IronMan Vs. The X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheEvilHex
Ironman Vs. Cyclops, Gambit, Beast, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, and Wolverine. 24 hr prep time.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man nukes them.

SamZED
No way. Unless he's allowed to use all the armors he has at the same time. Also Beast is great at prep too...

TheEvilHex
Tonys prep > Beasts prep i would think im not 100% on that though.

AlmightyKfish
I dunno, on short notice Beast made a machine that could contain the Phoenix indefinantly...

KingD19
Beast handily beats Iron Man in the prep department. And he goes down to the team.

The Nuul
Beasts prep stomps Tonys and then add in Scott for tactics.

Team wins.

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I dunno, on short notice Beast made a machine that could contain the Phoenix indefinantly... Tony created Extremis in less than 24 Hrs while he was bleeding to death.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by TheEvilHex
Tony created Extremis in less than 24 Hrs while he was bleeding to death.

Well, Extemis was a techno-organic virus that Tony infected himself with, so I'm not sure what you're on about, unless you mean the actual armour...

Either way, a unit that can hold a cosmic force of nature is more impressive.

SuperiorTech
Tony created Extremis in less than 24 Hrs while he was bleeding to death.

How does that compare to creating someting that could contain the pheonix?

TheEvilHex
Yeah Pheonix > Extremis i guess i give it to the team 9/10 on the off hand that IronMan throws a nuke at em.

Q99
Though I'll note containing the Phoenix is an entirely different *sort* of prep. Beast doesn't pull that stuff out as often.

Direct combat wise, it's a tough fight to begin with- Iron Man has to worry about Scott's optic blasts, fastball specials, and that ilk. The X-men have to worry about Tony's firepower, strength, and superior maneuverability to all-but-Nightcrawler (who does pose the threat of teleporting off bits of armor).

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Q99
Though I'll note containing the Phoenix is an entirely different *sort* of prep. Beast doesn't pull that stuff out as often.

Direct combat wise, it's a tough fight to begin with- Iron Man has to worry about Scott's optic blasts, fastball specials, and that ilk. The X-men have to worry about Tony's firepower, strength, and superior maneuverability to all-but-Nightcrawler (who does pose the threat of teleporting off bits of armor).

There was that time when he modified the legacy virus to target and kill Skrulls.

Q99
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
There was that time when he modified the legacy virus to target and kill Skrulls.

I wonder what he'd do to fight Tony, though. Viruses and power containers are both useless.

He might try for some sort of raygun, but he also might second guess what Tony's prep'll be and create a device to prevent signals that allow Tony to remotely control other suits from a distance.

Juk3n
NC teleports wolverine within claw distance of Ironman and then Wolverine goes to work.

AlmightyKfish
What version of Iron Man are we talking here?

I mean, even Extremis, Iceman could seriously damage the armour by screwing with any of the systems that have to dea lwith heat (For instance, Tony's boots in Extremis still use heat sinks to stop the rockets from overheating)

Parmaniac
How is he supposed to take out Iceman?

TheEvilHex
Originally posted by Parmaniac
How is he supposed to take out Iceman? fly threw him at mak 3

TheEvilHex

I mean, even Extremis, Iceman could seriously damage the armour by screwing with any of the systems that have to dea lwith heat (For instance, Tony's boots in Extremis still use heat sinks to stop the rockets from overheating) Extremis

Lord Feron
X-Men Stomp

The Nuul
Colossus will be tanking Tonys blast.

shiv
Gambit with his eyes glowing something fieerce steps out of a portal reeking of fire and brimstone and pimpslaps IM into smitherines

TheEvilHex
Ironman reflexes > nightcrawlers teleport

ExodusCloak

I mean, even Extremis, Iceman could seriously damage the armour by screwing with any of the systems that have to dea lwith heat (For instance, Tony's boots in Extremis still use heat sinks to stop the rockets from overheating)

I didn't even see Iceman there. no expression

SuperiorTech
fly threw him at mak 3

And when bobby reforms what then?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
And when bobby reforms what then?

Do it again with 4 laughing but yeah that's the same I ask myself he simply can't take him down

KingD19
While Cyke is keeping IM busy dodging his optics, NC either ports Wolverine onto him so he can slash him to the ground, or Gambit so he can charge his armor. Once he's on the ground, Colossus beats him to death.

ExodusCloak
In Iron Mans defence he could hit them with S.P.I.N. tech.

AlmightyKfish

SPIN tech has usually come in like, dart form though, or at the most as an aeresol.

Either would be useless against iceman, easily Tony's biggest threat here, due to the fact in Ice form Bobby has no blood/lungs to absorb the nanites into his system. And to the fact Bobby has pulled himself apart cell by cell and constructed a new body to get rid of a compound that was killing him, same could be done here.

And darts would be useless against Colosus (and maybe aeresols, I don't know if C breaths in metal state)

The Nuul
Colossus doesnt need to rest, eat, breath etc....while armored up.

the ninjak
Ironman ftw
Colossus busts his ear drums and vibrates his metal Pietre cant touch him.
Cyclops - Speeds behind him and knocks him out
Gambit - Same as Scott but Tony may have to blast the area with repulsor rays before goning for kill shot.
Beast - With no Gadgets involved Beast cant dodge the suit.
Wolverine - same as Beast but Extremis can assualt logan's sensitive hearing very violently. and this isnt a stealth fight it's frontal. Logans dead.
Nightcrawler - Tony would have to release electromagnetic field around his body when Kurt arrives to phase him but extremis is faster than Kurt now and the second he appears to punch his eyes Tony is already behind him .
Emma - Telepathy not working and hoping Kurt could get the helmut off. Emma would have to resort to diamond form. Which exactly is when TOny takes her melee. And he has tonnes of options at this stage.
Iceman - Ouch! Vibrate using sonar. Blast with repulsor rays. Use new found speed to finally shatter him. Bobby is one of the underacheivers of the team and couldnt handle Ironmans experience. And versatile range of weaponry.

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
Ironman ftw
Gambit - Same as Scott but Tony may have to blast the area with repulsor rays before goning for kill shot.
Wolverine - same as Beast but Extremis can assualt logan's sensitive hearing very violently. and this isnt a stealth fight it's frontal. Logans dead.
Nightcrawler - Tony would have to release electromagnetic field around his body when Kurt arrives to phase him but extremis is faster than Kurt now and the second he appears to punch his eyes Tony is already behind him .
Emma - Telepathy not working and hoping Kurt could get the helmut off. Emma would have to resort to diamond form. Which exactly is when TOny takes her melee. And he has tonnes of options at this stage.
Iceman - Ouch! Vibrate using sonar. Blast with repulsor rays. Use new found speed to finally shatter him. Bobby is one of the underacheivers of the team and couldnt handle Ironmans experience. And versatile range of weaponry. laughing out loud

wow...

KingD19
^What he said, simply....fail.

Colossus-Big C
colossus fast balls wolverine through his armor..............

KingD19
Colossus tossed Wolverine through the windshield of a ship that was going to reach escape velocity in a few seconds. He can hit IM.

the ninjak
Even Sentry was impressed with Tony's Extremis speed capabilities.
Tony used to beat the Xmen in holographic training scenarios.
Extremis can process advanced battle tactics.
The armor can manipulate sound frequencies. Bad for Logan and Bobby.
Wolverine has to always sneak up on Tony for wins. But this is a straight out fight.
The more durable characters would just go down last. The others wouldnt be able to withstand his speed and sheer strength.

Q99

I think Tony's S.P.I.N. tech requires a tailored dart for each target, so he's unlikely to have X-men darts due simply to lack of samples to base them on.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus tossed Wolverine through the windshield of a ship that was going to reach escape velocity in a few seconds. He can hit IM.

Tony is aware of this move and will see it coming. Inertial Dampeners take care of high veloctiy targets and once Logan is in the air he is SCREWED , they only get one shot. And the armor is much more manueverable than a launching ship.

Q99
Retrieval by Nightcrawler.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Q99
Retrieval by Nightcrawler.

If Logan was in mid air... vunerable to Tony's attack ( like bursting his eardrums or electromagnetically burning his bones) and NightCrawler appeared to teleport him out, Kurt needs 1 sec to appear grab Logan that teleport out. Within that space of time Tony can Force electrify the area around him or shoot Kurt. Either way someone will get hurt. If Kurt sacrifices his own safety to grab Logan when he reappears close by. He will be drained. Ironman is incredibly fast now!

KingD19
Well, you can make up things for Extremis IM to win, but unless stated in the OP, this isn't Extremis, this is standard Im.

Q99
This is Extremis, the OP said so.

If Logan was in mid air... vunerable to Tony's attack ( like bursting his eardrums or electromagnetically burning his bones) and NightCrawler appeared to teleport him out, Kurt needs 1 sec to appear grab Logan that teleport out. Within that space of time Tony can Force electrify the area around him or shoot Kurt. Either way someone will get hurt. If Kurt sacrifices his own safety to grab Logan when he reappears close by. He will be drained. Ironman is incredibly fast now!

Are you forgetting this is a team game? As in, Cyclops will be blasting him at the same time, and he might be dodging icicles too? Perhaps Beast with some sort of device to worry about as well. But at the very least Cyclops.

Also, Kurt does not need one full second to grab someone and port.

Original Smurph
Ironman ftw
Iceman - Ouch! Vibrate using sonar. Blast with repulsor rays. Use new found speed to finally shatter him. Bobby is one of the underacheivers of the team and couldnt handle Ironmans experience. And versatile range of weaponry. I think, unlike you, everybody else in this thread was foolish and didn't realize that this battle was clearly intended to be a gauntlet.

This guy is on top of things. Follow his lead, people.

Harbinger
LOL

the ninjak
Ironman can also now activate a satelite in orbit that shoots a beam powerful enough to level A Super Skrull with all the Illuminti's abilties....and don't forget WWH.

KingD19
Let's not forget, Iron Man can instantly switch to his WWH level Hulkbuster armor, while keeping Extremis' speed and other capabilities. Plus he can go invisible because of the abilities of his stealth suit.

Mindset
He isn't beating Iceman, doesn't matter what he brings, ninjak.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
He isn't beating Iceman, doesn't matter what he brings, ninjak. stark has armor thats resist to heat and coolness

KingD19
But is he wearing that armor for this match? It's his standard armor, stop bringing up custom armor attributes.

chomperx9
But is he wearing that armor for this match? It's his standard armor, stop bringing up custom armor attributes. he can probably activate it in his custom armor as well.

the ninjak
Ironman Can definitely resist the freezing process for a while...
definetly long enough to speed though him and shattering him!
Bobby can only freeze efficiently what he can see with his eyes.
Extremis Ironman can easily spot and fly behind Bobby so fast!
And if Tony had prep Hulk Buster armor and Stealth would definetly be around the battlefield somewhere but Tony will have take Scott Bobby and Kurt and Emma before he can transform.... which only take a second. Stealth would be perfect for Bobby and Nightcrawler.
Hulkbuster for colossus.

chomperx9
colossus would give him the most trouble

KingD19
Guys, I think Ninjak is actually serious with all this blasphemy.

the ninjak
Guys, I think Ninjak is actually serious with all this blasphemy.

Tony can activate the armour and bond it to himself within 1 sec and then fly. Same with maybe the Stealth Armour but Hulk Buster With take around 4 secs because of its size.... but by the time everybody else is down Tony can take his time when dealing with colossus.
Did'nt you guys read Extremis and Execute Program?????

the ninjak
Remember it's 24 hr prep time.
The multiple armours would definely be there.
Tony would just fear Beast's gadgets.... Tony would probably hack them!
We haven't seen Tony kick butt lately because of the Secret Invasion situation and Norman hunting him, forcing him to downgrade himself into a coma.
But Tony was this capable before the Skrulls struck and focused a major attack on Stark tech.

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
stark has armor thats resist to heat and coolness Can it resist absolute zero?

Will it protect him against Iceman absorbing the moisture from his body?

He can't beat Iceman, anyway.

chomperx9
Can it resist absolute zero?

He can't beat Iceman, anyway. yes to both questions

Mindset

Any scans?

chomperx9

Any scans? any scans that it cant ?

wow iceman is way to OP now on this forum

the ninjak
Can it resist absolute zero?

He can't beat Iceman, anyway.

24 hr prep.
Tony would focus on Bobby Kurt and Scott first.
Bobby has to see Ironman in order to freeze him long enough for it to work. Extremis once again ....is FAST!!!!!
With Stealth armour Bobby is shattered. Scott knocked out.

Mindset
Are you just pretending to be stupid?

It's too late, I can't tell.

chomperx9

It's too late, I can't tell. no i go by what makes sense not what everyone says because fanboyism has increased on a certain character

the ninjak

It's too late, I can't tell.

24 hour prep.
Tony can change armours almost instantly.
Please explain scenarios where our comments ( which are accurate) won't work.
Instead of calling people stupid.
I know what Ironman is capable of.

Mindset
no i go by what makes sense not what everyone says because fanboyism has increased on a certain character Ok, so you're just dense.

Mindset
24 hour prep.
Tony can change armours almost instantly.
Please explain scenarios where our comments ( which are accurate) won't work.
Instead of calling people stupid.
I know what Ironman is capable of. Well, I never called you stupid, even though you're wrong, it doesn't make you stupid.

However, comments like this does make him stupid:
any scans that it cant ?

wow iceman is way to OP now on this forum

Show me scans of any armor of Tony's being unaffected by absolute zero, and how is he going to beat someone who can reform from any of his attacks?

Xplosive
X-Men stomps him.

the ninjak
and how is he going to beat someone who can reform from any of his attacks?

Bobby is my favourie character. But how can he freeze something he cant see? Even without Stealth tech. Extremis is fast. But he does have Stealth tech its 24 hour prep.

I also need to know how long it takes Bobby to reform himself.

I remember in AOA it took him a few hours!

Xplosive
Actually Iron Man isn't bringing Iceman down.

Mindset
Bobby is my favourie character. But how can he freeze something he cant see? Even without Stealth tech. Extremis is fast. But he does have Stealth tech its 24 hour prep.

I also need to know how long it takes Bobby to reform himself.

I remember in AOA it took him a few hours! Bobby is you're favorite character but you don't even know how fast he can reform?

When was the last time you read an X-men comic with him in it?

He can reform in seconds.

chomperx9
Well, I never called you stupid, even though you're wrong, it doesn't make you stupid.

However, comments like this does make him stupid:

Show me scans of any armor of Tony's being unaffected by absolute zero, and how is he going to beat someone who can reform from any of his attacks? sorry i dont have any scans of ironman at the moment but tony has gone all over the world before to help out others including arctica and antarctica where it gets below 0 there if his armor can handl it there then how is bobby gonna effect his armor ?

Mindset
Ok, do you not know what absolute zero is?

the ninjak
Bobby is you're favorite character but you don't even know how fast he can reform?

When was the last time you read an X-men comic with him in it?

He can reform in seconds.

I must admit stopped keeping track less than a year ago.
Been keeping track more of Avengers and Ironman.
Got bored of Xmen until only recently.
Well I guess Bobby is on his way to claiming that Omega Level mantle, he was awesome in AOA. And recently he survived that oil tank explosion, just walked out T1000 style. As I said Tony would have to focus on him Kurt and Scott first.
But in a recent forum Bobby couldnt deep freeze Magneto and Ironman is faster than Magneto.
But if Bobby can just keep using the moisture in the air to reform, then when Ironman shatters Bobby Ironman blasts area with teh satellite beam hoping no moisture in immediate area will finish him.
If that doesnt work Stealth tech is still in play.
How does Bobby freeze what he can't see?

Iceman is the Omega Level threat here

chomperx9
Ok, do you not know what absolute zero is? yeah and since stark has 24hr prep whats to stop him from making a suit thats resistant to absolute zero ?

Mindset
no expression

the ninjak
And what is stopping Tony with 24 hr prep from having access to mutant dampening tech? He would have easily gained access to heaps of that gear when he led SHIELD. And thats complete access!

Ironman in Stealth Tech armour Smacks out Scott. Bobby flies in to help. Tony flies behind Bobby and shatters him. Throw Dampening device amongst broken shards. Dead Bobby. Maybe. Nightcrawler would have to be taken down beforehand but Stealth can take care of that.

Blanket
Couldn't sleep. Got back on Wii. Saw this:
sorry i dont have any scans of ironman at the moment but tony has gone all over the world before to help out others including arctica and antarctica where it gets below 0 there if his armor can handl it there then how is bobby gonna effect his armor ? Absolute goldmine of awesome.

Harbinger
Kick for hilarity.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Harbinger
Kick for hilarity.

Thanx smile

the ninjak
But yes Tony has 5 armours designed for any situation.
One could handle below zero temperatures and hot magma.
He had them in Execute Programme.
They got hacked and went on a rampage, it took Avengers and FF4 combined efforts to put them down.

starlock
X-men win

The Nuul
Originally posted by starlock
X-men win

Survivor19
Several facts you need to understand about X-Men:
1) They have impressive array of cloacking tech, hard-light projectors and other stealth stuff. They aren't going to be found easy
2) Bobby Drake can control heat currents and percieve them. If anything displaces air, he can find it because of disturbance in the heat movement it creates
3) With TP buff he can do it on a big scale
4) Emma is skilled enough to locate blank points in Astral plane and TP buffers
5) X-Men WILL find Tony, no matter what he does and will stay hidden while they do so
6) Not that it matters. Iceman can block chemical reactions, combustion in particular. Tony won't fly and he won'r be fast
And i didn't even got to using nannites and EM mines.

The Nuul
Is the X-Men still invisible to tech? that enchanment that Roma put on them....

the ninjak
Originally posted by Survivor19
Several facts you need to understand about X-Men:
1) They have impressive array of cloacking tech, hard-light projectors and other stealth stuff. They aren't going to be found easy
2) Bobby Drake can control heat currents and percieve them. If anything displaces air, he can find it because of disturbance in the heat movement it creates
3) With TP buff he can do it on a big scale
4) Emma is skilled enough to locate blank points in Astral plane and TP buffers
5) X-Men WILL find Tony, no matter what he does and will stay hidden while they do so
6) Not that it matters. Iceman can block chemical reactions, combustion in particular. Tony won't fly and he won'r be fast
And i didn't even got to using nannites and EM mines.

Cool.....
Tony can hack that tech with Extremis.
He is immune to Telepathic attacks and any astral manipulation of his armour due to his complete integration to the armour.
Tony has mastered nano tech on a level far better than these guys.
He saved all of the Marvel heroes when his nanos discovered that they were all traped by the Brood.
Iceman is the only challenge here.....and fighting him is like fighting a god.
Being able to sense heat won't help Bobby when Tony can Super Speed anywhere around him with ease.
Nano machines wouldnt effect Bobby.
And this is not a hiding fight, for arguments sake fight take place in a open area. With 24 hr prep multiple armours could make this a Stalemate.
embarrasment

Survivor19
Tony won't hack anything he can't connect to. And X-Men's tech would most likely hack him. )))
Tony may call himself master of nano-tech, but it was Beast who once purged Chandialr from Phalanx with his tech and some random power combo. Phalanx. Those TO guys, who Extremis has nothing on.

Open area, closed area - doesn't matter. My point that X-Men can hide with tech stands. My point thatt they can find Tony stands.
And i'm willing to bet they can intercept him andpin him down as well.

the ninjak
This is a fun forum
I love the Xmen and normally I would be on their side.
But I am almost completely aware of what Tony can do with the armour while he was at Extremis level. So I feel I have to be the one guy who defends him in this match.
5 years ago Ironman would have messed up an X team.
But Bobby ....who has always been my favourite member is so powerful!

I must remind you the combined efforts of the FF4, Avengers and ( I think?) Xmen members couldn't stop Tony's five new armours from achieving there goals. Tony had to intercept all of them to take them down.

The Nuul
You are a
Funny member
Good job
At making us laugh

thumb up

the ninjak
Thanx

the ninjak
Ironman's nano machines were able to force SheHulk into her human state through a retracting needle in his hand.
When Ironman used it against WWH it was a dud. Due to one of the Initiative stealing it in another issue.
If it worked WWH would have been altered.....if it worked.
The Xmen lost their Shiar tech when Danger emerged. And Beast specialises as a geneticist but proficient with tech. And that aint enough against Extremis....and if the Xmen had any tech that connected them to each other he would hack that.
Could Tony's nano machines force Bobby into his human state if he prepared for it?
Plus Mutant Dampening tech is also thrown into the mix due to SHIELD and genoshins having access to it. 24 HR Prep.

khazra
For someone not in a know to those who are:
does bobby never get KO'd or dispersed long enough in comics for it to count as incap here? Genuine question, it seems silly that theres someone on the xmen who trucks through anything yet they have issues with some enemies...why didnt cyclops just have him hold up sentry on his own for example?

Mindset
Originally posted by khazra
For someone not in a know to those who are:
does bobby never get KO'd or dispersed long enough in comics for it to count as incap here? Genuine question, it seems silly that theres someone on the xmen who trucks through anything yet they have issues with some enemies...why didnt cyclops just have him hold up sentry on his own for example? Not lately, and if he does there are circumstances involved, like him forming inside a wall or something.

PIS

AlmightyKfish
SPIN tech nanites aren't going to do anything to Bobby when he's iced up, as he has no bloodstream to disperse them into...

the ninjak
SPIN tech nanites aren't going to do anything to Bobby when he's iced up, as he has no bloodstream to disperse them into...

True... still Stalemate!

even with mutant dampening tech....just to be fair!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.