What would you do/say

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1.if scientist said that they have found evidence of intelligence things that no way follows we consider a "living" thing, may be from another dimension(4th)?

2. If scientist found dna of god, and said they will try to clone it.

3. you know how lights from stars takes billions of years to reach earth right? so that mean a billion years ago we wouldnt even know its there even if it is.
so what if like in 200billion years in the future the light of something very far starts reaching earth something thats like in the edge of the universe. my theory is that something is out there but we cant see it because the light has not reached us yet.

King Kandy
1. Neat-o.

2. God has DNA?

3. No duh there are stars we can't see...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by King Kandy
1. Neat-o.

2. God has DNA?

3. No duh there are stars we can't see... what if its not a star? what if its just some sort of energy or something?

Wild Shadow
God's DNA would be stars, planets and black holes

King Kandy
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
what if its not a star? what if its just some sort of energy or something?
Well... why would it? You aren't giving us much to work with on that one.

Wild Shadow
a giant massive Quasar?

King Kandy
Well, cool I guess. Not exactly blowing me away.

Also, you could see it with telescopes long, long before you could see it with the naked eye... so i'm certainly not going to be seeing it in plain sight any time in my lifespan.

Symmetric Chaos
1.if scientist said that they have found evidence of intelligence things that no way follows we consider a "living" thing, may be from another dimension(4th)?

Cool, let's enslave them.

I would ask a local holy person if he thinks the idea of God having DNA is crazy. When he says yes I will ignore this clearly ludicrous claim unless it gains support from a community of respected scientists.

3. you know how lights from stars takes billions of years to reach earth right? so that mean a billion years ago we wouldnt even know its there even if it is.
so what if like in 200billion years in the future the light of something very far starts reaching earth something thats like in the edge of the universe. my theory is that something is out there but we cant see it because the light has not reached us yet.

"something thats like in the edge of the universe" is not a phrase I can find any meaning in.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

"something thats like in the edge of the universe" is not a phrase I can find any meaning in. something very very very very far..
like a quintillion light years..

King Kandy
If it's a quintillion lightyears away, then it will take a quintillion years to see it, so we wouldn't see it as all.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
a giant massive Quasar? maybe somthing we have no name for because we yet to know it exist, untill the light reaches earth......

Colossus-Big C
If it's a quintillion lightyears away, then it will take a quintillion years to see it, so we wouldn't see it as all. so based on this do you believe theres things that far that we have no clue to even guess what they are? because we can never look this far? ever...

King Kandy
How on earth would I know something like that? Of course I can't tell what might be discovered in the future.

Colossus-Big C
How on earth would I know something like that? Of course I can't tell what might be discovered in the future. based on the distance earth will be destroyed trillions of years before the light even reaches our galaxy...

Colossus-Big C
How on earth would I know something like that? Of course I can't tell what might be discovered in the future. intelligent being?

King Kandy
An intelligent being that is visible from several quintillion miles away? Must be a pretty big one.

Colossus-Big C
An intelligent being that is visible from several quintillion miles away? Must be a pretty big one. bigger than a normal human can conceive by imagining.....

theres stars far bigger than our sun that compared to it, it makes our looks like a spec of dirt...

King Kandy
I'm quite aware of that... though I don't know of any life form ever getting that large and there is certainly no precedent to think one exists.

Symmetric Chaos
An intelligent being that is visible from several quintillion miles away? Must be a pretty big one.

Absurdly so. The Large Magellanic Cloud is about a quintillion miles away made mostly of fire but it's invisible to the naked eye.

Colossus-Big C
I'm quite aware of that... though I don't know of any life form ever getting that large and there is certainly no precedent to think one exists. of course ,we wouldnt know about anything a quintillion light years away we will never see it though, anything can be there really .
im not to far into astronomy but can it be possible that what we know as our "universe" can just be a super galaxy containing billions of galaxas in it? and there are many super galaxys in the real universe?

each having an individual big bang?

(sorry if this sounds uneducated)

King Kandy
Nah, that's just pseudoscience. There may be plenty of undiscovered galaxies, but the idea that they follow laws that our section does not is silly.

Shakyamunison
of course ,we wouldnt know about anything a quintillion light years away we will never see it though, anything can be there really .
im not to far into astronomy but can it be possible that what we know as our "universe" can just be a super galaxy containing billions of galaxas in it? and there are many super galaxys in the real universe?

each having an individual big bang?

(sorry if this sounds uneducated)

It sounds like you are trying to describe the multiverse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

inimalist

theoretically, time is the 4th dimension, and in scientific terms, you are using dimension incorrectly. A dimension is something which an object can have a value on, height, width and depth being the traditional 3, with a finite length of existance being the "4th". Dimension is also used with other features, for instance, "wavelength of light" could be a dimension with values being equal to the colours we see.

I would be skeptical, I'd want to see the evidence first hand before I believed it, though I'm hardly knowledgable of the relevant fields.

the only reason God would have DNA is if he reproduced through some mechanism. If organisms didn't need to reproduce, they would not need DNA, so unless God needs to father children in the non-biblical sense, I couldn't see it being possible. Proving the DNA belonged to God would be exceptionally difficult as well.

the problem is, at the edge of the universe, there are no stars, so there is no light that we could see. There might be some radiation that we could image with our telescopes, but it wont be light.

Shakyamunison

Symmetric Chaos

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why not?

Anything that had DNA would be physical. I just wouldn't call a "duck" a god.

Mairuzu
Mmm whatcha sayyyyy

Ordo

1. How is it different if its in a dimension we already experience. We wouldn't be able to percieve it.

2. Why does god have DNA? That means he is physical AND an organism.

3. Why doe god make light?

I think your "theories" suck.

Red Nemesis
Why?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Why?

I've seen too many scifi movies were the intelagent machine kills all the humans. wink

Ordo
Hollywood is real.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ordo
Hollywood is real. .
Hollywood would not make movies on the topic of man vs machine if the social fear had not already there. Some of the earliest movies ever made deal with that fear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.