War vs Alex Mercer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LLLLLink
Full power.
Set in the Capitol Wasteland.

Let's get it on!

KingD19
Ummmm, It's War's destructive capabilities, up against Mercer's healing. But if War wins, and Mercer has nothing around to feed on, he won't be coming back.

War 6-7/10

BloodRain
^ Same. Mercer could absorb those zombie guys. Maybe Mercer's strongest attacks can do the job.

Maester_yoda
i don't know is mercer could actually do anything to War. The regeneration is wats the killer. If there is nothing around for Mercer to absorb then war in a stomp.

And if we are talking about full power War, then all he would do is wait for mercer to reform and destroy him again. no getting tired out.

War in theory could go and destroy all life forms around the battle area then mercer couldn't reform. As for mercers speed, War throws glaive and holds him in place, then charges forward riding Ruin and that would be then end. War needs to get close. Also it doesn't matter what building mercer climbs, cause War can throw cars up to 30+ stories relatively fast.

I don't know a whole lot about Mercers attacks though, but from what ive seen, they wouldn't do much damage

LLLLLink
The Wasteland is full of plenty of cars to throw...

Maester_yoda
if its the wasteland and War is at full power, i don't see him having any problem

BloodRain
The thrown cars wont cause that much damage, Alex' armor/shield and agility would make the hits minimal. No idea how durable War is but i assume its high right?

KingD19
If you play the game, you'll see how insanely durable War is. Plus he has multiple life counters and you have to empty all of those to truly kill him. The guy's been stabbed, stomped, pounded, just about every type of injury you can recieve, he's gotten, and he's walked away from it all.

Maester_yoda
/\
Of a truth. He also tanked heavenly blasts from angels, lava blasts, poisen, the works

also if he turns into his chaos form.....you can't hurt him, aaaaand that makes him uber-strong

BloodRain
Then War takes this

Maester_yoda
hey bloodrain, i keep trying to place your sig pic, and i can't think of who it is? alittle help?

BloodRain
Haine from Dogs: Bullets & Carnage. Not a popular manga so id be surprised if you've heard of it.

Maester_yoda
isn't that the one with like genetic tinkering or whatever and it revolves around some who want to know the truth? i think i remember one of my friends talking about it...is it good, should i watch?

BloodRain
Id give it an 8/10 depending on your taste, its only a manga with a few OAVs that i havnt seen so i cant really say if thats good or not.

Maester_yoda
cool thanks thumb up

iChaos
Meh, he's sounds like Spawn in durability feats.

"Death cut off half of War's arm, subduing him. The half of his arm was later replaced by War's Gauntlet."

So he couldn't he be cut into pieces?

BloodRain
I guess with his blade arm at his strength (or combined with muscle mass) could do that.

Utrigita
A interesting match imo, two beings that both have a high level of durability, have shown considerable strength and are basically good at what they do.

I personally doesn't think that War will stomp Mercer. I see them coming off somewhere around 6/10 for War.

I have a question however, do we allow War to use his extra life points? Mercers ability to regenerate are a constant factor, but War's "regeneration" only kicks in when he is "dead" technically that would equal a win since it would then count as a KO.

Maester_yoda
i don't think they are counting items, but i don't think mercer has enough oomph to hurt War enough to kill him.

Utrigita
Did the sword the angel use have a direct effect on War? because else I believe the case could be made that Mercer can hammer his sword through War too.

redninjas
war ftw

Maester_yoda
no, the sword would hit him yes, but not have lasting affect. The sword that ran him through at the end was the Armageddon blade, significantly more powerful than anything mercer would have, and even that War got up and walked away. Also it seems in game that no matter how high you fall you don't get hurt, adding more to War's durability

iChaos
The blade was small, but meh.

Maester_yoda
the master sword is small too

LLLLLink
Small in comparison to what?

Maester_yoda
to the biggoron sword and other sword that are made. not all. i was making the point that "size matters not."

LLLLLink
Lol, Yoda reference.

Maester_yoda
hey what can i say?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Maester_yoda
no, the sword would hit him yes, but not have lasting affect. The sword that ran him through at the end was the Armageddon blade, significantly more powerful than anything mercer would have, and even that War got up and walked away. Also it seems in game that no matter how high you fall you don't get hurt, adding more to War's durability

Okay fair enough, two things though: 1. I was under the impression that the breaking of the seal reanimated War because it directly brought about the Apocalypse 2. Mercer could iirc also fall from any height without receiving injury.

BloodRain
Alex is unharmed from any fall no matter the height. Im sure the Armageddon blade is stronger the his arm blade but it is strong enough to destroy tanks in 1 to 3 hits.

Foxy Shazam
At full power War would utterly annihilate Mercer.

Utrigita
Originally posted by BloodRain
Alex is unharmed from any fall no matter the height. Im sure the Armageddon blade is stronger the his arm blade but it is strong enough to destroy tanks in 1 to 3 hits.

Well that was what I was thinking, and Mercer isn't exactly a pushover in terms of strength either, picking up a Abrams and running up a wall with it, that is I believe around 70 tons...

BloodRain
Which musclemass could double.

Utrigita
And based on the opening scene, mercer can have more then one ability running at the time... It might not kill War but it's going to hurt... alot...

Just to point one thing out here, I'm not saying that Alex Mercer will win because I very much doubt it, but I don't see Mercer being a pushover.

BloodRain
^Agreed.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by Utrigita
And based on the opening scene, mercer can have more then one ability running at the time... It might not kill War but it's going to hurt... alot...

Just to point one thing out here, I'm not saying that Alex Mercer will win because I very much doubt it, but I don't see Mercer being a pushover.

fair enough. Not a pushover, but still a win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.