Raz (Psychonauts) v.s. Kain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Because for once I'm not making a spite thread against Kain. I think this is a close match.

Raz, or Rasputin, is the child from Psychonauts, which to be blunt, is a ****ing amazing game. He's a psychic who goes to a psychic summer camp to become a psychonaut, a psychic secret agent. All of the 'levels' are inside people's heads. no expression

If you have no played this game, seriously, go do so... NOW. no expression

This is end-game, fully powered up Raz, and he's already entered Kain's mind, this is where the battle takes place.

Kain has to Peel away the layers to Raz' Astral self and expel him from his mind. If he succeeds, he then has to fight against Raz in the real world. I'm taking away Kain's soul reaver.

Will Kain end up brain dead, or will he get some psychic lunch, what does KMC think?

BloodRain
Real world should be Kains, but a battle in the mind? Different. Probably Raz as its his area of expertise.

MooCowofJustice
K, so Assassin's Creed 2, inFamous, and Ratchet and Clank games are out there and you are playing Psychonauts.

That is twice now, Shin.

Rapidash
How is the process of peeling done?

ScreamPaste
Basicly you have to kill him in you mental world, and it weakens his ability to manifest inside your head, but doesn't affect him at all outside. He's actually more powerful outside of your head anyway.

And Moo, Psychonauts > Ratchet.

Raz has reasonably strong TK, stronger than Kain's, a sheild which defends him from powers, physical forces, the works, pyrokinesis, "psi bolts" which is basicly him shooting you with mind bullets, clairboyance, invisibility, confusion, levitation, goggles, physical 'psi attacks' which amountto a gaint hand smacking you around with super-human strength, and.. I think I'm missing something. I'll go check in game.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
And Moo, Psychonauts > Ratchet.

Three times.

ScreamPaste
What are you counting? stick out tongue

MooCowofJustice
The number of times I am to kick you in the testicles.

XanatosForever
Clairboyance, huh Scream? I don't think I've ever heard of that particular psychic ability. What is it, like a psychic feather fall or something?

Nice thread, by the way. I never got a chance to play Psychonauts myself, but I heard it was awesome.

ScreamPaste
Bad typing was bad, lol. Wish I could edit.

It *really* is an awesome game. Definite replay value, too. Get it if at all possible. no expression

I'm really not 100% sure who wins this. I'm leaning to Raz because he has explosive pyrokinesis, and we all know what that does to vampires, and also his shield, which by the way is freakin' impressive. No spoilers unless necessary.

What's the code for spoiler hiding?

Burning thought
Kain gestures, Raz drops dead as blood pours from his body. Unless theres some good feats for some of his powers Kain can either tank them, dodge or mist.

XanatosForever
BT, did you even bother to read the OP?

ScreamPaste
@BT: We all knew you were going to say that, and everything else that you're going to say, so you can save yourself some effort by just not doing so.

Information on Kain will be taken into consideration, blatant wanking and claims of victory not so much. stick out tongue

Burning thought
Originally posted by XanatosForever
BT, did you even bother to read the OP?

sure, Kain does not have his reaver....so?

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
@BT: We all knew you were going to say that, and everything else that you're going to say

Then dont make this thread, its not in question if all Raz can do is what youve stated roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScreamPaste

Burning thought
How is that relevant? whats the difference between him in Kains head and him in the physical world?

ScreamPaste
It's relevant because it adds up to Kain having to kill multiple weaker Razputins before getting a crack at the real, more powerful Razputin in the real world. He also can affect your "mental world" while he's in there, making changes to your perception and mental health. Also, he wears goggles when he's inside your head.

Burning thought
That doesnt change anything about what I said other than Kain will have to do the same tactic several times....

And apprently this kid is 10 years old, what has he seen in his life to make the assumption that he wouldnt just die of fright from entering Kains mind?

ScreamPaste
And when Raz adapts to that tactic and counters it by setting Kain's mind on fire?

And this is where I say "Play the game" for a different reason then usual. Some of the mental worlds are pretty freaky and awesome. Also, I don't like giving spoilers, but the kid's not easy to scare, tell me the spoiler code and I'll give you more info.

Burning thought
"when Raz adapts to that tactic" will not happen, and in the past what effect has "setting the mind" on fire had on his opponents? how was it done?

"play the game" is a copout for any argument, you go and play LOK and you will perhaps stop making silly threads, saying "kains wins" and giving a simple and obvious reason why every time is getting boring even for me.

ScreamPaste
When I say mind, I mean Kain's mental avatar of himself inside his own head. When that gets immolated, Raz wins. Kain needs to be able to adapt.

Raz gets multiple cracks at this, Kain does not.

Edit: Like I said, give me the spoiler code so I can give info. I said "play the game" for a different reason than usual. The game is freakin' awesome.

Burning thought
Why would Raz win just because Kain is set on fire? makes no sense.... and just because Raz has a lot of multiple tries does not give him any advantage.

ScreamPaste
Spoiler code, plx.

And yes it does, because it allows him to adapt to Kain and get in a win by countering his strategy.

Burning thought
When you say spoiler code do you mean this?

ScreamPaste
Yes. How do I do it?

Edit: Test

Burning thought
just type minus the x ofcourse....

thats it...

ScreamPaste
Thanks, now I will begin supplying eenformayshun.

One thing Kain will have to overcome is Raz's shield, which stops, pyrokinesis, cannon balls, a giant freakin' cleaver being wielded by a massive butcher who wants to kill a bunny, telekinesis, psi-bolts, and.. well, everything. It's only real problem is it charges between uses, but it charges so quickly that it's never an issue.

Another reason I think Raz has a good chance here is we all know what happens to vampires that get immolated: cessation of function. and Raz's pyrokinesis can immolate wood and metal debris in a couple seconds.

His telekinesis is also stronger than Kain's, as he tosses around large concrete blocks hard enough to smash one another.

Kain's best bet here is probably his repel shield, and maintaining distance. Though, if Raz chooses to go invisible he can still smash Kain with powerful physical attacks amped by his psychic powers.

Also, he has goggles.

Burning thought
So concerning this shield, whats it done in an actual cinematic/cutscene and if there is not an actual cinematic whats its gameplay description I wonder, whats the source and vary of its power? how fast can he actually bring it to bear? This still would not likely help him against blood loss, it would just stop his blood from reaching Kain, it would pour across the inside surface of the shield assuming its a bubble or something.

Wood and metal debris does not say much really, not to mension speeds, but so far it hardly sounds like the surface of the sun were talking about yet how fast can he do this?

Fair enough, Kains TK is not that powerful on a large physical level.

Repel shield and blood powers based on that information should be able to ace Raz every time, "adapting to tactics" is hardly going to help him if he has no way to adapt against something.

ScreamPaste
It's a bubble, but more likely Kain would never get at his blood, as it stops various kinesises and other non-physical forces just fine. Only thing it doesn't work on is water and that's because his family was cursed to all die in water and whenever he's near it a hand grabs him and pulls him under. There's a cutscene where it does some really impressive stuff. I'll look for it.

It takes him about a second of concentration while his target's temperature rises.

Invisibility+shield and physical attacks trump that combo. Kain will need to change it up, especially if he makes it to Raz in the real world.

Burning thought
Ill wait for the cutscene, I want to see it stop Kinesis, one is very different from another.

ScreamPaste
It doesn't show the shield stopping various kenisises, but it shows off it's physical impressiveness.

Spoilers ahead.
z40aZCXkurw 4:11+

It's all I could find.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.