Zoom VS Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Zoom is pissed off and bloodlusted.
This time, he's going for the kill.

Does the Norse God stand a chance?

BFR/CIS/PIS completely OFF.

Lord Feron
Zoom

xJLxKing
Stomp

manx422
Zoom

WickedDynamite
Pissed off Zoom?

Nice knowing you Thor....

Harbinger
Thor dies.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Harbinger
Thor dies a very very painful death.

Q99
I'd say Thor has a *chance* but it's a very hard one.

carver9
Zoom 10/10

JakeTheBank
The only thing stopping Zoom from being an absolute monster in comics is his twisted code. Zoom takes this soundly, IMO.

King Kandy
I don't see what Thor can do to him...

Q99
If he blasted a sufficiently large area with Thunder that might work.

Thor doesn't have the reflexes to hit, but he does have a variety of powers to call upon.

jasofisc
1. what could zoom do to Thor????? punch a couple million times what would that do to someone who has stood in the middle of a star. and last time i check for zoom it's time manipulation not the speed force so infinite mass punches are going to apply. As far as reaction time he was able to dig a trench around quick silver before he would react to what was going on. he is no where in zooms league with speed but that's it.

jasofisc
Originally posted by jasofisc
1. what could zoom do to Thor????? punch a couple million times what would that do to someone who has stood in the middle of a star. and last time i check for zoom it's time manipulation not the speed force so infinite mass punches are going to apply. As far as reaction time he was able to dig a trench around quick silver before he would react to what was going on. he is no where in zooms league with speed but that's it.

hum i meant to split that up into parts

tideoftime

Zoom's powers, while different, are like Wally's/Barry's, et al, in that his blows can, when going all out, hit harder than Superman (as WW atested to when he literally beat her around the Earth, back when she was blind). Zoom, with CIS/PIS off may not be able to *kill* Thor, per se, but he will have him wishing he were, in fact, dead...

That said, Thor does have a very marginal chance of getting a win, but he would have to pull a god-miracle out of his ass the likes of which he hasn't done before (The Midgard Serpent would be much easier to handle by comparison...)

jasofisc
Originally posted by tideoftime
Zoom's powers, while different, are like Wally's/Barry's, et al, in that his blows can, when going all out, hit harder than Superman (as WW atested to when he literally beat her around the Earth, back when she was blind). Zoom, with CIS/PIS off may not be able to *kill* Thor, per se, but he will have him wishing he were, in fact, dead...

That said, Thor does have a very marginal chance of getting a win, but he would have to pull a god-miracle out of his ass the likes of which he hasn't done before (The Midgard Serpent would be much easier to handle by comparison...)

you guys are way over estmating zoom. Just because he was punching and kicking wonder woman around the world does not mean he is as strong as superman. (superman knocks wondy into orbit) furthermore PIS/Cis is off for both so that means an omni directional god blast and zoom wont have anywhere to run to. Also a portal for zoom to run into all around thor's body would also take zoom out of the fight. Did i miss everyone gets to be a zoom fanboy for a day celebration or something. Zooms is a beast no joke but you make him sound like the spectre.

tideoftime
you guys are way over estmating zoom. Just because he was punching and kicking wonder woman around the world does not mean he is as strong as superman. (superman knocks wondy into orbit) furthermore PIS/Cis is off for both so that means an omni directional god blast and zoom wont have anywhere to run to. Also a portal for zoom to run into all around thor's body would also take zoom out of the fight. Did i miss everyone gets to be a zoom fanboy for a day celebration or something. Zooms is a beast no joke but you make him sound like the spectre.

Nobody is being a Zoom fanboi around here. Contextually, he would stomp Thor in a battle like this. And your right -- he isn't as strong as Superman. Not anywhere near. But his *blows* are more powerful, when he's going all-out (not counting a sun-dipped Supes, of course...)

Now, if Thor had prep and foreknowledge, that's a different story, but that was not stipulated, so therefore is not assumed.

Zoom takes this for the vast majority.

AsbestosFlaygon
Yep. No prep whatsoever.
They fight right off the bat.

Also, the fighters have no knowledge of their opponent's powerset.

Zoom is really, really pissed off for some reason, and will kill Thor given every chance he's got.

Will Thor manage to survive?
Will the tables turn and Thor kills Zoom instead?

Remember, this is also a CIS/PIS/BFR-free scenario.

Zoom is bloodlusted, and will repeatedly punch Thor with all his anger and might until Thor dies. Or vice versa.

jasofisc
Nobody is being a Zoom fanboi around here. Contextually, he would stomp Thor in a battle like this. And your right -- he isn't as strong as Superman. Not anywhere near. But his *blows* are more powerful, when he's going all-out (not counting a sun-dipped Supes, of course...)

Now, if Thor had prep and foreknowledge, that's a different story, but that was not stipulated, so therefore is not assumed.

Zoom takes this for the vast majority.

his blows are not more powerful at all. Supes knocked Wonder woman from the sun to the earth. zoom's knocked her around the earth. how is that more powerfull? zoom doesn't take a vast majority if he takes a majority at all.

jasofisc
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Yep. No prep whatsoever.
They fight right off the bat.

Also, the fighters have no knowledge of their opponent's powerset.

Zoom is really, really pissed off for some reason, and will kill Thor given every chance he's got.

Will Thor manage to survive?
Will the tables turn and Thor kills Zoom instead?

Remember, this is also a CIS/PIS/BFR-free scenario.

so omni directional god blast after taken a hundred thousand blows from zoom.

tideoftime
his blows are not more powerful at all. Supes knocked Wonder woman from the sun to the earth. zoom's knocked her around the earth. how is that more powerfull? zoom doesn't take a vast majority if he takes a majority at all.

1: Diana said, in character, that his blows hit harder than Superman's, and "I should know...", meaning *she* should know... And this was after several encounters, over a number of years, of her having combated Superman for various reasons (when he was under Circe's control, The Circle storyline, A League of One, et al).

2: As I already said -- not counting a sun-amped Superman (being closer to the sun made Clark stronger in that scenario).

If you can't be bothered with properly reading what someone has posted (I already had covered your counter-arguement before you even made it), then just put me on ignore...

tideoftime
so omni directional god blast after taken a hundred thousand blows from zoom.

It takes Thor at least a moment to make that happen (he could summon lightening more quickly, and with desirable effect, with less effort)...

HOWEVER...

He will *never* get the chance to even think, let alone act, in this battle -- he won't even understand what is going on. Blows as strong (or stronger) as his own will be raining down on him at speeds he has never properly combated before.

jasofisc
1: Diana said, in character, that his blows hit harder than Superman's, and "I should know...", meaning *she* should know... And this was after several encounters, over a number of years, of her having combated Superman for various reasons (when he was under Circe's control, The Circle storyline, A League of One, et al).

2: As I already said -- not counting a sun-amped Superman (being closer to the sun made Clark stronger in that scenario).

If you can't be bothered with properly reading what someone has posted (I already had covered your counter-arguement before you even made it), then just put me on ignore...

1: ahhh I can see where your coming from now, however i was compair what the blows actually did rather then hyperbole from a character

2. you might have a point still sups has knocked her around the planet before too. just saying all other zoom showings where much less then superman

Sorry forgot about how supes was close enough to the sun for it to count. I wasn't trying to improperly read your statement just forgot a detail.

jasofisc
It takes Thor at least a moment to make that happen (he could summon lightening more quickly, and with desirable effect, with less effort)...

HOWEVER...

He will *never* get the chance to even think, let alone act, in this battle -- he won't even understand what is going on. Blows as strong (or stronger) as his own will be raining down on him at speeds he has never properly combated before.

so nothing on the whole opening a portal around his body so zoom runs into it. I can see what your talking about but thor is not just some slow brute he's as fast as the lighting he commands. That said your right zoom is of a speed he has not combated properly before. but he can take the punishment until the godblast is ready. or just go all out with portals, lightning, tornatos, and then the Godblast

Slaanesh
Zoom stomp

tideoftime
1: ahhh I can see where your coming from now, however i was compair what the blows actually did rather then hyperbole from a character

2. you might have a point still sups has knocked her around the planet before too. just saying all other zoom showings where much less then superman

Sorry forgot about how supes was close enough to the sun for it to count. I wasn't trying to improperly read your statement just forgot a detail.

And I see where *you* are coming from: Diana doesn't speak in hyperbole -- it's a facet of her character. While she will joke or make humorous statements, she - as a character - doesn't exaggerate or distort things, and that is how she has been written for the past 25 years. She deals in true assessments of things. For example: While Superman may have been speaking somewhat hyperbolically when he said the Cheetah hits like WW or Captain Marvel (as he did during the aforementioned battle with Circe) -- and that wasn't a big stretch -- when Diana makes such a statement, her *character* is written as being free of hyperbole, because she perceives and understands *Truth* on a level few others readily comprehend -- and, more importantly, that is *how* she is written. If she, as a character, makes an assessment-statement that Zoom hits harder than Superman, then that is the case; and as she said, *she should know*. As she has fought with Superman on several occasions, and then fought with Zoom, her statement would not be hyperbolic, in anycase. Now, the Flash making that statement *would* be hyperbolic, as he doesn't have the durability/ relative combat interaction with each to accurately make such a statement and have it be true. Diana, however, does.

EDIT: Read your other post. I am officially getting out of this debate, as it is a case of "With some people, if they don't know - you can't tell'em..." Already covered what you posted in my other posts. You don't get it. That's fine. Moving on...

jasofisc
And I see where *you* are coming from: Diana doesn't speak in hyperbole -- it's a facet of her character. While she will joke or make humorous statements, she - as a character - doesn't exaggerate or distort things, and that is how she has been written for the past 25 years. She deals in true assessments of things. For example: While Superman may have been speaking somewhat hyperbolically when he said the Cheetah hits like WW or Captain Marvel (as he did during the aforementioned battle with Circe) -- and that wasn't a big stretch -- when Diana makes such a statement, her *character* is written as being free of hyperbole, because she perceives and understands *Truth* on a level few others readily comprehend -- and, more importantly, that is *how* she is written. If she, as a character, makes an assessment-statement that Zoom hits harder than Superman, then that is the case; and as she said, *she should know*. As she has fought with Superman on several occasions, and then fought with Zoom, her statement would not be hyperbolic, in anycase. Now, the Flash making that statement *would* be hyperbolic, as he doesn't have the durability/ relative combat interaction with each to accurately make such a statement and have it be true. Diana, however, does.

EDIT: Read your other post. I am officially getting out of this debate, as it is a case of "With some people, if they don't know - you can't tell'em..." Already covered what you posted in my other posts. You don't get it. That's fine. Moving on...

wow sorry i hurt your feelings by disagreeing with you. Just in feats alone zoom's punches don't add up to superman's. you have one instance where a character says they are. I'm pretty sure feats speak loader then words. Oh and if he really did punch harder then superman then what about the time he was punching superman a thousand times over and superman was barly affected by it.

where did you respond to the portal argument i was talking about.

jasofisc
so if wonderwoman says it...... its true wonderwoman is good but she's no batgod

DarkOdin
With PIS CIS off couldn't Thor best hope would be just to blow up the planet??l

DarkOdin
O and how about freezing time on Zoom this would be interesting http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir144-StasisVortexAvengers.jpg

Props for oneDumbGO for the new easy to find crap respect thread

jasofisc
Originally posted by DarkOdin
with pis cis off Thor could do it too

Slaanesh
O and how about freezing time on Zoom this would be interesting http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir144-StasisVortexAvengers.jpg

Props for oneDumbGO for the new easy to find crap respect thread

Zoom doesn't operate in normal timeline..he got his own timeline..

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Zoom doesn't operate in normal timeline..he got his own timeline.. Thor effects the area so if Zoom is hitting him he should be within his effects well in theory have we see one try or Zzoom resist another person time powers??

JakeTheBank
I don't see how anyone can dispute Zoom's striking power. He obviously isn't physically stronger than Superman, but his strikes were stated by Diana to be harder than Superman. You can dissect that by assuming "Well, Superman instinctively holds back where Zoom goes all out just shy to the point of killing people" or "Diana doesn't know WTF she's talking about", but Zoom's strikes are sufficient enough to stagger someone like Thor. Taking CIS/PIS off means that Zoom could unleash a torrent of blows before Thor could even react. In forum fights like this, not many people can take a majority on Zoom.

Slaanesh
Thor effects the area so if Zoom is hitting him he should be within his effects well in theory have we see one try or Zzoom resist another person time powers??

in theory..Zoom shouldn't be effected cuz Thor only effect the normal timeline..Zoom operate in future..i don't know if Zoom ever resist time power..

xJLxKing
Thor effects the area so if Zoom is hitting him he should be within his effects well in theory have we see one try or Zoom resist another person time powers?? You don't understand.
Zoom has absolute control over times. Absolute! Thor has only shown limited control over his time.

Naija boy
Originally posted by xJLxKing
You don't understand.
Zoom has absolute control over times. Absolute! Thor has only shown limited control over his time.

what?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Naija boy
what?
I don't know how to make it easier to understand.

Zoom can control his timeline in absolute. He says how fast, or fast to go. He tells time to stop, or anything else. Thor can't do that. He hasn't shown the ability. He has limited control over time. For example, who can control time better(scope), Odin, or Thor?

Naija boy
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I don't know how to make it easier to understand.

Zoom can control his timeline in absolute. He says how fast, or fast to go. He tells time to stop, or anything else. Thor can't do that. He hasn't shown the ability. He has limited control over time. For example, who can control time better(scope), Odin, or Thor?

U claimed that Zoom has absolute control over time and didnt specify that it was his timeline and only his timeline that he can control in the initial post i replied to. I dont know how Odin is relevant here

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Naija boy
U claimed that Zoom has absolute control over time and didnt specify that it was his timeline and only his timeline that he can control in the initial post i replied to. I dont know how Odin is relevant here Oh! My fault

AsbestosFlaygon
NO BFR

jasofisc
NO BFR

fine then he blows up half the planet. however is this earth or just some uninhabited planet. It would make a differnce.

jasofisc
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't see how anyone can dispute Zoom's striking power. He obviously isn't physically stronger than Superman, but his strikes were stated by Diana to be harder than Superman. You can dissect that by assuming "Well, Superman instinctively holds back where Zoom goes all out just shy to the point of killing people" or "Diana doesn't know WTF she's talking about", but Zoom's strikes are sufficient enough to stagger someone like Thor. Taking CIS/PIS off means that Zoom could unleash a torrent of blows before Thor could even react. In forum fights like this, not many people can take a majority on Zoom.

and their is one other thing, that was just one incident while what his striking power has never been shown to be up to sups level. I think his striking would have the same effect on thor as it did on WW. So i quess if a person thinks that Zoom could take out WW I can totally see how they might say he can take out thor.

Allankles
I don't think Zoom can kill Thor, guys like Thor and Supes are in terms of durability way out of Zoom's league.

He can buzz Thor, stun Thor but he isn't killing Thor unless he brings a weapon to the fight. Also under forum rules Zoom would get a majority on many of these guys, but he isn't killing them, doesn't have the fire power or durability to do it.

Tha C-Master
They aren't too durable for him; in fact he hits harder than they do, or in their same level.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
They aren't too durable for him; in fact he hits harder than they do, or in their same level.

Agreed. WW's durability against blunt force trauma is pretty high, and considering she's fought Superman enough times to know what's she's talking about, if Zoom is able to put the beatdown on her, he could in theory do the same to anyone with durability around, a little below, or a little above WW's own.

batdude123
Zoom stomps.

Naija boy
Thor stands little chance in this scenario

Q99
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Agreed. WW's durability against blunt force trauma is pretty high, and considering she's fought Superman enough times to know what's she's talking about, if Zoom is able to put the beatdown on her, he could in theory do the same to anyone with durability around, a little below, or a little above WW's own.

Checkmate listed both Superman and WW as having 'A1' invulnerability, for whatever that's worth (presumably not counting her weakness area).

And, we could likely say that Wonder Woman was comparing it to Superman's normal 'serious fight' blows, and not his all-out ones.

But still, it does boil down to 'Zoom can hit really hard'.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Q99
Checkmate listed both Superman and WW as having 'A1' invulnerability, for whatever that's worth (presumably not counting her weakness area).

And, we could likely say that Wonder Woman was comparing it to Superman's normal 'serious fight' blows, and not his all-out ones.

But still, it does boil down to 'Zoom can hit really hard'.

Doesn't Supes one-shotted her in the atmosphere or something? (maybe that's the all out you're talking about)

Philosophía
Originally posted by batdude123
Zoom stomps.

Q99
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Doesn't Supes one-shotted her in the atmosphere or something? (maybe that's the all out you're talking about)

If I've deciphered your grammar correctly, the incident in question wasn't a one-shot (Superman charged her, they tussled some while he was trying to throw her into the sun, she broke free so he settled for hitting her at *full* power into the Earth from space, she blacked out for a moment or two and hit with a big crater, but she got up and continued the fight, eventually injuring him enough to get a shot at Lord), but yea, that's the all-out I'm talking about. That hadn't happened at the time of the Zoom fight.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Q99
If I've deciphered your grammar correctly,

To my defense I've already killed 2/3 of a Bacardi black bottle cool

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by batdude123
Zoom stomps.

DarkOdin
NO BFR BFR his is not removing flash from the battle field and are you saying blowing up the planet wouldn't kill flash???

tideoftime
BFR his is not removing flash from the battle field and are you saying blowing up the planet wouldn't kill flash???

Removing the battlefield is in effect BFR, as it effectively removes the opponent from the battlefield via the removal of the battlefield, itself. Connectivity works both ways; you can BFR someone by removing them from the battlefield, or removing the battlefield from them.

Betcha' didn't think that one through, didya'? wink

DarkOdin

Betcha' didn't think that one through, didya'? wink Thats b/c i am not retarded.

shokosugi
zoom

Warlord
zoom dominates

tideoftime
Thats b/c i am not retarded.

Didn't imply you were. Just implying that your question seemed a bit off point, as BFR was indicated as not being an option. Therefore, your question is moot.

the ninjak
Wally West vs Thor part 2

Allankles
Originally posted by Tha C-Master

I don't doubt that he hits fairly hard, although I don't really go with what WW said one time. But he isn't killing these guys without some kind of weapon, not at forum levels where we assume they are at peak durability, he doesn't have the fire power for it.

Tha C-Master
If he can hit around their level he can, especially considering he can snap his fingers and level a city block. They won't touch him at his peak, it's just deadly.

Allankles
He's hit Superman without much effect. He wins but he doesn't kill Thor unless he has some weapon like a magic sword.

Tha C-Master
Because he doesn't want to kill the heroes, he wants to strengthen them. If Flash can hurt Superman, Zoom sure as hell can. Considering he can amplify his force quite significantly as well. Unless he jobs around trying to "strengthen" Thor, he shouldn't have much of a problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.