Superman vs Silver Surfer and Thor (With a Twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Surfer is not allowed to have his board.

Thor is not allowed Mjolnir.

-Pr-
Team. Easily.

Naija boy
Originally posted by -Pr-
Team. Easily.

Starscream M
Team. Easily. wouldn't they suffer a huge mobility disadvantage?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
wouldn't they suffer a huge mobility disadvantage?

the fact that they can't fly only increases the chances that superman will choose to slug it out.

also, for some reason i can't recall whether norrin can fly without the board. this is what happens when i lose sleep...

JakeTheBank
wouldn't they suffer a huge mobility disadvantage?

It would be countered by huge area-of-effect blasts, IMO. Splash damage ftw.

Mindship
the fact that they can't fly only increases the chances that superman will choose to slug it out.

also, for some reason i can't recall whether norrin can fly without the board. this is what happens when i lose sleep... Every bio I've ever read on the Surfer says he can, but he chooses not to to conserve energy. Personally, I don't buy it, considering how, in the comics, Norrin tumbles like a doll every time the board's knocked out from under him.

Team ftw.

darthgoober

also, for some reason i can't recall whether norrin can fly without the board. this is what happens when i lose sleep...

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3521/ffv15512lu7.th.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6272/ffv15513go1.th.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7725/silversurfer04211gw1.th.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7945/silversurfer04212lm9.th.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7769/silversurfer04213ur5.th.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6469/silversurfer04214ms0.th.jpg

DarkOdin
Team Thor uses Surfer as surf board as they pound and blast Superman .

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
flying really takes alot out of the Surfer huh.

h1a8
Superman wins this. Without SS's board he's too slow.

Mindship
flying really takes alot out of the Surfer huh. It shouldn't, considering how effortlessly he erects, eg, Hulk-resistant forcefields when off his board.

The fact is, Surfer is trapped by his own convention: if he's shown to routinely fly w/o his board, then wth does he need the board for? And no board = no "Surfer." So 9 times outta 10, knock the board away = 1 tumbling Surfer. Hell, even Dr. Doom w/ the power cosmic could hover w/o it.

darthgoober
flying really takes alot out of the Surfer huh. Hard to say for sure. Like Mindship said that's reason given in bio's and such, but it's never actually been established on panel to my knowledge.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindship
It shouldn't, considering how effortlessly he erects, eg, Hulk-resistant forcefields when off his board. look at the scans you posted. he says he expended all his energy to just fly that little distance.

Starscream M
Hard to say for sure. Like Mindship said that's reason given in bio's and such, but it's never actually been established on panel to my knowledge. your scan shows him being exhausted after flying

darthgoober
your scan shows him being exhausted after flying
That scan comes from a story where Surfer got cut off from the Power Cosmic, the only energy he had avaible at the time was what he pulled out of the machine he was hooked up to. He didn't seem tired at from his efforts in the first set of scans though.

Starscream M
That scan comes from a story where Surfer got cut off from the Power Cosmic, the only energy he had avaible at the time was what he pulled out of the machine he was hooked up to. He didn't seem tired at from his efforts in the first set of scans though. the first set of scans looks like someone just pulled a new power outta their backside.

I doubt surfer ever flew as a flameball ever again.

darthgoober
the first set of scans looks like someone just pulled a new power outta their backside.

I doubt surfer ever flew as a flameball ever again.
He still flew without his board again via energy manipulation though. Specific one time events like that happen when a character has an open ended powerset like Surfer's. And the scans come from EARLY in Surfer's career and were written by Stan himself so it's not something that some later writer just threw in there, it was the way the character was intended to be written by his creators.

Kris Blaze
Thor doesn't add much to this fight....

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thor doesn't add much to this fight.... can't he still conjure up lightning area wide attacks?

Starscream M
He still flew without his board again via energy manipulation though. Specific one time events like that happen when a character has an open ended powerset like Surfer's. And the scans come from EARLY in Surfer's career and were written by Stan himself so it's not something that some later writer just threw in there, it was the way the character was intended to be written by his creators. that was a power written in a onetime event in a complete different era of comics...I doubt they would keep this power in modern era Surfer

Wild Shadow
yes, thor can discharge lightning from his hands.. he can cause thunder and lightning to exit his fist as he punches......... he can bear hug and summon his god power as well his life essence exiting in every part of his body...

also thor can fly withou his hammer he flew from earth to asgard superman style once

darthgoober
that was a power written in a onetime event in a complete different era of comics...I doubt they would keep this power in modern era Surfer
You don't think that Surfer supercharging his body with energy to fly without his board is similar? Again, it's just something that comes with open ended powersets like Surfer's. No writer wants to redo feats when they don't have to...

Mindship
Surfer's difficulty with self-flight is psychological. He "sold his soul" to save his planet, condemning billions of other beings to death. The massive weight of his own guilt is what denies him self-elevation. Subconsciously, Norrin takes being a "fallen angel" quite solemnly.

smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.