Darkseid with the ALE vs Galactus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Darksied with the ALE against a well fed Galactus.

Who wins?

Blanket
Galactus pushes him down. Multiverse gets dragged in. Galactus unharmed.

Omega Vision
Darkseid tells Galactus to kill himself and Galactus does so. Abraxas appears and Darkseid promptly commands him to sodomize Galactus' corpse while Darkseid looks on...cuz he's weird like that.

SoulDevourer
Ale DS drinks the Ale so he gets drunk & pass out, Galactus ftw

stick out tongue

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Darkseid tells Galactus to kill himself and Galactus does so. Abraxas appears and Darkseid promptly commands him to sodomize Galactus' corpse while Darkseid looks on...cuz he's weird like that.

so Anti-Life Equation>Abraxas? I think not.
Anyways big G FTW.

Prep-Man
DS.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by galactusischere
so Anti-Life Equation>Abraxas? I think not.
Anyways big G FTW.
It was able to dominate Promethean Giants.

Mindset
Abraxas > Promethian Giants

Desaad
The Version from Final Crisis was a multiversal threat on his own. Even as he died he was pretty much unstoppable. ALE be damned.

With the ALE all he needs to do is say a word.

King Kandy
It was able to dominate Promethean Giants.
Yes I agree, clearly promethean giants are all the evidence we need to say it would work on Abraxas.

quanchi112
Darkseid tells Galactus to kill himself and Galactus does so. Abraxas appears and Darkseid promptly commands him to sodomize Galactus' corpse while Darkseid looks on...cuz he's weird like that. Doesn't work on those wired differently. Galactus stomps. Ds failed to stop Batman in time from fatally wounding him so he isn't stopping Galactus.Originally posted by Desaad
The Version from Final Crisis was a multiversal threat on his own. Even as he died he was pretty much unstoppable. ALE be damned.

With the ALE all he needs to do is say a word. Funny, this didn't seem to work in fc.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Doesn't work on those wired differently. Galactus stomps. Ds failed to stop Batman in time from fatally wounding him so he isn't stopping Galactus. Funny, this didn't seem to work in fc.
The FC version of the ALE was horribly nerfed and watered down from previous versions which gave nigh-omnipotence to skilled users.

quanchi112
The FC version of the ALE was horribly nerfed and watered down from previous versions which gave nigh-omnipotence to skilled users. It's been retconned down but all Ds fans want to ignore that tidbit. Galactus stomps.

galactusischere
Only thing that could stop Abraxas was the Ultimate Nullifier or something of similar nature. Abraxas HAD to be sent back to Eternity/Galactus.

manx422
Darkseid

galactusischere
Just a question: Didn't the metagene virus in Final Crisis only affect metas? cause Cheetah and Snapper Carr weren't affected by it in FC:Resist.

Desaad
Just a question: Didn't the metagene virus in Final Crisis only affect metas? cause Cheetah and Snapper Carr weren't affected by it in FC:Resist.

Snapper would have been affected but had a suit and mask to protect him. As soon as he got caught outside without it on, he lost his ability to teleport.

Cheetah, though, you're right on the money. Didn't work on her because her powers were magic in nature.

Slaanesh
i don't see everyone following Darkseid in FC so i doubt he can control Galactus..
is Galactus fighting Darkseid that got shot by Batman or his true form that is destroying the multiverse??if it's the one that got shot by batman..then Galactus stomp..if it's the other one..i'm not really sure..

Endless Mike
The reason people could resist it is because some of them had the Life Equation or other plot devices. Galactus doesn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The reason people could resist it is because some of them had the Life Equation or other plot devices. Galactus doesn't. Wired differently.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Ale DS drinks the Ale so he gets drunk & pass out, Galactus ftw

stick out tongue

laughing

Allankles
I don't see Galactus or Abraxas resisting a weaponized ALE. We saw super cosmics like Radiant affected with just the worded ALE.

Mindset
Radiant sucks though.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Mindset
Radiant sucks though. Kind of agreed.

She new & supporting character for Spectre.

Omega Vision
There were a few ways to escape the ALE. One of them is being a Monitor, another is being branded with the New Genesis letter for freedom, another is being exposed previously to a smaller dose, one is apparently hope (though that's rather unclear), and then there's apparently the speed force.

galactusischere
^ Then Galactus is safe smile
He can do 2 of the things that u mentioned

Omega Vision
^ Then Galactus is safe smile
He can do 2 of the things that u mentioned
Which ones?

Desaad
The idea of multiple 'levels' of the Anti Life Equation pretty much explains away all the discrepencies.

The version that Mr. Miracle and Orion had during the "Orion" series, the 'complete' Anti Life Equation, is inescapable by almost anyone or anything LIVING, or that once LIVED (that's the rub -- robots seem to be totally immune).

The version we saw in Morrison was meant more as an allegory for the despair and heartbreak that grinds us down in every day life. The Barry scene wasn't meant to show that, IMHO, the Speedforce could cleanse or overcome the Anti Life Equation, but rather the strength and purity of Barry's love for Iris, and Iris' love for Barry, could.

galactusischere
Which ones?

Nevermind, only one of them. Speed force.
Question: was the metagene virus the samething as the Anti-life equation?

Omega Vision
Nevermind, only one of them. Speed force.
What makes you think Galactus could call on the Speed Force? Generally the Speed-Force is something that chooses its users, I haven't seen many cases of anyone taking or commanding the speed-force that wasn't a Speedster.

Edit: No, it wasn't. The Meta-Gene Virus was used to rob metas of their powers and Wonder Woman was used as the incubator.

Desaad
Actually the Meta Gene virus was, I think, meant to be a derivative of the Morticcoucus virus, the virus from Kamandi that caused everyone to turn into animal/human hybrids.

galactusischere
What makes you think Galactus could call on the Speed Force? Generally the Speed-Force is something that chooses its users, I haven't seen many cases of anyone taking or commanding the speed-force that wasn't a Speedster. He can do pretty much anything with PC to lesser forces(and SF is lesser). Seriously Silver Surfer is definately faster than Flash. Let alone Morg or Fallen One. But Galactus wouldn't need to do that because he can ultimately nullify the ALE and Darkseid.
Though I've read only a few issues of Final crisis and 5 of the countdown to infinite crisis ones. So my opinion on this is moot. just pointing it out.

Ty

Desaad
I've never seen Galactus replicate such a specific type of power, though. Consume, sure, but replicate? I don't think so.

And, again, I think people are misinterpreting that scene from Final Crisis.

galactusischere
Since I don't read much DC what is Flash's most impressive speed feat thats cannon?

Desaad
Single handidly destroying the Pre-Crisis Anti Monitor, probably?

Or if you mean pure speed, probably racing across the universe faster than instant teleportation...or easily traveling through time, I don't know what you consider to be faster.

galactusischere

Desaad
I'm not interested in comparing speed feats. We're talking about manipulating a specific type of energy here.

galactusischere
Hmm..if the speed force were to be consumed by big G, would Galactus be completely immune to the equation?
and by the scans I was showing that anything SF can do, Galactus can do better.

Juntai
Use the links, that takes up too much space.
And the crossing a universe by hopping out of a black hole isn't entirely the same as crossing the universe by yourself in travel speed. Lobo can cross the universe in the same manner.

Allankles
Originally posted by Desaad
The idea of multiple 'levels' of the Anti Life Equation pretty much explains away all the discrepencies.

The version that Mr. Miracle and Orion had during the "Orion" series, the 'complete' Anti Life Equation, is inescapable by almost anyone or anything LIVING, or that once LIVED (that's the rub -- robots seem to be totally immune).

The version we saw in Morrison was meant more as an allegory for the despair and heartbreak that grinds us down in every day life. The Barry scene wasn't meant to show that, IMHO, the Speedforce could cleanse or overcome the Anti Life Equation, but rather the strength and purity of Barry's love for Iris, and Iris' love for Barry, could.

ALE in FC was the complete equation, it is explained that only small parts of the unthinkably large equation are seen or spoken in the lower dimensions of the DCU. Basically the equation that people chant is a very simplified translation.

I think the way authors interpret it varies, but FC ALE was definitely the complete equation, the entire theory proven.

Juntai
Flash at his top speeds is faster than Surfer, imo. He just doesn't have many feats crossing cosmic distances by nature of his character being a human.

But he's definitively faster than Superman, who does have feats crossing vast cosmic distances in short spans of time.
But I don't see where this discussion has anything to do with this thread.

Allankles
Hmm..if the speed force were to be consumed by big G, would Galactus be completely immune to the equation?
and by the scans I was showing that anything SF can do, Galactus can do better.

Maybe. But where's he going to consume the speed force? The Speed Force I think represents freedom from all restrictions, total escape.

That said I'm not sure the Flashs were immune to the ALE i.e. if they got infected they'd be slaves to it, unless another Flash cured them with the speed force.

Desaad
Originally posted by Allankles
ALE in FC was the complete equation, it is explained that only small parts of the unthinkably large equation are seen or spoken in the lower dimensions of the DCU. Basically the equation that people chant is a very simplified translation.

You don't know that it was the 'complete' equation. It certainly seemed less powerful and less widespread than what Orion was able to do with the complete equation, for instance.

And again, for those touting the speed force, I'd remind you that when Orion had the Anti Life Equation he was easily able to control the JLA -- Flash included. It's not the speed force. It was the pure love thing.

galactusischere
So then Galactus falls?

Allankles
Originally posted by Desaad
You don't know that it was the 'complete' equation. It certainly seemed less powerful and less widespread than what Orion was able to do with the complete equation, for instance.

And again, for those touting the speed force, I'd remind you that when Orion had the Anti Life Equation he was easily able to control the JLA -- Flash included. It's not the speed force. It was the pure love thing.

In one the FC tie-ins it says that DS mastered the whole unthinkable equation. Also I think he tells Batman that he'd proven it

quanchi112
There were a few ways to escape the ALE. One of them is being a Monitor, another is being branded with the New Genesis letter for freedom, another is being exposed previously to a smaller dose, one is apparently hope (though that's rather unclear), and then there's apparently the speed force. So what you are saying is a lot of things can resist the ale and presuming Galactus can't is complete speculation.

Allankles
A lot of things are speculation, like speculating that Supes can't blitz Thanos to holy hell.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
A lot of things are speculation, like speculating that Supes can't blitz Thanos to holy hell. We've proven he can't.

Mindset
I always love seeing Thanos **** Cap up with a pimpslap.

Omega Vision
We've proven he can't.
Where is this vaunted spectral evidence, pray tell?

galactusischere
You and Quan need to end this blood rivarly. seriously all you 2 do is disagree with each other

quanchi112
Where is this vaunted spectral evidence, pray tell? In the Thanos vs. Superman thread. Where else would it be?

Omega Vision
You and Quan need to end this blood rivarly. seriously all you 2 do is disagree with each other
Disagreement tends to happen when one party is consistently wrong (Quan). But I don't disagree with him on everything. I agree that Thanos beats Superman but I disagree with his belief that Superman can't take one win. I'm a DS fanboy but I admit that Superman can beat Darkseid without it even being PIS necessarily, its just no writer has ever done a good job of portraying a good DS/Superman fight where Superman wins, except perhaps in the DCAU, but that isn't comics.
In the Thanos vs. Superman thread. Where else would it be?
I'll check on it, but its a scientific rule of thumb that one should never say anything is proven, only highly likely and/or suggested to be true. You can't prove that Superman will never be able to speed-blitz Thanos when comics have shown Superman speed-blitzing guys faster than Thanos time and time again.

quanchi112
Disagreement tends to happen when one party is consistently wrong (Quan). But I don't disagree with him on everything. I agree that Thanos beats Superman but I disagree with his belief that Superman can't take one win. I'm a DS fanboy but I admit that Superman can beat Darkseid without it even being PIS necessarily, its just no writer has ever done a good job of portraying a good DS/Superman fight where Superman wins, except perhaps in the DCAU, but that isn't comics.

I'll check on it, but its a scientific rule of thumb that one should never say anything is proven, only highly likely and/or suggested to be true. You can't prove that Superman will never be able to speed-blitz Thanos when comics have shown Superman speed-blitzing guys faster than Thanos time and time again. They don't have the reactionary feats or the methods Thanos has to negate speed. Duh.

Omega Vision
They don't have the reactionary feats or the methods Thanos has to negate speed. Duh.
You sure about that? What are Thanos' reaction feats?

quanchi112
You sure about that? What are Thanos' reaction feats? Start debating. You use generalized terms while not stating anything, really.

Look through the Superman/Thanos thread.

Omega Vision
Start debating. You use generalized terms while not stating anything, really.

Look through the Superman/Thanos thread.
Generalized terms like "Based on?" and "Iyo", and "How so?" face it, you're the king of charlatans when debating is concerned. I'll look through the thread but I doubt there will be anything more in it than your usual pathetic excuse for discourse.

quanchi112
Generalized terms like "Based on?" and "Iyo", and "How so?" face it, you're the king of charlatans when debating is concerned. I'll look through the thread but I doubt there will be anything more in it than your usual pathetic excuse for discourse. What characters are Thanos level?

Can they put up shields,use tk, etc. like Thanos has?

Omega Vision
What characters are Thanos level?

Can they put up shields,use tk, etc. like Thanos has?
H/P Doomsday, Darkseid, an Imperiex Probe, Despero.
Thanos hasn't done enough with his tk to prove that he could do anything significant to Superman with it and as for the shields that relies on him putting them up before Superman reaches him, hence the speed-blitz issue. The shields don't automatically defeat a speed-blitz, its really all a quick draw contest and Superman's odds are as good or better than Thanos' at winning such a contest.

quanchi112
H/P Doomsday, Darkseid, an Imperiex Probe, Despero.
Thanos hasn't done enough with his tk to prove that he could do anything significant to Superman with it and as for the shields that relies on him putting them up before Superman reaches him, hence the speed-blitz issue. The shields don't automatically defeat a speed-blitz, its really all a quick draw contest and Superman's odds are as good or better than Thanos' at winning such a contest. HP Doomsday crushed him. He doesn't have anywhere near the abilities Thanos has. He's just a brick.

Darkseid isn't anywhere near Thanos' level. He also doesn't use shields or tk to negate speed.

Saying a probe is Thanos' level is completely stupid. You really don't have the foggiest clue about anything do you?

Despero has varied in appearances. Does he have the abilities Thanos has when dealing with speed?

Fallen One and the Surfer showing prove you wrong.

Read up on Thanos before spouting such nonsense.

Batman-Prime

galactusischere
It depends on what you want to believe(DS and Thanos). If you like Thanos more as a character ur gonna say Thanos, if you like Darkseid, ur gonna say Darkseid.

It has been argued and argued no to avail.

quanchi112

lawest9
It depends on what you want to believe(DS and Thanos). If you like Thanos more as a character ur gonna say Thanos, if you like Darkseid, ur gonna say Darkseid.

It has been argued and argued no to avail. And that is what it comes down to with all of these characters........you'll find a way for your favorites to beat the other guys favorite.

comicfan11
FC DS IMO
Multiversal level threat + Global Mind control ftw

quanchi112
Originally posted by comicfan11
FC DS IMO
Multiversal level threat + Global Mind control ftw It failed on those wired differently. It wasn't used to stop Batman before he shot ds with radion. There is nothing from the comic which supports any notion of Galactus losing this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.