Phantom Stranger vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Both at full power

How this goes?

AsbestosFlaygon
Never seen Phantom Stranger at full power

Assuming that he is one of the Archangels of The Presence, then he prob wins

But based on feats, Odin wins

Q99
The Phantom Stranger has four mutually exclusive origins.

He does have significant mystic power and one of the top targets when the Spectre went on his 'destroy all magic' targets, and I think he put up some fight before going down.

I'd say it's a fight, Odin wins, but Stranger without a doubt survives.

quanchi112
Odin wins. Spite. Ps is all hype.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin wins. Spite. Ps is all hype.
We didn't see the entire fight between PS and Spectre in DOV so for all we know he may have fought the Spectre for longer and harder than Shazam did. But I agree that Odin probably wins though most likely through bfr of some kind.

Galan007
It was more or less stated that the reason Spectre battled PS first was because he is one of (if not THE) most powerful magic users around. That says quite alot, imo.

Regardless, feat-wise Odin probably takes this (but certainly NOT via BFR.)

TheEvilHex
Odin FTW 8/10

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
It was more or less stated that the reason Spectre battled PS first was because he is one of (if not THE) most powerful magic users around. That says quite alot, imo.

Regardless, feat-wise Odin probably takes this (but certainly NOT via BFR.)
Nabu was stated to be the strongest though every time I read DOV that proclamation seems less and less accurate. I think PS is in between Shazam and Nabu in terms of raw power though that's just my fanboy prognosis and not necessarily supported by on-panel feats.
I said bfr "of some sort" since I don't see Odin being able to destroy PS if the Spectre couldn't. When I say bfr I don't mean "toss him into the sun" style bfr, I mean "turn him into a harmless mouse" bfr.

Juntai
Nabu was the strongest. Spectre got rid of Phantom Stranger, because Phantom Stranger would have likely -orchestrated- his defeat, preparing teams, knowing exactly -how- to win. etc. Alongside being of the more powerful magic users, Phantom Stranger is more known for that, because he doesn't often directly involve himself.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Galan007

Regardless, feat-wise Odin probably takes this (but certainly NOT via BFR.) This.

Batman-Prime
I think that PS is slightly over the Skyfathers. He seems to play an bigger role then the rest of the Quintessence. However, due to his lack of feats I also think Odin should take this.

DarthDaniel1001
Odin wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
We didn't see the entire fight between PS and Spectre in DOV so for all we know he may have fought the Spectre for longer and harder than Shazam did. But I agree that Odin probably wins though most likely through bfr of some kind. Ps was easily dealt with. ps was described as insignificant against the bl Spectre in the latest ish. Ps is a joke ocmpared to the spectre. Odin destroys Ps.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think that PS is slightly over the Skyfathers. He seems to play an bigger role then the rest of the Quintessence. However, due to his lack of feats I also think Odin should take this. Why is he over skyfathers? What has he done to earn this right?

kevdude
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Never seen Phantom Stranger at full power

Assuming that he is one of the Archangels of The Presence, then he prob wins

But based on feats, Odin wins

Indeed, PS wouldn't die but Odin wouldn't need to do that.

Warlord
odin

WickedDynamite
Odin does nothing to the Guardian Angel.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with Marvel Zombies.

tideoftime
Odin will win most "conventional fights", 7/10.

But PS will survive *anything* Odin can dish out, and more.

In a more "cosmic" setting, PS can defeat Odin, over the long haul, by 7/10.

Conceptually, that equals a wash, but circumstantially, it's complicated...

quanchi112
Originally posted by WickedDynamite

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with Marvel Zombies. You said wait for the Ps showing against the Spectre. I read it just for you. I laughed when they described him as insignificant backing up my opinion on Ps and ramming home how easily he was dealt with in dov. Being hard to kill and having no showings anywhere near Odin's level makes your case nonexistent while both dc and marvel comics back up my opinion.

Warlord

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with Marvel Zombies.

what will the "angel" do to odin then?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Warlord
what will the "angel" do to odin then? He doesn't have an answer nor will he ever.

gogogadgetgo

he'll tattletale odin to God

gogogadgetgo
Phantom Stranger should win this. You don't go around with a name like Phantom Stranger and not have enough power to wtf pawn everyone who laughs at you

quanchi112
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Phantom Stranger should win this. You don't go around with a name like Phantom Stranger and not have enough power to wtf pawn everyone who laughs at you This is an example of bias imo. If he wins this then please explain how he does so.

Juntai
This is an example of bias imo. If he wins this then please explain how he does so. This an example of the...

gogogadgetgo
This is an example of bias imo. If he wins this then please explain how he does so.

do you even read? i cant believe someone would actually take this seriously

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo Phantom Stranger should win this. You don't go around with a name like Phantom Stranger and not have enough power to wtf pawn everyone who laughs at you

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
This an example of the... Odin has the combat feats to prove what I claimed.Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
do you even read? i cant believe someone would actually take this seriously

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo Phantom Stranger should win this. You don't go around with a name like Phantom Stranger and not have enough power to wtf pawn everyone who laughs at you I get it. Nothing you say is to be taken seriously.

tideoftime
I get it. Nothing you say is to be taken seriously.

In reference to Go, you and I are in total agreement, Quan.

Warlord
he'll tattletale odin to God

eek! laughing out loud thumb up

Desaad
I don't really understand where all of this profound respect for the Phantom Stranger is coming from. He's a fun character, but he's never demonstrated the kind of offensive power that Odin has. He serves more as a guide, like the Watcher, than he does as a physical foe. Sure, he can go anywhere, and he knows pretty much anything he needs to ('nothing can stay hidden from me'), but he supports, rather than acts directly, most of the time.

Omega Vision
Odin has the combat feats to prove what I claimed. I get it. Nothing you say is to be taken seriously.
Yes in this case comics are on your side but just as often you make biased arguments from ignorance or even in spite of on panel evidence.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Desaad
I don't really understand where all of this profound respect for the Phantom Stranger is coming from. He's a fun character, but he's never demonstrated the kind of offensive power that Odin has. He serves more as a guide, like the Watcher, than he does as a physical foe. Sure, he can go anywhere, and he knows pretty much anything he needs to ('nothing can stay hidden from me'), but he supports, rather than acts directly, most of the time.

As I mention before he's a guardian angel for superheroes.

Use his magic powers to defend himself.

quanchi112
Yes in this case comics are on your side but just as often you make biased arguments from ignorance or even in spite of on panel evidence. No, I always go with with what the comics give me. The Ps is all hype until proven otherwise.

JakeTheBank
Phantom Stranger is not a character to be used for vs. forums, much less against someone like Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Phantom Stranger is not a character to be used for vs. forums, much less against someone like Odin. Well, it's safe to say Odn destroys him. I do agree though people should refrain from using the Phantom Stranger in vs. threads.

Batman-Prime
Phantom Stranger is not a character to be used for vs. forums, much less against someone like Odin.

Though Odin won't be able to permanently harm the PS.

JakeTheBank
I personally don't think Odin could kill Phantom Stranger, but he'd be able to use his powers to somehow render Phantom Stranger a minor to non threat, ending the fight in that sense for a victory for Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Though Odin won't be able to permanently harm the PS. He can absorb him or defeat him. You don't have to kill your opponent to beat them.

Omega Vision
He can absorb him or defeat him. You don't have to kill your opponent to beat them.
If the Spectre couldn't absorb him I don't think Odin will be able to either, but you're right about the second part. Odin didn't have to kill Thanos to defeat him either. wink

gogogadgetgo
Odin has the combat feats to prove what I claimed. I get it. Nothing you say is to be taken seriously.

yup, and everything you say with regards to thanos is null and void as your a blind fanboy laughing

edit:

h1 is to superman what quan is to thanos

edit2:
or is it shoko to superman, quan to thanos and fangirl to wonderwoman?

nah! its h1

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by tideoftime
In reference to Go, you and I are in total agreement, Quan.

oohh, i'm so hurt, i'm crushed! what ever will i do? ohh noosss! my life iss ovah! laughing

Superherovandal
yeah PS shouldn't really be used in fights. He's not that kind of character. He's a person that helps people do what they need to do. However, the fact that Spectre couldn't kill him probably implies that Odin probably wouldn't be able to do too much of value to PS.

Mindset
Originally posted by Superherovandal
yeah PS shouldn't really be used in fights. He's not that kind of character. He's a person that helps people do what they need to do. However, the fact that Spectre couldn't kill him probably implies that Odin probably wouldn't be able to do too much of value to PS. It doesn't imply that at all.

manx422
yes it does

Mindset
You're the product of incest, you don't get to have an opinion.

manx422
No You're the product of incest

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
It doesn't imply that at all.
So in your mind Odin>Spectre? Odin won't be able to kill him, just render him harmless through other means.

galactusischere
Spectre without backing is a puss and you know it yes

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
Spectre without backing is a puss and you know it yes
You didn't read DOV did you? Spectre without backing AND without a host tore through the DCU's magic users and killed Nabu even as the magic was being siphoned away by Alex Luthor's Tower.

galactusischere
You didn't read DOV did you? Spectre without backing AND without a host tore through the DCU's magic users and killed Nabu even as the magic was being siphoned away by Alex Luthor's Tower.

Day of vengence? I remember an amped Marvel going up against him. Thats a really nice feat for the wrath of god roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega Vision
Day of vengence? I remember an amped Marvel going up against him. Thats a really nice feat for the wrath of god roll eyes (sarcastic)
Nice lowballing. Amped Marvel had the power of pretty much every magic user in the Universe that hadn't been killed by the Spectre. Odin would get his shit smacked by Amped Marvel.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mindset
You're the product of incest, you don't get to have an opinion.

Originally posted by manx422
No You're the product of incest

crylaugh

xJLxKing
Amped Marvel was still power. Very powerful in fact.

Either way, Spectre was easily able to beat him the next round

galactusischere
Nice lowballing. Amped Marvel had the power of pretty much every magic user in the Universe that hadn't been killed by the Spectre. Odin would get his shit smacked by Amped Marvel.
Obviously. I was just pointing out that Spectre is a complete wimp compared to hes "other" self is all

Mindset
So in your mind Odin>Spectre? How did anything I posted imply that?

Warlord
KO doesn't have to = kill guys

Omega Vision
Obviously. I was just pointing out that Spectre is a complete wimp compared to hes "other" self is all
What's his other self? That was the Spectre without backing and without a host (though its inconsistent whether or not his potential is limited or maximized without a host) kicking all sorts of ass.
KO doesn't have to = kill guys
Combo to KO kills every time. stick out tongue

quanchi112
If the Spectre couldn't absorb him I don't think Odin will be able to either, but you're right about the second part. Odin didn't have to kill Thanos to defeat him either. wink When did the Spectre try to absorb him? He easily turned him into a mouse so why absorb him when he's taken out of the picture until later when he comes back to kill him.

yup, and everything you say with regards to thanos is null and void as your a blind fanboy laughing

edit:

h1 is to superman what quan is to thanos

edit2:
or is it shoko to superman, quan to thanos and fangirl to wonderwoman?

nah! its h1 What has happened to you? You seem to be totally obsessed with responding to me. Odin wins this thread. I'm right once again.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Amped Marvel was still power. Very powerful in fact.

Either way, Spectre was easily able to beat him the next round He didn't have the amp. Did you even read the comic?

Superherovandal
Theres a huge difference between Spectre and Odin. Spectre even w/o backing can take power from any kind of magic conceivable. He can use your power against you if he needs to which is rarely. Odin is powerful to be sure. but comparing the two is like comparing the Thing to WWH.

Omega Vision
When did the Spectre try to absorb him? He easily turned him into a mouse so why absorb him when he's taken out of the picture until later when he comes back to kill him.

What has happened to you? You seem to be totally obsessed with responding to me. Odin wins this thread. I'm right once again.
The Spectre's MO in DOV was to kill magical beings and/or absorb them. He could do neither to the Phantom Stranger so he had to resort to turning him into a mouse after the Phantom Stranger ran out of juice to fight him with. Odin wins but not by absorption since that's more or less the same as killing, something that isn't possible for PS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Theres a huge difference between Spectre and Odin. Spectre even w/o backing can take power from any kind of magic conceivable. He can use your power against you if he needs to which is rarely. Odin is powerful to be sure. but comparing the two is like comparing the Thing to WWH. False. We saw shazam take it to the Spectre ao acting like the Spectre is above Odin is clearly false.

quanchi112
The Spectre's MO in DOV was to kill magical beings and/or absorb them. He could do neither to the Phantom Stranger so he had to resort to turning him into a mouse after the Phantom Stranger ran out of juice to fight him with. Odin wins but not by absorption since that's more or less the same as killing, something that isn't possible for PS. What magical beings did he absorb?

Omega Vision
What magical beings did he absorb?
Shazam for one. Technically he only absorbed his power but the effect was the same, no more Shazam and the Rock of Eternity fell from the sky and shattered.
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/8752/vsshazam8fs6.jpg

quanchi112
Shazam for one. Technically he only absorbed his power but the effect was the same, no more Shazam and the Rock of Eternity fell from the sky and shattered.
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/8752/vsshazam8fs6.jpg He absorbed his magic but killed him. He absorbed the magic while he was in duress from his objects/his person. Nice try though.

Omega Vision
He absorbed his magic but killed him. He absorbed the magic while he was in duress from his objects/his person. Nice try though.
You're honestly going to sit there and tell me you don't believe the Spectre was absorbing others' powers in DOV? That was the entire ****ing point of Alex Luthor's plan. The Spectre was to kill the magic users and ostensibly destroy magic by absorbing their power but in truth he was only converting magic back to its raw form which Luthor then siphoned away to power his Multiversal Tuning fork.

quanchi112
You're honestly going to sit there and tell me you don't believe the Spectre was absorbing others' powers in DOV? That was the entire ****ing point of Alex Luthor's plan. The Spectre was to kill the magic users and ostensibly destroy magic by absorbing their power but in truth he was only converting magic back to its raw form which Luthor then siphoned away to power his Multiversal Tuning fork. The Spectre foolishly thought he was destroying magic which he wasn't. he wasn't absorbing beings into him like you are trying to make it out to be.

Omega Vision
The Spectre foolishly thought he was destroying magic which he wasn't. he wasn't absorbing beings into him like you are trying to make it out to be.
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/9607/nabuvsspectre7ac2.jpg
Its made clear here that the Spectre was absorbing power, he just wasn't getting it because the tower was siphoning it away.

quanchi112
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/9607/nabuvsspectre7ac2.jpg
Its made clear here that the Spectre was absorbing power, he just wasn't getting it because the tower was siphoning it away. Yes, after destroying them the magic goes into the spectre which he was completely unaware of. This actually proves my point. Spectre wasn't trying to absorb their magic he was trying to destroy them. So acting like he couldn't absorb someone like the ps is false because he never attempted to kill or to absorb. He was so out of it he actually thought he was destroying magic.

Omega Vision
Yes, after destroying them the magic goes into the spectre which he was completely unaware of. This actually proves my point. Spectre wasn't trying to absorb their magic he was trying to destroy them. So acting like he couldn't absorb someone like the ps is false because he never attempted to kill or to absorb. He was so out of it he actually thought he was destroying magic.
You miss the point. The Spectre couldn't kill or absorb him. This goes back to your lulworthy "he/she/it didn't try!" argument from the IG vs CA thread. You think that because the Spectre didn't try (which is false because he most certainly did, and he failed, hence the transmuting into a mouse) that means he could have killed PS if he had really tried? No the Phantom Stranger was confident that the Spectre didn't have the power to put him down for good. The Phantom Stranger isn't a living entity, he's like Nabu, a force of pure magic and absorbing him is just as impossible as killing him. The "universe" (the Presence) won't let it happen.

quanchi112
You miss the point. The Spectre couldn't kill or absorb him. This goes back to your lulworthy "he/she/it didn't try!" argument from the IG vs CA thread. You think that because the Spectre didn't try (which is false because he most certainly did, and he failed, hence the transmuting into a mouse) that means he could have killed PS if he had really tried? No the Phantom Stranger was confident that the Spectre didn't have the power to put him down for good. The Phantom Stranger isn't a living entity, he's like Nabu, a force of pure magic and absorbing him is just as impossible as killing him. The "universe" (the Presence) won't let it happen. He wasn't trying to absorb him so there went your point. He had to be pushed to kill Nabu and he was more powerful at that point in time. If the Spectre needed to kill Ps he could have done so he considered him so insignificant he easily took care of him and then was going to come back and kill him later on.

Spectre wasn't going to waste the energy at this point. Your point was made moot by you.

Odin wins via absorption.

WickedDynamite

As I said before, Odin would hit a paradox if he tried to harm or even kill PS.

quanchi112
As I said before, Odin would hit a paradox if he tried to harm or even kill PS. Based on what? Who has this happened to before?

Warlord
As I said before, Odin would hit a paradox if he tried to harm or even kill PS.

I love it how you made that informative thread in order to convince people not to put PS in VS threads (especially against Marvel characters I believe)

love the quote on your sig also...

quanchi112
I love it how you made that informative thread in order to convince people not to put PS in VS threads (especially against Marvel characters I believe)

love the quote on your sig also... He's so biased it's not even funny. I guess second place really sucks.

Spire
He's so biased it's not even funny. I guess second place really sucks.

Irony.

http://www.comicworldnews.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=7;t=5683

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spire
Irony.

http://www.comicworldnews.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=7;t=5683 Thor lost a fight to Superman. Big whoop. Considering his opinion of Thor to say it could go either way that's a victory in and of itself and dispels any notion of Superman winning a majority based on this fight alone.

You claiming he oneshotted him was pretty funny.

Spire
Thor lost a fight to Superman. Big whoop. Considering his opinion of Thor to say it could go either way that's a victory in and of itself and dispels any notion of Superman winning a majority based on this fight alone.

You claiming he oneshotted him was pretty funny.

laughing out loud

Alright kid.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Alright kid. Kid. LOL. I guess that's the best attempt you could do while posting a link in order to sidetrack this debate. Who wins out of Odin and Ps?

Spire
Kid. LOL. I guess that's the best attempt you could do while posting a link in order to sidetrack this debate. Who wins out of Odin and Ps?

Irony is always worth it.

quanchi112
Irony is always worth it. Dc as a while is number 2 to marvel. So they can keep cranking out the superman stuff as it doesn't seem to be working while marvel laughs their asses off the bank. It's a business, kid.

Spire
Dc as a while is number 2 to marvel. So they can keep cranking out the superman stuff as it doesn't seem to be working while marvel laughs their asses off the bank. It's a business, kid.

Umm... ok.

quanchi112
Umm... ok. Well, you can't disagree can you. Marvel's formula/marketing machine is better than dc's.

AsbestosFlaygon
Odin wins. Too many combat feats to back him up.

Phantom Stranger has the potential to be one of the strongest magicians in DCU.. but it seems like something is holding him back from engaging in direct combat.
Must be punishment/curse based on one of his origin stories.. or he is forbidden to fight directly?
Who knows; a mysterious enigma, he is.
But I do think he packs a lot of firepower in him.

quanchi112
Odin wins. Too many combat feats to back him up.

Phantom Stranger has the potential to be one of the strongest magicians in DCU.. but it seems like something is holding him back from engaging in direct combat.
Must be punishment/curse based on one of his origin stories.. or he is forbidden to fight directly?
Who knows; a mysterious enigma, he is.
But I do think he packs a lot of firepower in him. He just recently took on the Spectre and was basically laughed off.

AsbestosFlaygon
I know. But does it matter?

Only a handful can truly defeat The Spectre, without PIS/CIS/BFR.

Even his captivity by the BL Corps involves PIS.

OT:
The Presence releasing PS from his sentence, with PS immediately refusing

http://namtab.com/phantomstranger/secretorigins10pg10.gif

quanchi112
I know. But does it matter?

Only a handful can truly defeat The Spectre, without PIS/CIS/BFR.

Even his captivity by the BL Corps involves PIS.

OT:
The Presence releasing PS from his sentence, with PS immediately refusing

http://namtab.com/phantomstranger/secretorigins10pg10.gif It matters because we have seen other beings warrant the Spectre's full attention such as Nabu or Shazam.

We know Ps is much weaker/less powerful than them because of the manner in which the Spectre has dealt with Ps on two occasions as nothing more than a minor irritant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.