Achilles(DC) Runs a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Achilles is sent by Zeus to kill a few heroes/villains for no reason. Achilles gets his spear, an adamantium shield and 2 adamantium katanas on his back which he can resort to if/when he loses his spear. He gets to rest for ONE HOUR after each fight.
CIS, PIS, and Jobbing are all off.

Gauntlet:

1- Daredevil
2- Captain America
3- Batman
4- Luke Cage
5- Ares(he gets the same equip as Achilles)
6- Spiderman
7- Adamantium Wolverine
8- Adamantium Sabretooth
9- Venom(Brock)
10- Iron Man
11- Namor
12- Mortal Herc(marvel)
13- Savage Hulk
14- Immortal Herc(marvel)
15- Wonder Woman(standard gear without ring)
16- Juggernaut
17- World War Hulk
18- DOS Supes
18- Planet/World Breaker Hulk
20- Apocalypse
21- Regular Current Supes
22- Classic Thor
23- Silver Surfer
24- Genis-Vell
25- Morg with WOL

How far does he get?

xJLxKing
15, or 16

Q99
Considering he has mondo healing factor, one hour is pretty good, only really bad fights will get to him. The backup weapons mostly shouldn't be needed.

Wonder Woman, obviously, stops him, and Herc might be able to too. Most of the prior ones won't have much chance.

Btw, what precisely is the difference between mortal and immortal Herc, powers wise?

tideoftime
Don't know if I agree with your scaling/order, and honestly I don't think Achilles has enough showings to really be judged at this point, but here we go:

As listed, he makes it to 14 (and probably will win vs. Immortal Herc, though not a definite, by any means - Immortal Herc is stronger and not really taking crap from the likes of Achilles...). I could theorectically see IronMan getting a victory due to flight and clever use of powers (he'll figure out that mass area/sweep attacks are the best way to go) and Namor could get a victory as well (especially under/in water). I could possibly see Achilles getting wins against a few of the types you have listed higher (WWHulk, Current Superman) due to his divine grace and magical weapons. Like I said, he's too new and doesn't have enough showings yet to really be guaged on a scale like this.

So, 14, because you have WW at 15, and she's beat him 3 times in row, while we don't know about other factors yet.

Prep-Man
What can Achilles do?

tideoftime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What can Achilles do?

So far, he has demonstrated great skill with weapons, has a "divine grace" that makes him very difficult to be hit in combat (he can easily wade through multiple machine gun fire without getting hit, and can avoid regular, direct attacks from WW, at speed, though not wide area sweep attacks with as much success), he appears to have a great degree of strength (some say similar to WW's, but I don't think he's that strong, but he's up there), has great durability, and can recover quickly from any "fatal" blows he does receive (he had a magical Amazonian weapon plunged straight through his heart, and recovered fairly quickly). He no doubt has other abilities he hasn't demonstrated yet. Also, he has access to god-level weaponry (most notably The Spear of Athena, which can harm/cut/pierce almost any conventional thing).

That's about it, so far...

Q99
He is basically Zeus's attempt to re-create Diana's creation. He's made from the heart of a god (a Hawai'ian god who was briefly Diana's passion. Some think it's why he's more compassionate than expected), fire and ash, and I think the spirit of the original Achilles.

Like tideoftime said, he has a divine grace ability that serves sorta like combat precog, regen, and the Spear of Athena.

He's a pretty good guy, but is sort of screwed by the situation he's in. He doesn't *want* to fight Diana, but Zeus's orders and all.

Colossus-Big C
which ares? marvel ares?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by galactusischere
Achilles is sent by Zeus to kill a few heroes/villains for no reason. Achilles gets his spear, an adamantium shield and 2 adamantium katanas on his back which he can resort to if/when he loses his spear. He gets to rest for ONE HOUR after each fight.
CIS, PIS, and Jobbing are all off.

Gauntlet:

1- Daredevil
2- Captain America
3- Batman
4- Luke Cage
5- Ares(he gets the same equip as Achilles)
6- Spiderman
7- Adamantium Wolverine
8- Adamantium Sabretooth
9- Venom(Brock)
10- Iron Man
11- Namor
12- Mortal Herc(marvel)
13- Savage Hulk
14- Immortal Herc(marvel)
15- Wonder Woman(standard gear without ring)
16- Juggernaut
17- World War Hulk
18- DOS Supes
18- Planet/World Breaker Hulk
20- Apocalypse
21- Regular Current Supes
22- Classic Thor
23- Silver Surfer
24- Genis-Vell
25- Morg with WOL

How far does he get? your list SUCKS big time..... mad Herc stops him anyways..... cool

Q99
Originally posted by nicamarvin
your list SUCKS big time..... mad Herc stops him anyways..... cool

Hercules might win but isn't a stomp. Herc'll have a lot of trouble getting a good hit in and even if he wins, is going to have some nasty spear wounds.

khazra
Originally posted by Q99
Hercules might win but isn't a stomp. Herc'll have a lot of trouble getting a good hit in and even if he wins, is going to have some nasty spear wounds.
I ntheir first bout wonderwoman got the better of achilles using grappling..,thats really Immortal hercs thing.

I dont think he has enough feats to beat savage hulk. If the iron man is extremis he could also maybe win.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Q99
Hercules might win but isn't a stomp. Herc'll have a lot of trouble getting a good hit in and even if he wins, is going to have some nasty spear wounds. He will NEVER make it to Juggernaut.................. cool

tideoftime
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
which ares? marvel ares?

Giving his position in the scale, I would presume so; DC Ares would rank higher.

Q99
I'll note in none of the fights was he hurt to the point he couldn't fight. The first was called on account of nuke, he was still in good shape even after taking quite a few powerful hits and while he had the disadvantage the fight could've gone on (for that matter, I don't think he even bled during the first one). The second, Wonder Woman got his spear, but again he was only a little hurt and still in good condition.

Originally posted by khazra
I ntheir first bout wonderwoman got the better of achilles using grappling..,thats really Immortal hercs thing.

I dont think he has enough feats to beat savage hulk. If the iron man is extremis he could also maybe win.

Wonder Woman's faster, can fly, and still had to adjust to his avoidance. Tactically, Herc's in a harder position of having to get in close without those advantages. I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying it'll be tricky. Diana got some wounds trying and like I said, he was never really beaten up,

As for Hulk and Iron Man- the spear + evasion. He can inflict damage fast, Athena's spear will cut them up. Iron Man I think would especially have trouble with the grace, most guns are direct-fire.

That is true.

galactusischere
Originally posted by tideoftime
Giving his position in the scale, I would presume so; DC Ares would rank higher.

Exactly, it should be common sense.

Prep-Man
Sounds pretty formidable.

tideoftime
Originally posted by khazra

It's true that wrestling is Immortal Herc's tool-in-trade, but Herc also doesn't have Diana's speed, while Achilles' grace will aid in evading many of Herc's attacks. I think Immortal Herc could certainly win, but it wouldn't be a stomp, and Achilles - while not as strong as IM-H -- is certainly strong enough to do some damage, as well as take quite a beating, and would be expected to take some wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.