Darkseid vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uxas Khan
No pis/cis

Who wins

manx422
Darkseid

kevdude
Darkseid does..

Batman-Prime
Darkseid

Kris Blaze
Darkseid uses more than one ****ing power at a time and hammers Superman with some mean psi-bolts while unleashing the omega beams. No way Superman would be able to do his "dodging" then.

Omega Vision
Darkseid stomps. Superman is simply not on his level at all. Him winning is always a case of serious PIS/CIS.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Uxas Khan
No pis/cis

Poor Supes

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Darkseid uses more than one ****ing power at a time and hammers Superman with some mean psi-bolts while unleashing the omega beams. No way Superman would be able to do his "dodging" then.
Or the lulworthy blocking them with heat vision.

Philosophía
Superman.

Omega Vision

Kris Blaze
Someone's not familiar with the combo to KO principle.

Omega Vision
One day I'd like to see H1A8 write a detailed essay explaining exactly wtf that means. I think I know what its supposed to mean but I'm not sure.

The Nuul

thumb up

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Omega Vision
One day I'd like to see H1A8 write a detailed essay explaining exactly wtf that means. I think I know what its supposed to mean but I'm not sure.
Let me lay down some math for you here.

Superspeed + super strength = death irregardless of abilities/power level

Starscream M

Superspeed + super strength = death irregardless of abilities/power level you're misinterpreting it.

The Nuul

Superspeed + super strength = death irregardless of abilities/power level

Dont forget the red S on the chest.

Philosophía
With respect how does a PIS/CIS free Darkseid fail to defeat Superman with his OE or myriad other powers? Without CIS it won't degenerate into a slugfest which is really the only chance Superman has at winning.
He plows through every one of them and then physically beats him down, like he always does. smile

Omega Vision

Galan007
Imo, if Superman were in the same mindset he was in during "Superman/Batman" #13, he'd win every single time... Though I am also of the opinion that you could have put pretty much anyone in front of Superman at that point, and he would have crushed them.

A pissed off Supes is a very dangerous fella. smile

Batman-Prime
^as dangerous as SBP? biscuits

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Imo, if Superman were in the same mindset he was in during "Superman/Batman" #13, he'd win every single time... Though I am also of the opinion that you could have put pretty much anyone in front of Superman at that point, and he would have crushed them.

Yes but so is a competent no-CIS Darkseid, a person that hasn't been seen all that much since the Crisis.

Galan007
^ Not debating that. Like I said, it's just my opinion that if Supes were fighting to the aforementioned standard, he'd steamroll through Darky.

Kris Blaze

Yeah.

He's got that incredible super strength and speed.

Omega Vision
^ Not debating that. Like I said, it's just my opinion that if Supes were fighting to the aforementioned standard, he'd steamroll through Darky.
A pissed off Superman is powered by Midwest American Morality and Walking Tall-style righteous fury. He'd kick the Living Tribunal's ass while giving him a speech about how Pa Kent once showed him the proper way how to fix a tractor and how that somehow proves that abortion is morally wrong.

Galan007
^ That's why he's the f*cking man. wink

batdude123
Darkseid stomps. Superman is simply not on his level at all. Him winning is always a case of serious PIS/CIS.

QsogswrH6ck

carver9
Superman wins this 8/10. He has proven on two many of occasion that he can bi*** slap darkseid on any given day.

I use to believe that it was pis/cis but it has happened so many times that you basically have to accept the truth.

Badabing
Ah, so Superman won't be in boyscout mode and holding back plus using all his powers to their fullest. Cool.

Superman wtfspeedblitzes DS into pained pwnage.

superdur

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Badabing
Ah, so Superman won't be in boyscout mode and holding back plus using all his powers to their fullest. Cool.

Superman wtfspeedblitzes DS into pained pwnage.

superdur
No PIS Omega Beams are faster than any speedblitz. Plus he could probably just siphon the solar energy right out of Clark's body, if he depowered Secret I don't see why he can't depower Superman.

Badabing
No PIS Omega Beams are faster than any speedblitz. No CIS Supes means omega beams miss him by default. sneer

Omega Vision
No CIS Supes means omega beams miss him by default. sneer
But no CIS Darkseid means he aims for real. sneer

Nihilist
Darkseid .

Badabing
But no CIS Darkseid means he aims for real. sneer mmm

Nuh uh! uhuh

Omega Vision
mmm

Nuh uh! uhuh
Yeah-huh!
uhuh

Omega Vision
Is it sad that this is actually pretty mature for a KMC debate?

carver9
Superman 8/10

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carver9
Superman 8/10
Silence fool!

Badabing
Is it sad that this is actually pretty mature for a KMC debate? Right? laughing out loud

People get waaaaay to wrapped up in some of these debates. You get people who ignore and lowball feats or just don't know about the characters. I always found it easier to just dur people. stick out tongue

Galan007
^ I've got your 'lowballs'. biscuits

Omega Vision
^ I've got your 'lowballs'. biscuits
You're a potty-mouth! stick out tongue

quanchi112
Superman wins. If people want to ignore the comics and rig the fight for Ds then that's pretty much the only way he is taking a majority here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Uxas Khan
No pis/cis

I think most will argue that the above rule benefits Seid more than it would Superman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think most will argue that the above rule benefits Seid more than it would Superman. How so?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
How so?

Without the limitations of PIS/CIS, Darkseid would have crushed Superman a long ass time ago, imo.

quanchi112
Without the limitations of PIS/CIS, Darkseid would have crushed Superman a long ass time ago, imo. Supes is fast enough to block/dodge the omega effect and that's always been darkseid's only real advantage. When they go toe to toe Supes will always break him.

iceman24567
Darkseid rips the S off Clarks chest then kills him

Omega Vision
Supes is fast enough to block/dodge the omega effect and that's always been darkseid's only real advantage. When they go toe to toe Supes will always break him.
The part about no CIS/PIS is that without those the OE should NEVER MISS OR FAIL. That's in Darkseid's basic character description, he looks at you and unless you're a skyfather or above you die.
No CIS/PIS Darkseid can mind-rape Superman, time-travel, teleport Supes into a black hole, erase him with the OE, transmute him into salt.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Darkseid rips the S off Clarks chest then kills him Not. Gonna. Happen. More like ds begging for mercy and swearing Superman to a pinkie promise.

The part about no CIS/PIS is that without those the OE should NEVER MISS OR FAIL. That's in Darkseid's basic character description, he looks at you and unless you're a skyfather or above you die.
No CIS/PIS Darkseid can mind-rape Superman, time-travel, teleport Supes into a black hole, erase him with the OE, transmute him into salt. Supes can deflect it though and evade it. A writer has also stated supes would persevere through it if it were to hit him.

Omega Vision
Not. Gonna. Happen. More like ds begging for mercy and swearing Superman to a pinkie promise.

Supes can deflect it though and evade it. A writer has also stated supes would persevere through it if it were to hit him.
**** that writer. Darkseid's bio makes it clear that such bullshit should never happen.
You're operating as if it doesn't say no CIS/PIS when it clearly does. But what can one expect from a Darkseid hater?

quanchi112
**** that writer. Darkseid's bio makes it clear that such bullshit should never happen.
You're operating as if it doesn't say no CIS/PIS when it clearly does. But what can one expect from a Darkseid hater? Comic piss all over your bio. My point is comics and a writer backs me up. You can choose to deny what happens in the comics till your blue in the face. It makes you biased while I live in reality.

Omega Vision
Comic piss all over your bio. My point is comics and a writer backs me up. You can choose to deny what happens in the comics till your blue in the face. It makes you biased while I live in reality.
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Comics are never infallible and such things as PIS and CIS exist though you don't ever acknowledge that.

-K-M-
Superman wins. If people want to ignore the comics and rig the fight for Ds then that's pretty much the only way he is taking a majority here.

If we go by comics DS has looked better in the showings between him and Superman then the other way around.

quanchi112
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Comics are never infallible and such things as PIS and CIS exist though you don't ever acknowledge that. You're picking and choosing what counts and what doesn't count meaning you are rigging it for one side.

King Kandy
Superman wins. He has proven he can pound in DS's face and that the vaunted OE cannot hurt him as he has dodged it and deflected it many times.

JakeTheBank
I just don't see how a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Superman can take down a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Darkseid.

King Kandy
I just don't see how a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Superman can take down a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Darkseid.
By punching him in the face until he dies.

-K-M-
Originally posted by King Kandy
He has proven he can pound in DS's face and that the vaunted OE cannot hurt him as he has dodged it and deflected it many times.

*facepalm*

quanchi112
I just don't see how a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Superman can take down a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Darkseid. Speed and hv.

JakeTheBank
Again, I just don't see how a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Superman can take down a non jobbing PIS/CIS off Darkseid.

Omega Vision
Superman wins. He has proven he can pound in DS's face and that the vaunted OE cannot hurt him as he has dodged it and deflected it many times.
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/frusty.gif
Read the ****ing opening post. You're describing PIS.

Badabing
How will Supes beat Thanos Quan?Originally posted by quanchi112
Speed and hv. thumb up

quanchi112
How will Supes beat Thanos Quan? thumb up Send up a flare for Mistress death.

-K-M-
Send up a flare for Mistress death.

FYI, Thanos is returning soon in Guardians of the Galaxy

King Kandy
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/frusty.gif
Read the ****ing opening post. You're describing PIS.
No i'm describing something that consistently happens many times when they fight. That's not PIS, that's an established capability of supes.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -K-M-
FYI, Thanos is returning soon in Guardians of the Galaxy
And Quan's South has Risen again.

JakeTheBank
And Quan's South has Risen again.

sick

Omega Vision
No i'm describing something that consistently happens many times when they fight. That's not PIS, that's an established capability of supes.
And the OE is supposed to never miss and erase its target.

King Kandy
And yet, it has been proven to not be so.

-K-M-

No it doesn't actually. erm

There is far more times the OE hitting and hurting Superman then not.

King Kandy
No it doesn't actually. erm

There is far more times the OE hitting and hurting Superman then not.
And yet, it's never auto-erased him like claimed.

Nihilist
Darkseid.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nihilist
Dorkseid. thumb up

-K-M-

Because he hasn't used the full omega effect, just the Omega Blasts which are different.

This is pretty much how I see it even on New Earth*
1. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/SupBatGen3-010-21.jpg
2. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/SupBatGen3-010-22.jpg

*From Superman/Batman Generations

Omega Vision
Because a PIS character shield protects DC's Golden Boy.

King Kandy
Because a PIS character shield protects DC's Golden Boy.
It's not PIS, it's a capability he's shown more than once and due to his unique nature in the universe.

Omega Vision
It's not PIS, it's a capability he's shown more than once and due to his unique nature in the universe.
Yeah that's what I said, a PIS character shield. That's pretty damn unique. Its the only other force in comics that can match Doom's ego. I say "match" because the Batkick beats both.

quanchi112
FYI, Thanos is returning soon in Guardians of the Galaxy Ah, thanks. I did not know this. Have a link? I don't peruse other sites and only hit up links when I see them on boards.

to tell you the truth I wanted him to stay dead for a while. Less is better imo.Originally posted by Omega Vision
And Quan's South has Risen again. I am Thanos.Originally posted by Omega Vision
And the OE is supposed to never miss and erase its target. Depends on which writer is handling it. I gave an example of one writer actually admitting it wouldn't erase Superman.

iceman24567
It's not PIS, it's a capability he's shown more than once and due to his unique nature in the universe. thumb up "Everything comes from Superman" "Superman's story is the most powerful thing in the multiverse" blah blah screw him

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up "Everything comes from Superman" "Superman's story is the most powerful thing in the multiverse" blah blah screw him That's dc for ya.

-K-M-
Ah, thanks. I did not know this. Have a link? I don't peruse other sites and only hit up links when I see them on boards.

to tell you the truth I wanted him to stay dead for a while.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-april-2010-solicitations-100119.html

batdude123
When the f*ck are people gonna realize that the rules don't apply to Superman?

-K-M-
Originally posted by batdude123
When the f*ck are people gonna realize that the rules don't apply to Superman?

Wednesday.

iceman24567
^

quanchi112
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-april-2010-solicitations-100119.html I am a few issues behind. I'll have to catch up on my gotg issues.

Omega Vision
Ah, thanks. I did not know this. Have a link? I don't peruse other sites and only hit up links when I see them on boards.

to tell you the truth I wanted him to stay dead for a while. Less is better imo. I am Thanos. Depends on which writer is handling it. I gave an example of one writer actually admitting it wouldn't erase Superman.
So then Thanos, if you're going to be back in comics again does that mean we won't have to deal with you on this board anymore?

quanchi112
So then Thanos, if you're going to be back in comics again does that mean we won't have to deal with you on this board anymore? I have an omnipresence. I can do both for I am Thanos.

Omega Vision
I have an omnipresence. I can do both for I am Thanos.
You're going to make a psychologist very happy one day when he gets to make you a case study.

quanchi112
You're going to make a psychologist very happy one day when he gets to make you a case study. Yeah, exhibit a(my posting history on kmc and other various boards). Right?

I mean most men who frequent boards about fictional matchups concerning fictional characters are just normal as apple pie.

Omega Vision
Yeah, exhibit a(my posting history on kmc and other various boards). Right?

I mean most men who frequent boards about fictional matchups concerning fictional characters are just normal as apple pie.
Somehow I doubt RL Quan is much different from KMC Quan.

quanchi112
Somehow I doubt RL Quan is much different from KMC Quan. Because my name is quan irl too, amirite?

Omega Vision
Because my name is quan irl too, amirite?
No, your name is Thanos. wink

quanchi112
No, your name is Thanos. wink Now you are catching on.

Allankles
I am a few issues behind. I'll have to catch up on my gotg issues.

Hopefully your man gets written better than he was before his recent death.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Allankles
Hopefully your man gets written better than he was before his recent death.
Thanos comics were not bad.

His annihilation stuff was some of the best I've ever seen.

quanchi112
Hopefully your man gets written better than he was before his recent death. I liked the manner in which he was portrayed in annihilation and have no problem with the very being who was created to defeat Thanos kill him while Thanos' back was turned.

I am just glad Morrison isn't writing him as I don't tend to trust the guy.

Allankles
Thanos comics were not bad.

His annihilation stuff was some of the best I've ever seen.

Annhilation was good inspite of Thanos not because of him. If Thanos - as he was written in that event - was carrying the main storyline Annhilation wouldn't have been as good.

Allankles
I liked the manner in which he was portrayed in annihilation and have no problem with the very being who was created to defeat Thanos kill him while Thanos' back was turned.

I am just glad Morrison isn't writing him as I don't tend to trust the guy.

Morrison would actually be one of the few writers that could pull off an intriguing Thanos.

quanchi112
Annhilation was good inspite of Thanos not because of him. If Thanos - as he was written in that event - was carrying the main storyline Annhilation wouldn't have been as good. Iyo. I also found fc to be completely boring and to have been all talk with no real bite by Morrison.Originally posted by Allankles
Morrison would actually be one of the few writers that could pull off an intriguing Thanos. Seeing his big story on Darkseid in fc I'd never want him near Thanos.

Allankles
I'll remember Darkseid's quotes in FC and Seven Soldier's, hell I'll remember his quotes from Kirby's Hunger Dogs. Can you remember a single memorable thing Thanos said in Annhilation?

Thanos is always supposed to be a smart guy but no one ever writes him in a smart way. He doesn't carry out psychological warfare like Darkseid, he doesn't have as convincing a reason as Darkseid to acquire power or rule the universe. In terms of his motivations Thanos is always in limbo.

kevdude
I'll remember Darkseid's quotes in FC and Seven Soldier's, hell I'll remember his quotes from Kirby's Hunger Dogs. Can you remember a single memorable thing Thanos said in Annhilation?

Thanos is always supposed to be a smart guy but no one ever writes him in a smart way. He doesn't carry out psychological warfare like Darkseid, he doesn't have as convincing a reason as Darkseid to acquire power or rule the universe. In terms of his motivations Thanos is always in limbo.

Thats the way it seems in most cases. thumb up

quanchi112

Thanos is always supposed to be a smart guy but no one ever writes him in a smart way. He doesn't carry out psychological warfare like Darkseid, he doesn't have as convincing a reason as Darkseid to acquire power or rule the universe. In terms of his motivations Thanos is always in limbo. So you like ceratin stories because of memorable lines? To each his own I guess. Thanos had great lines in other crossovers and none that come to the top of my mind. I can't recall anything Seid saying in fc being even remotely cool.

Not. At. All. Seid is the same boring/stale character imo over and over again while Thanos grows as a character. Seid needs to get the heck over the ale. It's been over 30 years and writers still include this as a main focus of Darkseid's.

Allankles
So you like ceratin stories because of memorable lines? To each his own I guess. Thanos had great lines in other crossovers and none that come to the top of my mind. I can't recall anything Seid saying in fc being even remotely cool.

Not. At. All. Seid is the same boring/stale character imo over and over again while Thanos grows as a character. Seid needs to get the heck over the ale. It's been over 30 years and writers still include this as a main focus of Darkseid's.

I don't like certain stories for memorable lines but for good writing, good writing will inevitably have good lines. The ALE will always be a part of Darkseid because it's his argument for why he is the rightful ruler of creation.

The ALE proves that freedom and free will are in fact false and that DS is the only constant and truth in reality.

And obviously DS isn't going to be diluted like Thanos, becoming anything less than an overwhelming tyrant is unacceptable for a guy like DS. His quest is the reason for his existence afterall, to put the universe into its "true" order.

Do you expect Batman to stop being a crime fighter? Iconic characters remain the same, and Darkseid is iconic. Its guys who haven't yet established a firm identity like Thanos that have to be reevaluated everytime.

Blanket
Darkseid is iconic.

This is a travesty of a statement.

Allankles
Another point, when it comes down to personality Darkseid has a rather complex personality, as can be proven by memorable quote after quote.

What is simple in Darkseid's case is his quest, his quest is simple enough on the surface. The exercusion of his goal/s can be complicated of course, since DS doesn't have the benefit of an all powerful artifact to rewrite all the laws of reality.

Allankles
Originally posted by Blanket
Darkseid is iconic.

This is a travesty of a statement.

Arguably the greatest comic book villain of all time Bran. You'r open to disagree naturally, but I'm content to the fact that I can make an argument for it.

Most cosmic villains aren't half as interesting as DS.

psycho gundam
thanos has far more personality than darkseid does

we should make a battlezone to find out who's "cooler"

Blanket
Arguably the greatest comic book villain of all time Bran. You'r open to disagree naturally, but I'm content to the fact that I can make an argument for it.

Most cosmic villains aren't half as interesting as DS. Most cosmic villians have one or two appearances... so you have me there. Darkseid > two appearance Carl.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Neither of them really have much in the way of personality. I like Darkseid more because unlike Thanos he has no pretense of being anything but a cosmic douchebag.

Allankles

True. I'll let Quan post what he feels are Thanos' coolest moments. I hope he doesn't post Thanos tearing up while holding a doll.

psycho gundam
Neither of them really have much in the way of personality. I like Darkseid more because unlike Thanos he has no pretense of being anything but a cosmic douchebag.

not sure how you read him that way, opinions differ i guess.

thanos is basically a "if i was a comic, that's what i would do" type of character: he gathers power himself without sitting an a throne all day and commanding hapless lackeys to incompetently do something he could and should do himself, self modifies his body and power so he's always far above his opponents, "fights forum like" to beat opponents by using his powers as effective as possible, and like in a tournament, can and has repeatedly became "LT level" as quick as possible.

the guy's a true pimp

True. I'll let Quan post what he feels are Thanos' coolest moments. I hope he doesn't post Thanos tearing up while holding a doll. anyone can

Allankles

I don't think Thanos as a character pretends, I think writers just attempt to make him more complex and fail.

Omega Vision
I don't think Thanos as a character pretends, I think writers just attempt to make him more complex and fail.
Same thing in the end. Marvel has a problem with that sort of thing (Doom, Magneto)

Allankles
not sure how you read him that way, opinions differ i guess.

thanos is basically a "if i was a comic, that's what i would do" type of character: he gathers power himself without sitting an a throne all day and commanding hapless lackeys to incompetently do something he could and should do himself, self modifies his body and power so he's always far above his opponents, "fights forum like" to beat opponents by using his powers as effective as possible, and like in a tournament, can and has repeatedly became "LT level" as quick as possible.

But you forget to mention that his opposition seems to lose brain cells in the process of his artifact quests. There's something to be said for a guy being direct, but his opposition looks pretty damn weak in the process which takes away from the earlier positives.

I think you have to more balanced when you're writing a comic, otherwise it looks like some fan fiction a 12 year old came up with.

anyone can

I know, I just want to see Quan's definition of cool.

psycho gundam
i guess it comes down to him out maneuvering them by being many steps ahead of his opposition.

the only instance that i would say you are correct in the statement above is the thanos mini where galactus gathers the gems to rid himself of his hunger in a foolish way.

Allankles
I think you could add Thanos Quest to the list. Inbetweener, Champion, Runner et al were all pretty dumb in that story. The guys who looked half smart like the Gardener and Grandmaster acted too late or didn't even know the power they had.

In fact none of the Elders save Grandmaster really knew what they had, which is odd because they're assumed to be smart and ancient.

psycho gundam
well, the elders are over obsessed with their pursuits to the point of looking absent minded in terms of other areas of life. the collector didn't even take the time to explore the reality gem, and the runner and champion were content with the simple subconscious usage of their gems.

Allankles
Which is all just a convenient excuse to allow the villain to come and punch them in the mouth and make away with all powerful gems.

psycho gundam
not really, he used different methods for each of them, and used the gems he accumulated to facilitate him.

only the grandmaster knew the power of the gems, thanos was just the superior cheater. and like a said before, grandmaster's obsession with his pursuit (gambling/gaming) lead to his downfall.

Blanket
I think you could add Thanos Quest to the list. Inbetweener, Champion, Runner et al were all pretty dumb in that story. The guys who looked half smart like the Gardener and Grandmaster acted too late or didn't even know the power they had.

In fact none of the Elders save Grandmaster really knew what they had, which is odd because they're assumed to be smart and ancient. And you're acting like all of them are shown to be above those intelligence levels...

IB just wanted out, and then he planned to turn on Thanos. I'd want out too if I was locked in a tiny cage.

Runner. What a genius he normally is... same with Champ...

And why would they know what power they had? These are the same guys that banded together and connected a sun/planets to the gems in an effort to drain Galactus... and then got swiftly eaten after Nova destroyed the sun...

Save Grandmaster... funny because he's really the only one who's smart.

quanchi112
I don't like certain stories for memorable lines but for good writing, good writing will inevitably have good lines. The ALE will always be a part of Darkseid because it's his argument for why he is the rightful ruler of creation.

The ALE proves that freedom and free will are in fact false and that DS is the only constant and truth in reality.

And obviously DS isn't going to be diluted like Thanos, becoming anything less than an overwhelming tyrant is unacceptable for a guy like DS. His quest is the reason for his existence afterall, to put the universe into its "true" order.

Do you expect Batman to stop being a crime fighter? Iconic characters remain the same, and Darkseid is iconic. Its guys who haven't yet established a firm identity like Thanos that have to be reevaluated everytime. He isn't the rightful ruler of creation he's just a nutcase who believes it so.

The ale has never proven this to be the case. It's been overcome as has Darkseid in each and every story.

Yes, and Thanos has actually achieved what Darkseid is still pining after. Ds is a guy gunned down by Batman, outsung by Superman, and outvillained in his major event. That's not something I would want for Thanos by any means.

Thanos hasn't been reevauluated it's just his experiences and triumphs have changed him. He's grown as a character. That's something I like to see as opposed to a cardboard cutout for an evil character. Describing someone as ultimate evil is the oldest trick in the book and one that's been done to multiple characters time and time again.

Most cosmic villains aren't half as interesting as DS. This is all entirely subjective. You saying he's cooler and someone disagreeing with you is just opinion based. It's like me arguing the color orange is better than the color blue.

True. I'll let Quan post what he feels are Thanos' coolest moments. I hope he doesn't post Thanos tearing up while holding a doll. I wouldn't know where to begin. he's had so many cool moments, but at the end of the day you'd still harp and exaggerate Seid anyways.

I don't think Thanos as a character pretends, I think writers just attempt to make him more complex and fail. The real issue here is success rate as opposed to failure rate. Thanos succeeds at his goals while Darkseid fails at his. The goal of a plan is for it to succeed not to see whose plan is more complicated.

Which is all just a convenient excuse to allow the villain to come and punch them in the mouth and make away with all powerful gems. Except he didn't do that at all. he used his mind to trick each one out of their gems. He beat them at their own games and actually had some hand over the gems.

zeel
Originally posted by The Nuul
Dont forget the red S on the chest.

and lets not forget supermans LIFTING feats.

DS wins however superman is the only hearld that really has the ability to , step it up and actually do some dmg to DS. Superman loses but he dont just roll over like a dead horse he will put up a fight.

Batman-Prime

thumb up

The only time DS personality is described as archetypical as Thanos's is when he appears in an Superman comic. oh

carver9

But how does darkseid win when he doesnt have feats comparable to Superman?

Omega Vision
But how does darkseid win when he doesnt have feats comparable to Superman?
Carver you're the last person who should be considered a reliable authority on what feats Superman does and doesn't have.
Its the other way around.
Read Darkseid's respect thread. Superman (without external amps and such) doesn't have feats comparable to Darkseid. Simply put Darkseid is supposed to be on a higher level than Superman and only looses because Superman has to win for the sake of plot and because a lot of the writers who write him don't seem to know shit about Darkseid's history and past characterization.

carver9
Carver you're the last person who should be considered a reliable authority on what feats Superman does and doesn't have.
Read Darkseid's respect thread. Superman (without external amps and such) doesn't have feats comparable to Darkseid. Simply put Darkseid is supposed to be on a higher level than Superman and only looses because Superman has to win for the sake of plot and because a lot of the writers who write him don't seem to know shit about Darkseid's history and past characterization.

Darkseid physically doesnt have anything close to the feats that Superman has so he'll lose almost every time if Superman brings this up close and personal.

DarkOdin
Personalli i held Thanos and Darkseid on the same level for years

a nothc above high herald characters but like said Darkseid had some por writers and suffer from sueprmans PIS aura. The last showing of Darkseid appeared to put him on an even higher level then Thanos dare i say it but didn't back it up enough feat wise "yes i no what was implied don't beat on my D/C freaks

But either way he pimpslaps Superman around

Omega Vision
Darkseid physically doesnt have anything close to the feats that Superman has so he'll lose almost every time if Superman brings this up close and personal.
He utterly trounced Blasphemy who was a match for Etrigan. He also manhandled Superman in OWAW when it got "close and personal".

carver9
He utterly trounced Blasphemy who was a match for Etrigan. He also manhandled Superman in OWAW when it got "close and personal".

We dont go by who someone fought, didnt you say that we go by lifting feats, etc.... in the bor vs Superman thread?

carver9
Honestly, I could see darkseid TROUNCING supes BUT I'm going to use omegas own logic against him so he can see how it feels.

quanchi112
Read Darkseid's respect thread. Superman (without external amps and such) doesn't have feats comparable to Darkseid. Simply put Darkseid is supposed to be on a higher level than Superman and only looses because Superman has to win for the sake of plot and because a lot of the writers who write him don't seem to know shit about Darkseid's history and past characterization. You haven't given any examples. You can't give examples because it's completely false that Darkseid's feats are greater than Superman's. Try debating for once and sending someone a respect thread link without giving one example is typical of someone who doesn't know of any feats off hand.Originally posted by Omega Vision
He utterly trounced Blasphemy who was a match for Etrigan. He also manhandled Superman in OWAW when it got "close and personal". Superman was also recently beaten up by Black Racer. Seid held him there for a moment that's not a legitimate win. At the end of the arc they stalemated again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.