasky counters Spidy easily and then gets away.

Marvel Team Up #146 - Tasky and Spidey fight for two panels, Spidey doesn't land a single hit and Tasky gets away.

Amazing Spiderman #308 - Spiderman thinks Tasky has taken MJ, and is enraged and not pulling his punches, and pretty much owns Tasky until T detonates a shit load of ammo and runs away.

Thanks for the Marvel team up issue numbers they were missing in my encounter list the ASM 308 thing was strongly in Spidey's favor plus he fought him in Amazing Spider-man 367, after Spider-man defeated 3 of his trainies, Taskmaster fleds.

Just going from your desrciption it sounds like Taskmaster was avoiding him in MTU 146 and then ran away, have to check it though

AlmightyKfish
All of the fights are in The Taskmaster Respect thread I made-
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t517134.html

BUSTER1
No Pis means Tasky gets his head kicked in.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by BUSTER1
No Pis means Tasky gets his head kicked in.

no that would be no CIS in order for pete to hit that hard..... no pis is taskmaster just shooting him dead up close with no maneuverability cool

Mindset
no pis is taskmaster just shooting him dead up close with no maneuverability cool I don't think you know what pis is.

BUSTER1
no that would be no CIS in order for pete to hit that hard..... no pis is taskmaster just shooting him dead up close with no maneuverability cool

With his strength Pete doesn't have to hit at full power to KO TM.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Q99

I mean, he still wins in the end due to physical stats, but if a fighter can take the spider-sense into account, they can get him to go into 'traps'.
But on paper, he should be warned of the two attacks and be dodging a different way to avoid the attack on the way his opponent thinks he's going to dodge. The fault seems to lie in his spider-sense. That after so long it's still so unrefined.

namorsubby
he still has superhuman speed/agility, so he can still dodge point blank gunfire.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by namorsubby
he still has superhuman speed/agility, so he can still dodge point blank gunfire.

he cant if he is in the middle of an attack or already committed himself to another dodge... wink

namorsubby
so what you're saying is tasky is gonna be able to shoot spidey while is is still occupied with taking another action.......in other words, he'll outmaneuver him?

h1a8
No marvel street leveler human can even win 1/10 over Spidey no matter how skilled they are. CA fight against Spidey can not be used since it contradicts what will really happen. Popularity played a huge role in that fight (as well as the sake of the story or PIS)

Wild Shadow
can we use what DD has done to spidey or Ironfist or taskmaster?

h1a8
No.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by h1a8
No.

what about red skull or kingpin or Punisher?

Kasper Gutman
Taskmaster 9/10 and that's being generous. TM has dominated Spidey over and over and even when Spidey has gotten the upper hand briefly with strength or going all out Tm has countered it each time. Plus he's one of the few opponents who has more moxy. Moxy=usually wins in Marvel.

Mindset
The only time Spiderman was going all out he easily beat TM, what are you talking about?

Parmaniac
No but we can use deers smile

BUSTER1
he cant if he is in the middle of an attack or already committed himself to another dodge... wink

What.... you mean like when he doges automatic machine gun fire, lasers etc........ coming from different directions and stills gets his attack (kicks and punches) in??

Parmaniac
How do I thumbnail pictures?

SamZED
can we use what DD has done to spidey or Ironfist or taskmaster? Depends on which fights you're talking about..wink DD and TM didn't do well against POed Parker. Same goes for Punisher, Kingpin and Bullseye. He never fought IF while being really pissed but still won twice.

Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Taskmaster 9/10 and that's being generous. TM has dominated Spidey over and over and even when Spidey has gotten the upper hand briefly with strength or going all out Tm has countered it each time. Plus he's one of the few opponents who has more moxy. Moxy=usually wins in Marvel. What the f**k?What the f**k?What the f**k? Seriously...

khazra
punisher, kraven, daredevil, cap*, hammerhead, foreigner and taskmaster previously all have done fine or even beaten spiderman. I dont see how the skilled people doing well aginst spidey is an internet myth?

With his BND powerdown tasky takes a majority. If we were talking post other spidey we'd be in a different scenario.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by khazra
punisher, kraven, daredevil, cap*, hammerhead, foreigner and taskmaster previously all have done fine or even beaten spiderman. I dont see how the skilled people doing well aginst spidey is an internet myth?

With his BND powerdown tasky takes a majority. If we were talking post other spidey we'd be in a different scenario.

Classic Spiderman (which is the power level post BND Spidey is at) beat Firelord. Lets see TM beat that.

But seriously, Spiderman was always evenly matched against Puma, who was both trained in martial arts AND was on a par with Spidey in superhuman stats

SamZED
Originally posted by khazra

With his BND powerdown tasky takes a majority. If we were talking post other spidey we'd be in a different scenario. Recently Spider-man beat a new improved Hamerhead that was made outta adamantium, had his skills + super strength and durability, Spider-man humiliated Kraven several times in the past, to the point where Kraven was like "ZOMG noone possibly can move so fast!!!", beat Daredevil with a punch, beat Taskmaster with a slap (he had to run away), beat Bullseye within a second after being tortured for hours, defeated IronFist twice thanks to his skills, humiliated Kingpin. So yeah, that's a myth. There are several examples of him being matched and even beaten by skilled people but that usually involves him holding back big time.

Mshinu
Tasky hits fast forward button and kombos to KO stick out tongue

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Mshinu
Tasky hits fast forward button and kombos to KO stick out tongue

Spiderman, with his superior speed, counters the combo and ends it with 1 punch

END OF THREAD

h1a8

Nope!

Wild Shadow
Nope!

black cat, gambit, vulture, vermin, ect etc...

h1a8
black cat, gambit, vulture, vermin, ect etc...

I don't know who vermin is. But the rest is a no.

psycho gundam
No marvel street leveler human can even win 1/10 over Spidey no matter how skilled they are. CA fight against Spidey can not be used since it contradicts what will really happen. Popularity played a huge role in that fight (as well as the sake of the story or PIS) stfu

Wild Shadow
seriously for a comic character that has such a large track record their sure are a lot of fans that claim he cant be hit and his comic history from day one is all pis.... angel

SamZED
Noone says he's unittable, but we go by high showings on the forum, otherwise in a Wolverine vs Hulk thread poeple could bring up that Wolverine can get overpowered by a gorilla as an argument, and Spider-man's best speed showings suggest that someone like Rhino or Punisher shouldn't be able to hit him.

Parmaniac
funny that a lot of people take every single loss and want to take it into account while they treat their favorite as an unbeatable master MA (I'm not talking about TM) despite the fact that he is 90% of the time portrait to fight like a drunken lumberjack...

and unless someone can post more fights between Taskmaster and Spidey, cause at this point it is 50/50 (AlmightyKfish posted 3 and I 1 fight/s) they should stop claim that his record is as good as they want it to be...

Bentley
funny that a lot of people take every single loss and want to take it into account while they treat their favorite as an unbeatable master MA (I'm not talking about TM) despite the fact that he is 90% of the time portrait to fight like a drunken lumberjack...

So you're talking about Wolverine? big grin

the ninjak
Spiderman can dodge anything thrown at him its just that sometimes he makes the wrong calculation. Like being a good guitarist but on off occasions playing a chord wrong.
But just because you can dodge anything does'nt mean you can hit anything!
TM would just wait until Peter makes his strike then take an arm off.
Spidey's game is Avoid, Web then strike. Take out the web = win for Taskmaster

Tha C-Master

and unless someone can post more fights between Taskmaster and Spidey, cause at this point it is 50/50 (AlmightyKfish posted 3 and I 1 fight/s) they should stop claim that his record is as good as they want it to be... Lol drunken lumberjack.

Wild Shadow

and unless someone can post more fights between Taskmaster and Spidey, cause at this point it is 50/50 (AlmightyKfish posted 3 and I 1 fight/s) they should stop claim that his record is as good as they want it to be...

look the only reason my favorite guy loses is b/c of his insanity and him not taking it seriously... if he was serious he blow up the spider/captain america/batman all at the same time and crawl out of the debri with a slight cinch ftw. while he removes his now destroyed explosive harness and bodyslides home to watch B. Aurthur and the golden girls.

BUSTER1
I've said it before and I'll say it again-in my opinion TM gets beaten to a bloody pulp.

Parmaniac
look the only reason my favorite guy loses is b/c of his insanity and him not taking it seriously... that's a pretty lame excuse tbh erm

Wild Shadow
that's a pretty lame excuse tbh erm

but i also factor in his cis unlike some other ppl....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

h1a8
seriously for a comic character that has such a large track record their sure are a lot of fans that claim he cant be hit and his comic history from day one is all pis.... angel

Think about it. If you created a character that was fast as or faster than bullets and had pre-cog abilities then it would be very very hard (probably impossible) to create enough adversity where there is a decent chance of losing but simultaneously decent chances of winning as well.

Second, by the mere fact that it is UNDERSTOOD that Spidey is a supreme bullet dodger by the millions of bullets he dodged in his career.

Finally, characters here are to fight at the best of their abilities. That means nothing under bullet speed will hit Spidey.

In conclusion, if Spidey get's hit by slow moving attacks then it is PIS by both statistical means and theoretical ones. And it isn't allowed anyway since it breaks the rule 'Characters must fight to the best of their abilities.'

Parmaniac
but i also factor in his cis unlike some other ppl....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's not making jokes nor going insane

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4523/agilitygetstaggedbyninj.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5230/clawsfailtocut1wolverin.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9819/clawsfailtocut2wolverin.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7087/invincibleironmanv4012p.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4513/overpoweredpinneddown1x.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5576/overpoweredpinneddown2x.jpg

So how is it possible that noone got blitzed or nerve striked?

Wild Shadow
He's not making jokes nor going insane

So how is it possible that noone got blitzed or nerve striked?

i think you have me confused with who is my favorite hero?

also like i said i factor in CIS and entire history to the character... when i make a choice in a forum battle.... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.