DC Hermes Vs Black flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
can the black flash catch or stop hermes in time?

hermes is in full god mode. like the time he made wally look silly smile

Colossus-Big C
bumped

Colossus-Big C
Discuss

kevdude
Don't have much info on the Greek Gods or I would, trying to fix that though pirate

Juntai
Typically, Black Flash targets speedforce users, but in the idea that Black Flash is a personification of death, I'm guessing Death wins.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by kevdude
Don't have much info on the Greek Gods or I would, trying to fix that though pirate this is DC though

kevdude
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
this is DC though

Yeah, buying more WW comics for the moment, Achilles should get a book of his own.

Originally posted by Juntai

Typically, Black Flash targets speedforce users, but in the idea that Black Flash is a personification of death, I'm guessing Death wins

Do you know, has Hermes and Hades ever got into it before??

xJLxKing
Yeah, buying more WW comics for the moment, Achilles should get a book of his own
yes

Q99
Yeah, buying more WW comics for the moment, Achilles should get a book of his own.

I heard a rumor he's going to show on a team book.

tideoftime
Normally, Hermes would have the edge on the Flash (any incarnation), but I have to wonder in this scenario; if going by Forum Rules, the Greek Gods in DC aren't quite as up-to-snuff as they were even 10 years ago (RL time), so... I'm not sure. Black Flash might edge something out, in some weird metaphysical way.

That's a good question.

Looks like nobody has a real answer for you...

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
Normally, Hermes would have the edge on the Flash (any incarnation), but I have to wonder in this scenario; if going by Forum Rules, the Greek Gods in DC aren't quite as up-to-snuff as they were even 10 years ago (RL time), so... I'm not sure.

Depends on the gods. Some got weaker, but Aphrodite, Athena, and Ares got stronger as love and conflict remained in force. I think Hermes remained about the same.

JakeTheBank
Hermes has a lot more versatility going for him. He can project energy blasts, basically conjure stuff out of nowhere, super strength, durability, etc.

I don't see how or why Hermes couldn't win.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hermes has a lot more versatility going for him. He can project energy blasts, basically conjure stuff out of nowhere, super strength, durability, etc.

I don't see how or why Hermes couldn't win.

Did you reply in the Hermes vs Runner thread? Who would win that?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Did you reply in the Hermes vs Runner thread? Who would win that?

No, I didn't respond in that thread.

I can't really say who would win in any case because I'm not terribly familiar with Runner aside from the blitz scene with Thanos and the gems. I will say that Hermes has way more going for him than sheer speed, though.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
Depends on the gods. Some got weaker, but Aphrodite, Athena, and Ares got stronger as love and conflict remained in force. I think Hermes remained about the same.

That's unfortunately not as true as statement as it once was (right now, out of those three deities, only Aphrodite is in remotely good condition/state of being); I get what you're saying, but in DC the Greek Gods have been having their collective ass's handed to them for a number of years now (I mean, getting ganked by Granny Goodness is one of the all-time lows that can happen to somebody, and really lets you know you aren't what you used to be... -- As a sidenote to that, I really think Granny's "impersonation" of Athena was handled very poorly: Diana, upon laying eyes on "Athena" should have known immediately something was wrong, at the very least, if not out-right knowing it wasn't her, not merely because of Diana's ability to discern truth, but because of her very deep connection to Athena, directly. But anywho... )

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
(I mean, getting ganked by Granny Goodness is one of the all-time lows that can happen to somebody, and really lets you know you aren't what you used to be... -- As a sidenote to that, I really think Granny's "impersonation" of Athena was handled very poorly: Diana, upon laying eyes on "Athena" should have known immediately something was wrong, at the very least, if not out-right knowing it wasn't her, not merely because of Diana's ability to discern truth, but because of her very deep connection to Athena, directly. But anywho... )

Well, yea, there was some poorly thought out stuff there.

Galan007
As long as Hermes can run FTL, Black Flash cannot catch him.

Flash Fact.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007

Flash Fact.
Also I recall that once Wally outran the Black Flash by leaving the universe/timestream completely and entering a void where Death doesn't exist as a concept.

Juntai

Flash Fact. Then how'd he chase Wally through time?
You have to go faster than light to timetravel.
Black Racer however has been foiled by going ftl on a couple of occasions. First in Jack Kirby's Fourth World, when Lightray did it, and then in Final Crisis, when they basically made an homage to it.

Omega Vision
^ I think they once explained that death is slower than the speed of light or something.
*shrug*

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Also I recall that once Wally outran the Black Flash by leaving the universe/timestream completely and entering a void where Death doesn't exist as a concept. Wally ran them both to the end of time. A 'place' where everything (in the literal sense) ceases to exist. However, that instance is enormously paradoxical. Why? Because if even concepts such as death can be instantly erased from existence upon reaching the end of time, then how in the hell did Wally survive?
srsly

Anyhow, Jay confirmed that Black Flash cannot exceed c. So like I said above: as long as Hermes can travel FTL, BF has no hope of ever catching him.

Omega Vision
Wally ran them both to the end of time. A 'place' where everything (in the literal sense) ceases to exist. However, that instance is enormously paradoxical. Why? Because if even concepts such as death can be instantly erased from existence upon reaching the end of time, then how in the hell did Wally survive?
srsly

Anyhow, Jay confirmed that Black Flash cannot exceed c. So like I said above: as long as Hermes can travel FTL, BF has no hope of ever catching him.
I think they should have explained it less in terms of nothingness and more in terms of timelessness. *shrug*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.