Thanos vs Thor/Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
CIS is off for both Supes and Thor. They are fighting to the best of their abilities and is trying to get rid of thanos ASAP.

Can the duo take Thanos out for the majority?

DarkOdin
Thor/Superman 10/10 thanos has never come close to the level of strength of these comic icons. Both have freakin destroyed moons for crying out loud. THor/Superman have done some serious collaterial damage when fighting. Thanos that over grown purple ape needs the Ig and the HOTU to stop them eek! smokin' Happy Dance

Badabing
Superman gives Thanos a hot foot via heat vision. While Thanos is dancing around Thor bonks him on the head with Mjolnir like a whack a mole game.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Superman gives Thanos a hot foot via heat vision. While Thanos is dancing around Thor bonks him on the head with Mjolnir like a whack a mole game.

LOL, WTF sick

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Badabing
Superman gives Thanos a hot foot via heat vision. While Thanos is dancing around Thor bonks him on the head with Mjolnir like a whack a mole game. Considered this a warning next time i will hit the erase MOD button. Why? because Superman's lightspeed heat vison would kill Thanos before Thor has to rasie Mjolnir.

KNOW GO TROLL ELSE WHERE NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
LOL, WTF sick Whack a mole

Originally posted by DarkOdin
Considered this a warning next time i will hit the erase MOD button. Why? because Superman's lightspeed hit vison would kill Thanos before Thor has to rasie Mjolnir.

KNOW GO TROLL ELSE WHERE NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad shocklaugh

Omega Vision
^ *Gives Bada a Cat-O-Nine-tails.*

Don't mess him up too badly, okay Bada?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Don't mess him up too badly, okay Bada?

He won't b/c he knows what will happen if he does durredhulk

Too Babda" This time when you beat me down th_23_31_4 don't punch me in the face too much i didn't like drinking a hamburger thru a straw very much from the last beating

Batman-Prime
Thor/Superman 10/10 thanos has never come close to the level of strength of these comic icons. Both have freakin destroyed moons for crying out loud. THor/Superman have done some serious collaterial damage when fighting. Thanos that over grown purple ape needs the Ig and the HOTU to stop them eek! smokin' Happy Dance

I think this is about the first time we agree in an Superman/Thor thread. salute2

Philosophía
Team beat his ass, hard.

BattleMage
Thanos 6/10 via intellect

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think this is about the first time we agree in an Superman/Thor thread. salute2 I guess sarcasm is something your not to familiar with

Batman-prime ----> emoticon___pwned <----DarkOdin

Batman-Prime
I guess sarcasm is something your not to familiar with

Batman-prime ----> emoticon___pwned <----DarkOdin

I guess sarcasm is something your not to familiar with

laughing

Badabing
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Don't mess him up too badly, okay Bada? Originally posted by DarkOdin
He won't b/c he knows what will happen if he does durredhulk

Too Babda" This time when you beat me down th_23_31_4 don't punch me in the face too much i didn't like drinking a hamburger thru a straw very much from the last beating I was about to unleash some really, really bad! durfistOriginally posted by BattleMage
Thanos 6/10 via intellect no expression

Bouboumaster
Thanos

Kris Blaze
Thor does nothing but absorb energy while Superman attacks. We have one guy who can neutralize all of Thanos' non-physical attacks, be it energy blasts, shields, telepathy, you name it.

His durability is still incredible but with without his energy abilities, Thanos eventually goes down.

DarkOdin
laughing laughing i just be waiting to use by pawn smiliy don't steal my thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing

Batman-Prime
laughing i just be waiting to use by pawn smiliy don't steal my thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing

Sorry bud, I give you the chance, to be honest i do it at least 12 times a week. embarrasment

Priest
Imo, Thanos probably takes a slim majority.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Priest
How?

Priest
His durability and and strength based of previous battles :/

Kris Blaze
His durability and and strength based of previous battles :/
I don't see Thanos beating two of these with just physical abilities.

WickedDynamite
Superman doesn't need Thor.

Solo Supes!

Mshinu
Supes thinks Thanos is Darkseid and whups the shit out of him I guess (while Thor is busy monologing "me isth going to smaketh thee"blahblahblah)

/sarcasm

quanchi112

galactusischere
Thanos takes this 10/10

King Kandy
Thanos is capable of one-shotting Thor, and to be honest he'll probably do the same to superman.

WickedDynamite
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53838/1057704-spideysuperstories03931_super.jpg

JakeTheBank
Thanos saying "Oops!" is priceless.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53838/1057704-spideysuperstories03931_super.jpg Yes, I know this is all you can bring to a debate. Noncanon scans because you simply have no comic knowledge yourself. well done.

WickedDynamite
Cheese and Crackers! Quan-Man has found me!

quanchi112
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Cheese and Crackers! Quan-Man has found me! A former mod trolling along. LOL.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How?

Ummm didn't you in the superman vs Thanos thread.. basically go with the train of thought that Thanos gets ride of superman in any numer of ways? So, what is stopping him from doing that to superman here. Takes out big blue quickly and easily and moves onto thor? You act like Thanos will just blast thor and blast thor and Thor absorb it while superman just punches away. True this would be the best bet for the team but why would Thanos could along with this plan? He can basically one shot either of these guys. Thanos wins after a good fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Waiting on those responses guys

Naija boy
Thanos 8/10.

Kris Blaze
How is Thanos even going to touch these guys with CIS off?

He's left to physical attacks alone and without energy the guy can't even fly!

King Kandy
When does it say he has no energy?

Naija boy
How is Thanos even going to touch these guys with CIS off?

He's left to physical attacks alone and without energy the guy can't even fly!

Er what? A forceblock/mental attack would take thor out (and his energy absorption abilities are the main problem here) and the same could be said for superman.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
Er what? A forceblock/mental attack would take thor out and the same could be said for superman.
Absorbed.

No mental attack of Thanos is touching Thor. It'll either go into the hammer or be resisted eventually.

Naija boy
Absorbed.

No mental attack of Thanos is touching Thor. It'll either go into the hammer or be resisted eventually.

Considering that thor was totally immobilized by the forceblock the last time it was used on him and was unable to absorb it then i highly doubt he is doing it in this case. And furthermore when has thor shown to resist telepathy by absorbing it into his hammer? (And im not talking about visible psychic bolts fired at him). Not only that, given thors mixed history with mind attacks thanos could certainly use he telepathy to disorient him for more than long enough to ko him with blasts even if not take him out completely

KuRuPT Thanosi

Kris Blaze
Considering that thor was totally immobilized by the forceblock the last time it was used on him and was unable to absorb it then i highly doubt he is doing it in this case. And furthermore when has thor shown to resist telepathy by absorbing it into his hammer? (And im not talking about visible psychic bolts fired at him). Not only that, given thors mixed history with mind attacks thanos could certainly use he telepathy to disorient him for more than long enough to ko him with blasts even if not take him out completely
What the **** does this nonsense matter? CIS is off, I'm in control of Thor and you can take all those character depictions and appearances and shove them right up Quanchi's ass.

Right now, I am the one who decides what these guys do. I say Thor absorbs everything with Mjolnir, leaving Thanos with nothing but his physical abilities.

leonidas
fact is thanos's history is replete with beating guys on this level. much as i hate to admit it, gotta say thanos takes a majority, though it's not impossible for the team to get a couple, imo.

Starscream M
What the **** does this nonsense matter? CIS is off, I'm in control of Thor and you can take all those character depictions and appearances and shove them right up Quanchi's ass.

Right now, I am the one who decides what these guys do. I say Thor absorbs everything with Mjolnir, leaving Thanos with nothing but his physical abilities. CIS off doesn't mean you get to make up shit erm

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by leonidas
fact is thanos's history is replete with beating guys on this level. much as i hate to admit it, gotta say thanos takes a majority, though it's not impossible for the team to get a couple, imo.
CIS is off, so please explain how they lose.

No doubt that Thanos has the tools to take this home in a regular matchup, but that's not the case here.
Originally posted by Starscream M
CIS off doesn't mean you get to make up shit erm
Means I make up the tactics. If you wandered into Thor comics once in a while, you'd know that Mjolnir can absorb anything.

Naija boy

Right now, I am the one who decides what these guys do. I say Thor absorbs everything with Mjolnir, leaving Thanos with nothing but his physical abilities.

lmao at this gibberish. U being in "control of thor" has nothing to do with what he was shown to be capable and not capable of on panel. He never showed to be capable of absorbing the forceblock while immobilized within it but because you are "in control" of him he suddenly will be able to? He never showed to resist telepathy through absorbing "it"(?) into his hammer but because u are "in control of him" he will suddenly be able to?.........right.

The rubbish u say no matter how many times u repeat itremains..............well rubbish. Making random claims without any on panel backing and attempting to use the excuse "CIS is off" is just a pitiful attempt at formulating an argument.

leonidas
thor would be immune to the energy thanos would throw at him, but superman would not. once kal is out it's 1on1. thor won't win that fight regardless of what's on or off.

Kris Blaze
lmao at this gibberish. U being in "control of thor" has nothing to do with what he was shown to be capable and not capable of on panel. He never showed to be capable of absorbing the forceblock while immobilized within it but because you are "in control" of him he suddenly will be able to? He never showed to resist telepathy through absorbing "it"(?) into his hammer but because u are "in control of him" he will suddenly be able to?.........right.

The rubbish u say no matter how many times u repeat remains..............well rubbish. Making random claims without any on panel backing and attempting to use the excuse "CIS is off" is just a pitiful attempt at formulating an argument.
u r btr in english.

Oh nooooeeeessss, Naija with the counter attack.

- Thor can manipulate pure force. Has done so before. No problem.
- Thor can absorb all sorts of energy, psionic energy being one. He absorbed Loki's consciousness.
thor would be immune to the energy thanos would throw at him, but superman would not. once kal is out it's 1on1. thor won't win that fight regardless of what's on or off.
You realize that the energy is pulled into Mjolnir?

KuRuPT Thanosi
CIS is off, so please explain how they lose.

No doubt that Thanos has the tools to take this home in a regular matchup, but that's not the case here.

Means I make up the tactics. If you wandered into Thor comics once in a while, you'd know that Mjolnir can absorb anything.

Interesting train of thought yet illogical. Albert P COULD hit a homerun everytime he comes up to bat.. he's capable of doing so.. yet he doesn't. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you always will.. that is a horrible train of thought.

Batman-Prime
popcorn

Kris Blaze

JakeTheBank
CIS is off for both Supes and Thor. They are fighting to the best of their abilities and is trying to get rid of thanos ASAP.

With CIS off for Superman and Thor alike, they can beat Thanos. A CIS free Superman is insane and a CIS free Thor even more so. This means virtually any attack Thanos can throw can be responded to in kind by Thor. Thanos can win, yeah, but he's going to work his Titan ass under these scenarios.

Mjolnir combo to KO.

batdude123

Because Superman couldn't dodge, or phase through it?

Kris Blaze
It's not like Thanos can do anything about Superman's heat vision and its INSANE piercing abilities, not without ranged attacks. I'm being fairly reasonable here too, limiting Superman to only offense and Thor to only defense. There's a hella lot more these guys are capable of.

leonidas
You realize that the energy is pulled into Mjolnir?

questionable at best. if thanos focuses an energy attack at kal and thor is not around, been struck and sent flying, kal is catching the blast. or even if supes attacks from a different angle. the hammer is not an omni-directional vaccuum i'm afraid. wish it were for the sake of the tourney though . . .

too easy for thanos to seperate the 2 and get rid of superman. once he's out it's over. they'd need to work very well as a team to have the chance to win even a couple.

Starscream M
If you wandered into Thor comics once in a while, you'd know that Mjolnir can absorb anything. No it can't. Now you're just plain lying.

leonidas
Originally posted by batdude123
Because Superman couldn't dodge, or phase through it?

possible, but if he's nailing ss consistently . . . and supes would certainly take it physical eventually.

JakeTheBank
No it can't. Now you're just plain lying.

It's not very far off based off what Mjolnir has absorbed/redirected/contained.

Kris Blaze
questionable at best. if thanos focuses an energy attack at kal and thor is not around, been struck and sent flying, kal is catching the blast. or even if supes attacks from a different angle. the hammer is not an omni-directional vaccuum i'm afraid. wish it were for the sake of the tourney though . . .

too easy for thanos to seperate the 2 and get rid of superman. once he's out it's over. they'd need to work very well as a team to have the chance to win even a couple.
Not questionable.

Fact. That's what the scans show, and that's what we'll go by.
No it can't. Now you're just plain lying.
Get outta here you joke.
possible, but if he's nailing ss consistently . . . and supes would certainly take it physical eventually.
I haven't seen Surfer try intangibility or even "ducking" a single time.

batdude123

Because Surfer uses combat speed in his encounters with Thanos, right?

No PIS/CIS means Superman either dodges the energy blasts or phases through them.

Naija boy
u r btr in english.

Oh nooooeeeessss, Naija with the counter attack.

- Thor can manipulate pure force. Has done so before. No problem.
- Thor can absorb all sorts of energy, psionic energy being one. He absorbed Loki's consciousness.

Lol what?? eek!

Oh nooooeeeesss, Kris with more idiocy.

-While in a forceblock thor is totally immobilized and he couldnt absorb it when put in that state on panel. No CIS is not an excuse to make baseless arguments
- Thor can absorb energy yes. However show me when has he EVER shown the ability to counter telepathy by absorbing "it"(?) into his hammer. And in this case im referring to direct mental attacks not absorbing psionic energy bolts fired at him. Absorbing Lokis lifeforce isnt even close to being analogous or relevant.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's not very far off based off what Mjolnir has absorbed/redirected/contained. to claim that it could absorb ANYTHING is ridiculous

it could absorb most energy forms thor has come across, that hardly makes it able to absorb anything though.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Kris Blaze
Lol what?? eek!

Oh nooooeeeesss, Kris with more idiocy.

-While in a forceblock thor is totally immobilized and he couldnt absorb it when put it that state on panel. No CIS is not an excuse to make baseless arguments
- Thor can absorb energy yes. However show me when he has EVER shown the ability to counter telepathy by absorbing "it"(?) into his hammer. And in this case im referring to direct mental attacks not absorbing psionic energy bolts fired at him. Absorbing Lokis lifeforce isnt even close to being analogous or relevant.
Son, get some comics down in Nigeria, this shit is humiliating.

- What is telepathy? Bishop can absorb it. Apocalypse can absorb it. Life-force? God damn ignorant. His consciousness was being pulled in.

- Okay, baseless? The **** do you call Thor manipulating pure force then? That stuff isn't going around Thor, it's going straight into his hammer.
to claim that it could absorb ANYTHING is ridiculous

it could absorb most energy forms thor has come across, that hardly makes it able to absorb anything though.
Which type of energy can Thanos project that Thor can't absorb or manipulate? Thanos uses cosmic energies for crying out loud.

Starscream M

- What is telepathy? Bishop can absorb it. Apocalypse can absorb it. nice...didn't realize Mjolnir replicates Bishop or Apoc's powersets. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kris Blaze
nice...didn't realize Mjolnir replicates Bishop or Apoc's powersets. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Energy absorption/manipulation?

You're a disgrace.

Know what Jean used when she contained a consciousness? Telepathy. Psionic energy is what is used to manipulate it.

batdude123
nice...didn't realize Mjolnir replicates Bishop...

I lol'd.

Starscream M
Psionic energy is what is used to manipulate it. and Mjolnir does not contain psionic energy nor can it manipulate it.

leonidas
Not questionable.

Fact. That's what the scans show, and that's what we'll go by.

laughing out loud

so, someone has shot at blast directly at someone else while in thor's presence and his hammer has . . . bent the energy and drawn it into itself? and there is a scan of this??

yeah, i don't think so . . . be REALLY great if there was though. wink

you really think it would be that easy? the speed issue bats brought up is a lot more solid. which is why i said it wasn't impossible for them to take a couple. supes doesn't have the juice to ko thanos though, not alone, even if they extend the battle. it would take some string teamwork for them to take out someone with his level of durability.

Kris Blaze
and Mjolnir does not contain psionic energy nor can it manipulate it.
It only manipulated a consciousness through?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think it is YOU who don't understand the rules. Thor isn't GOD.. he's neither omnipotent or omniscient.. He makes mistakes and doesn't always hit a homerun. Basically Thor isn't PERFECT. If Thor was perfect than your CIS he would always do it would work. Problem is he isn't. The CIS rules.. goes towards him not forgetting about his abilities and fighting stupid.. no argument there. However, that doesn't mean all of sudden he never misses, never gets hit either. Thor isn't God nor perfect and thus your theory is thrown out the window. He ISN'T able to do anything he wants and never ever makes a mistake. Is this a joke or something? If we're going on this train of thought all at the same time.. Thanos teleports around both characters slapping the shit out of them, uses matter manipulation/telepathy/TK all at the same time, while bringing his most formidable force fields, while firing omni directional blast after blast. I see.. Thanos wins easier than I thought.

again.

OneDumbG0
and Mjolnir does not contain psionic energy nor can it manipulate it. I guess deflecting it doesn't count? confused

Kris Blaze
laughing out loud

so, someone has shot at blast directly at someone else while in thor's presence and his hammer has . . . bent the energy and drawn it into itself? and there is a scan of this??

yeah, i don't think so . . . be REALLY great if there was though. wink

you really think it would be that easy? the speed issue bats brought up is a lot more solid. which is why i said it wasn't impossible for them to take a couple. supes doesn't have the juice to ko thanos though, not alone, even if they extend the battle. it would take some string teamwork for them to take out someone with his level of durability.
Seem to recall Thor pulling energy from people. Also seem to recall BRB pulling energy from inside Ego. ALSO seem to recall energy Thanos shooting going all around Thor and into the hammer. But hey, that's how it goes. The fact that Thor can absorb energy from a huge distance should already be plenty.

Surfer can just turn on intangibility. It should be like a button.

Badabing
CIS off means any power that a character has shown more than 2 or 3 times is okay to use. There are no self limitations. Essentially a poster can control their actions, sort of like a tourny, as long as it's still within the character's power set and has been shown.

That means Supes could wtfspeedblitz and Thor could absorb any energy form that's been shown.

Starscream, I'm not sure why you jumped in the middle of a debate just to flame bait/troll but that needs to stop.

Naija Boy and Kris, you both need to calm down and stop bashing.

Badabing
I hope everyone has cooled down enough now.

If there's a question about tactics or whatever then ask the poster. If they seem to ignore your question then try a PM. It's easy to miss posts in a fast moving thread. People may also be posting and miss what you wrote.

CIS off does not = God-like.

OneDumbG0
^ But Thor = god-like. So stop trolling, Badabing!

uhuh

peaches

Badabing
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ But Thor = god-like. So stop trolling, Badabing!

uhuh

peaches
ohno

mmm

sneer

Naija boy
Son, get some comics down in Nigeria, this shit is humiliating.

- What is telepathy? Bishop can absorb it. Apocalypse can absorb it. Life-force? God damn ignorant. His consciousness was being pulled in.

- Okay, baseless? The **** do you call Thor manipulating pure force then? That stuff isn't going around Thor, it's going straight into his hammer.

Which type of energy can Thanos project that Thor can't absorb or manipulate? Thanos uses cosmic energies for crying out loud.

Lmao. facepalm. The only things humiliating here are ur woeful attempts at humour in an effort to conceal ur laughable arguments. I have read almost every comic thor has ever been in and so its extremely pathetic that u think irrelevant information like my location(lol) can somehow compensate for the lack of on panel support for ur posts.

- Show me thor "absorbing" a direct attempt at a mindrape. Your inability to do such is glaring and is what is leading u to throwing around all these red herrings. Simply mentioning bishop and apocalypse absorbing "telepathy" without providing the context and details in regards to what exactly happened in those instances doesnt do anything for ur already disastrous argument. Regardless of that even, what matters is thors ability to do such and hence incidents pertaining to Bishop or apocalypse would still have little bearings here. Even in battlezones and tourneys it is the capabilities and feats shown by an individual character that are used. Moreover if this is the incident ur talking about:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir164-LifeForceEradication.jpg

then it is quite clearly written that it is lokis immortal lifeforce that is being removed. If u r referring to another incident then post it. Funnily enough it would still do little in the way of supporting ur nonsensical claims.

- It certainly wouldnt be going straight into his hammer after thor is mentally disoriented.

kgkg
Thanos

h1a8
Superman beats Thanos solo, especially with CIS off.
Thor is just overkill.

Kris Blaze
Lmao. facepalm. The only things humiliating here are ur woeful attempts at humour in an effort to conceal ur laughable arguments. I have read almost every comic thor has ever been in and so its extremely pathetic that u think irrelevant information like my location(lol) can somehow compensate for the lack of on panel support for ur posts.

- Show me thor "absorbing" a direct attempt at a mindrape. Your inability to do such is glaring and is what is leading u to throwing around all these red herrings. Simply mentioning bishop and apocalypse absorbing "telepathy" without providing the context and details in regards to what exactly happened in those instances doesnt do anything for ur already disastrous argument. Regardless of that even, what matters is thors ability to do such and hence incidents pertaining to Bishop or apocalypse would still have little bearings here. Even in battlezones and tourneys it is the capabilities and feats shown by an individual character that are used. Moreover if this is the incident ur talking about:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir164-LifeForceEradication.jpg

then it is quite clearly written that it is lokis immortal lifeforce that is being removed. If u r referring to another incident then post it. Funnily enough it would still do little in the way of supporting ur nonsensical claims.

- It certainly wouldnt be going straight into his hammer after thor is mentally disoriented.

Are you having problems reading Badabing's posts?

- Clearly you have not read all Thor comics, because if you did, you would have picked up on Loki's recollections of the soul-absorption. Where, believe it or not, his consciousness is being sucked into Mjolnir as well. Oh noes, you did not read it. Shocker, real shocker. Not that it matters, since Thor can simply resist Thanos' mindblasts without much or any difficulty. It still amazes me that you cannot understand how Thor would be able to absorb psionic attacks. You know what telepathy is and you know that Mjolnir can absorb anything, yet you can not add 2 and 2 together. Even when the mods come in and say that in said scenario, Thor will be capable of absorbing anything. I only need to prove that telepathy is a form of energy no expression

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/Thor_vol2-518-016-11.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorMentalDefense04Avengers138.jpg *ODG

- Straight into the hammer, as everything does.

DarkOdin
Are you having problems reading Badabing's posts?

- Clearly you have not read all Thor comics, because if you did, you would have picked up on Loki's recollections of the soul-absorption. Where, believe it or not, his consciousness is being sucked into Mjolnir as well. Oh noes, you did not read it. Shocker, real shocker. Not that it matters, since Thor can simply resist Thanos' mindblasts without much or any difficulty. It still amazes me that you cannot understand how Thor would be able to absorb psionic attacks. You know what telepathy is and you know that Mjolnir can absorb anything, yet you can not add 2 and 2 together. Even when the mods come in and say that in said scenario, Thor will be capable of absorbing anything. I only need to prove that telepathy is a form of energy no expression

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Random%20comic%20feats/Thor_vol2-518-016-11.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorMentalDefense04Avengers138.jpg *ODG

didn't Thor block or absorb the Phoenix PSI attacks at one point???

Kris Blaze
didn't Thor block or absorb the Phoenix PSI attacks at one point???
More reaction time than anything.

But he's taken a ton of mental attacks over the years.

DarkOdin
More reaction time than anything.

But he's taken a ton of mental attacks over the years. Yes i am famliar with it being one of his better speed feats but it does show Mjolnir being cable of handling psionic attacks

Warlord
thanos

OneDumbG0
Yes i am famliar with it being one of his better speed feats but it does show Mjolnir being cable of handling psionic attacks On this note, (and just wondering), I was under the impression that Vertigo's mutant power was an application of psionic energy. Can anybody confirm that? If so, this sort of counts right? Because here, Mjolnir achieves a replication and/or reversal of Vertigo's abilities: Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He can even replicate Vertigo's abilities and disorient foes with Mjolnir, from Thor #374:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir127-VertigoSpell374.jpg

Naija boy
Nah, ignoring and failing to comprehend things that are clearly written is ur forte not mine.

-Post the scans of Lokis recollection because otherwise u have little to go against the initial on panel description of the event. Further while i dont even doubt nor contend mjolnirs ability to absorb consciousness', it still wouldnt count as evidence for thor being able to counter thanos mindrape attempts in the way u are proposing. And also a mindrape attempt by thanos would certainly affect thor even if hed eventually be able to resist it. Point being hed be disoriented long enough to be immobilized via forceblock or koed via blasts. Moreover ur laughable attempt at deductive reasoning and mischaracterization of my stance is only further digging u into a hole and making ur inability to provide the relevant evidence to support ur position even more apparent. . Thor absorbing psionic attacks such as psionic energy blasts and attacks directed towards him is no problem. Direct telepathy however is an entirely different form of attack than those Thor has been shown to absorb and hence claims that he will simply absorb thanos' mind rape attempt without any evidence of him actually doing such on panel are nothing but unsupported gibberish. Badabings post did not at all justify ur thor absorbing telepathy stance since thor simply absorbing forms of energy was never the issue. Direct telepathy involves an entirely different manifestation of psionic energy in a form which Thor has never shown to absorb and hence to advocate such a tactic, on panel justification is needed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman beats Thanos solo, especially with CIS off.
Thor is just overkill. You've never proven it.

roughrider

I'm inclined to agree. Thanos has a history of taking on several heroes at once successfully, even without the IG or the HOTU. Unless both Thor & Superman together can equal skyfather level...

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think it is YOU who don't understand the rules. Thor isn't GOD.. he's neither omnipotent or omniscient.. He makes mistakes and doesn't always hit a homerun. Basically Thor isn't PERFECT. If Thor was perfect than your CIS he would always do it would work. Problem is he isn't. The CIS rules.. goes towards him not forgetting about his abilities and fighting stupid.. no argument there. However, that doesn't mean all of sudden he never misses, never gets hit either. Thor isn't God nor perfect and thus your theory is thrown out the window. He ISN'T able to do anything he wants and never ever makes a mistake. Is this a joke or something? If we're going on this train of thought all at the same time.. Thanos teleports around both characters slapping the shit out of them, uses matter manipulation/telepathy/TK all at the same time, while bringing his most formidable force fields, while firing omni directional blast after blast. I see.. Thanos wins easier than I thought.

yet again

OneDumbG0
^ Fixed: Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think it is YOU who don't understand the rules. Thanos isn't GOD.. he's neither omnipotent or omniscient.. He makes mistakes and doesn't always hit a homerun. Basically Thanos isn't PERFECT. If Thanos was perfect than your CIS he would always do it would work. Problem is he isn't. The CIS rules.. goes towards him not forgetting about his abilities and fighting stupid.. no argument there. However, that doesn't mean all of sudden he never misses, never gets hit either. Thanos isn't God nor perfect and thus your theory is thrown out the window. He ISN'T able to do anything he wants and never ever makes a mistake. Is this a joke or something? If we're going on this train of thought all at the same time.. Thor/Superman wiz around him slapping the shit out of him, uses matter manipulation/TVO/godblasts all at the same time, while bringing their most formidable force fields/superspeed/superstrength, while firing omni directional blast after blast. I see.. Thor/SUperman wins easier than I thought.

Juntai
lol.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Fixed:

Kris made the argument... CIS is OFF.. he's in control and thus Thor always absorbs everything ALL the time. Much like with you.. I had to deal with illogical thinking in this area and correct it.

I did LOL at your edits though.

the_ninjak
CIS is weak.

Juntai
Originally posted by roughrider
Unless both Thor & Superman together can equal skyfather level... Supes doesn't need anyone to help him equal a skyfather. He's done it enough times solo. Superman lowers himself and holds back a great deal on Earth, so law of averages plays against him in a lot of people's eyes, but he's defeated the ruler of hell, a kryptonian god, darkseid, etc, etc, etc. With this environment and CIS off for the duo, Thor will be actually using his powerset instead of forgetting it and thinking he's tripple H from WWE, and Superman won't be holding back and will be operating at those ridiculous levels.

the_ninjak
But how heavy is DC's earth in comparison to Thor's hammer?

the_ninjak
In DC everything could be much lighter and smaller.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Juntai
With this environment and CIS off for the duo, Thor will be actually using his powerset instead of forgetting it and thinking he's tripple H from WWE, and Superman won't be holding back and will be operating at those ridiculous levels. The Odin-son's battle-savvy does not approach that of the Cerebral Assassin's, blasphemer. crackers

quanchi112
Supes doesn't need anyone to help him equal a skyfather. He's done it enough times solo. Superman lowers himself and holds back a great deal on Earth, so law of averages plays against him in a lot of people's eyes, but he's defeated the ruler of hell, a kryptonian god, darkseid, etc, etc, etc. With this environment and CIS off for the duo, Thor will be actually using his powerset instead of forgetting it and thinking he's tripple H from WWE, and Superman won't be holding back and will be operating at those ridiculous levels. We've seen him not hold back against WW. We've seen him match Marvel in terms of strength with both holding back. We've also seen superman beaten by far less than a skyfather.

Thor's also defeated the ruler of hell. Thor's also taken on much more formidable opponents than Darkseid. Seid hasn't really stomped many heroes at all currently and was soundly defeated by Doomsday.

Either way Thanos has taken on Thor with the power gem and smiled from this battle, hence my avatar pic.

Thanos defeats them both all ten matchups. He's on a different level.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
We've seen him not hold back against WW. We've seen him match Marvel in terms of strength with both holding back. We've also seen superman beaten by far less than a skyfather.

Thor's also defeated the ruler of hell. Thor's also taken on much more formidable opponents than Darkseid. Seid hasn't really stomped many heroes at all currently and was soundly defeated by Doomsday.

Either way Thanos has taken on Thor with the power gem and smiled from this battle, hence my avatar pic.

Thanos defeats them both all ten matchups. He's on a different level.

Low showings don't count remember. WW beats Superman no matter what. ABC logic doesn't always work.

Thanos loses to Superman alone 10/10.

Kris Blaze
Low showings don't count remember. WW beats Superman no matter what. ABC logic doesn't always work.

Thanos loses to Superman alone 10/10.
Low showings count no expression

PIS showings do not count.

Learn how to differ.

Parmaniac

Learn how to differ.

Yeah Kris but don't forget everytime Superman loses it's PIS...

quanchi112

Thanos loses to Superman alone 10/10. Yes, they do.

You already stated what happens in the comics doesn't count making your opinion completely biased. No matter what occurs it won't change your opinion. You actually foolishly admitted to being the most biased person on the entire boards.

Batman-Prime
Supes doesn't need anyone to help him equal a skyfather. He's done it enough times solo. Superman lowers himself and holds back a great deal on Earth, so law of averages plays against him in a lot of people's eyes, but he's defeated the ruler of hell, a kryptonian god, darkseid, etc, etc, etc. With this environment and CIS off for the duo, Thor will be actually using his powerset instead of forgetting it and thinking he's tripple H from WWE, and Superman won't be holding back and will be operating at those ridiculous levels.

thumb up

Kris Blaze
The step from herald to skyfather requires a bit more than an increase in strength.

Thanos is no Skyfather, neither are Thor or Superman, be it holding back or cutting loose.

Batman-Prime
The step from herald to skyfather requires a bit more than an increase in strength.

Thanos is no Skyfather, neither are Thor or Superman, be it holding back or cutting loose.

All one needs is a fancy S on his chest sneer
S like Skyfather biscuits

quanchi112

Thanos is no Skyfather, neither are Thor or Superman, be it holding back or cutting loose. Uhm, Thanos went toe to toe with Odin and this was before his final upgrade in power.

Mindset
S like Skyfather biscuits Silver Surfer is a double skyfather.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
Silver Surfer is a double skyfather.

On his CHEST, on his CHEST dude! uhuh

Mindset
He has two S's on his chesticles.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
He has two S's on his chesticles.

too much info... sick

quanchi112
S like Skyfather biscuits No, I think you have Superman mixed up with the Sentry. That's guy's a powerhouse while Superman not so much.

manx422
Thanos was arrested by cops

quanchi112
Originally posted by manx422
Thanos was arrested by cops A typical response from a dc fanboy.

h1a8

Learn how to differ.

Low showings don't count, not because they are PIS, but because they break the forum rules (character's must fight to the BEST of their abilities).

-Pr-
Low showings don't count, not because they are PIS, but because they break the forum rules (character's must fight to the BEST of their abilities).

they're still bound by their own CIS, though.

batdude123
"CIS is off for both Supes and Thor. They are fighting to the best of their abilities and is trying to get rid of thanos ASAP."

Pezmerga
Thanos. Brains > Brawn

Batman-Prime
No, I think you have Superman mixed up with the Sentry. That's guy's a powerhouse while Superman not so much.

On the Chest dude, where do you have your chest? Got some manboobs that hang pretty low or what? ugh

KuRuPT Thanosi
"CIS is off for both Supes and Thor. They are fighting to the best of their abilities and is trying to get rid of thanos ASAP."

As is it for Thanos.. that means they will be dealt with quickly

-Pr-

ah. very well, then.

xJLxKing
Team. Superman blitz, and Thor uses God Blast. Repeat!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Team. Superman blitz, and Thor uses God Blast. Repeat!

This is a joke right?

Superman proceeds to blitz and is dealt with via backhand pimp slap which sends him flying. While flying back and on the ground thanos unleashes a full powered blast.. supes is done. Thor.. well it's Thanos vs Thor one v one.. Do we really need to talk about who wins that one... Nah. Thanos and easily

xJLxKing
This is a joke right?

Superman proceeds to blitz and is dealt with via backhand pimp slap which sends him flying. While flying back and on the ground thanos unleashes a full powered blast.. supes is done. Thor.. well it's Thanos vs Thor one v one.. Do we really need to talk about who wins that one... Nah. Thanos and easily
Is this really your arguement. I can do the same thing especially when you take into account that conditions of the fight.

-If Thor unleashes a blast, Thor will absorb it just like he has done to many energy blast in the past.
-Superman can become intangible. Those slow sweep attacks aren't fast enough to tag Superman
-God can most likely KO Thor. If not, damage him to the point of being KO'ed

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is this really your arguement. I can do the same thing especially when you take into account that conditions of the fight.

-If Thor unleashes a blast, Thor will absorb it just like he has done to many energy blast in the past.
-Superman can become intangible. Those slow sweep attacks aren't fast enough to tag Superman

hahaha this is still a joke right? You do realize Thanos's shields would hold up against any of their attacks for a period of time. Thanos can teleport and get out of the way of any blitz or god blast from Thor. Thanos is stronger than both and more durable than both. Period. He's 1000x more vertaile than superman and just as versatile as thor but more powerful. Neither can stand up to him h2h but obviously supes would do better but go down regardless. Thanos eats heralds for breakfast and had never lost to a herald level character. Thanos deals with these two with little difficulty.

Bouboumaster
Thanos a fat 8 or 9/10.

He's well above the in term of power

zeel
thanos owns theses 2 just like despero smoked captian marvel supes and several others at the same time.

zeel

I have a serious question. How many times has superman become intangible in a fight to avoid hits? Im just wondering.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by zeel
I have a serious question. How many times has superman become intangible in a fight to avoid hits? Im just wondering.
a Quote from the OP

zeel
a Quote from the OP

they still get raped. smile

quanchi112
Team. Superman blitz, and Thor uses God Blast. Repeat! Shields.Originally posted by xJLxKing
a Quote from the OP

Can the duo take Thanos out for the majority? No. He is too powerful, too durable, too ferocious, and has too many abilities than negate their best efforts.

h1a8
This is a joke right?

Thanos won't get a chance to flinch once Superman blitzes (not even 1 micrometer). The fallen one incident is only one incident that doesn't prove that Thanos can react and move to a Superman blitz because fallen one was never proven to even exceed the speed of sound within the first 3 meters. Superman would win this fight alone.

manx422
Superman solos

quanchi112
Originally posted by manx422
Superman solos How does he get past the shields?

JakeTheBank
How does he get past the shields?

Comboing the shields to KO.

quanchi112
Comboing the shields to KO. Thanos puts up 3.

shifty

JakeTheBank
Thanos puts up 3.

shifty

Well, if he puts up three, Superman is screwed.

quanchi112
Well, if he puts up three, Superman is screwed. wink

h1a8
How does he get past the shields?
Thanos won't get a chance to erect his shields. And even if he does it is only a matter of time before they come down.

quanchi112
Thanos won't get a chance to erect his shields. And even if he does it is only a matter of time before they come down. Superman gets placed in force block immediately. Game over. he does so while reading a book with his back turned to Superman with shields erected.

h1a8
Superman gets placed in force block immediately. Game over. he does so while reading a book with his back turned to Superman with shields erected.

If only this was true but sadly it's not.

Not only would Thanos not erect his shields, he couldn't even begin to start a force block attack, nor could he do so with shields erected.

quanchi112
If only this was true but sadly it's not.

Not only would Thanos not erect his shields, he couldn't even begin to start a force block attack, nor could he do so with shields erected. Yes, he can. If you want to prove he can't the onus is on you. He has shown the ability to erect shields and place characters in pure force block. We haven't seen him do it in this order, but that's about as ridiculous as saying he can't cook a hamburger since we haven't seen him do it on panel.

JakeTheBank
that's about as ridiculous as saying he can't cook a hamburger

I wonder if Thanos can cook well.

h1a8
Yes, he can. If you want to prove he can't the onus is on you. He has shown the ability to erect shields and place characters in pure force block. We haven't seen him do it in this order, but that's about as ridiculous as saying he can't cook a hamburger since we haven't seen him do it on panel.

No, the onus is on the one to prove the positive. A negative is always true unless the positive is shown or proven.

If you still disagree then assume I asked you to prove that

Superman can't banish others to another dimension with just a thought. Do you understand now?

Quan do you know how to gain more credibility and respect? You must show some form of humility at least every now and then. That means concede sometimes (however rarely).

quanchi112
I wonder if Thanos can cook well. You betcha.Originally posted by h1a8
No, the onus is on the one to prove the positive. A negative is always true unless the positive is shown or proven.

If you still disagree then assume I asked you to prove that

Superman can't banish others to another dimension with just a thought. Do you understand now?

Quan do you know how to gain more credibility and respect? You must show some form of humility at least every now and then. That means concede sometimes (however rarely). These abilities have already been proven so the burden is on you to prove otherwise.

Juntai
You guys are making me hungry.

carver9
Thanos won't get a chance to flinch once Superman blitzes (not even 1 micrometer). The fallen one incident is only one incident that doesn't prove that Thanos can react and move to a Superman blitz because fallen one was never proven to even exceed the speed of sound within the first 3 meters. Superman would win this fight alone.

What is the fastest Supes and Thor fought combat wise? Someone not getting the chance to flinch?

Come on now.

Show me some scans of some nanoseconds fighting speed.

quanchi112
What is the fastest Supes and Thor fought combat wise? Someone not getting the chance to flinch?

Come on now.

Show me some scans of some nanoseconds fighting speed. You know he doesn't have any.

h1a8
You betcha. These abilities have already been proven so the burden is on you to prove otherwise.

No they haven't. It wasn't proven that Thanos can attack with shields up.
Speculation and inference isn't proof. Second, it wasn't shown that Fallen One can move fast as Superman within a short distance. Not to mention that 1 feat holds astronomically less weight than say 3 or more.

Kris Blaze
Why don't you two take it to the battlezone.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>