360 HDMI and VGA at the same time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FWahMaN
It seemed like after inserting the non-M$ hdmi cable, there was still room to attach a component/VGA cable into the 360. There actually wasn't.

I guess someone here knows if one is able to connect a VGA and an HDMI cable to the 360 at the same time or not...

I was trying this because I wanted to be able to get HDMI picture and using my computer speakers at the same time.

FWahMaN
MWah!

FWahMaN
Actually more like FWAH! (random utterance of disappointment) @ M$'s cheap-tricking behinds!

I mean really? THEIR COMPOSITE/COMPONENT/VGA CABLES ARE DESIGNED IN A SUCH A WAY MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CONNECT A NON-MADE-BY-CARELESS-M$ HDMI CABLE WHILE HAVING THEIR COMPOSITE/COMPONENT/VGA CABLES CONNECTED TO THE 360 AT THE SAME TIME, BUT, THEY MADE A "OPTICAL AUDIO" CABLE THAT ONLY COMES WITH THEIR HDMI CABLE THAT WILL FIT IN THE 360 *inhales* FOR USE OF AN AUDIO SYSTEM...AND THIS OPTICAL AUDIO CABLE IS FEMALE...so you'd need male RCA cables to go into those...how wonderful...

Anyway, I initially asked the question since my TV's speakers are of ass quality and my computer speakers, although 10+ years old deliver brilliant sound...wish they looked new though. They are Yamaha speakers.

I personally think M$ kind of did a cheap trick there...making you buy THEIR HDMI cable if you wanted to use an audio system. I mean I can use the "audio out" ports on my TV but I tested that today and they deliver a nasty "hiss" like no tomorrow and that gets annoying when no sound (besides the hiss) are being emitted from the speakers...

As a fighting games fan I thought it was bad enough they designed the shittiest directional pad on the face of the Earth...but now they make FAT COMPOSITE/COMPONENT/VGA cables to block out HDMI cables that are not made by them. erm

FWahMaN
I'd kinda edit that after realizing the audio cable can be purchased separately. Then again, if M$ doesn't do this and you could only get the cable separately (without the hdmi by MS) from places like Amazon then I probably wouldn't. Still kind of sucks they would make their other 3 cables hdmi-blocking.

S_D_J
To be honest I don't really know much about it. I'm not much of an audiophile myself, I got the TV hook up to a HiFi mini component and that's enough for me

maybe this could help you:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/661317/setting_up_xbox_360_audio.html

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/hooking-up-xbox-360-sound.html

for what I gather, you still need to shell out extra bucks to get the proper cables and stuff... which is probably the main reason I don't bother with it... erm

FWahMaN
Can the 360 RCA cable that comes with the HDMI bundle be sold separately as unopened? Or does it only come in the HDMI bundle?

FWahMaN
Plulz?

FWahMaN
I should probably shank myself right about now...

First, I do something so stupid like trying to insert one end of a USB cable (the one that is meant to power my PSP via a USB port on my PC/360/PS2 etc.) into the power port of my DS LITE thinking it might have an exact a fit. Don't think anything happened, but the possibility of me having done something kills me (as how everything else does).

And I just friggin, friggin figured out MY 360 ELITE CAME WITH A DAMN OPTICAL AUDIO RCA CABLE/DONGLE THAT IS ESSENTIALLY HALF OF THE HDMI BUNDLE! And that thing was all I needed in the first place when making this thread...FWAH! And I payed 40 bucks not knowing the thing was in my 360 Elite box ALL THE WAY IN THE FRIGGING BOTTOM OF THAT ABYSS OF A BOX....................AND I FOUND THIS WHEN LOOKING FOR MY 4 YEAR SERVICE PLAN FOR MY XBOX...in case I even get the red ring for some reason.

Hopefully, Amazon won't ship it and I will be refunded. Now I just have the DS + PSP USB cable paranoia being the pathetic little crap I am.

FWahMaN
cry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.