The Blind Side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
I looked back through the last several pages here and was surprised to find that there has been no thread made about this movie.True life story movie where Sandra Bullock plays the mom of a family who adopts a high school kid off the streets who has a learning disability who later goes and got drafted by The Baltimore Ravens in the 2009 draft.excellent movie.really interesting and fun to watch.highly recommended.

http://www.theblindsidemovie.com/

kevinash
Has quite a lot in common with Precious, although this is a much more mainstream movie with a more white-liberal perspective

Mr Parker
wonder why this guy got banned,too bad he did since i cant ask him to elaborate on this comment.

jaden101
Banned because of the spam link in his signature advertising fake academic papers or whatever it is.

Good to see Bullock finally taking on a serious role. It's rare for her to do so. I can really only think of "Crash" as being a serious role she's done. Although "A time to Kill" was a serious film she still seemed more there for very slight comic relief.

Mr Parker
yeah very true that she hardly ever does serious roles so yeah it was good to see her do one like this.

jaden101
I know she got the Golden Globe for best actress. I'd like to see them movie before the Oscars to see if she's a worthy potential winner for that too. A lot of reviews are saying she's in for it.

arnoldclab
Just because Blind Side beat New Moon does not mean it is a better movie. It's just that movie goers are seeing something different hard to comprehend I know but it happens.Last week my DH and I went to the movies. Same as we did the week before. On the 1st week we both saw New Moon.Last week I saw New Moon again and he went to a showing of 2012 that was close to the same time. Does not mean he likes NM any less just means he wanted to see something else..

Mr Parker
Originally posted by jaden101
I know she got the Golden Globe for best actress. I'd like to see them movie before the Oscars to see if she's a worthy potential winner for that too. A lot of reviews are saying she's in for it.

cool. cool

Mr. Rhythmic
Very mediocre film. Had a lack of characterization, at some points even felt a little racist, and the acting and dialogue were ok at best (aside from Sandra Bullock).

Mr Parker
Originally posted by arnoldclab
Just because Blind Side beat New Moon does not mean it is a better movie. It's just that movie goers are seeing something different hard to comprehend I know but it happens.Last week my DH and I went to the movies. Same as we did the week before. On the 1st week we both saw New Moon.Last week I saw New Moon again and he went to a showing of 2012 that was close to the same time. Does not mean he likes NM any less just means he wanted to see something else..

huh? whats all this talk about Blue Moon? Nobody said anything about that here. laughing

WhiskeyGirl
Originally posted by jaden101
Banned because of the spam link in his signature advertising fake academic papers or whatever it is.

Good to see Bullock finally taking on a serious role. It's rare for her to do so. I can really only think of "Crash" as being a serious role she's done. Although "A time to Kill" was a serious film she still seemed more there for very slight comic relief.

Seriously?

Blind Side
Premonition
Lake House
Speed
Crash
Murder by Numbers
A time to kill
the Net

are some of her more serious roles.

I loved this movie. Wonderfully done. And a brilliant performance by Sandra

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WhiskeyGirl
Seriously?

Blind Side
Premonition
Lake House
Speed
Crash
Murder by Numbers
A time to kill
the Net

yeah those were definetely some serious films of hers for sure .I agree this movie was wonderfully done and she really gave a brilliant performance.

jaden101
Originally posted by WhiskeyGirl
Seriously?

Blind Side
Premonition
Lake House
Speed
Crash
Murder by Numbers
A time to kill
the Net

Perhaps serious films but hardly serious characters with depth that deserve any serious recognition though.

algo
one of the best performance of Sandra Bullock...coming of age...she should go for more meaningful roles to stand from the crowd...

WickedDynamite
I need to see this movie.

chiaki
Loved it. I really hope she gets the Oscar that she deserves for this movie. It was truly one of her best performances

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I need to see this movie.

yes you do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.