King Thor vs the GL corps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Can the GL army defeat an Odin force empowered T-God?

Lord Feron
Just the Green Lantern or Guardians and Ion?

JakeTheBank
The entire Corps?

They should be able to beat him, imo.

lawest9
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Just the Green Lantern or Guardians and Ion? The Guardians and Ion are not included, but I'll like to add to it in two separate scenarios.

1. vs the GL corp

2. vs the guardians.

3 vs the first Ion (kyle Rayner)

xJLxKing
Corps, easily

Kris Blaze
Time freeze - death

JakeTheBank
1. The Corps should win, but they'd lose some numbers here. The top tier GL's alone would make things difficult for King Thor.
2. The Guardians should win this pretty decisively.
3. Ion wins.

lawest9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The entire Corps?

They should be able to beat him, imo. The only reason that I'll agree that MAY be a possibility is because Thor is not as adept or experience at using the OF as his pops Odin was.

And doesn't have the mindset to assess the full potential of that power as the OF in the form of his father once told him.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by lawest9
The only reason that I'll agree that MAY be a possibility is because Thor is not as adept or experience at using the OF as his pops Odin was.

And doesn't have the mindset to assess the full potential of that power as the OF in the form of his father once told him.
King Thor's had the Odinforce for 200 years or so. He's got -some- experience, and sufficient to deal with this.

Timefreeze and shitstomp.

galactusischere
Thor loses in all scenarios.

Slaanesh
GL corps stomp..

Blanket
Thor doesn't win

quanchi112
King Thor decimates the gl corps. The Guardians also fall to Thor.

batdude123
facepalm

Blanket
lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
facepalm Most of the corps are jokes. Prime went through them like a knife goes through butter. Hal also had his arm broken in record time. King Thor's more powerful than Prime to boot.

The Guardians would be a harder fought victory, but seeing as how they have went down before an dhow completely wimpish they fared against a weakened Sc Am and Prime thor absolutely beats them.

chomperx9
the entire GL corps wins. theres 100s of GLs just to many for king thor to win.

Slaanesh
Prime >>>> Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
the entire GL corps wins. theres 100s of GLs just to many for king thor to win. Prime took 30 out and injured hal in no time. Most are canon fodder.

celeyhyga17
He aint passin the Guardians.

chomperx9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Prime took 30 out and injured hal in no time. Most are canon fodder. 30 is a small # compared to the total of GLs in the cor

vansonbee
King Thor decimates the gl corps. The Guardians also fall to Thor. 200 yr experience King Thor, I totally agree!

Blanket
There was a time Galactus was question of beating the GL's. Now they're no comp for King Thor...

quanchi112
30 is a small # compared to the total of GLs in the cor Prime hadn't even worked up a sweat that that point. It was easy.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He aint passin the Guardians. What makes you think otherwise?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Slaanesh
GL corps stomp..

thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up How? Which ones would make a difference and actually hurt Thor?

Thor beat the Hulk, Wolverine, Strange, and America all without the odinforce. This is King Thor meaning he stomps through the corps even worse than Prime.

Q99
The maximum strength of the GL corps is 6,400~.

Casualties and such keep it somewhat lower, but... 6,400! One of whom is a planet!

The force that intercepted Prime was a small group counted in the dozens.

Also I'll point out the Alpha Lanterns, who are more powerful and can be made to blow up rather impressively if suicide attacks are called for too.

iceman24567
Thor gets beat down here

chomperx9
How? Which ones would make a difference and actually hurt Thor?

which ones would make a difference ? thor isnt fighting each one individually. the entire cor can work as one and use all the rings energy together at one time. theres 1000s of GLs i just dont see how king thor would last.

gogogadgetgo
King thor would eventually lose. lets face it. king thor sucked with the odin power, even after 200yrs of wielding it.

most if not all of the cannon fodder gls will end up getting killed with the big guns working together putting a stop to his rampage.

gogogadgetgo
which ones would make a difference ? thor isnt fighting each one individually. the entire cor can work as one and use all the rings energy together at one time. theres 1000s of GLs i just dont see how king thor would last.

now there's something interesting. if the entire gl corps were to form a line from weakest to most powerful, would king thor clear the cannon fodder and reach the big guns or would he get tired eventually and loose to a whimp?

Q99
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
now there's something interesting. if the entire gl corps were to form a line from weakest to most powerful, would king thor clear the cannon fodder and reach the big guns or would he get tired eventually and loose to a whimp?

Well, a hundred fodder all blasting at once would still be quite a danger.

the ninjak
If it was the GL corps invading Valhalla it would be interesting, an army VS an army.

GLs ftw. 200 years is an infant in God age

Kasper Gutman
Ok lets change this up. How would Odin fare against the entire green lantern corps?

Batman-Prime
SBP faced mostly rookies and killed 32 IIRC. No Alpha Lanterns, Hal and Guy came later etc. The whole GLC would stomp RKT, even the weakest 300 should do it (with Guy to lead them shifty ). This is spite... SPITE? THIS IS OAAAAA!

DarkOdin
Ehh Although King Thor was a brute The whole Gl corps could cause him damage heck the guardians well them should be skyfather level but i guess there are closer to sub-skyfather or translevel.

Anyway as long as King Thor fights smart i can see him take this for s small majority 6-7 out of 10. He is going to have to us emjolnit energy absorbation which will make must rookie GL canon fodder, Time stop, And unleashing some huge blast of the Odinpower to do it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Q99
The maximum strength of the GL corps is 6,400~.

Casualties and such keep it somewhat lower, but... 6,400! One of whom is a planet!

The force that intercepted Prime was a small group counted in the dozens.

Also I'll point out the Alpha Lanterns, who are more powerful and can be made to blow up rather impressively if suicide attacks are called for too. 7200+
3600 space sectors, 2 GL's per sector. Some located also exclusively on OA
Alpha Lanterns, etc.

Q99
I'd still give it to the Corps just as solidly. There's still too many of them with too much power.

Originally posted by Juntai
7200+

Oh yea, 3,600 sectors. I was thinking 3,200.

So, 7,200~. Minus casualties, but plus Honor Guard, Alphas, 'the Corpse', and the Clarissi (Salaak) and other Oa-based lanterns (I think Kilowog isn't assigned to a sector any more).

I don't know if they've ever reached full staff since their reformation, honestly, so I'd bet they're a few hundred short, but still, plenty of lanterns.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Ehh Although King Thor was a brute The whole Gl corps could cause him damage heck the guardians well them should be skyfather level but i guess there are closer to sub-skyfather or translevel.

Anyway as long as King Thor fights smart i can see him take this for s small majority 6-7 out of 10. He is going to have to us emjolnit energy absorbation which will make must rookie GL canon fodder, Time stop, And unleashing some huge blast of the Odinpower to do it.

That would work if he would face them one on one. All together they stomp him, pretty fast and pretty hard. He will have to be reborn at least 7200 times before he realises what he went up against.

As for the Guardians, that would make this spite thread a spity spite thread.

DarkOdin
That would work if he would face them one on one. All together they stomp him, pretty fast and pretty hard. He will have to be reborn at least 7200 times before he realises what he went up against.

As for the Guardians, that would make this spite thread a spity spite thread. Given that any green laternn would have to use th ering power on Thor he could just suck them dry not so much Hal kyle and etc.. but yes the rookies would go down fast. The guaridans are the only thing that could put Thor down the top tier GL would get some goo hits in but not enough to put king Thor down and the Odinpower would rip the guardians apart

Batman-Prime
Given that any green laternn would have to use th ering power on Thor he could just suck them dry not so much Hal kyle and etc.. but yes the rookies would go down fast. The guaridans are the only thing that could put Thor down the top tier GL would get some goo hits in but not enough to put king Thor down and the Odinpower would rip the guardians apart

Delusional or wishful thinking IMO. 7200 rings at work, 1 strike, a combined force ala Mandrakk just much much bigger would put KT down for good.
As for the Guardians. If they are Sub-Skyfather - Skyfather level, you would need 2-4 to take KT down. He is after all just an Skyfather.

quanchi112
which ones would make a difference ? thor isnt fighting each one individually. the entire cor can work as one and use all the rings energy together at one time. theres 1000s of GLs i just dont see how king thor would last. Odinforce and him throwing his hammer proves he'd last. Most go down instantly. I don't see them bringing enough power to bear on him.

SBP faced mostly rookies and killed 32 IIRC. No Alpha Lanterns, Hal and Guy came later etc. The whole GLC would stomp RKT, even the weakest 300 should do it (with Guy to lead them shifty ). This is spite... SPITE? THIS IS OAAAAA! You didn't read about Rk Thor. This much is obvious.

DarkOdin
Delusional or wishful thinking IMO. 7200 rings at work, 1 strike, a combined force ala Mandrakk just much much bigger would put KT down for good.
As for the Guardians. If they are Sub-Skyfather - Skyfather level, you would need 2-4 to take KT down. He is after all just an Skyfather. If 7200 ring attack Thor at once he could just absorb the enregy right into Mjolnir and throw it back at them with more power behind it. Mjolnir has absorb energy that would of destroyed 1/5 of the unirvese before so the rings power is no a problem.

I see what you say about the guardiians powers they should be abel to overpower Thor but then again if Thor plays smart and goes after the guardians physically he would pound them via superman prime

quanchi112
If 7200 ring attack Thor at once he could just absorb the enregy right into Mjolnir and throw it back at them with more power behind it. Mjolnir has absorb energy that would of destroyed 1/5 of the unirvese before so the rings power is no a problem.

I see what you say about the guardiians powers they should be abel to overpower Thor but then again if Thor plays smart and goes after the guardians physically he would pound them via superman prime Not only that but add on to this fact the guardians were completely ineffective against a weakened Am.

Q99
If 7200 ring attack Thor at once he could just absorb the enregy right into Mjolnir and throw it back at them with more power behind it. Mjolnir has absorb energy that would of destroyed 1/5 of the unirvese before so the rings power is no a problem.

And if, instead, say 1,000 lanterns shot him in the back while he was preoccupied with others in the front?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
And if, instead, say 1,000 lanterns shot him in the back while he was preoccupied with others in the front? You are setting up a scenario in which KT loses. I don't see it happening based on his power levels and abilities. Most of these gl's are completely worthless.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Q99
And if, instead, say 1,000 lanterns shot him in the back while he was preoccupied with others in the front? He could use Mjolnir to create a sheild around that would protect him while he unleashes some odinpower on them. or Mjolnir can still just absorb the blast and redirect hit to his hammer Thor doesn't have to point in one direction. Not too mentin with the number of GL around they would be getting in each others way. But like i said thor has to fight smart if he just charges head long into the fight they will wear him down and win.

Batman-Prime
So you would need a scenario where KT fights to his best, the GL to their worst, they won't do anything but blast at Thor from the front, wating till he is ready because they are gentleman, all the while the Guardians would watch and wait till KT comes for them one on one, where they would see how much hits they can take before passing out.

Yeah if KT fights that smart and you set up such a scenario this way, it could actually work.

7200 Lanterns, rookies and top GL's, Alpha Lanterns, Guardians and people still believe that a single Skyfather can take even 1 win? rolleyes2

DarkOdin
So you would need a scenario where KT fights to his best, the GL to their worst, they won't do anything but blast at Thor from the front, wating till he is ready because they are gentleman, all the while the Guardians would watch and wait till KT comes for them one on one, where they would see how much hits they can take before passing out.

given that Thor has an ace in the hole Mjolnir, He can abosrb all the energy they try to use on him. It is either H2H which the numbers would only allow them to fight in waves close to how SMP handle them or They blast him in which he could just absorb there energy amp it and fire back no strain on him. or they can try to trap him but then again he absorb that too

Yeah if KT fights that smart and you set up such a scenario this way, it could actually work.

7200 Lanterns, rookies and top GL's, Alpha Lanterns, Guardians and people still believe that a single Skyfather can take even 1 win? rolleyes2 Well considering the Lanterns and party have huge numbers Thor is not stupid he would have to play defendsive. Thor doesn't have any options he as too fight this way. The Gl corps is a crap shoot and 95% of them are just cannon fodder anyway

Batman-Prime
Well considering the Lanterns and party have huge numbers Thor is not stupid he would have to play defendsive. Thor doesn't have any options he as too fight this way. The Gl corps is a crap shoot and 95% of them are just cannon fodder anyway

I agree on the cannon fodder part. But there are also veterans in the corps, competent minds and good tacticians. You would do some serious injustice if you don't take their influence into account.

DarkOdin
I agree on the cannon fodder part. But there are also veterans in the corps, competent minds and good tacticians. You would do some serious injustice if you don't take their influence into account.

True sorry let me explain my stand on this it would make it clearer.

1. vs the GL corp

King Thor playing it smart imo 3/10 He has the right combation of energy absorbation and brute power to get thru

2. vs the guardians.

Thor for 6-7 of 10 Thor should be have to been on pair energy wise and mjolnir to protect him but the guardians don't have a answer for his Thor's strength or durability

3 vs the first Ion (kyle Rayner) Wasn't this guy like paralax level "first version" If so Ion stomps him

xJLxKing
King Thor losses.

He can't beat
Alpha Lantern, 7200 Lanterns, 9 Guardians, Ion. Not happening

DarkOdin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
King Thor losses.

He can't beat
Alpha Lantern, 7200 Lanterns, 9 Guardians, Ion. Not happening Read the OP 2nd post it is 3 different senerios

xJLxKing
Read the OP 2nd post it is 3 different senerios

okay

1. vs the GL corpI just answered it

2. vs the guardians. King Thor

3 vs the first Ion (kyle Rayner)
Ion

batdude123
Given that any green laternn would have to use th ering power on Thor he could just suck them dry not so much Hal kyle and etc.. but yes the rookies would go down fast. The guaridans are the only thing that could put Thor down the top tier GL would get some goo hits in but not enough to put king Thor down and the Odinpower would rip the guardians apart

Thor is not beating 7200 Lanterns.

WTF is wrong with you people?

quanchi112

WTF is wrong with you people? Most of them are completely useless and very easy to kill. Even the more experienced users are less than crap when compared to someone like Prime let alone King Thor.

batdude123
The SBP example doesn't even apply here. Prime went through 30 of them... Thor is facing all 7200+.

He. Does. Not. Win.

quanchi112
The SBP example doesn't even apply here. Prime went through 30 of them... Thor is facing all 7200+.

He. Does. Not. Win. I know their numbers are spiked here. I honestly can't see them putting Thor down. he can absorb/redirect their attacks and basically one shot most of them. His power level was so high he destroyed the destroyer with one hammer toss.

Lord Feron
99.9% of the GLC is trash. But I think the dozen or 2 would be a threat if they prepped while allowing most of the fodder weaken thor. But not sure...

I mean if the top guys go down 1st, the GLC doesn't really stand a chance.

JakeTheBank
And wouldn't King Thor have to rely primarily on the Odinforce because he was unworthy to wield Mjolnir?

Philosophía

WTF is wrong with you people?

seuduz
i will tell you whats wrong with people here its the fact that this board became a huge wanking party for thor fanboys and it became so idiotic and redicolous that soon people will say thor can beat living tribunal and full power tyrant at the same time

Lord Feron
Sorry just the fodder GL are..... um... exactly that...fodder GL... sooo.. yaa....

Anyway he shouldn't be able to get pass the guardians imo.

Really Thor wanking eh? Want to go back to wanking Supes, or Batman, or whatever character you like. If you you hate reading posts on this board so much why the **** are you here? You really only have 3 options. STFU, GTO, Or this might sound crazy, but just might work if you debate and actually try to change the views of people instead of bitching and moaning. We are on a debate forum but if you think you are above actually debating in a "V.S." Forum than you still have 2 other options left.

And no I don't give a shit if you reply to this, it is for you to read and people who are like you and hopefully you can spend your time doing something other than giving yourself heartache over comicbook forums.

Well tahts my good deed of the day.. angel_not

DarkOdin
And wouldn't King Thor have to rely primarily on the Odinforce because he was unworthy to wield Mjolnir? In the beggining he was able wo wield Mjolnir and at the very end he was able to wield Mjolnir he reagined is worthyness "is that even a word lol"

And If King Thor doesn't get Mjolnir. THen he is not getting even 1 out of 10. IMO Mjolnir is needed in order to absorb the green laterns fire power

JakeTheBank
In the beggining he was able wo wield Mjolnir and at the very end he was able to wield Mjolnir he reagined is worthyness "is that even a word lol"

Yeah, I know that, but would he have Mjolnir for the sake of this battle? Personally, I always figured that since he spent more time as "King Thor" without Mjolnir than with it, for the sake of forum battles, he would be without it unless otherwise specificially stated. But it's really up to the OP here. With it, his chances would be better, but I can't see him overcoming the entire Corps.

DarkOdin
Yeah, I know that, but would he have Mjolnir for the sake of this battle? Personally, I always figured that since he spent more time as "King Thor" without Mjolnir than with it, for the sake of forum battles, he would be without it unless otherwise specificially stated. But it's really up to the OP here. With it, his chances would be better, but I can't see him overcoming the entire Corps. KingThor did have Mjolnir for a long ass time too hold only lost it during lord of Earth i think for all of Lord of asagrd he had Mjolnir and then after the reigning he had it must current version or should i say last version of KingThor had Mjolnir but i hear what you are saying

And like i pointed out in one of my older post i can see him taking 3 out of 10 against the corps depneding on how the battle pans out but not the majority

JakeTheBank
KingThor did have Mjolnir for a long ass time too hold only lost it during lord of Earth i think for all of Lord of asagrd he had Mjolnir and then after the reigning he had it must current version or should i say last version of KingThor had Mjolnir but i hear what you are saying

And like i pointed out in one of my older post i can see him taking 3 out of 10 against the corps depneding on how the battle pans out but not the majority

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I always figured that King Thor, at least to me, meant Thor during the Reigning with the one arm and lack of Mjolnir, but with the Odinforce firmly at his command (and the centuries of experience). Though you are right in the sense that at the end of the arc, he does become "worthy again". I think that a couple hundred of GL's would overwhelm him here. Thousands of them attacking in concert is overkill.

DarkOdin
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I always figured that King Thor, at least to me, meant Thor during the Reigning with the one arm and lack of Mjolnir, but with the Odinforce firmly at his command (and the centuries of experience). Though you are right in the sense that at the end of the arc, he does become "worthy again". I think that a couple hundred of GL's would overwhelm him here. Thousands of them attacking in concert is overkill. Thats were i think he can pull some wins out with all the energy that the Gl are throwing at him Mjolnir would have a field day throwing back them amped up. However this will not work for a majority win. The only way i can ee KingThor get a majrity win off the whole corps is if with CIS off he unleash the Odinpower odin style and bust some f-in galaxies this is in thors powerset but not in his character so the Corps will take this

And just think of this way when SMP ripped thru the GL's he did it on pure durability KingThor with Mjolnir doesn't have to tank the hits as Mjolnir would cover is butt

Nihilist
GL's win.

Kris Blaze
"There are many lanterns"

Shit don't matter. The only ones that will make a lick of a difference are the top dogs. The other ones are fodder and COMPLETELY worthless. No energy blast will affect him, no physical attacks will affect him. The only, and only god damn ones that matter are Kilowog and Salaak who are responsible for organizing the corps. As long as those guys are alive, the corps will work as a unit and stomp. It should not be a problem for King Thor to deal with those two however.

Guardians or Ion are too much.

Blanket
The GL's line up in a single file line straight enough with their guard down so that a hammer toss goes straight through all of them.

That is how I see a well written battle going...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Blanket
The GL's line up in a single file line straight enough with their guard down so that a hammer toss goes straight through all of them.

That is how I see a well written battle going...
King Thor is allowed his hammer?

-Pr-
Lanterns win.

Blanket
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
King Thor is allowed his hammer? King Thor wins without his hammer? King Thor wins with his hammer is also a question as well... but, anyway...

Kris Blaze
King Thor wins without his hammer? King Thor wins with his hammer is also a question as well... but, anyway...
The only way he'll win is by time-freeze and he doesn't need his hammer for that.

Blanket
Better scenario than throwing his hammer away and defeating everyone...

But, I don't recall Thor freezing time against this many people.

Kris Blaze

Shouldn't matter really.

When you freeze time, everybody around is involved. I think it's more the area than the number of people affected. So it would rely on the size of the battlefield imo.

Starscream M

That is how I see a well written battle going... Lantern Bowling!

batdude123
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/1989-03-14_Action_Comics_642_22_GL.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/c1772a9d.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/ee04c321.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl51_05.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl63_22.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/4213f3c7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/TimeMasters_07_p13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlanterncorps215-08horus.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlanterncorps215-21horus.jpg

quanchi112
And wouldn't King Thor have to rely primarily on the Odinforce because he was unworthy to wield Mjolnir? No, he became unworthy when he set up shop on earth and ruled over it for a few hundred years. When he became worthy again he destroyed the desak/destroyer.

Kris Blaze
Couple of things bats.

It's magic.

These scans assume that they are allowed to react and do something, once time is frozen they can't do anything. Magni could've set back time with Mjolnir as well, but he was frozen.

JakeTheBank
No, he became unworthy when he set up shop on earth and ruled over it for a few hundred years. When he became worthy again he destroyed the desak/destroyer.

I thought he became unworthy after Thor moved Asgard above New York and winded up killing Jake Olsen after things went south between Asgard and the rest of the world. After that was when the story jumped hundreds of years forward into the future.

quanchi112
I thought he became unworthy after Thor moved Asgard above New York and winded up killing Jake Olsen after things went south between Asgard and the rest of the world. After that was when the story jumped hundreds of years forward into the future. Yes. he couldn't wield the hammer after that moment. He became so hard headed and separated from his humanity he became unreasonable and turned earth into a policed state.

Yes, you are correct though he couldn't lift up after that point and only managed to lift it when he became a hero and rediscovered his humanity and true purpose.

batdude123
It's magic.

Moot when the effects are the same.

These scans assume that they are allowed to react and do something, once time is frozen they can't do anything. Magni could've set back time with Mjolnir as well, but he was frozen.

Hal stops time before Thor ftw.

Kris Blaze

Hal stops time before Thor ftw.
Not moot at all actually. A magical energy blast can be completely different from say one derived from scientific powers. Magic powered by the Odinforce will be far harder to resist than a green lantern ring.

Scans to support Hal freezing someone vastly more powerful.

OneDumbG0

Hal stops time before Thor ftw. One stops time and enables you to physically act. The other stops time when you're on the verge of death so you can talk to people as a ghost. Slight distinction, no?

After Thor nearly kills him, Hal stops time. Then he goes back to his body and Thor fully kills him. That's... that's ftl I think. mmm

batdude123
Not moot at all actually. A magical energy blast can be completely different from say one derived from scientific powers. Magic powered by the Odinforce will be far harder to resist than a green lantern ring.

Aside from this being complete speculation, we aren't talking about magical blasts vs. scientific blasts. We're talking about time stopping. The means are different, yes, but the effects are the same.

Scans to support Hal freezing someone vastly more powerful.

Hal has stopped time on a solar system-wide and a global-wide scale.

Now, scans to support King Thor being vastly more powerful.

On a side note, I'm doing this mainly to show how ridiculous it is to assume King Thor defeats 7200 Lanterns based on time manipulation.

OneDumbG0
Aside from this being complete speculation, we aren't talking about magical blasts vs. scientific blasts. We're talking about time stopping. The means are different, yes, but the effects are the same.Odinforce has stopped time before, IIRC. Even Mjolnir's stopped time before. The effects are distinguishable because Thor can physically act and Hal can't. Originally posted by batdude123
Hal has stopped time on a solar system-wide and a global-wide scale.Ahem. Pre-Crisis Hal placed everyone within a 1000 mile radius of the planet in suspended animation. It wasn't "solar system-wide" by any stretch of the imagination.

Kris Blaze
Aside from this being complete speculation, we aren't talking about magical blasts vs. scientific blasts. We're talking about time stopping. The means are different, yes, but the effects are the same.

Hal has stopped time on a solar system-wide and a global-wide scale.

Now, scans to support King Thor being vastly more powerful.

On a side note, I'm doing this mainly to show how ridiculous it is to assume King Thor defeats 7200 Lanterns based on time manipulation.
So lies and cheats?

What is complete speculation? Sure you understand the difference between something achieved by using a GL ring and magic?

Scans? You're not familiar with King Thor? He only has like 20 comics he's involved in no expression

batdude123
Scans? You're not familiar with King Thor? He only has like 20 comics he's involved in no expression

That's my point.

I'm not as impressed with KT as some are around here. Certainly not enough to say he beats the entire Corps, anyway.

Meh.

kgkg
Lanterns

Kris Blaze
That's my point.

I'm not as impressed with KT as some are around here. Certainly not enough to say he beats the entire Corps, anyway.

Meh.
You asked me to prove that he was more powerful than Hal Jordan no expression

That's different from "not impressed" and borders more in the denial category.

gogogadgetgo

odin did it to the earth's population iirc. question is, does King thor have the bains to do just that?

personally i think not. king thor would probably kill a thousand or so gls before he runs out of juice then he gets killed.

Kris Blaze
odin did it to the earth's population iirc. question is, does King thor have the bains to do just that?

personally i think not. king thor would probably kill a thousand or so gls before he runs out of juice then he gets killed.
He's never running out of juice.

King Thor's stopped time as well, easy peasy.

Endless Mike
I doubt he's beating 7200 GLs

quanchi112

King Thor's stopped time as well, easy peasy. That's not proof he uses this tactic to win the majority though. Why didn't he just stop time against desak then?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I doubt he's beating 7200 GLs
7000 or so of those are rookies or at the very best moderately experienced. Remember how few veterans there were left at the start of GLC?

Marvel_Slayer
Thor gets stomped by the Lanterns
Any of the Guardians can solo as well

Spite thread

Q99
7000 or so of those are rookies or at the very best moderately experienced. Remember how few veterans there were left at the start of GLC?

Even rookies in number can matter. And there's been enough time that a fair number of those have a few years in the field or are naturally pretty talented. A portion will also have their own non-lantern powers or advantages as well, like the Durlan black-ops lantern.

Hm, I wonder how the smallpox lantern would do.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Q99
Even rookies in number can matter. And there's been enough time that a fair number of those have a few years in the field or are naturally pretty talented. A portion will also have their own non-lantern powers or advantages as well, like the Durlan black-ops lantern.

Hm, I wonder how the smallpox lantern would do.
It takes more than a year or two, which is what they've had at best, to drop the rookie status. More than half of these guys would not be able to stop a yellow truck. Have you read any of the Green Lantern annual comics? In some of those they show us the daily lives of other green lanterns. Nobody's even close to the low herald ranking, let alone making a difference here.

This fight doesn't take place in the DC verse where throwing another street level into the fray might actually make a difference. Anybody below herald won't be able to affect him, let alone do damage. You could throw 500 fodder lanterns against Superman and I bet you that he could kill them with his heat vision alone.

Q99
It takes more than a year or two, which is what they've had at best, to drop the rookie status. More than half of these guys would not be able to stop a yellow truck. Have you read any of the Green Lantern annual comics? In some of those they show us the daily lives of other green lanterns. Nobody's even close to the low herald ranking, let alone making a difference here.

This fight doesn't take place in the DC verse where throwing another street level into the fray might actually make a difference. Anybody below herald won't be able to affect him, let alone do damage. You could throw 500 fodder lanterns against Superman and I bet you that he could kill them with his heat vision alone.

Nooo, I'm pretty sure 500 fodder lanterns would slap Superman in constructs and drag him to an Oan science cell without much fight.

It was 30~40 fodders who stopped Superboy Prime's rush to Oa.

I haven't read the annuals, but I have read GL Corps, and there's a lot of lanterns there that have joined since Recharge/Rebirth who aren't bad. Isamot and Vath, for example.

Warlord
the whole corps would be too much for even OF Thor IMO

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Q99
Nooo, I'm pretty sure 500 fodder lanterns would slap Superman in constructs and drag him to an Oan science cell without much fight.

It was 30~40 fodders who stopped Superboy Prime's rush to Oa.

I haven't read the annuals, but I have read GL Corps, and there's a lot of lanterns there that have joined since Recharge/Rebirth who aren't bad. Isamot and Vath, for example.
Isamot and Vath are both formerly trained warriors. Though awesome and good characters, they would be fleas compared to King Thor. Several hundred lanterns against Superman would go -EXACTLY- like it did in Superman: Red Son.

It was not just the fodders, but Guy Gardner among others. It's also not that big a feat when Prime started trashing them as soon as he fought back. Putting up a green wall that Prime flew straight into does not really say anything about combat expertise. It says that they know how to pool their abilities in a laughably basic manner. Which is why, like I've already said, guys like Salaak and Kilwog make or break the first scenario.

OneDumbG0
^ Singling out Guy Gardner out of all the other GL's demonstrates at least a passing knowledgability of the GL Corps...

... which is shattered by suggesting that Guy's plan was unsophisticated. uhuh

Blanket
This thread... has lasted 6 pages. no expression

batdude123
Of course, Bran.

Struggling to repair to the moon>>>>>>anything 7200 Lanterns are capable of.

JakeTheBank
I don't see how Thor wins here, tbh, and I've tried.

Blanket
Of course, Bran.

Struggling to repair to the moon>>>>>>anything 7200 Lanterns are capable of. I can't help but feel that this is Rage of Olympus' fault for arguing like he virginity depended on Thor winning. Now everyone has turned into a Thor fanatic.

Kris Blaze
Of course, Bran.

Struggling to repair to the moon>>>>>>anything 7200 Lanterns are capable of.
I honestly, truly believe that those 7200 lanterns can not create a beam as strong as Desak+The destroyer.

quanchi112
Of course, Bran.

Struggling to repair to the moon>>>>>>anything 7200 Lanterns are capable of. How many gl's could take the destroyer's head off?

Q99
Isamot and Vath are both formerly trained warriors. Though awesome and good characters, they would be fleas compared to King Thor. Several hundred lanterns against Superman would go -EXACTLY- like it did in Superman: Red Son.

And so are a lot of other recruits, and sure they're flees, but there's 7,200 of them.

Red Son lanterns didn't show a fraction of the power of normal corpspeople, especially the ones with duplicate rings. Everyone but Superman was powered down there and/or Superman was powered up.

So what if it's a basic manner? You have 70 groups all doing that at once (+the stronger individuals doing their thing too) and you have a ton to worry about. You don't need more than basic when you have 7,200 to 1 numerical advantage.

JakeTheBank
I mean, I don't think that King Thor is so far beyond the combined forces of Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, Kilowog, Arisia, Salaak, and the other mid-to-highly experienced Lanterns at the Corps disposal. 7200 is above and beyond what's required to beat King Thor.

quanchi112
I mean, I don't think that King Thor is so far beyond the combined forces of Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, Kilowog, Arisia, Salaak, and the other mid-to-highly experienced Lanterns at the Corps disposal. 7200 is above and beyond what's required to beat King Thor. Not if he's going all out. We've seen what he's capable of. I know the number of 7200 seems overwhelming but Thor himself at classic levels has taken on groups of trolls, etc. without using his best abilities.

King Thor can basically oneshot everyone he comes across.He also tanked the destroyer beams which are far more powerful than any gl construct which they can bring to bear.

Q99
I'll point out that all the Corps firing at once is pretty much the entire output of the central battery. We know of two beings who have controlled the entire output of the central battery. Parallax (Hal) and Ion (Classic).

Either of which I'd put well above the Destroyer.

JakeTheBank
Not if he's going all out. We've seen what he's capable of. I know the number of 7200 seems overwhelming but Thor himself at classic levels has taken on groups of trolls, etc. without using his best abilities.

King Thor can basically oneshot everyone he comes across.He also tanked the destroyer beams which are far more powerful than any gl construct which they can bring to bear.

Yeah, Thor is incredibly powerful, but the comparison to the Corps to trolls is a bit unfair, imo. Despite being fodder in the general sense, each of them offers Thor a decent distraction simply due to their versatility and sheer numbers. Thor isn't going to know which Lanterns are the main threats, and a continuous onslaught from thousands of Lanterns are going to take it's toll on him.

I agree that no one single Lantern would probably be able to equal the damage output of the Destroyer's beams, but in the long run, it's going to add up. And that's without taking into effect that any fallen Lanterns will leave behind spare weapons for the remaining survivors.

Blanket
I honestly, truly believe that those 7200 lanterns can not create a beam as strong as Desak+The destroyer. Didn't less rock Entropy Krona?

And I didn't realize they were DBZ'ing their power into one blast to blast at King Thor channeling all his power into one blast. Whoever focuses harder wins.

Kris Blaze
Q99 and Jake.

We saw how poorly the heralds fared against Odin. They were all one-shotted, and unable to inflict any lasting damage. Thor has shown that he can stop Surtur when using the Odinforce and hardly any practice. It's not unreasonable to assume that he would reach Odin's level after 300-400 years, considering that he once trumped Surtur. KT's opponents are running on a set charge here and the Odinforce is limitless.

It is true that basics will win them the match here. A basic shield/teleport block and they've got him right where they want him. But this still won't help if he moves his hand to the side and stops time. It doesn't matter if they can manipulate time, since this is an ability which requires them to be able to move and think freely. Being able to travel through time does not make one immune to being frozen in time.
Didn't less rock Entropy Krona?

And I didn't realize they were DBZ'ing their power into one blast to blast at King Thor channeling all his power into one blast. Whoever focuses harder wins.
DC seems to have a very different opinion of the difference pooling resources has. Like Zero Hour, where Batgirl and Green Arrow can make a difference against Parallax.

Blanket
Right. Let's not use feats for the Lantern side because one time the pooled powers of _________ did something against _________.

Kris Blaze
Right. Let's not use feats for the Lantern side because one time the pooled powers of _________ did something against _________.
Just saying, it adds up differently in DC.

Blanket
Just saying, it adds up differently in DC. Only when they throw in characters that they wrote themselves into having to be at the final battle.

It's not like Batgirl/Green Arrow were fighting an uber durable guy though either...

Kris Blaze
Only when they throw in characters that they wrote themselves into having to be at the final battle.

It's not like Batgirl/Green Arrow were fighting an uber durable guy though either...
Kiddin' me? Parallax took a shitload.

But yeah, this isn't working. King Thor is going down.

Blanket
Let me rephrase that...

It's not like they were fighting the most durable guy/did really anything though.

gogogadgetgo

King Thor's stopped time as well, easy peasy.

yes he will, so will odin. why do you think they need to take some nappy time every now and then? or was it once a month? depending on their usage of he odinforce.

Lord Feron
yes he will, so will odin. why do you think they need to take some nappy time every now and then? or was it once a month? depending on their usage of he odinforce.

i don't think that how the odin sleep works....

anyway, i don't think thor has to do that, atleast not from what i saw.

quanchi112
Yeah, Thor is incredibly powerful, but the comparison to the Corps to trolls is a bit unfair, imo. Despite being fodder in the general sense, each of them offers Thor a decent distraction simply due to their versatility and sheer numbers. Thor isn't going to know which Lanterns are the main threats, and a continuous onslaught from thousands of Lanterns are going to take it's toll on him.

I agree that no one single Lantern would probably be able to equal the damage output of the Destroyer's beams, but in the long run, it's going to add up. And that's without taking into effect that any fallen Lanterns will leave behind spare weapons for the remaining survivors. My point was only that Thor has fared very well against overwhelming odds before without whipping out his best stuff at classic levels. King Thor was tanking obliteration blasts from the Destroyer.

He can oneshot each lantern he basically attacks.

It won't add up in team. They have nowhere near the power to beat Thor before he walks through these guys.

JakeTheBank
My point was only that Thor has fared very well against overwhelming odds before without whipping out his best stuff at classic levels. King Thor was tanking obliteration blasts from the Destroyer.

He can oneshot each lantern he basically attacks.

It won't add up in team. They have nowhere near the power to beat Thor before he walks through these guys.

Again, I'm not disputing Thor's (much less King Thor's) durability or his offense capabilities, but 7200 Lanterns is a lot, especially if they pool together resources and power to combat a single threat. Individual Lanterns such as Hal or Kyle have also faced insane odds and dire threats and have overcome them to say nothing of the Corps as a whole.

Sure, if Thor can hit them, he can oneshot most of the Lanterns, but I think you're underestimating the Corps' ability to work together, strategize, and get the job done. Every Lantern Thor puts down just leaves behind a power ring for another Lantern to wield, however briefly. I mean, hundreds of power rings add up in terms of firepower and damage. Even garden variety rookies can offer something to the battle plan, either by slowing Thor down or restricting him somehow.

But, I can see we're probably not going to agree here. I just have a hard time believing King Thor can solo the entire Green Lantern Corps, including the Alpha Lanterns, Mogo, The Corpse, etc.

Do you think King Thor beats the Guardians all at once and is able to defeat Ion?

quanchi112
Again, I'm not disputing Thor's (much less King Thor's) durability or his offense capabilities, but 7200 Lanterns is a lot, especially if they pool together resources and power to combat a single threat. Individual Lanterns such as Hal or Kyle have also faced insane odds and dire threats and have overcome them to say nothing of the Corps as a whole.

Sure, if Thor can hit them, he can oneshot most of the Lanterns, but I think you're underestimating the Corps' ability to work together, strategize, and get the job done. Every Lantern Thor puts down just leaves behind a power ring for another Lantern to wield, however briefly. I mean, hundreds of power rings add up in terms of firepower and damage. Even garden variety rookies can offer something to the battle plan, either by slowing Thor down or restricting him somehow.

But, I can see we're probably not going to agree here. I just have a hard time believing King Thor can solo the entire Green Lantern Corps, including the Alpha Lanterns, Mogo, The Corpse, etc.

Do you think King Thor beats the Guardians all at once and is able to defeat Ion? Due to heroes having to win against overwhelming odds. This happens all the time, but in a forum battle it doesn't.

I'd rather not get sidetracked into another mini debate here with King Thor taking on half of the dc universe.

If Thor fights to the best of his ability and the corps does the gl's lose.

Too powerful, too durable, the odinforce is too much.

JakeTheBank
Due to heroes having to win against overwhelming odds. This happens all the time, but in a forum battle it doesn't.

I'd rather not get sidetracked into another mini debate here with King Thor taking on half of the dc universe.

If Thor fights to the best of his ability and the corps does the gl's lose.

Too powerful, too durable, the odinforce is too much.

Well, I only said that the Corps overcome the odds in response to you saying that Thor does, which is true in both cases. It doesn't mean a whole lot in a forum battle, but taking into account things such as mettle and, of course, willpower, it is a valid point to make for characters.

He's not going to be fighting half of the DC Universe. I only asked because the OP added later in the thread that the fight is split into three scenarios:

1.) King Thor vs. GLC (minus Guardians and Ion)
2.) King Thor vs. Guardians of the Universe
3.) King Thor vs. Ion (Classic)

I'm just curious to see where you stand on Thor's chances in the other fights.

I'm just of the opinion that if the entire Corps all fight to the best of their ability, their versatility and sheer power output will be enough to win this in spades.

quanchi112
Well, I only said that the Corps overcome the odds in response to you saying that Thor does, which is true in both cases. It doesn't mean a whole lot in a forum battle, but taking into account things such as mettle and, of course, willpower, it is a valid point to make for characters.

He's not going to be fighting half of the DC Universe. I only asked because the OP added later in the thread that the fight is split into three scenarios:

1.) King Thor vs. GLC (minus Guardians and Ion)
2.) King Thor vs. Guardians of the Universe
3.) King Thor vs. Ion (Classic)

I'm just curious to see where you stand on Thor's chances in the other fights.

I'm just of the opinion that if the entire Corps all fight to the best of their ability, their versatility and sheer power output will be enough to win this in spades. 1)King Thor
2)King Thor
3)Probably Ion.

Not a chance. Just like Prime easily waxes the gl's like batmen I can see Thor doing so even faster.

JakeTheBank
1)King Thor
2)King Thor
3)Probably Ion.

Not a chance. Just like Prime easily waxes the gl's like batmen I can see Thor doing so even faster.

Prime killed 32 Lanterns and injured Hal and a couple of others in the process. And iirc, the Lanterns weren't allowed to use excessive force until Prime killed about a dozen of them first in the span of seconds. If Prime were to face the entire Corps in a forum setting, he'd get his ass kicked. The fact that Guy and Hal were able to cause Prime enough discomfort to elicit even a groan from him, lets me know that if Prime fought all of them in concert, he would have lost, especially in a PIS/CIS free setting.

You also have to keep in mind that Prime's speed was a HUGE factor in how he massacred the Corps. While his strength and durability were both through the roof, his ability to quickly plow their the numbers helped him immensely. I don't see King Thor having the same advantage in terms of speed. Sure, he has enough power and durability to hold his own against about 30-40ish like Prime, but 7200 standard Green Lanterns from their respective sectors, the Alpha Lanterns, Lanterns residing on Oa, and the top tier Lanterns such as Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, etc is a lot for most Skyfather beings.

quanchi112
Prime killed 32 Lanterns and injured Hal and a couple of others in the process. And iirc, the Lanterns weren't allowed to use excessive force until Prime killed about a dozen of them first in the span of seconds. If Prime were to face the entire Corps in a forum setting, he'd get his ass kicked. The fact that Guy and Hal were able to cause Prime enough discomfort to elicit even a groan from him, lets me know that if Prime fought all of them in concert, he would have lost, especially in a PIS/CIS free setting.

You also have to keep in mind that Prime's speed was a HUGE factor in how he massacred the Corps. While his strength and durability were both through the roof, his ability to quickly plow their the numbers helped him immensely. I don't see King Thor having the same advantage in terms of speed. Sure, he has enough power and durability to hold his own against about 30-40ish like Prime, but 7200 standard Green Lanterns from their respective sectors, the Alpha Lanterns, Lanterns residing on Oa, and the top tier Lanterns such as Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, etc is a lot for most Skyfather beings. I agree Prime would probably go down against the entire corps mind you, but come on Superboy has fared better against Prime than these lanterns.

Prime also wasn't trying to stick around so he could have destroyed more if his goal wasn't to try and obliterate the universe.

For most skyfather beings not for King Thor. The odinforce has shown us the most impressive feats and demonstrations of power.

I just don't see these lanterns with their combined efforts bringing enough power to the table to defeat thor.

Endless Mike

Yes but if he's fighting them all at once he's going to deal with being overwhelmed by combined attacks from all of them.

quanchi112
Yes but if he's fighting them all at once he's going to deal with being overwhelmed by combined attacks from all of them. If an incenrator blast doesn't even really give him pause I really doubt he'll be overwhelmed.

Kris Blaze
You mean the ritual sleep that is required to take once a year? That has more to do with the physical limitations on Odin's body and soul than anything. I'm not saying Thor can go on fighting forever, I'm saying that he won't suddenly be "out of energy blasts" before his physical form is spent as well. We've seen how he can go on after several stabs and having a shitload of his energy absorbed.

The only times I can remember Odin being particularly tired is after he had to remove all of Asgard to another dimension/timeline. Also when he had been in war with the Dark Gods, tortured for a couple of months, continously had the Odinforce drained from his body and then was poisoned by Tarakis for several months after that again, preventing him from recuperating.

Yes but if he's fighting them all at once he's going to deal with being overwhelmed by combined attacks from all of them.
Like I said, he needs his time freeze to stand a chance here. But that's not say that there are ways for him to perform very well. These regular guys can't even dream about stopping black rings for more than a couple of seconds, and taking out a planet seems to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above the capabilities of most current lanterns. So yes, this fight will be all about co-ordinating attacks and working together. Which happens to be their speciality with Salaak and the best drill sergeant in the universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.