Fully Geared Odin vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Odin in Destroyer Armor armed with Odinsword and Gugnir

vs

Galactus

DarkOdin
This is a toughone we have seen how the destroyer hed up agaisnt the Celetrials but i think it depends on on what level galactus is on. Last time i seen his was in BRB mini and he look to be hungry even after he eats something .

So i give Odin7-8 of 10 for current Galactus

However is this was Galactus well feed and not drained like he is currently i seen the armour getting hosed again Galactus take sit 10/10 but the destroyer makes galactus need to feed again after the battle.

Uatu76
Imo the destroyer should do the same or worse than it did against the celestial host.....if it's a decently fed Galactus. Meaning Odin loses and badly at that.

xJLxKing
NO, just no. Odin has no chance.

DarkOdin
i think must people here aren't giving the Odin'destroyer the respest it deserves here.

Galactus would have failed just like the Destroyer did against that many celestials.

The Odin destroyer was just a notch under them kind like Odin comapred to Thanos.

It took a blast from all 6 or 7 i forget how many to put the destoyer down for good.

Galactus well fed would win but he would not be in the best of shape after the fight.

from the start the destroyer was taking 2 of the celestial for crying out loud.

Plus the fact that current Galactus is still hungry after feeding appeartly from being drain so much thanks to being used as a weapon.

that Odindestroyer should get some solid wins from him

Mindset
1 Celestial would have been enough to beat the Destroyer.

you mofo

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
NO, just no. Odin has no chance. How doesn't he have a chance? Do you realize how powerful Odin is in this scenario?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Mindset
1 Celestial would have been enough to beat the Destroyer.

you mofo

without a doubt but the destroyer would have done alot better against 1 then 7.

But i don't expect you to understand that 7>1 it is a little complex for the likes of you stick out tongue

SoulDevourer
Galactus cant damage Ultron so he aint damagin Destroyer (dunno if energy drain work on Destroyer tho)

galactusischere
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Galactus cant damage Ultron so he aint damagin Destroyer (dunno if energy drain work on Destroyer tho)

Sarcasm right? cause he did drain Ultron and Luke Cage said that's one bad dude, I remember it.

Galactus stomps with ease.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkOdin
without a doubt but the destroyer would have done alot better against 1 then 7.

But i don't expect you to understand that 7>1 it is a little complex for the likes of you stick out tongue It would have done the same, which was nothing significant.

DarkOdin
It would have done the same, which was nothing significant. Wrong the fact that a group of Celestials felt the need to surround the destroyer shows a huge significances. The fact that the destroyer was able to fight and hold it own when fighting 1v1 blocking a celestrials blast and tanking a number of hits before even taking damge is huge. Be it a very low threat the Celestials saw it as one otherwise they woudn't gang up on it. We didn't see the group of celestrials all gang-up on Thor and he knocked one down.

Mindset
Wrong.

The Destroyer didn't do any lasting damage to any of the Celestials. More Celestials fought against the Destroyer than they did against Thanos, that doesn't mean Odin was the greater threat.

Harbinger
Originally posted by quanchi112
How doesn't he have a chance? Do you realize how powerful Odin is in this scenario? And he couldn't dent a Celestial. Not even close.

Galactus wins.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by galactusischere
Sarcasm right? cause he did drain Ultron and Luke Cage said that's one bad dude, I remember it. yeah DRAIN no expression he cant damage Ultrons armor thats why he had to drain
Galactus aint that strong

SoulDevourer
btw dint Destroyer chop of 1 of the Celestials hand or somethin?

DarkOdin
Wrong.

The Destroyer didn't do any lasting damage to any of the Celestials. More Celestials fought against the Destroyer than they did against Thanos, that doesn't mean Odin was the greater threat.

The celestials for more of ther showings only attack when there is a threat. Which is the point. The destroyer mananged to contine to fight 2 nonstopping blast from 2 celestrials. It only was destoryed when all of them attacked. The Odindestroyer was a small threat to them if it was nothing they would of done what they always do nothing

Harbinger
btw dint Destroyer chop of 1 of the Celestials hand or somethin? From which the Celestial instantly regenerated.

Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Harbinger
From which the Celestial instantly regenerated. but its still damage
regeneration =/= invulnerblity

Mindset
The celestials for more of ther showings only attack when there is a threat. Which is the point. The destroyer mananged to contine to fight 2 nonstopping blast from 2 celestrials. It only was destoryed when all of them attacked. The Odindestroyer was a small threat to them if it was nothing they would of done what they always do nothing About as much of a threat as Thor was.

You're trying to measure the Destroyer's power by how many Celestials fought him, but you are ignoring the fact that even if one Celestial fought against it the result would have been the same.

Utrigita
yeah DRAIN no expression he cant damage Ultrons armor thats why he had to drain
Galactus aint that strong

So based on the one incident

This if I understand correctly:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/secretwars00109ae5.jpg

you conclude that Galactus was incapable of damaging Ultrons armor? That is a bit farstretched imo.

quanchi112
And he couldn't dent a Celestial. Not even close.

Galactus wins. Actually, he did more than just dent. he also had the misfortune of taking on the entire host. We've seen T and A take down Galactus before so using this as some sort of justification as a win over Odin is void of logic and common sense.

From which the Celestial instantly regenerated. Then why did you just say he couldn't dent one?

Also, do you think Galactus would have a chance against the Celestials here?

Harbinger
Actually, he did more than just dent. he also had the misfortune of taking on the entire host. We've seen T and A take down Galactus before so using this as some sort of justification as a win over Odin is void of logic and common sense.

Then why did you just say he couldn't dent one?

Also, do you think Galactus would have a chance against the Celestials here? I said he didn't dent because the Celestial regenerated within a panel or two, IIRC. Doing damage doesn't really mean much if your opponent can effortlessly recover.

Galactus goes down against the Host, too, but does more than what Odin + Vishanti + Odinsword + every Asgardian minus Thor does. The Destroyer's main two feats against the host are cutting off a Celestial's arm and getting reduced to slag. Galactus fares better, IMO.

quanchi112
I said he didn't dent because the Celestial regenerated within a panel or two, IIRC. Doing damage doesn't really mean much if your opponent can effortlessly recover.

Galactus goes down against the Host, too, but does more than what Odin + Vishanti + Odinsword + every Asgardian minus Thor does. The Destroyer's main two feats against the host are cutting off a Celestial's arm and getting reduced to slag. Galactus fares better, IMO. Yes, but the point is Odin can damage them. The problem is these characters outrank cc's so what chance did he have going up against the entire host. I mean come on now.

Galactus does worse imo. He's went down to far less than the 4th host of the Celestials.

DarkOdin
About as much of a threat as Thor was.

You're trying to measure the Destroyer's power by how many Celestials fought him, but you are ignoring the fact that even if one Celestial fought against it the result would have been the same. no not at all i said that the destroyer would have faired better against 1 then a group which no one can argue. i admitted 2 times that the destroyer would loss but it would go done easily.

The celetrials only attack when there is a threat that is clear.

And from the past showing the Celetrials just ingnore something that is not a threat.

The battle showed the destroyer could go blow to blow with a celestrial it could match them 1v1 on energy blast damaged there armor/body.
We have seen tech take celestrials down "Reeds alternative universe" Odin alone is a galaxy buster the freakin destroyer itself has the power of 3 skyfathers plus a whole pantheon behind the battle shown that it could take hit from freakin 2 of them while fighting a 3rd. Plus it took the whole group to finally bring it down.

DarkOdin
I said he didn't dent because the Celestial regenerated within a panel or two, IIRC. Doing damage doesn't really mean much if your opponent can effortlessly recover.

Galactus goes down against the Host, too, but does more than what Odin + Vishanti + Odinsword + every Asgardian minus Thor does. The Destroyer's main two feats against the host are cutting off a Celestial's arm and getting reduced to slag. Galactus fares better, IMO. Not even close to what actually happened the destroyer was only damged when 3 of the celestrial started blasting him it was a close before that and it took the whole host as a group to blow the thing up.

quanchi112
Not even close to what actually happened the destroyer was only damged when 3 of the celestrial started blasting him it was a close before that and it took the whole host as a group to blow the thing up. Not to mention how easily they'd rape Galactus as well.

galactusischere
Galactus would kill any celestial one on one.
Whether it's Exitar or Arishem or Tiamut, they all go down to the devourer of worlds.

quanchi112
Galactus would kill any celestial one on one.
Whether it's Exitar or Arishem or Tiamut, they all go down to the devourer of worlds. That's not what I asked. That's also speculation. Against the same host Odin faced Galactus would be raped as well.

galactusischere
Atleast Galactus would so some damage. Odin w/destroyer couldn't do crap. They barely took notice of him.

quanchi112
Atleast Galactus would so some damage. Odin w/destroyer couldn't do crap. They barely took notice of him. They actually all ganged up on him and defeated him after reforming limbs. You act as if you haven't even read it.

Utrigita
Why exactly are the fight the full powered Destroyer was involved in against the Celestials even taken into consideration? This is Odin with the Odin Sword and Gungnir, not the fully charged Destroyer (as far as I read the opening post).

If anything the best gauge would be when Odin beat the crap out of Thor with the Destroyer armor and the Odin Sword. That is the Odin I imagined when I read the opening post, but we apparently read something different.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Why exactly are the fight the full powered Destroyer was involved in against the Celestials even taken into consideration? This is Odin with the Odin Sword and Gungnir, not the fully charged Destroyer (as far as I read the opening post).

If anything the best gauge would be when Odin beat the crap out of Thor with the Destroyer armor and the Odin Sword. That is the Odin I imagined when I read the opening post, but we apparently read something different. I take it as Odin from Thor 300.

galactusischere
They actually all ganged up on him and defeated him after reforming limbs. You act as if you haven't even read it.

Did this just happen recently or are we talking about the battle that happened a while ago? Cause I remember Odin destroying a celestial's arm but that celestial instantly regenerated his limbs.

He never gave them a fight as far as I remember.

Utrigita
I take it as Odin from Thor 300.

Problem is that it wasn't Odin alone in the destroyer at that point of time but the rest of Asgard as well (bar Thor), which isn't, as I read the opening post, what should be discussed.

Uatu76
Wasn't the destroyer in Thor 300 empowered by multiple pantheons minus Thor? That isn't the same as the destroyer described here.

quanchi112
Did this just happen recently or are we talking about the battle that happened a while ago? Cause I remember Odin destroying a celestial's arm but that celestial instantly regenerated his limbs.

He never gave them a fight as far as I remember. They weren't threatened but this was because it was an overwhelming group which attacked him from all sides. They also are more powerful and can reform.

Problem is that it wasn't Odin alone in the destroyer at that point of time but the rest of Asgard as well (bar Thor), which isn't, as I read the opening post, what should be discussed. The threadstarter will have to clarify this issue.

If it is issue 300 who do you give it to?

The Nuul
Galactus stomps.

SoulDevourer
So based on the one incident

This if I understand correctly:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/secretwars00109ae5.jpg

you conclude that Galactus was incapable of damaging Ultrons armor? yup

think about it: wut G did (energy drain) aint that big deal. it dont even take herald lvl to do that, u get METAs who coud do same thing to Ultron. lol

so if Galactus rilly wanted show his power what woud he do? he would of grabbed Ultron & crush it in his fist like an egg. or maybe he would of use energy blast. u know, use raw force...physical, energy w/e

but he dint...cos HE CANT

so he had to use energy drain trick to defeat it. thats the ONLY way Galactus can defeat Ultron

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
Galactus stomps. Against issue 300 Odin?

galactusischere
why would Galactus want to show off in front of "insects"? he hungered so he fed.

SoulDevourer
dr Doom with power of Galactus easily defeat Odin (with "minimum energy blast" that was his words erm)

SoulDevourer
why would Galactus want to show off in front of "insects"? he hungered so he fed. hm maybe u gotta point

but this a robot not a planet. u think he got alot out of it? thats like an elephant eating 1 peanut lol

he would wanna show of BECAUSE their insects: show them how their weak. i mean if he crush Ultrons armor or vaporize it with a blast that be one of the best power showin ever

Utrigita
The threadstarter will have to clarify this issue.

If it is issue 300 who do you give it to?

I don't see any reason to get anything clarified, it's pretty obvious that the destroyer from the encounter with the Celestials wasn't intenteded as I read the opening post, why? It referes to Odin in full gear not the Destroyer at full power that can not, from my point of view, be viewed as the same.

What level is Galactus operating on?

quanchi112
I don't see any reason to get anything clarified, it's pretty obvious that the destroyer from the encounter with the Celestials wasn't intenteded as I read the opening post, why? It referes to Odin in full gear not the Destroyer at full power that can not, from my point of view, be viewed as the same.

What level is Galactus operating on? I disagree, but it really depends on the threadstarter.

Well fed I would imagine.

Utrigita
yup

think about it: wut G did (energy drain) aint that big deal. it dont even take herald lvl to do that, u get METAs who coud do same thing to Ultron. lol

so if Galactus rilly wanted show his power what woud he do? he would of grabbed Ultron & crush it in his fist like an egg. or maybe he would of use energy blast. u know, use raw force...physical, energy w/e

but he dint...cos HE CANT

so he had to use energy drain trick to defeat it. thats the ONLY way Galactus can defeat Ultron

No it wasn't a impressive feat to drain out the power from Ultron I agree since everyone with a decent energy manipulation can do it, which kinda makes me wonder why you think Galactus would waste energy on destroying Ultron when draining his powercore is that much quicker.

Why do you think Galactus would in any way feel a need to show his power for the Villians since Galactus regards them as insects? It's you that thinks he should have done it in order to show his power, neglecting that the Villians was just as terrified by Galactus snuffing out Ultron "like a candle"

All in all I think you are stretching the case beyond what can be argued for.

Utrigita
I disagree, but it really depends on the threadstarter.

Well fed I would imagine.

Out of curiosity, do you think Destroyer at full power everytime you see fully geared Odin?

He wins.

JakeTheBank
Galactus 9/10

quanchi112
Out of curiosity, do you think Destroyer at full power everytime you see fully geared Odin?

He wins. I feel starscream meant odin frm issue 300 when I read the thread.

How does Galactus win?

SoulDevourer

Why do you think Galactus would in any way feel a need to show his power for the Villians since Galactus regards them as insects? It's you that thinks he should have done it in order to show his power, neglecting that the Villians was just as terrified by Galactus snuffing out Ultron "like a candle"

All in all I think you are stretching the case beyond what can be argued for. i dunno...i jus think it be more Galactus-style. like stomping on a bug instead of using Baygon spray lol

u think big G could of done it if he wanted to? (crush Ultron in his fist (the real Ultron i mean not the clones))
he aint got real physical strenght showings AFAIK

K Von Doom
IMHO the Celestials attacked the Destroyer and Uni Mind en masse because their experiments were about to be disrupted, not because the Celestial's lives were threatened

Utrigita
I feel starscream meant odin when i read the thread.

How does Galactus win?

Then he doesn't mean the full powered Destroyer from thor 300 unless you would argue they are the same which from my point of view isn't correct, but Starscream is ofcause, since it's his thread, more then welcome to specify what he meant, but as it stands atm I can't see how you can argue for it being full powered Destroyer.

The same way the Celestials won. Blasting him sufficiantly works in the end. Do I think Galactus can keep taking the punishment? Well he has taken as much as the Destroyer showed it could dish out. (not sure what exactly would happen if the Odin Sword hits him though)

quanchi112
Then he doesn't mean the full powered Destroyer from thor 300 unless you would argue they are the same which from my point of view isn't correct, but Starscream is ofcause, since it's his thread, more then welcome to specify what he meant, but as it stands atm I can't see how you can argue for it being full powered Destroyer.

The same way the Celestials won. Blasting him sufficiantly works in the end. Do I think Galactus can keep taking the punishment? Well he has taken as much as the Destroyer showed it could dish out. (not sure what exactly would happen if the Odin Sword hits him though) I don't think he read it either way. I think he implied Odin when he faced off against the Celestials here.

Can Galactus reform like the Celestials have?

More than one celestial took on Odin so acting like a group's efforts against one character is equal to Galactus is flawed logic.

Utrigita
i dunno...i jus think it be more Galactus-style. like stomping on a bug instead of using Baygon spray lol

u think big G could of done it if he wanted to? (crush Ultron in his fist (the real Ultron i mean not the clones))
he aint got real physical strenght showings AFAIK

It's not Galactus style to kill/destroy whatever gets infront of him unless it manages to really, really annoy him. He just as often preferes to lock or disable people and then devour the world and then move on. There is multiple examples of this, it's very rare that he, like you suggest, smush what is infront of him.

Throwing IB through a planet isn't a strength feat? but that is beside the point that his heralds can amp their strength as they see fit, Galactus can imo do the same. Hulk has showed iirc that he was capable of damaging adamantium. Galactus can amp himself significantly above Hulks level imo.

Utrigita
I don't think he read it either way. I think he implied Odin when he faced off against the Celestials here.

Can Galactus reform like the Celestials have?

More than one celestial took on Odin so acting like a group's efforts against one character is equal to Galactus is flawed logic.

That isn't what the opening post suggest though.

I recall a incident where he reanimated himself from total destruction, so I would think so.

Two Celestials managed to wound and bring down the Destroyer by themselves, true it was a combined effort that in the end finished off the Destroyer, but two Celestials was really enough. They could have kept blasting away.
Do I personally think that Galactus can output enough to match atleast one Celestial (which also damaged the Destroyer) yes. Do Galactus based on his well fed showings have Durability equal to that of the Celestials in that encounter? Yes. Hence my reason that I believe that Galactus in the long run will be capable of damaging and in the end destroying the Destroyer, sure it'll be a long tough and nasty battle, lots of energy bolts flying around, lots of transmuting, reality warping, teleporting, telekinese, disintegrations beams etc (you know as a real cosmic battle should be like), but the result will imo be the same as if we threw the Destroyer against a single Celestial.

quanchi112
That isn't what the opening post suggest though.

I recall a incident where he reanimated himself from total destruction, so I would think so.

Two Celestials managed to wound and bring down the Destroyer by themselves, true it was a combined effort that in the end finished off the Destroyer, but two Celestials was really enough. They could have kept blasting away.
Do I personally think that Galactus can output enough to match atleast one Celestial (which also damaged the Destroyer) yes. Do Galactus based on his well fed showings have Durability equal to that of the Celestials in that encounter? Yes. Hence my reason that I believe that Galactus in the long run will be capable of damaging and in the end destroying the Destroyer, sure it'll be a long tough and nasty battle, lots of energy bolts flying around, lots of transmuting, reality warping, teleporting, telekinese, disintegrations beams etc (you know as a real cosmic battle should be like), but the result will imo be the same as if we threw the Destroyer against a single Celestial. Galactus has been taken out by T and A. Right there comparing Odin's showing against the entire 4th host makes this loss look pretty pathetic in comparison.

Ok, even if his durability is similar he is still losing some limbs. how does he counter this?

nicamarvin
From which the Celestial instantly regenerated. Galactus Durability<<<Celestial Durability.... evil face

quanchi112
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Galactus Durability<<<Celestial Durability.... evil face To my knowledge Galactus can't reform limbs like the Celestials can so I don't see how people try to nitpick this here.

galactusischere
Why can't he? He is the very power of the cosmoes. He can reform his tech with absolute ease.

and Galactus wasn't exactly fed when big T&A ambushed him

quanchi112
Why can't he? He is the very power of the cosmoes. He can reform his tech with absolute ease.

and Galactus wasn't exactly fed when big T&A ambushed him That's not exactly the same thing. If this were as easy as you think why didn't he reform or heal himself up against dp Tyrant?

Mindset
Galactus wanted to be captured in Annihilation so Thanos could be killed by Drax, Quan.

Utrigita
Galactus has been taken out by T and A. Right there comparing Odin's showing against the entire 4th host makes this loss look pretty pathetic in comparison.

Ok, even if his durability is similar he is still losing some limbs. how does he counter this?

And the point with that piece of information is...? The only problem you have Quanchi is that the Destroyer never fought the combined might of the 4th host, sure they oneshotted it at the end, but the battle leading up to that ending was done by, as I view the scans, two Celestials attacking it and they where damaging it, while the only thing that the Destroyer could utilize with effect was the Odin Sword, that Arishem melted like a piece of junk in the end. I can also tell that we doesn't have the same view on how dangerous/powerful Tenebrous and Aegis actually is.

Beside the fact that he is basically energy... the same way as already mentioned. Since he is capable of basically willing his body together after destruction, I honestly can't imagine having a arm cut of is going to ruin his day. But ofcause it depends on what you see Galactus as, a being of flesh and blood or, like myself, a semi abstrabt being with no real physical form.

quanchi112
Galactus wanted to be captured in Annihilation so Thanos could be killed by Drax, Quan. Thanos wanted to be near death and realized this was all in the best interest for everyone. Drax' self esteem suffered for years being the failure he is. Thanos knew the only way drax could beat him was to turn his back and let him do so.

And the point with that piece of information is...? The only problem you have Quanchi is that the Destroyer never fought the combined might of the 4th host, sure they oneshotted it at the end, but the battle leading up to that ending was done by, as I view the scans, two Celestials attacking it and they where damaging it, while the only thing that the Destroyer could utilize with effect was the Odin Sword, that Arishem melted like a piece of junk in the end. I can also tell that we doesn't have the same view on how dangerous/powerful Tenebrous and Aegis actually is.

Beside the fact that he is basically energy... the same way as already mentioned. Since he is capable of basically willing his body together after destruction, I honestly can't imagine having a arm cut of is going to ruin his day. But ofcause it depends on what you see Galactus as, a being of flesh and blood or, like myself, a semi abstrabt being with no real physical form. They didn't oneshot it by any means. It took combined blasts at the end to slag it. if Three characters attack you from all sides that's not a oneshot anyways.

Tyrant shure had him dead to rights when he started bleeding. Pretending Galactus can reform like a celestial isn't the same thing as him actually showing the ability to do so.

DarkOdin

Beside the fact that he is basically energy... the same way as already mentioned. Since he is capable of basically willing his body together after destruction, I honestly can't imagine having a arm cut of is going to ruin his day. But ofcause it depends on what you see Galactus as, a being of flesh and blood or, like myself, a semi abstrabt being with no real physical form.

The destroyer was able to defend itself from just 1 celestrial the Odinsword and the Odinfroce blast"i think it was not the visor hit" was able to match the celestrial blast and it was able to fight a 3rd celestrial while 2 others were blasting it. Iam not saying the destoryer would win agaisnt a single celestrial or against a well fed galactus but it would be walk in the park like some people make it too be. a weaken Galactus has been harmed by high herald before. So the destroyer at this point was way over the skyfather range and should be able to give galactus a hard fight for Big g to gain a win.

I see what you mean about Odin wearing the armor instead of the odin destroyer i was leaning toard the odin destroyer due to the fact that odin just wearing the armor would be a huge mismatch but then again OP is well ...... enough said

Mindset
but then again OP is well ...... enough said A genius?

Utrigita
They didn't oneshot it by any means. It took combined blasts at the end to slag it. if Three characters attack you from all sides that's not a oneshot anyways.

Tyrant shure had him dead to rights when he started bleeding. Pretending Galactus can reform like a celestial isn't the same thing as him actually showing the ability to do so.

My point more is that you are trying to make Odin's attack on the fourth Celestial host look like it was a great archivement, while all the writer from my point of view really wanted to point out is that Odin with all his preparation, power etc was powerless against the Celestials. They could most likely have destroyed the destroyer the moment it arrived if Arishem hadn't wished to analyse it. As things stand, from my perspective, we have the Destroyer getting damaged and immobilised by 2 Celestials, can Galactus duplicate that effect? imo yes, iyo no. The end.

And Reeds device had him leaking energy when Vision attached a drill of some kind. (gotta hate Reeds devices at times) I'm not pretending that Galactus can reform, he has done so in Infinity War part 4 iirc.

quanchi112
My point more is that you are trying to make Odin's attack on the fourth Celestial host look like it was a great archivement, while all the writer from my point of view really wanted to point out is that Odin with all his preparation, power etc was powerless against the Celestials. They could most likely have destroyed the destroyer the moment it arrived if Arishem hadn't wished to analyse it. As things stand, from my perspective, we have the Destroyer getting damaged and immobilised by 2 Celestials, can Galactus duplicate that effect? imo yes, iyo no. The end.

And Reeds device had him leaking energy when Vision attached a drill of some kind. (gotta hate Reeds devices at times) I'm not pretending that Galactus can reform, he has done so in Infinity War part 4 iirc. Yes, due to their abuilities such as reforming. He was also taking on the entire host which is completely different than taking on Galactus.

You already admitted Galactus' durability is comparable so Galactus is losing limbs here. He won't be getting blasted from all sides.

He has also been injured by far less(godblast, tyrant attacks), etc.

Mindset
Godblast injured a celestial too.

Also, wasn't Galactus hungry?

quanchi112
Godblast injured a celestial too.

Also, wasn't Galactus hungry? Which really didn't even phase the Celestial. It was inside his brain so to speak as well and was so powerful it destroyed his reinforced hammer. Galactus went off fearful for his life.

Yes. See Tyrant example.

galactusischere
That was Galactus' 4th/5th appearence I think. Galactus at the time was still skyfather/elder god level being. and he was extremely weak and exhausted at that.

quanchi112
That was Galactus' 4th/5th appearence I think. Galactus at the time was still skyfather/elder god level being. and he was extremely weak and exhausted at that. See Tenebrous and Aegis example or the tyrant example. These threats paled in comparison to the 4th host of the celestials.

Utrigita
The destroyer was able to defend itself from just 1 celestrial the Odinsword and the Odinfroce blast"i think it was not the visor hit" was able to match the celestrial blast and it was able to fight a 3rd celestrial while 2 others were blasting it. Iam not saying the destoryer would win agaisnt a single celestrial or against a well fed galactus but it would be walk in the park like some people make it too be. a weaken Galactus has been harmed by high herald before. So the destroyer at this point was way over the skyfather range and should be able to give galactus a hard fight for Big g to gain a win.

I see what you mean about Odin wearing the armor instead of the odin destroyer i was leaning toard the odin destroyer due to the fact that odin just wearing the armor would be a huge mismatch but then again OP is well ...... enough said

We have slightly different memory on what happened then. As I recall it first the Celestials blast the unimind, it's down then the Destroyer cuts of a arm, that regrows, while the arm regrows, the destroyer fires it Disintegration Blast which gets deflected, it then gets thrown back by the assault from two Celestials, and I recall the comment "Forced to fight as a wounded beast" or something like that. That was from two energy blasts. It then deflects two other energy blasts with it's sword, and Ziran graps the arm, and again the destroyer receives two blasts (possibly three can't recall), and it's down. This is as I remember the battle so all in all it received around 5 blasts and was down? It's not that it isn't impressive what it accomplished, I'm just finding it hard to believe with this memory that Galactus is incapable of firing 4-5 energy blast in relative rapid session. With that said I agree completely with you DarkOdin, the fight isn't going to be a walk in the park (I like working in 1 fight if possible) but I just without even taking in alternate reality find it to say the least difficult for the Destroyer to win. Especially since this in a non jobbing scenario.

Glad to know that I isn't alone, and agreed the other would be a huge mismatch. My Fanboy side tells me this is too stick out tongue

Mindset
Which really didn't even phase the Celestial. It was inside his brain so to speak as well and was so powerful it destroyed his reinforced hammer. Galactus went off fearful for his life.

Yes. See Tyrant example. It really didn't hurt Galactus iirc, it just drove him off.

But I'm not gonna go looking for the scan, so you'll just have to believe me.

Seeing as I am your favorite poster, I'm sure you will.

quanchi112
It really didn't hurt Galactus iirc, it just drove him off.

But I'm not gonna go looking for the scan, so you'll just have to believe me.

Seeing as I am your favorite poster, I'm sure you will. He feared he was going to lose his life. Thor hurt Galactus with a hammer blow so saying the godblast didn't hurt him is asinine.

Utrigita
Yes, due to their abuilities such as reforming. He was also taking on the entire host which is completely different than taking on Galactus.

You already admitted Galactus' durability is comparable so Galactus is losing limbs here. He won't be getting blasted from all sides.

He has also been injured by far less(godblast, tyrant attacks), etc.

You do realise that the Celestials could just have kept their distance with well teleportation? I agree that there is a great difference on taking on Galactus and the fourth Host, the difference also is that Galactus will probably try and avoid the sword unlike the celestials, knowing what it can do (basic rules of knowlegde on opponent) and could imo like Ziran forcefully remove it, or melt it like Arishem did if he gets a hold on it.

I haven't denied that he would have I? I have however also mentioned a comic in which Galactus reformed himself from total destruction.

To claim that the destroyer was blasted from all sides is iirc a gross exaggeration seen as it before it was reduced to slag only toke one hit in the back iirc. The rest was direct on the torso from the front.

And have taken far more. (planetary collosions while weak, combined attack from 5 CCU, Supernova, hammerblow while flying delivered from from BRB, both the hammer blow and flying the hammer was shown shattering a planet earlier in the run and it pressed back a blast from Galactus all combined gave him a small crack, roughly the same result as Thor had against Exitar if memory serves) etc

quanchi112
You do realise that the Celestials could just have kept their distance with well teleportation? I agree that there is a great difference on taking on Galactus and the fourth Host, the difference also is that Galactus will probably try and avoid the sword unlike the celestials, knowing what it can do (basic rules of knowlegde on opponent) and could imo like Ziran forcefully remove it, or melt it like Arishem did if he gets a hold on it.

I haven't denied that he would have I? I have however also mentioned a comic in which Galactus reformed himself from total destruction.

To claim that the destroyer was blasted from all sides is iirc a gross exaggeration seen as it before it was reduced to slag only toke one hit in the back iirc. The rest was direct on the torso from the front.

And have taken far more. (planetary collosions while weak, combined attack from 5 CCU, Supernova, hammerblow while flying delivered from from BRB, both the hammer blow and flying the hammer was shown shattering a planet earlier in the run and it pressed back a blast from Galactus all combined gave him a small crack, roughly the same result as Thor had against Exitar if memory serves) etc Galactus gets hit all the time. Acting like he could avoid Odin when he's been blasted hit by the Surfer, Tyrant, Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis, etc. is what you want to believe but it's not in character.

Thor had the belt of strength on if memory serves me correct when he breached into his cranium. Exitar let him because his power level is so above Thor it's not like he could seriously jeopardize their experiments.

Thor hurt Galactus with one blow before, a hammer strike.

The Celestials were all around Odin which makes this scenario completely different.

Utrigita
He feared he was going to lose his life. Thor hurt Galactus with a hammer blow so saying the godblast didn't hurt him is asinine.

The Galactus that had to rely on tech to utilize his attacks against Ego? Quick question: When have you last seen Galactus needing tech in order to attack a foe of his own calibre? Not very recently I believe, but I could be wrong.

The point of this? Merely to show that we, at that point of time, in 1967 was dealing with a Galactus that was badly defined, that was his as mentioned fourth showing I believe. Should I continue to gauge a persons performance against a given source based on his fourth showing, where he was also weak? That seems very strange, to me atleast.

quanchi112
The Galactus that had to rely on tech to utilize his attacks against Ego? Quick question: When have you last seen Galactus needing tech in order to attack a foe of his own calibre? Not very recently I believe, but I could be wrong.

The point of this? Merely to show that we, at that point of time, in 1967 was dealing with a Galactus that was badly defined, that was his as mentioned fourth showing I believe. Should I continue to gauge a persons performance against a given source based on his fourth showing, where he was also weak? That seems very strange, to me atleast. What?

Showings vary from writer to writer.

it's still a legitimate showing and I have provided other examples where he wasn't hungry.

My point is when Odin cuts him limbs are coming off.

Odin wins this thread.

Utrigita
Galactus gets hit all the time. Acting like he could avoid Odin when he's been blasted hit by the Surfer, Tyrant, Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis, etc. is what you want to believe but it's not in character.

Thor had the belt of strength on if memory serves me correct when he breached into his cranium. Exitar let him because his power level is so above Thor it's not like he could seriously jeopardize their experiments.

Thor hurt Galactus with one blow before, a hammer strike.

The Celestials were all around Odin which makes this scenario completely different.

Lets see, Surfer blasts no damage at all, Tyrant blasts no damage at all, Thanos only enraged and very close up, Tenebrous and Aegis fired energy blasts. What you are forgetting Quanchi is that the majority of those examples utilizes energy blast against Galactus and that most of them have little effect and Galactus knows it. the Destroyers way of fighting isn't exactly with Energy Blasts but with it's sword. Now Galactus has shown that he can dodge the blasts from a distance so I'm confident that he won't be interested in getting hit by a sword (and the destroyer still have to get close) that he knows can cut of his limbs, because regeneration/reforming them while take away energy.

Yet the blow was said to be capable of breaking a planet iirc, so basically half of the damage that BRB's in theory should produce when hitting Galactus and it's still sufficiant, because either way it's still enough since the Destroyer never punched with more power then that which can destroy a planet and Galactus can take that.

He made him momentarily feel pain that was it. You feel pain momentarily pain too when a mosquito sting you.

Which in no way change the circumstances concerning the fight that the Destroyer had with the Celestial seeing as they was constantly (except maybe once) blasting him from the front, so he could see their attacks coming towards him, he also dodge one and deflected two others iirc, so while they had him surrounded they didn't use it against him.

quanchi112
Lets see, Surfer blasts no damage at all, Tyrant blasts no damage at all, Thanos only enraged and very close up, Tenebrous and Aegis fired energy blasts. What you are forgetting Quanchi is that the majority of those examples utilizes energy blast against Galactus and that most of them have little effect and Galactus knows it. the Destroyers way of fighting isn't exactly with Energy Blasts but with it's sword. Now Galactus has shown that he can dodge the blasts from a distance so I'm confident that he won't be interested in getting hit by a sword (and the destroyer still have to get close) that he knows can cut of his limbs, because regeneration/reforming them while take away energy.

Yet the blow was said to be capable of breaking a planet iirc, so basically half of the damage that BRB's in theory should produce when hitting Galactus and it's still sufficiant, because either way it's still enough since the Destroyer never punched with more power then that which can destroy a planet and Galactus can take that.

He made him momentarily feel pain that was it. You feel pain momentarily pain too when a mosquito sting you.

Which in no way change the circumstances concerning the fight that the Destroyer had with the Celestial seeing as they was constantly (except maybe once) blasting him from the front, so he could see their attacks coming towards him, he also dodge one and deflected two others iirc, so while they had him surrounded they didn't use it against him. Tyrant scraped Galactus' face. he also didn't seem to know that tyrant could absorb the bse energy he used to power himself up for the fight.

Your example of comparing BrB's hammer shot to Odin inside the destroyer armor is so off I don't know where to begin. Odin's shown power capable of destroying galaxies, oneshotting the Surfer, etc. yet you compare him in the destroyer armor to a planet shattering strike by BrB.

Wow.

No, I feel a slight itch. galactus hadn't felt pain in a long time when Thor struck him. Big difference.

4th host of the Celestials are more powerful than Galactus and outnumber him. Odin has the power or the ability to sever G limbs. He's done for here.

Utrigita
What?

Showings vary from writer to writer.

it's still a legitimate showing and I have provided other examples where he wasn't hungry.

My point is when Odin cuts him limbs are coming off.

Odin wins this thread.

Have you aside from that one incident seen Galactus needing technology in order to damage a foe of his own caliber in combat? Fairly simple question imo. I personally haven't.

True, however the majority of those low showings gets blown from here and to the moon when we enter a forum match.

I'm not questioning the legality of the showing, but rather how much it can actually be used anymore. Characters progress I'm not using the SS, Thor or Odin from 1967 when I gauge a fight because new showings have made the older showings well outdated. The Tyrant one? Yeah that is about it isn't it? And what amount of damage did Tyrants energy blast do? Yes correct nothing.

And again completely forgetting Infinity War 4 where Galactus reformed, not that I really care but just interesting that you keep forgetting it.

Not imo.

quanchi112
Have you aside from that one incident seen Galactus needing technology in order to damage a foe of his own caliber in combat? Fairly simple question imo. I personally haven't.

True, however the majority of those low showings gets blown from here and to the moon when we enter a forum match.

I'm not questioning the legality of the showing, but rather how much it can actually be used anymore. Characters progress I'm not using the SS, Thor or Odin from 1967 when I gauge a fight because new showings have made the older showings well outdated. The Tyrant one? Yeah that is about it isn't it? And what amount of damage did Tyrants energy blast do? Yes correct nothing.

And again completely forgetting Infinity War 4 where Galactus reformed, not that I really care but just interesting that you keep forgetting it.

Not imo. Not that I can recall. What's your point?

Ok.

Tyrant isn't as powerful as Galactus so of course he was going to have to chip away at him.

When did he reform in issue 4? what am I forgetting?

You haven't given a good enough reason for why Galactus wins.

Utrigita
Tyrant scraped Galactus' face. he also didn't seem to know that tyrant could absorb the bse energy he used to power himself up for the fight.

Your example of comparing BrB's hammer shot to Odin inside the destroyer armor is so off I don't know where to begin. Odin's shown power capable of destroying galaxies, oneshotting the Surfer, etc. yet you compare him in the destroyer armor to a planet shattering strike by BrB.

Wow.

No, I feel a slight itch. galactus hadn't felt pain in a long time when Thor struck him. Big difference.

4th host of the Celestials are more powerful than Galactus and outnumber him. Odin has the power or the ability to sever G limbs. He's done for here.

Doesn't change that Tyrants own energy blasts did absolutely no form of prolonged Damage towards Galactus. And as previously mentioned based on how you perceive Galactus as a Physical or Semi Abstract, you either look at it as PIS or fact.

I'm not pulling that out of my hat, the Destroyer blows against a Celestial was said to destroy a planet. If you don't believe me, not my problem, read the scan.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6721/thor30028bf0.jpg

Yet he momentarily feels pain. Oxford kindly labels that as a Instant, which is basically nothing.

I'm not questioning whether or not the fourth Host combined power is above that of Galactus own unless certain rules are invoked. What you from my point of view have entirely failed to take into the equation concerning the battle so far is. 1: The destroyer needs to get close to begin his chopping. 2: The Celestials energy blasts was knocking him back 3: The Celestial basically used around 4-5 blast to bring down the Destroyer 4. Outnumbering played no real part since the Celestials didn't take advantage of it. 5: Galactus can (again) reform his entire body through Will alone, what exactly are you reason for constantly neglecting that?

Utrigita
Not that I can recall. What's your point?

Ok.

Tyrant isn't as powerful as Galactus so of course he was going to have to chip away at him.

When did he reform in issue 4? what am I forgetting?

You haven't given a good enough reason for why Galactus wins.

My point is that we are either dealing with a character that was very badly defined, or my personal view, a very very very weak Galactus since he had to rely on that technology in order to attack.

Which is what I personally call, bad writing.

I don't recall the circumstances of him being destroyed, only Death arriving to true and halt Galactus from reforming which failed.

And you haven't given a single reason for the Destroyer to win beyond the chopping, which I honestly doesn't think is going to work. What do would you like to see in order for Galactus to win? Blasts at the same level as those of the Celestials? Can't give you any because the Celestials have never really used it on anything beside the Destroyer and each other so nothing to compare it too in 616.

quanchi112
Doesn't change that Tyrants own energy blasts did absolutely no form of prolonged Damage towards Galactus. And as previously mentioned based on how you perceive Galactus as a Physical or Semi Abstract, you either look at it as PIS or fact.

I'm not pulling that out of my hat, the Destroyer blows against a Celestial was said to destroy a planet. If you don't believe me, not my problem, read the scan.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6721/thor30028bf0.jpg

Yet he momentarily feels pain. Oxford kindly labels that as a Instant, which is basically nothing.

I'm not questioning whether or not the fourth Host combined power is above that of Galactus own unless certain rules are invoked. What you from my point of view have entirely failed to take into the equation concerning the battle so far is. 1: The destroyer needs to get close to begin his chopping. 2: The Celestials energy blasts was knocking him back 3: The Celestial basically used around 4-5 blast to bring down the Destroyer 4. Outnumbering played no real part since the Celestials didn't take advantage of it. 5: Galactus can (again) reform his entire body through Will alone, what exactly are you reason for constantly neglecting that? I tend to look at it as fact.

Do you honestly think the amped destroyer's attacks were comparable to planet destroying attacks alone? Seriously?

I see no reason why/how Galactus could beat him before Odin can close the gap. I also see blasts from odin rocking Galactus as well.

Odin also managed to cleave a celestial and he was facing multiple opponents.

Celestials are more powerful than Galactus anyways.

Galactus didn't do so against tyrant, Thor, at the end of galactus the devourer, against T and A. you are trying to make him into some unstoappable juggernaut.

Odin wins based on his power,durability, his sword.

quanchi112
My point is that we are either dealing with a character that was very badly defined, or my personal view, a very very very weak Galactus since he had to rely on that technology in order to attack.

Which is what I personally call, bad writing.

I don't recall the circumstances of him being destroyed, only Death arriving to true and halt Galactus from reforming which failed.

And you haven't given a single reason for the Destroyer to win beyond the chopping, which I honestly doesn't think is going to work. What do would you like to see in order for Galactus to win? Blasts at the same level as those of the Celestials? Can't give you any because the Celestials have never really used it on anything beside the Destroyer and each other so nothing to compare it too in 616. He wasn't that weak. You are exaggerating.

Of course you would you're a huge fan of Galactus.

So he didn't reform or he did?

You said it worked against the Celestials and would prove effective against Galactus. he's been hurt by far less.

Utrigita
I tend to look at it as fact.

Do you honestly think the amped destroyer's attacks were comparable to planet destroying attacks alone? Seriously?

I see no reason why/how Galactus could beat him before Odin can close the gap. I also see blasts from odin rocking Galactus as well.

Galactus didn't do so against tyrant, Thor, at the end of galactus the devourer, against T and A. you are trying to make him into some unstoappable juggernaut.

That is your opinion then.

That isn't my opinion that is what the scan clearly points out, if you are going to disagree with the scan simply because it furthers you own ends be my guest. Ultimately not my problem, because as things are we only have one incident with the full powered Destroyer from which to gauge it's power, and I'm not going to neglect what was shown in that encounter, concerning the destroyer, simply because you don't like it.

I didn't see a single blast from the Destroyer hitting a Celestial so can't be sure on how big a impact the blast will have on Galactus but, yes will probably rock him to, if he doesn't dodge it. Either way the greater the distance the greater problems for the Destroyer.

Because the opponent didn't move a single muscle but was just standing there looking at him, he didn't dodge or in any way tried to avoid the destroyers slash. Galactus imo will.

Again your opinion, I disagree.

Hardly, If I was trying to make him into that I would try much much harder have no worries, it would be something like a mental attack on the Destroyer while summoning in meteors to rain down apon the destroyer while blasting it with energy blasts while making black holes around it and sucking the lifeforce from the souls inside into him laughing out loud As I have mentioned already in this thread I see this battle as a bloody hard one for Galactus and the Destroyer I don't in any way see it to be as simple as a few slashes is what is going to determind the outcome of this fight.

Durability 4-5 attacks and it's down... power unknown, strength known and not pretty.

quanchi112
That is your opinion then.

That isn't my opinion that is what the scan clearly points out, if you are going to disagree with the scan simply because it furthers you own ends be my guest. Ultimately not my problem, because as things are we only have one incident with the full powered Destroyer from which to gauge it's power, and I'm not going to neglect what was shown in that encounter, concerning the destroyer, simply because you don't like it.

I didn't see a single blast from the Destroyer hitting a Celestial so can't be sure on how big a impact the blast will have on Galactus but, yes will probably rock him to, if he doesn't dodge it. Either way the greater the distance the greater problems for the Destroyer.

Because the opponent didn't move a single muscle but was just standing there looking at him, he didn't dodge or in any way tried to avoid the destroyers slash. Galactus imo will.

Again your opinion, I disagree.

Hardly, If I was trying to make him into that I would try much much harder have no worries, it would be something like a mental attack on the Destroyer while summoning in meteors to rain down apon the destroyer while blasting it with energy blasts while making black holes around it and sucking the lifeforce from the souls inside into him laughing out loud As I have mentioned already in this thread I see this battle as a bloody hard one for Galactus and the Destroyer I don't in any way see it to be as simple as a few slashes is what is going to determind the outcome of this fight.

Durability 4-5 attacks and it's down... power unknown, strength known and not pretty. It's common sense though. we have seen the writer of King Thor further expand he wasn't at galaxy busting levels but moreso a planet destroyer. Does this mean Gldiator can behead a desak powered destroyer?

LOL at you even entertaining the thought of galactus dodging a blast.

Based on which showings? Back your case up with examples not wishful thinking.

It was put down by the Celestials whose power exceeds that of Galactus.

I see this as being brutal but the odinsword spelling disaster for Galactus.

Utrigita
He wasn't that weak. You are exaggerating.

Of course you would you're a huge fan of Galactus.

So he didn't reform or he did?

You said it worked against the Celestials and would prove effective against Galactus. he's been hurt by far less.

As I mentioned that was a personal view of mine, which is the only logical way apart from the other one, why Galactus would rely on technology to fight his battle for him.

I consider myself a fan that knows when my Galactus will win easy, medium or hard or loss same way around, This battle I see Galactus winning after a hard fight. It's as simple as that.

He did reform.

Yes I did, now ask yourself how many times the Celestials was hit after they had seen the Odinsword in action, none. If Galactus knows (which I based on the basic rules on a versus would say he does) that the sword is going to cut of his limbs, he isn't going to stand there like the Celestial and let himself be struck by it, unless a recent showing portrays him as outright retarded, he will do his best to avoid or destroy it as quickly as possible but that is my opinion on the fight.

quanchi112
As I mentioned that was a personal view of mine, which is the only logical way apart from the other one, why Galactus would rely on technology to fight his battle for him.

I consider myself a fan that knows when my Galactus will win easy, medium or hard or loss same way around, This battle I see Galactus winning after a hard fight. It's as simple as that.

He did reform.

Yes I did, now ask yourself how many times the Celestials was hit after they had seen the Odinsword in action, none. If Galactus knows (which I based on the basic rules on a versus would say he does) that the sword is going to cut of his limbs, he isn't going to stand there like the Celestial and let himself be struck by it, unless a recent showing portrays him as outright retarded, he will do his best to avoid or destroy it as quickly as possible but that is my opinion on the fight. I don't think he would either so I don't see this as changing anything.

Iyo which is off.

His entire body? What happened to the rest of the heroes who were with him?

Galactus doesn't have any knowledge about the odinsword and even if he does how does he avoid it?

Based on what? What is he doing to avoid these attacks?

galactusischere
Galactus would just destroy the galaxy and be done with it. This is like the Superman vs Thanos thread all over again.

Utrigita
It's common sense though. we have seen the writer of King Thor further expand he wasn't at galaxy busting levels but moreso a planet destroyer. Does this mean Gldiator can behead a desak powered destroyer?

LOL at you even entertaining the thought of galactus dodging a blast.

Based on which showings? Back your case up with examples not wishful thinking.

It was put down by the Celestials whose power exceeds that of Galactus.

I see this as being brutal but the odinsword spelling disaster for Galactus.

And the relevance of this information in regards to the combat concerning the Destroyer and the Celestials is?

It would be entertaining if he hadn't already dodged one.

Like you are doing atm Quanchi? Which part of it do you want proven the one dodge scene or more?

It was immobilised by 4-5 shoots Quanchi that was what it toke to down it. I can be large and say that Galactus maybe requires 8-10 to get it down and can then begin to hammer at it until it's dead, but it still don't change the fact that I honestly doesn't see the Destroyer getting close enough to do any real damage with it's sword before it's down.

I disagree.

Utrigita
I don't think he would either so I don't see this as changing anything.

Iyo which is off.

His entire body? What happened to the rest of the heroes who were with him?

Galactus doesn't have any knowledge about the odinsword and even if he does how does he avoid it?

Based on what? What is he doing to avoid these attacks?

What exactly don't you see it change his powerlevel (he was hungry we know that much) or the circumstances the scan represents?

According to your opinion.

He reformed them to.

So we should ignore forum rules then and also assume that the Cosmic awarness is hokus pokus? Teleporting is the most obvious choice as already mentioned. If he can teleport Taa II to any location in the universe then he can move himself too.

The slashes? I see a few ways, the most obvious is to teleport away from the destroyer when it gets in to close, but since you don't think that is in Galactus character, lets ignore that and look at it from a more battle oriented perspective. Galactus have never been afraid to get in and wrestle with his opponents (in h2h though) and have managed that situation quite well, so what I can imagine happen is him trying to get a hold of the arm holding the Odinsword and do what Arishem did and try and melt it, or simply fire a blast straight at the hand so the Destroyer drops it. That I believe would be more in Character for Galactus. *shrug*

Utrigita
to be honest this is a Wheel in a Circus atm, thanks for the debate Quanchi but we might as well accept that neither of us are going to change our opinion. Agree to disagree?

Kasper Gutman
Noooo, this was way too entertaining.

Bouboumaster
Galactus maul him

brownqk
Galactus wins this. And I scoff at the idea that Galactus couldn't regenerate his own limbs when the marvel handbook lists "restructuring molecules" as one of many, many his powers.

King Kandy
Galactus wins this, but it will be one hell of a fight.

Nihilist
Galactus ftw.

Power Cosmic II
I tend to look at it as fact.

If we're talking about the Destroyer armor in #300, with all the Asgardians in it as well as the powers of the other sky-fathers:

- The Destroyer's disintegration beam did absolutely nothing in the entire fight save for rupturing the protective dome the Celestials erected. One of the celestials casually deflected it with his hand. A well-fed Galactus wouldn't be "rocked" at all. Perhaps physically it might propel him some distance, like the Thanos blast, but like the Thanos blast, it will do nothing. If a Celestial can be unharmed by the blast, i find it hard pressed that you're going to argue a well-fed Galactus would be "rocked" by the blast. And if it does physically propel him some distance, then it just continues being a ranged battle that is inevitably and incontrovertibly in Galactus' favor.

- The Destroyer armor in #300 was said to be casually able to withstand a supernova, but yet was completely reduced to metallic slag by the combined forces of the celestials. A super nova is an exploding star that destroys the planetary system it's a part of. Galactus casually was wading around in a star in the process of going super nova in Thanos #3.

1. Galactus was destroying an untold number of galaxies in his well-fed battle against FP Tyrant. A galaxy has billions and billions of stars in it.

2. Annihilation (i.e., severely starved and weakened) Galactus destroyed more than three star systems with his blast. it's generally used in astronomy as 1 star system containing 2 or more solar systems.

All of that output exceeds the comfort zone of the Destroyer.

-Galactus has never had his limbs severed. To my knowledge the only time anything close to that happening was in FF annual, which was an alternate reality's Galactus head, ripped away by Abraxas, no less. Anyway, recalling events in SS against DP Tyrant and the Devourer limited series is irrelevant as it was Galactus' own tech that was siphoning away his very energies. Odin doesn't have that here, and likely wouldn't even understand how to use it even if he did. T & A were no instances of him requiring to use molecular manip on himself so that's also irrelevant, same with Thor. In Infinity War he suffered total disintegration at the hand of the magus' cosmic cubes...that's different from having his own tech used against him (Tyrant and Devourer), or being KO'd (T&A).

-I'm surprised you're going to state that a celestial>Galactus when you just opened yourself wide open to the same question you exploit: when has any single celestial ever defeated someone on Galactus' level?

-The Destroyer vs. 4th host fight was really a joke. It was much more to show how far the sky-fathers were under the celestials, more than to showcase what Odin can do with 1000 years' worth of prep.

If you've ever watched pro wrestling you know that events are dramatic and engage the crowd more when you have a powerful hero face off against a gang of villains. If hulk hogan goes in all hulked up against a group of 7 guys (andre the giant, ultimate warrior, undertaker, etc. etc.) you dont have the villains beat him down into unconsciousness in the opening bell. You have hogan unleash all the trademark moves, then the hero gets finished off relatively quickly. The story showcases the hero, but the villains actually move the story forward by ending the conflict.

No where in the entire contest was any single celestial in any danger whatsoever. It's not so much that it takes the entire 4th host to bring down the destroyer but that the 4th hosts' power is so much greater than the Destroyer's that the 4th host reduces the Destroyer to molten metal. That is undoubtedly a bit overboard. They don't KO the destroyer (which for KMC purposes will win the battle) they actually reduce it to its base component, metal. It's power above and beyond what is necessary to win the battle.

Odin's most potent power (disintegration beam) in the armor did absolutely nothing against any single celestial. Therefore he doesn't have the power to match G here.

Destroyer Odin's durability is far below the damage output a well-fed Galactus (vs. FP Tyrant) can unleash, and arguably well below what a starved Galactus (annihilation) can wreak. Therefore he doesn't have the durability to stand up to G here.

Which brings us to the sword. The sword which Odin brought to existence by using his molecular transmutation with the rhinegold ring. The sword which Arishem allowed himself to be stabbed with, casually took out with his hand, and in turn performed his own molecular transmutation, dissolving the sword into a nonfactor in an instant with the touch of his hand. The same sword which was formed by molecular transmutation, was dissolved into harmless liquid by molecular transmutation, and which will face a character that is easily in the top 5 of the highest tier at molecular transmutation, Galactus.

Yes, the sword isn't going to do much help for Odin.

Originally posted by brownqk
Galactus wins this. And I scoff at the idea that Galactus couldn't regenerate his own limbs when the marvel handbook lists "restructuring molecules" as one of many, many his powers.

thumb up

He already reformed himself from complete disintegration at the hand of the magus' cosmic cubes

Knowsbleed33
As already mentioned, why is the Celestial showing being used here? It wasn't remotely an impressive showing for the Odin. It's not the Celestials fault Odin decided to try and take them all on at once.

janus77
in a forum battle Galactus wins, pretty easily at that.
in comics, Odin/Thor fans will be acknowledged and Galactus will struggle (but ultimately win).

imo, Galactus 10/10 with ease.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
If we're talking about the Destroyer armor in #300, with all the Asgardians in it as well as the powers of the other sky-fathers:

- The Destroyer's disintegration beam did absolutely nothing in the entire fight save for rupturing the protective dome the Celestials erected. One of the celestials casually deflected it with his hand. A well-fed Galactus wouldn't be "rocked" at all. Perhaps physically it might propel him some distance, like the Thanos blast, but like the Thanos blast, it will do nothing. If a Celestial can be unharmed by the blast, i find it hard pressed that you're going to argue a well-fed Galactus would be "rocked" by the blast. And if it does physically propel him some distance, then it just continues being a ranged battle that is inevitably and incontrovertibly in Galactus' favor.

- The Destroyer armor in #300 was said to be casually able to withstand a supernova, but yet was completely reduced to metallic slag by the combined forces of the celestials. A super nova is an exploding star that destroys the planetary system it's a part of. Galactus casually was wading around in a star in the process of going super nova in Thanos #3.

1. Galactus was destroying an untold number of galaxies in his well-fed battle against FP Tyrant. A galaxy has billions and billions of stars in it.

2. Annihilation (i.e., severely starved and weakened) Galactus destroyed more than three star systems with his blast. it's generally used in astronomy as 1 star system containing 2 or more solar systems.

-Galactus has never had his limbs severed. To my knowledge the only time anything close to that happening was in FF annual, which was an alternate reality's Galactus head, ripped away by Abraxas, no less. Anyway, recalling events in SS against DP Tyrant and the Devourer limited series is irrelevant as it was Galactus' own tech that was siphoning away his very energies. Odin doesn't have that here, and likely wouldn't even understand how to use it even if he did. T & A were no instances of him requiring to use molecular manip on himself so that's also irrelevant, same with Thor. In Infinity War he suffered total disintegration at the hand of the magus' cosmic cubes...that's different from having his own tech used against him (Tyrant and Devourer), or being KO'd (T&A).

-I'm surprised you're going to state that a celestial>Galactus when you just opened yourself wide open to the same question you exploit: when has any single celestial ever defeated someone on Galactus' level?

-The Destroyer vs. 4th host fight was really a joke. It was much more to show how far the sky-fathers were under the celestials, more than to showcase what Odin can do with 1000 years' worth of prep.

If you've ever watched pro wrestling you know that events are dramatic and engage the crowd more when you have a powerful hero face off against a gang of villains. If hulk hogan goes in all hulked up against a group of 7 guys (andre the giant, ultimate warrior, undertaker, etc. etc.) you dont have the villains beat him down into unconsciousness in the opening bell. You have hogan unleash all the trademark moves, then the hero gets finished off relatively quickly. The story showcases the hero, but the villains actually move the story forward by ending the conflict.

No where in the entire contest was any single celestial in any danger whatsoever. It's not so much that it takes the entire 4th host to bring down the destroyer but that the 4th hosts' power is so much greater than the Destroyer's that the 4th host reduces the Destroyer to molten metal. That is undoubtedly a bit overboard. They don't KO the destroyer (which for KMC purposes will win the battle) they actually reduce it to its base component, metal. It's power above and beyond what is necessary to win the battle.

Odin's most potent power (disintegration beam) in the armor did absolutely nothing against any single celestial. Therefore he doesn't have the power to match G here.

Destroyer Odin's durability is far below the damage output a well-fed Galactus (vs. FP Tyrant) can unleash, and arguably well below what a starved Galactus (annihilation) can wreak. Therefore he doesn't have the durability to stand up to G here.

Which brings us to the sword. The sword which Odin brought to existence by using his molecular transmutation with the rhinegold ring. The sword which Arishem allowed himself to be stabbed with, casually took out with his hand, and in turn performed his own molecular transmutation, dissolving the sword into a nonfactor in an instant with the touch of his hand. The same sword which was formed by molecular transmutation, was dissolved into harmless liquid by molecular transmutation, and which will face a character that is easily in the top 5 of the highest tier at molecular transmutation, Galactus.

thumb up

He already reformed himself from complete disintegration at the hand of the magus' cosmic cubes

Well first i like to say i don't see them just destroying the sword while Odin' is there.

1 They would of done that the first time we say the sword able to tank a single blast.

2. once odin died they destroyed the sword but since odin was gone so was the odinpower that support the sword. Prime example how mjolnir wouldn't return to Thors hand as odin had dies the enhanctment was gone.

Then i would like to address the odindestorers power level.

It was clear is was far above the skyfather level how far we can't tell from the one showing but it did show it could contend/ hold it own agasin the celestrial the fact that it was still able to battle H2H while 2 others blased away on it.

Know we seeen the celestrials loos against a few beings/battle

1. beyonder Ok bad example as well it was the freakin beyonder but he did show that the celestrial could be KOED

2. thanos with the IG again this doesn't help odin's cause b/c of the level of power of the IG yes Odin' destroyer is no where near.

3. The Battle with the reeds. the reeds showed use that they can be killed 1 was killed by using another world IG ok not helping the cause.

However Reed from-616 used weapons that he made/store that were cable of fighting/killin a celetrials which they did. Odin destroyer is a huge amp and should be able to get a win or 2 against a standard celetrial and given Galactus power levels up and down he should be able to sneak a win or two. eespcially on how "weak" Post A-wave Galactus is due to having alomust all of his power drained

quanchi112
And the relevance of this information in regards to the combat concerning the Destroyer and the Celestials is?

It would be entertaining if he hadn't already dodged one.

Like you are doing atm Quanchi? Which part of it do you want proven the one dodge scene or more?

It was immobilised by 4-5 shoots Quanchi that was what it toke to down it. I can be large and say that Galactus maybe requires 8-10 to get it down and can then begin to hammer at it until it's dead, but it still don't change the fact that I honestly doesn't see the Destroyer getting close enough to do any real damage with it's sword before it's down.

I disagree. That explanations for the power levels being thrown around don't supercede the obvious power levels involved here. Just because Odin destroyed a galaxy under another writer doesn't mean that Odin is more powerful than Odin from issue 300. That's ludicrous. To assume the best he can do it destroy a planet with these attacks is also ridiculous.

One blast out of how many that hit him?

Yeah, of course you apply cbr type standards to Galactus as you really want him to win.

Yes, from Celestials surrounding him from all sides. It wasn't close to a one on one battle so acting as if Galactus can replicate this type of feat when the guy was taxed breaking through a Thanos shield is unbelievable to be honest.

You don't have a leg to stand on.

What exactly don't you see it change his powerlevel (he was hungry we know that much) or the circumstances the scan represents?

According to your opinion.

He reformed them to.

So we should ignore forum rules then and also assume that the Cosmic awarness is hokus pokus? Teleporting is the most obvious choice as already mentioned. If he can teleport Taa II to any location in the universe then he can move himself too.

The slashes? I see a few ways, the most obvious is to teleport away from the destroyer when it gets in to close, but since you don't think that is in Galactus character, lets ignore that and look at it from a more battle oriented perspective. Galactus have never been afraid to get in and wrestle with his opponents (in h2h though) and have managed that situation quite well, so what I can imagine happen is him trying to get a hold of the arm holding the Odinsword and do what Arishem did and try and melt it, or simply fire a blast straight at the hand so the Destroyer drops it. That I believe would be more in Character for Galactus. *shrug* The fact he won't reform when he starts lopping off limbs while in battle.

Of course my opinion.

I disagree with your interpretation. We never saw Galactus killed or the heroes for that matter.

Why can't Odin follow him? I mean seriously?

I don't see Galactus as powerful enough to easily jar it from Odin's hands. The Celestials are simply more powerful and he was also overwhelmed by their sheer numbers.

quanchi112

thumb up

He already reformed himself from complete disintegration at the hand of the magus' cosmic cubes I don't recall other skyfathers' powers being involved just the asgardians souls.

Yes, and we've seen a Celestial shake off a godblast and undo it's actions like it was nothing. That was a far more powerful godblast which drove Galactus off since it destroyer a reinforced hammer.

So comparing Galactus' power to a Celestial's is off imo.

We've seen a well fed Galactus rocked by much less. I mean Thanos whose power he himself described as lilluptian to Galactus' was able to drive him back I see no reason why an Odin amped Destroyer wouldn't seriously effect Galactus here.

Odin has destroyed a galaxy before in the form of Infinity. Just a darker aspect of himself was able to do so so comparing these collateral damage feats like it tells us anything is more wishful thinking.

1.That was proposed like it must have been. It was never confirmed though let's say it was. Odin's darker aspect destroyed galaxies easily in the form of Infinity.

2.And your point is?

I disagree with your interpretation of him being completely disintegrated.

They have faced off against similar instances while the Celestial seems to laugh off certain attacks which have made galactus run for his life.

I see the Celestials who far outrank cc's as being more powerful than Galactus. No shock there I hope.

Galactus wouldn't fare any better in a direct battle with the 4th host of the celestials. Him squaring off against Tyrant was a complete joke in terms of Galactus' preparations as he faced off against a weaker foe he previously had defeated and supplied his own means of defeat. I mean come on now.

They weren't in trouble because they were a lot more powerful and they faced off against one foe and greatly outnumbered him. LOL.

Tenebrous and Aegis put the works to Galactus there. That's an example of far less than the 4th host putting the screws to Galactus.

Yes, the beam didn't but thee sword did so it's obvious which was more effective.

An aspect of Odin was easily destroying galaxies as well and this is supported on panel while Thanos was speculating as to the damage wrought by these two titans.

Against the Celestials the sword wasn't much help but against one foe Galactus this will have a very different outcome.

Uatu76
I've always considered Galactus more powerful than a celestial, but in order to have him repeatedly interacting/threatening lesser beings they have to tone him down. Stories involving big g would be pointless if he couldn't be hurt or defeated by anyone under him in power which would be almost all of marvel. Non pis/cis galactus would absolutely crush Odin here imo.

Utrigita
Edit. cba atm.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uatu76
I've always considered Galactus more powerful than a celestial, but in order to have him repeatedly interacting/threatening lesser beings they have to tone him down. Stories involving big g would be pointless if he couldn't be hurt or defeated by anyone under him in power which would be almost all of marvel. Non pis/cis galactus would absolutely crush Odin here imo. I think it varies. All characters through time tend to get written down here and there. I always saw the Celestials as being on a higher paygrade than galactus let alone the entire 4th host.

Colossus-Big C
thor drove off a hungry galactus.
odin kills a hungry galactus....

galactusischere
That was one of Galactus' earliest appearences. Galactus was both exhausted and starving, plust at the time Galactus was considered to be a skyfather level

Power Cosmic II
I don't recall other skyfathers' powers being involved just the asgardians souls.

Yes, and we've seen a Celestial shake off a godblast and undo it's actions like it was nothing. That was a far more powerful godblast which drove Galactus off since it destroyer a reinforced hammer.

So comparing Galactus' power to a Celestial's is off imo.

We've seen a well fed Galactus rocked by much less. I mean Thanos whose power he himself described as lilluptian to Galactus' was able to drive him back I see no reason why an Odin amped Destroyer wouldn't seriously effect Galactus here.

Odin has destroyed a galaxy before in the form of Infinity. Just a darker aspect of himself was able to do so so comparing these collateral damage feats like it tells us anything is more wishful thinking.

1.That was proposed like it must have been. It was never confirmed though let's say it was. Odin's darker aspect destroyed galaxies easily in the form of Infinity.

2.And your point is?

I disagree with your interpretation of him being completely disintegrated.

They have faced off against similar instances while the Celestial seems to laugh off certain attacks which have made galactus run for his life.

I see the Celestials who far outrank cc's as being more powerful than Galactus. No shock there I hope.

Galactus wouldn't fare any better in a direct battle with the 4th host of the celestials. Him squaring off against Tyrant was a complete joke in terms of Galactus' preparations as he faced off against a weaker foe he previously had defeated and supplied his own means of defeat. I mean come on now.

They weren't in trouble because they were a lot more powerful and they faced off against one foe and greatly outnumbered him. LOL.

Tenebrous and Aegis put the works to Galactus there. That's an example of far less than the 4th host putting the screws to Galactus.

Yes, the beam didn't but thee sword did so it's obvious which was more effective.

An aspect of Odin was easily destroying galaxies as well and this is supported on panel while Thanos was speculating as to the damage wrought by these two titans.

Against the Celestials the sword wasn't much help but against one foe Galactus this will have a very different outcome.

Each of the skyfathers imbued the destroyer with some of their power. In that way it just wasn't asgard vs. the fourth host, it was all the pantheons, proxied by asgard, vs. the fourth host.

The Godblast against Galactus was after he had fought Ego. Galactus' powerlevels since his early showings have greatly increased since then as well so that's an outdated showing at best. This is quite evident in the statement Galactus gave to Ego, saying Ego was the most powerful foe he had ever faced. Obviously Galactus has faced far greater than ego since then and has lived to fight another day. Case in point, his powerlevel has changed. That's why KMC makes the distinction of current characters (by default) in vs. battles, unless stated otherwise. Therefore this battle is current, well-fed Galactus.

Since the Ego encounter thor has never ever since then posed any kind of threat to Galactus and indeed in BRB Godhunter Thor refused to aid BRB against Galactus, and further added that even if he had his full powers of the Odin force, he would still refuse.

Again, when has any single Celestial defeated anyone on Galactus' level? Tiamut the dreaming Celestial was struggling to display power sufficient to destroy a solar system during the eternals arc. So comparing a celestial to Galactus' powers is a bit off, I agree.

Yes Thanos drove him back. As mentioned in my post that's all it did. Galactus closed the distance instantly by teleportation and proceeded to obliterate Thanos' defenses. What makes you think that the Destroyer would achieve anything more vs. what it could do against 1 celestial? As I said, even if the destroyer propelled him physically it would just be a ranged battle grossly in G's favor. And if G wished to he could close the distance by instant teleportation, as he did Thanos. Thanos who can react to the SS. Yet Galactus still was able to execute his attack. Wishful thinking to assume disintegration beam would harm Galactus in anyway when a celestial casually blocks it with his hand.

Odin may be able to perform those feats (though odin hasn't displayed that range of power for years) but the Destroyer armor was explicitly mentioned to be able to comfortably tank a supernova. Further than that and it begins to become susceptible to damage. The point isn't whether Odin can do the damage, the point is whether the Destroyer can withstand Galactus' damage, and the answer is NO since it was clearly quantified as supernova-level blasts being in its comfort zone. Galactus has exhibited damage far in excess of that so that is my point, which you questioned.

There's no interpretation. Read the comic again. He was disintegrated, and then reformed. Disintegrate was even the word used in the handbook. So it's not my interpretation. It's marvel editorial fact.

Again you can never show any instance of a single Celestial going against someone on Galactus' level. All you can point to is the Godblast feat which occurred over 40 years ago to a Galactus that has since then grown greatly in status (3rd force in the universe, container of Abraxas, pivotal role at the end of current universe, etc.) and power (Galactus stating Ego was his most difficult opponent ever, when he's since faced In-Betweener, Mephisto, Agamotto, Abraxas, Hyperstorm, T&A, etc., all >>>>>>>>>> Ego) while Thor has never posed a theat to Galactus since then. That's why current characters are the default on KMC. I hardly call that any support for your argument.

The only reason you say that Celestials are >> CCs is because of kubik's statement. Yet we have doom saying that a CC is a fraction of Galactus' power. We have Galactus reforming after an attack by 5 CCs and we have Galactus freeing Eternity from the bonds created by 5 CCs, so there's credence to that statement.

Regardless, we also have Kubik state Galactus among the Great Powers, which are the highest tier in the universe according to Kubik, when he explains the hierarchy of the cosmos to Kosmos. He doesn't include the Celestials among the Great Powers, and in fact includes them in the tier below the Great Powers, which include the watchers, the Dark Phoenix, the Stranger, and the Lords of the Splinter Realms. So unless you are getting the Celestials>CCs from someone other than Kubik, Galactus>celestial>CC, according to Kubik.

Galactus vs. DP Tyrant has no relevance in this fight...why do you keep bringing it up? Odin doesn't have Galactus' tech, just the Destroyer, the Odinsword, and Gungir, that's it.

T&A are beings equal to Galactus in power. That's 2-on-1. Basically, it's you in a fist-fight vs. two of you. Who do you expect to win? Galactus had Tenebrous damaged while Aegis cheap-shotted him from behind. They were also prepped by Thanos. I hardly find any credence to the parallel you're drawing between a 1000 year prepped Asgard vs. the 4th host and Galactus vs. 2 Galactus-level beings prepped by Thanos.

There's nothing to laugh at the 4th host vs. Destroyer battle. The point is that none of the Destroyer's attacks were doing anything. The celestials even waited for Odin to finish his attack on 1 celestial at a time before they would retaliate. The disintegration beam was useless against 1 celestial. Ziran regrew his arm instantly. Odin was outnumbered but he was attacking 1-on-1. And his attacks were fruitless. There's nothing funny about that.

Thanos was watching a recording from Tyrant's computer, not Thanos's computer...which is a small detail that many on KMC overlook, as they just think it's Thanos running a simulation of the battle on his own computer. Not true...he's watching the battle from a recording on Tyrant's vessel, and from the data that Tyrant's computer is showing him, Thanos deduces that galaxies were destroyed. There's no reason to think Tyrant's computer (when tyrant is a technopath) is inaccurate or that Thanos is exaggerating when he uses the data from Tyrant's computer to come up with that conclusion.

Galactus reassembled himself from total disintegration. The sword is vulnerable to molecular manip. The enchantments on the sword were still functional as it states that the curse of the rhinegold ring was exorcised by arishem's transmutation. Galactus waves his hand and the sword is disintegrated.

quanchi112
Each of the skyfathers imbued the destroyer with some of their power. In that way it just wasn't asgard vs. the fourth host, it was all the pantheons, proxied by asgard, vs. the fourth host.

The Godblast against Galactus was after he had fought Ego. Galactus' powerlevels since his early showings have greatly increased since then as well so that's an outdated showing at best. This is quite evident in the statement Galactus gave to Ego, saying Ego was the most powerful foe he had ever faced. Obviously Galactus has faced far greater than ego since then and has lived to fight another day. Case in point, his powerlevel has changed. That's why KMC makes the distinction of current characters (by default) in vs. battles, unless stated otherwise. Therefore this battle is current, well-fed Galactus.

Since the Ego encounter thor has never ever since then posed any kind of threat to Galactus and indeed in BRB Godhunter Thor refused to aid BRB against Galactus, and further added that even if he had his full powers of the Odin force, he would still refuse.

Again, when has any single Celestial defeated anyone on Galactus' level? Tiamut the dreaming Celestial was struggling to display power sufficient to destroy a solar system during the eternals arc. So comparing a celestial to Galactus' powers is a bit off, I agree.

Yes Thanos drove him back. As mentioned in my post that's all it did. Galactus closed the distance instantly by teleportation and proceeded to obliterate Thanos' defenses. What makes you think that the Destroyer would achieve anything more vs. what it could do against 1 celestial? As I said, even if the destroyer propelled him physically it would just be a ranged battle grossly in G's favor. And if G wished to he could close the distance by instant teleportation, as he did Thanos. Thanos who can react to the SS. Yet Galactus still was able to execute his attack. Wishful thinking to assume disintegration beam would harm Galactus in anyway when a celestial casually blocks it with his hand.

Odin may be able to perform those feats (though odin hasn't displayed that range of power for years) but the Destroyer armor was explicitly mentioned to be able to comfortably tank a supernova. Further than that and it begins to become susceptible to damage. The point isn't whether Odin can do the damage, the point is whether the Destroyer can withstand Galactus' damage, and the answer is NO since it was clearly quantified as supernova-level blasts being in its comfort zone. Galactus has exhibited damage far in excess of that so that is my point, which you questioned.

There's no interpretation. Read the comic again. He was disintegrated, and then reformed. Disintegrate was even the word used in the handbook. So it's not my interpretation. It's marvel editorial fact.

Again you can never show any instance of a single Celestial going against someone on Galactus' level. All you can point to is the Godblast feat which occurred over 40 years ago to a Galactus that has since then grown greatly in status (3rd force in the universe, container of Abraxas, pivotal role at the end of current universe, etc.) and power (Galactus stating Ego was his most difficult opponent ever, when he's since faced In-Betweener, Mephisto, Agamotto, Abraxas, Hyperstorm, T&A, etc., all >>>>>>>>>> Ego) while Thor has never posed a theat to Galactus since then. That's why current characters are the default on KMC. I hardly call that any support for your argument.

The only reason you say that Celestials are >> CCs is because of kubik's statement. Yet we have doom saying that a CC is a fraction of Galactus' power. We have Galactus reforming after an attack by 5 CCs and we have Galactus freeing Eternity from the bonds created by 5 CCs, so there's credence to that statement.

Regardless, we also have Kubik state Galactus among the Great Powers, which are the highest tier in the universe according to Kubik, when he explains the hierarchy of the cosmos to Kosmos. He doesn't include the Celestials among the Great Powers, and in fact includes them in the tier below the Great Powers, which include the watchers, the Dark Phoenix, the Stranger, and the Lords of the Splinter Realms. So unless you are getting the Celestials>CCs from someone other than Kubik, Galactus>celestial>CC, according to Kubik.

Galactus vs. DP Tyrant has no relevance in this fight...why do you keep bringing it up? Odin doesn't have Galactus' tech, just the Destroyer, the Odinsword, and Gungir, that's it.

T&A are beings equal to Galactus in power. That's 2-on-1. Basically, it's you in a fist-fight vs. two of you. Who do you expect to win? Galactus had Tenebrous damaged while Aegis cheap-shotted him from behind. They were also prepped by Thanos. I hardly find any credence to the parallel you're drawing between a 1000 year prepped Asgard vs. the 4th host and Galactus vs. 2 Galactus-level beings prepped by Thanos.

There's nothing to laugh at the 4th host vs. Destroyer battle. The point is that none of the Destroyer's attacks were doing anything. The celestials even waited for Odin to finish his attack on 1 celestial at a time before they would retaliate. The disintegration beam was useless against 1 celestial. Ziran regrew his arm instantly. Odin was outnumbered but he was attacking 1-on-1. And his attacks were fruitless. There's nothing funny about that.

Thanos was watching a recording from Tyrant's computer, not Thanos's computer...which is a small detail that many on KMC overlook, as they just think it's Thanos running a simulation of the battle on his own computer. Not true...he's watching the battle from a recording on Tyrant's vessel, and from the data that Tyrant's computer is showing him, Thanos deduces that galaxies were destroyed. There's no reason to think Tyrant's computer (when tyrant is a technopath) is inaccurate or that Thanos is exaggerating when he uses the data from Tyrant's computer to come up with that conclusion.

Galactus reassembled himself from total disintegration. The sword is vulnerable to molecular manip. The enchantments on the sword were still functional as it states that the curse of the rhinegold ring was exorcised by arishem's transmutation. Galactus waves his hand and the sword is disintegrated. To make the destroyer not like he was amped with their powers for this fight.

I never said otherwise. My point is though we have seen a well fed Galactus go down against far less than the 4th host of the celestials.

Which proves what? this is the destroyer Odin of issue 300 so your point for bringing this up? Thor didn't like the reasons BrB was going after Galactus. That's why.

So? We've seen a celestial easily take on Odin who has destroyed galaxies before yet when matched up against them he paled in comparison while amped. Your logic is horrid and all an attempt to hype up Galactus.

Galactus also sent forces after him while re engaging him. Don't forget to leave that part out.

Not wishful thinking it's dishonest of you to claim Galactus can easily ward it off when he's not a celestial.

Odin's power hasn't changed. You citing issues with what year what has happened is another attempt by you to pretend the powers/showing is no longer relevant when this simply isn't the case.

When has Galactus destroyed galaxies on panel?

We've also seen far less damage Galactus so being hung up on the terminology used in the issue is wishful thinking at best.

yet we've seen far less defeat Galactus or pose a major threat to him such as tenebrous and aegis and Tyrant. Tyrant actually took his herald from him and galactus didn't do a thing about it.

That's still a relevant statement while we've seen the beyonder force galactus in secret wars.

My point is Tyrant isn't anywhere near as powerful as Odin here so him being a legit threat to galactus means galactus is in trouble here.

When did kubik ever state galactus>than Celestials.

Asgard amped his power level he didn't stage some massive invasion. He showed up and took them on physically while T an dA took Galactus on physically and dominated him. The 4th host>>>T and A.

Regrowing his arm means the attack wasn't useless only that it was useless against a celestial's abilities. I mean come on now. saying cutting off someone's arm is useless is completely ridiculous.

He speculated galaxies must have been destroyed. he said must have not they were destroyed. Context.

I disagree with him being totally disintegrated.

galactusischere
What is going to stop Galactus from absorbing his ship or using the universe busters in his ship? or even the UN?

quanchi112
What is going to stop Galactus from absorbing his ship or using the universe busters in his ship? or even the UN? I don't see him using the un. If he does there is nothing Odin can do. I don't see him doing so though.

xJLxKing
LMAO. In this thread, you say, he won't be using it. IN the Blackest Night thread, you claim he wouldn't. laughing out loud

quanchi112
LMAO. In this thread, you say, he won't be using it. IN the Blackest Night thread, you claim he wouldn't. laughing out loud Depends on the situation. I don't see Galactus as using it here but with the stakes against him and entire armies coming after him he might. I think there's more of a chance for him to do so especially with the forces on his side. The might use it not him. Thanos would use every available resource given to him to beat bn.

smile

xJLxKing
Depends on the situation. I don't see Galactus as using it here but with the stakes against him and entire armies coming after him he might. I think there's more of a chance for him to do so especially with the forces on his side. The might use it not him. Thanos would use every available resource given to him to beat bn.

smile laughing out loud laughing out loud Trying to change your stance laughing out loud
You're a two face laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud laughing out loud Trying to change your stance laughing out loud
You're a two face laughing out loud My stance was also it depends on the gravity of the situation. The un was used against Magus and Abraxas because it was needed to. I don't see him using it against Odin because Odin's isn't head and shoulders above him.

smile

xJLxKing
And now to are taking some words back. laughing out loud

quanchi112
And now to are taking some words back. laughing out loud I didn't take any of my words back. Not one.

Power Cosmic II
To make the destroyer not like he was amped with their powers for this fight.

I never said otherwise. My point is though we have seen a well fed Galactus go down against far less than the 4th host of the celestials.

Which proves what? this is the destroyer Odin of issue 300 so your point for bringing this up? Thor didn't like the reasons BrB was going after Galactus. That's why.

So? We've seen a celestial easily take on Odin who has destroyed galaxies before yet when matched up against them he paled in comparison while amped. Your logic is horrid and all an attempt to hype up Galactus.

Galactus also sent forces after him while re engaging him. Don't forget to leave that part out.

Not wishful thinking it's dishonest of you to claim Galactus can easily ward it off when he's not a celestial.

Odin's power hasn't changed. You citing issues with what year what has happened is another attempt by you to pretend the powers/showing is no longer relevant when this simply isn't the case.

When has Galactus destroyed galaxies on panel?

We've also seen far less damage Galactus so being hung up on the terminology used in the issue is wishful thinking at best.

yet we've seen far less defeat Galactus or pose a major threat to him such as tenebrous and aegis and Tyrant. Tyrant actually took his herald from him and galactus didn't do a thing about it.

That's still a relevant statement while we've seen the beyonder force galactus in secret wars.

My point is Tyrant isn't anywhere near as powerful as Odin here so him being a legit threat to galactus means galactus is in trouble here.

When did kubik ever state galactus>than Celestials.

Asgard amped his power level he didn't stage some massive invasion. He showed up and took them on physically while T an dA took Galactus on physically and dominated him. The 4th host>>>T and A.

Regrowing his arm means the attack wasn't useless only that it was useless against a celestial's abilities. I mean come on now. saying cutting off someone's arm is useless is completely ridiculous.

He speculated galaxies must have been destroyed. he said must have not they were destroyed. Context.

I disagree with him being totally disintegrated.

This is the destroyer odin from #300 vs. current, well-fed Galactus. Your point in bringing up the Godblast from 1968 from a Galactus that is clearly inferior to today's by any standards....is what???? Nothing.

Exactly this is Odin from #300, which you yourself stated. Yet you go on harping and chirping about Odin's feats OUTSIDE of the armor from later issues. My logic isn't the one that's horrid here.

No.

Thor questioned BRBs slim chances of prevailing in a fight. It's not that he ONLY thought it wasn't right, he thought it wouldn't succeed. Thor is a warrior first, a philosopher second.

Which basically means "even if I had my full strength available to help you, I still would not help you." Great. Thor doesn't think it's right, that's true. That is by no means his only opinion on the matter.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9120/brbgh1.th.jpg
"You. Your vessel. Alone. Can you triumph?" Thor, ever the warrior, asks "Are you confident of defeating Galactus alone with yourself and just your ship?" He doesn't ask whether BRB thinks it's right, he doesn't ask BRB if he thinks it's wise....he's asking BRB if he thinks he can win. That's Thor measuring the extent of BRB's resolve and determination in fighting Galactus and winning. Why would Thor make that statement if he's not putting himself in BRB's shoes to judge whether he can win or not. Why wouldn't he just say "no BRB, this whole course of action isn't right." Clearly, Thor is in doubt of BRB's chances here. He's thinking about a fight, and BRB's chances of lasting in that fight (more on this on the next page). That is Thor's mentality.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/450/brbgh.th.jpg

"I ask you one final time, will you stand with me?" Thor looks down at his feet ashamed and comes up with excuses. Can't even look BRB in the eye as he lists them.
"But were I in the fullness of my might, I WOULD NOT. This is neither right nor wise"="Even if I had my full powers (and explain it away however you want to interpret that...bottom line is he wouldn't, even if he were 100%) I would not stand with you, BRB. This is neither the right course of action, nor is it the WISE course of action" why wouldn't it be wise? What possible outcome of BRB's quest would prove unwise? I.E., why is Thor indirectly telling BRB that it's a stupid idea to challenge Galactus just with himself and his ship?

"I ask you, for my sake, for the memory of your people, for the lives of all those you'd save if you stay instead of chasing shadows--do not do this!"="I implore you, for the sake of your people, whom Galactus erased from existence, of whom you are the sole remaining survivor in the entire universe, for the sake of all the people you would save if you remain alive instead of seeking probable death, and consequently condemn those people to their own deaths if you are not around to save them, do not do this!"

BRB gets exasperated with Thor and just flies off while giving his reply ("and for all their sakes, I must"wink. Thor doesn't chase after him, even after giving that impassioned plea.

galactus sent forces and they mattered little. Thanos still activated all his shields and they were still compromised.

No it's not dishonest in me of the slightest. Don't confuse my disagreeing with your opinion as being dishonest, because that implies you are 100% correct which is absolute garbage. Actually what is dishonest is you saying you disagree with Galactus being disintegrated when I already told you it's in the handbook. Go look it up if you disagree. I don't have the scans because my HD was erased.

And we've seen far less damage Celestials, and far less damage Odin. You want to ignore writer statements in the comic, go ahead. You are the one who is being dishonest and, in ignoring in-comic statements, already indirectly conceding your position. You can't work with the statements so you just dismiss them. You have no solid argument. Thank you for realizing that.

Yes PR Beyonder blasted Galactus. And in the same issue that I keep referencing, we learn that the Great Powers sent the Celestials to "pretend" they were defeated by the beyonder. Read FF Annual 23 and then get back to me. It's clear you haven't read it otherwise you wouldn't be ignorant about Kubik's position regarding the Celestials, Galactus, and the Great Powers.

Asgard prepped for 1000 years. 1000 YEARS. This massive invasion you refer to took place over 3 months. 3 MONTHS. Surely, you can't help but laugh at what you just wrote. Thanos prepped T&A specifically for engagement against Galactus. Unless you are telling me that T&A helped annihilus destroy the skrull and kree empires. Andy Schmidt confirmed that Thanos prepped T&A against Galactus, that's it. Regardless, T&A were bloodlusted and prepped. They were equals to Galactus. The destroyer armor with Odin is not equal to a single celestial...what don't you understand?

Exactly the attack was useless. In the only instance where the sword was shown to be used against cosmic entities, it was useless. Unless you want to show the odinsword cutting off uatu's arm or the stranger's or I-B's arm. Otherwise, the attack was useless. Or are you going to say it can cut off eternity's arm but just because the celestials have energy inside their armor (that sounds REALLY familiar to a certain individual who consumes planets, don't you think?) that they can reshape.

Tyrant's computer allowed him to make the deduction. Thanos doesn't have the IG when he's looking at the battle. He's not omniscient. There was enough data on the computer that he was comfortable enough to make that deduction. Galactus doesn't go around vaporizing galaxies on a whim.

You disagree with marvel, that's fine. As long as you realize it.

quanchi112
This is the destroyer odin from #300 vs. current, well-fed Galactus. Your point in bringing up the Godblast from 1968 from a Galactus that is clearly inferior to today's by any standards....is what???? Nothing.

Exactly this is Odin from #300, which you yourself stated. Yet you go on harping and chirping about Odin's feats OUTSIDE of the armor from later issues. My logic isn't the one that's horrid here.

No.

Thor questioned BRBs slim chances of prevailing in a fight. It's not that he ONLY thought it wasn't right, he thought it wouldn't succeed. Thor is a warrior first, a philosopher second.

galactus sent forces and they mattered little. Thanos still activated all his shields and they were still compromised.

No it's not dishonest in me of the slightest. Don't confuse my disagreeing with your opinion as being dishonest, because that implies you are 100% correct which is absolute garbage. Actually what is dishonest is you saying you disagree with Galactus being disintegrated when I already told you it's in the handbook. Go look it up if you disagree. I don't have the scans because my HD was erased.

And we've seen far less damage Celestials, and far less damage Odin. You want to ignore writer statements in the comic, go ahead. You are the one who is being dishonest and, in ignoring in-comic statements, already indirectly conceding your position. You can't work with the statements so you just dismiss them. You have no solid argument. Thank you for realizing that.

Yes PR Beyonder blasted Galactus. And in the same issue that I keep referencing, we learn that the Great Powers sent the Celestials to "pretend" they were defeated by the beyonder. Read FF Annual 23 and then get back to me. It's clear you haven't read it otherwise you wouldn't be ignorant about Kubik's position regarding the Celestials, Galactus, and the Great Powers.

Asgard prepped for 1000 years. 1000 YEARS. This massive invasion you refer to took place over 3 months. 3 MONTHS. Surely, you can't help but laugh at what you just wrote. Thanos prepped T&A specifically for engagement against Galactus. Unless you are telling me that T&A helped annihilus destroy the skrull and kree empires. Andy Schmidt confirmed that Thanos prepped T&A against Galactus, that's it. Regardless, T&A were bloodlusted and prepped. They were equals to Galactus. The destroyer armor with Odin is not equal to a single celestial...what don't you understand?

Exactly the attack was useless. In the only instance where the sword was shown to be used against cosmic entities, it was useless. Unless you want to show the odinsword cutting off uatu's arm or the stranger's or I-B's arm. Otherwise, the attack was useless. Or are you going to say it can cut off eternity's arm but just because the celestials have energy inside their armor (that sounds REALLY familiar to a certain individual who consumes planets, don't you think?) that they can reshape.

Tyrant's computer allowed him to make the deduction. Thanos doesn't have the IG when he's looking at the battle. He's not omniscient. There was enough data on the computer that he was comfortable enough to make that deduction. Galactus doesn't go around vaporizing galaxies on a whim.

You disagree with marvel, that's fine. As long as you realize it. I brought up more than one example. I didn't build my case around the Thor example.

Odin's amped so bringing up feats when he was far weaker isn't allowed? Are you out of your mind?

I never said BrB had a chance against Galactus anyways. LOL.

Him sending forces bought him time to press Thanos. Hence the reason he sent them. LOL.

Ah, it is? Have a scan. I won't disagree if a handbook corroborates it.

Not Odin in the destroyer. What has damaged the Celestials that is far less?

Hyperbole doesn't change the fact this Odin is more powerful than one who was destroying galaxies. I already explained my reasoning and you know it's more logical than what you are attempting to do.

In no way, shape, or form do they imply Galactus is above the Celestials. I have the issue so feel free to point out what I misinterpreted.

Yes, and they showed up and attacked him. Odin showed up to attack them. For all their prep that's basically what happened. Odin readied himself as powerful as he could be but just showed up to fight them. That's it.

It wasn't useless it was useless against someone who can reform limbs in such a manner.

I said it's speculation. We don't know how many galaxies were destroyed while we see Odin(Infinity) destroying galaxies himself not due to the collateral damage of the fight.

We've seen Odin rattle the space/time continuum, the mulitverse, and multiple dimensions in battle, but I won't use this hyperbole to prove Odin at his basic powerset is more powerful than Galactus based on the terminology thrown around.

janus77
how is this even a battle? come on... Galactus does what Galactus does, eats Asgard (and Odin) for brunch.

there is no way even a weak Galactus is losing to Odin, in a forum fight. first off, Galactus can consume Odin's realm (like he threatened to do to Mephisto), Galactus can turn the Destroyer armor into ... well, bog roll, if he wants. Odin doesn't stand a chance, this is spite... let's get back to Wolverine vs bears, the odds are more even there yes

galactusischere
Galactus eats Odin and destroyer, then proceeds to eat Asgard.

carver9
Someone brought up Current Galactus being>Classic Galactus.

Thats false and their is no way of proving this.

Galactus appeared stronger in his classic form anyway.

Utrigita
Originally posted by carver9

Sorry but that is simply utterly wrong.

To put it simple. back in the days Galactus power was said to destroy that of a planet... today that is what we expect his Heralds to accomplish as a minimum that alone should point out the powerlevel development that Galactus have undergone over the last 44 years.

A interesting article I found is this statement from Jack Kirby.

Quote from The Masters of Comic Book Art

galactusischere
Current Galactus>Classic Galactus
Current Nullifier>Classic Nullifier

The Nuul
Galactus eats Odin and destroyer, then proceeds to eat Asgard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
how is this even a battle? come on... Galactus does what Galactus does, eats Asgard (and Odin) for brunch.

there is no way even a weak Galactus is losing to Odin, in a forum fight. first off, Galactus can consume Odin's realm (like he threatened to do to Mephisto), Galactus can turn the Destroyer armor into ... well, bog roll, if he wants. Odin doesn't stand a chance, this is spite... let's get back to Wolverine vs bears, the odds are more even there yes His swords off galactus limbs and he proceeds to beat his skull in.

Mindset

Galactus appeared stronger in his classic form anyway. Lol, in what way?

Power Cosmic II
I brought up more than one example. I didn't build my case around the Thor example.

Odin's amped so bringing up feats when he was far weaker isn't allowed? Are you out of your mind?

I never said BrB had a chance against Galactus anyways. LOL.

Him sending forces bought him time to press Thanos. Hence the reason he sent them. LOL.

Ah, it is? Have a scan. I won't disagree if a handbook corroborates it.

Not Odin in the destroyer. What has damaged the Celestials that is far less?

Hyperbole doesn't change the fact this Odin is more powerful than one who was destroying galaxies. I already explained my reasoning and you know it's more logical than what you are attempting to do.

In no way, shape, or form do they imply Galactus is above the Celestials. I have the issue so feel free to point out what I misinterpreted.

Yes, and they showed up and attacked him. Odin showed up to attack them. For all their prep that's basically what happened. Odin readied himself as powerful as he could be but just showed up to fight them. That's it.

It wasn't useless it was useless against someone who can reform limbs in such a manner.

I said it's speculation. We don't know how many galaxies were destroyed while we see Odin(Infinity) destroying galaxies himself not due to the collateral damage of the fight.

We've seen Odin rattle the space/time continuum, the mulitverse, and multiple dimensions in battle, but I won't use this hyperbole to prove Odin at his basic powerset is more powerful than Galactus based on the terminology thrown around.

The destroyer armor's durability was shown against the fourth host. The fourth host isn't what it takes to defeat the destroyer...the fourth host showed that they are so far beyond the destroyer that they can reduce it to metal slag and evict all of asgard from it in the process...that's way, way, way beyond what's necessary to defeat the destroyer in terms of a standard forum fight.

That is Thor telling BRB that he doesn't have the chance. That is Thor telling BRB that even if Thor had his full powers and if he even wanted to help BRB, THEY would still not have a chance. LOL.

Sue storm has damaged exitar. a low showing for the celestial but a showing nonetheless. Just like it is a low showing for Galactus when you keep mentioning "he has been damaged by far less." In fact now that I recall, Exitar is the only celestial to defeat someone on an abstract level, when he defeated "The One." And Exitar>the entire 4th host.

Odin with all of asgard sans thor in the destroyer couldn't survive a blast from the fourth host. He already was on one knee and retreating from their initial blasts, nevermind the final blasts that reduced it to metal. So we have an on-panel, canon depiction of a destroyer garbed odin that is more powerful by default than the one used in this particular battle (since Odin has all of asgard sans thor with him in the destroyer) fall victim to the first volley of a few celestials. Artistically it was depicted as 2 blasts but we'll just say it was the first volley that the Destroyer was essentially defeated. I dont see how a well-fed Galactus can't replicate the same volley of blasts from 7 celestials. The first volley took the destroyer down. Galactus has the power to do that. Perhaps not in 1 blast but a succession of blasts from a well-fed galactus is comfortably in range of a volley of 1 blast from each of 2 or more celestials.

This is the structure of FF annual 23 (again I don't have the scans, but in this instance I have the actual comic in front of me):

Kubik explains to Kosmos that the universe is a 4 dimensional congruence of spheres. The 2nd sphere encompasses the 1st, the 3rd sphere the 2nd, and so forth. Kubik literally says "we shall ascend this scale"

1st level: Stars/heavenly bodies, stars which are preyed on by

*transition to 2nd level*

2nd level: The Dark Phoenix. Kosmos detects the watchers wathcing and Kubik says to ignore them as they have more to see: The composite beings which are comprised of billions of individuals into 1 being, and among them he names Mangog, the Overmind, and the Uni-mind. High Evolutionary is also mentioned. Then the Stranger.

*transition to 3rd level*

3rd level: Kubik says above these are the enemies of Entropy and agents of evolution: Eon, the Vishanti, and finally, the Celestials.

Kosmos recollects that in her previous existence (referring to secret wars beyonder) she battled the Celestials. Kubik explains that the celestials were sent by the Great Powers to help nurture her into existence, etc. Finally Kubik shows Shuma-Gorath, mephisto, surtur (and curiously, thanos) and other lords of the splinter realms. These mystical beings in turn serve

*transition to 4th level, the Great Powers level*

4th Level: Mistress Death. He also shows Master Order, Lord Chaos, their agent the I-B, and Galactus

5th Level: Encompassing all lower scales before it, is Eternity

6th Level: even higher than Eternity, is the race of the (true) Beyonders

7th level: the Living Tribunal

8th level: TOAA

So Kubik, the same being who said celestials are magnitudes above CCs, has ranked Celestials as below the Great Powers, of whom Galactus is a part.

Galactus and Tyrant outputted enough energy to destroy galaxies. Even if it was collateral damage, their combined energies destroyed galaxies. This logic holds because suppose 3 galaxies were destroyed. Ok then we know their combined energies desteroyed 3. We also know that FP Tyrant<well-fed Galactus, since Galactus over-powered FP Tyrant. However, for argument's sake, suppose Galactus outputted enough energy equal to FP tyrant. That means each of them destroyed 50% of 3 galaxies, or 1 1/2 of a galaxy for each of Galactus and FP Tyrant. That's 1 and a half galaxies' worth of indirect (not directed at the galaxy itself) power that was great enough to rupture the galaxy. It's more impressive to destroy something in unintentional collateral damage than to destroy something that you have targeted with a specific purpose. again, even if the damage was as little as 3 galaxies, its still significant damage. Half of the damage done by power output of 1, the other half done by power output of the other. And that's being a bit generous as FP Tryant was overpowered. And it's also indirect. Destroying something indirectly >>> destroying something directly, given the same object. Indeed, with all the data Tyrant's computer showed thanos, there's no reason to think that anything less than 2 galaxies at the absolute minimum were destroyed. Otherwise, why would thanos even make such a random estimate pulled out from his ass? Tyrant's computer was recording and analyzing the actual battle, not cataloging the damage around them that the battle was causing.

yes silver age odin>silver age Galactus. Silver age odin>current odin. But this is not silver age Galactus being used.

Power Cosmic II

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8928/29bjxqx.jpg

quanchi112
The destroyer armor's durability was shown against the fourth host. The fourth host isn't what it takes to defeat the destroyer...the fourth host showed that they are so far beyond the destroyer that they can reduce it to metal slag and evict all of asgard from it in the process...that's way, way, way beyond what's necessary to defeat the destroyer in terms of a standard forum fight.

That is Thor telling BRB that he doesn't have the chance. That is Thor telling BRB that even if Thor had his full powers and if he even wanted to help BRB, THEY would still not have a chance. LOL.

Sue storm has damaged exitar. a low showing for the celestial but a showing nonetheless. Just like it is a low showing for Galactus when you keep mentioning "he has been damaged by far less." In fact now that I recall, Exitar is the only celestial to defeat someone on an abstract level, when he defeated "The One." And Exitar>the entire 4th host.

Odin with all of asgard sans thor in the destroyer couldn't survive a blast from the fourth host. He already was on one knee and retreating from their initial blasts, nevermind the final blasts that reduced it to metal. So we have an on-panel, canon depiction of a destroyer garbed odin that is more powerful by default than the one used in this particular battle (since Odin has all of asgard sans thor with him in the destroyer) fall victim to the first volley of a few celestials. Artistically it was depicted as 2 blasts but we'll just say it was the first volley that the Destroyer was essentially defeated. I dont see how a well-fed Galactus can't replicate the same volley of blasts from 7 celestials. The first volley took the destroyer down. Galactus has the power to do that. Perhaps not in 1 blast but a succession of blasts from a well-fed galactus is comfortably in range of a volley of 1 blast from each of 2 or more celestials.

This is the structure of FF annual 23 (again I don't have the scans, but in this instance I have the actual comic in front of me):

Kubik explains to Kosmos that the universe is a 4 dimensional congruence of spheres. The 2nd sphere encompasses the 1st, the 3rd sphere the 2nd, and so forth. Kubik literally says "we shall ascend this scale"

1st level: Stars/heavenly bodies, stars which are preyed on by

*transition to 2nd level*

2nd level: The Dark Phoenix. Kosmos detects the watchers wathcing and Kubik says to ignore them as they have more to see: The composite beings which are comprised of billions of individuals into 1 being, and among them he names Mangog, the Overmind, and the Uni-mind. High Evolutionary is also mentioned. Then the Stranger.

*transition to 3rd level*

3rd level: Kubik says above these are the enemies of Entropy and agents of evolution: Eon, the Vishanti, and finally, the Celestials.

Kosmos recollects that in her previous existence (referring to secret wars beyonder) she battled the Celestials. Kubik explains that the celestials were sent by the Great Powers to help nurture her into existence, etc. Finally Kubik shows Shuma-Gorath, mephisto, surtur (and curiously, thanos) and other lords of the splinter realms. These mystical beings in turn serve

*transition to 4th level, the Great Powers level*

4th Level: Mistress Death. He also shows Master Order, Lord Chaos, their agent the I-B, and Galactus

5th Level: Encompassing all lower scales before it, is Eternity

6th Level: even higher than Eternity, is the race of the (true) Beyonders

7th level: the Living Tribunal

8th level: TOAA

So Kubik, the same being who said celestials are magnitudes above CCs, has ranked Celestials as below the Great Powers, of whom Galactus is a part.

Galactus and Tyrant outputted enough energy to destroy galaxies. Even if it was collateral damage, their combined energies destroyed galaxies. This logic holds because suppose 3 galaxies were destroyed. Ok then we know their combined energies desteroyed 3. We also know that FP Tyrant<well-fed Galactus, since Galactus over-powered FP Tyrant. However, for argument's sake, suppose Galactus outputted enough energy equal to FP tyrant. That means each of them destroyed 50% of 3 galaxies, or 1 1/2 of a galaxy for each of Galactus and FP Tyrant. That's 1 and a half galaxies' worth of indirect (not directed at the galaxy itself) power that was great enough to rupture the galaxy. It's more impressive to destroy something in unintentional collateral damage than to destroy something that you have targeted with a specific purpose. again, even if the damage was as little as 3 galaxies, its still significant damage. Half of the damage done by power output of 1, the other half done by power output of the other. And that's being a bit generous as FP Tryant was overpowered. And it's also indirect. Destroying something indirectly >>> destroying something directly, given the same object. Indeed, with all the data Tyrant's computer showed thanos, there's no reason to think that anything less than 2 galaxies at the absolute minimum were destroyed. Otherwise, why would thanos even make such a random estimate pulled out from his ass? Tyrant's computer was recording and analyzing the actual battle, not cataloging the damage around them that the battle was causing.

yes silver age odin>silver age Galactus. Silver age odin>current odin. But this is not silver age Galactus being used. I don't see Galactus having the power to do so before he gets limbs taken off and is critically injured.

I never stated they would have a chance. BrB still effectively starved him out for a time though. but in a direct fight these two don't have a chance.

She tapped into their power source which is something I don't see many characters doing. Reed and the ff have also driven off Galactus with their plans multiple times. The context behind these feats and the plot deviceness which usually goes along with it take away from the fact these beings are simply beyond them outside some writer coming up with some new angle to deal with these uber threats type stuff.

Yes, he could. He couldn't survive multiple blasts or defeat this entire host. Taking on this many beings simply beyond him isn't a low showing for him. Galactus would be annihilated and quickly if he dared take the fight to the 4th host.

Of course you can't see how a host of beings who are surrounding Odin don't present a variety of problems for him one being doesn't. I have no idea how or why you don't see it but not my problem.

I'll have to pop in my disc and give it another look. I don't remember them placing these beings beneath Galactus by any stretch of the imagination.

Speculation. Must have isn't a definitive number. I also don't hold all characters to these statements and argue for or against them in such a manner. Odin's darker aspect did so on panel and with ease, but you won't hear me arguing he's greater than Galactus based on this showing just like you shouldn't argue the Destroyer with Odin in it is weaker than Odin from this issue.

galactusischere

laughing out loud

janus77
His swords off galactus limbs and he proceeds to beat his skull in.
laughing out loud

anyway, we both know Odin dies in the first milisecond of battle, no other outcome is possible.

but Thanos was impressive against Odin, even if Odin isn't more than a speck of dust to Galactus.

janus77
I don't know my DC too well, but is that Gorilla Grod? confused

galactusischere

even if Odin isn't more than a speck of dust to Galactus.
I wouldn't go that far.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

anyway, we both know Odin dies in the first milisecond of battle, no other outcome is possible.

but Thanos was impressive against Odin, even if Odin isn't more than a speck of dust to Galactus. I don't think you know who Odin is tbh let alone which Odin we are using here.

janus77
I wouldn't go that far.
in so much as neither a speck of dust nor Odin stands a chance of winning a forum battle against Galactus, I think my comment retains some validity...

I mean would the difference in power between Spiderman and an 8yr old child matter, when set against Superman? (ok so Superman might think twice about hitting a child ...)

it was just to encapsulate the absolute certainty of the outcome, that's all.

Power Cosmic II
I don't see Galactus having the power to do so before he gets limbs taken off and is critically injured.

I never stated they would have a chance. BrB still effectively starved him out for a time though. but in a direct fight these two don't have a chance.

She tapped into their power source which is something I don't see many characters doing. Reed and the ff have also driven off Galactus with their plans multiple times. The context behind these feats and the plot deviceness which usually goes along with it take away from the fact these beings are simply beyond them outside some writer coming up with some new angle to deal with these uber threats type stuff.

Yes, he could. He couldn't survive multiple blasts or defeat this entire host. Taking on this many beings simply beyond him isn't a low showing for him. Galactus would be annihilated and quickly if he dared take the fight to the 4th host.

Of course you can't see how a host of beings who are surrounding Odin don't present a variety of problems for him one being doesn't. I have no idea how or why you don't see it but not my problem.

I'll have to pop in my disc and give it another look. I don't remember them placing these beings beneath Galactus by any stretch of the imagination.

Speculation. Must have isn't a definitive number. I also don't hold all characters to these statements and argue for or against them in such a manner. Odin's darker aspect did so on panel and with ease, but you won't hear me arguing he's greater than Galactus based on this showing just like you shouldn't argue the Destroyer with Odin in it is weaker than Odin from this issue.

The Destroyer has reactionary times that are greater than Celestials, who act and behave like statues, literally (arishem was going to stand on that podium for 50 years and not move while judging earth). That's hardly impressive reactionary time when you can move faster than a celestial. Galactus at least has shown the ability to dodge and block attacks with a force field. The destroyer isn't going to walk up to Galactus with his sword swinging around like some giant phallus.

Exactly. Reed and the FF only triumph through plots and writer-tricks. Vindicator and alpha flight kicked the shit out of Galactus simply because they brought Galactus to a universe where the power cosmic doesn't work. Brilliant writer cop-out. That's why i was arguing that galactus being damaged by far less is irrelevant as it's almost always involving some plot device trick (reed with his plans, vindicator fiasco, etc.) or when he's weak (godblast, punch from thing which themselves are silver age instances).

The destroyer was on 1 knee after the first volley of blasts from less than the whole 4th host. Thor knew the fight was all but over at that point. The final blast at the end with all 7 firing was superfluous and really doesn't matter as the fight was over long before that. The celestials politely allowed Odin to hit them with his attacks, and only after he attacked would they then respond. They never pre-empted the destroyer and let it attack first. In no way did they gang rape Odin until after the first volley, and at that point the outcome was already in certainty so that's beside the point. That is what you are having a great struggle in comprehending.

Yes sue storm tapped into Exitar's power source which not many beings can do. Galactus can and does manipulate hyperspace so your double standard of validating the sue storm showing with a caveat of her unique ability, while saying the fourth host would obliterate Galactus, when Sue storm manipulated the energies of a celestial that on his own, is > than the fourth host, has been exposed. Thank you.

As I said Galactus doesn't go around vaporizing galaxies on an "evil whim." He doesn't go mad or "evil" like Odin is prone to do. If i were to bring that up then the only corollary would be black celestial arc galactus when his mentality was altered. without going mad odin would never just wantonly blow up a galaxy on his own. Neither has Eternity. But yet by your logic you would say Eternity couldn't do it.

yes read the issue again. You'll see that my list is accurate. I have no reason to fabricate it and even less to put up false facts so i can waste my time lying to others in some hope to support my argument.

Odin form #300 had all of asgard with him. He doesn't in this battle. How is Odin from #300 not more powerful than the odin in this battle.

janus77
I don't think you know who Odin is tbh let alone which Odin we are using here.
the guy Thanos fought a long drawn out battle with, in the course of which Thanos was given props for being a worthy adversary ... something which Thanos found condescending.

of course the same Thanos was made to beg for Galactus to stay his hand, as he acknowledged how mighty Galactus was.

the same Galactus that can consume realms of other gods/dimensional lords, with utter ease ... in fact, even his herald has defeated a juiced-up rogue Watcher who attained such power as to become a God in his own dimension ...

there isn't a thing Odin can do, the Destroyer armor is literally irrelevant, this is Galactus he's fighting.

quanchi112
The Destroyer has reactionary times that are greater than Celestials, who act and behave like statues, literally (arishem was going to stand on that podium for 50 years and not move while judging earth). That's hardly impressive reactionary time when you can move faster than a celestial. Galactus at least has shown the ability to dodge and block attacks with a force field. The destroyer isn't going to walk up to Galactus with his sword swinging around like some giant phallus.

Exactly. Reed and the FF only triumph through plots and writer-tricks. Vindicator and alpha flight kicked the shit out of Galactus simply because they brought Galactus to a universe where the power cosmic doesn't work. Brilliant writer cop-out. That's why i was arguing that galactus being damaged by far less is irrelevant as it's almost always involving some plot device trick (reed with his plans, vindicator fiasco, etc.) or when he's weak (godblast, punch from thing which themselves are silver age instances).

The destroyer was on 1 knee after the first volley of blasts from less than the whole 4th host. Thor knew the fight was all but over at that point. The final blast at the end with all 7 firing was superfluous and really doesn't matter as the fight was over long before that. The celestials politely allowed Odin to hit them with his attacks, and only after he attacked would they then respond. They never pre-empted the destroyer and let it attack first. In no way did they gang rape Odin until after the first volley, and at that point the outcome was already in certainty so that's beside the point. That is what you are having a great struggle in comprehending.

Yes sue storm tapped into Exitar's power source which not many beings can do. Galactus can and does manipulate hyperspace so your double standard of validating the sue storm showing with a caveat of her unique ability, while saying the fourth host would obliterate Galactus, when Sue storm manipulated the energies of a celestial that on his own, is > than the fourth host, has been exposed. Thank you.

As I said Galactus doesn't go around vaporizing galaxies on an "evil whim." He doesn't go mad or "evil" like Odin is prone to do. If i were to bring that up then the only corollary would be black celestial arc galactus when his mentality was altered. without going mad odin would never just wantonly blow up a galaxy on his own. Neither has Eternity. But yet by your logic you would say Eternity couldn't do it.

yes read the issue again. You'll see that my list is accurate. I have no reason to fabricate it and even less to put up false facts so i can waste my time lying to others in some hope to support my argument.

Odin form #300 had all of asgard with him. He doesn't in this battle. How is Odin from #300 not more powerful than the odin in this battle. They don't have to react quicker when their opponent doesn't really pose a threat to them. They acted quick enough to destroy the Destroyer. You can't argue with results. Galactus isn't going to turn into some abstract ninja either.

Making Tenebrous and Aegis a perfect example. I didn't cite some ff miracle.

No, I understand the situation quite perfectly. What you fail to understand is a group vs. one threat poses a number of problems that one threat doesn't pose.

This option might be available to Galactus but I still don't see him being able to take down the 4th host in time as they could defeat him with one group attack. That's also a plot device which isn't available in this scenario.

No, going by my logic Odin isn't more powerful because of it. I never implied as such and still don't. Galactus is more powerful than Odin regardless of this feat. I don't debate based on best power feats vs. common sense. I take both into the situation and apply critical thinking.

I will take a look at it.

I think he does. The threadstarter hasn't clarified at this point.

quanchi112
the guy Thanos fought a long drawn out battle with, in the course of which Thanos was given props for being a worthy adversary ... something which Thanos found condescending.

of course the same Thanos was made to beg for Galactus to stay his hand, as he acknowledged how mighty Galactus was.

the same Galactus that can consume realms of other gods/dimensional lords, with utter ease ... in fact, even his herald has defeated a juiced-up rogue Watcher who attained such power as to become a God in his own dimension ...

there isn't a thing Odin can do, the Destroyer armor is literally irrelevant, this is Galactus he's fighting. Yes, so saying Galactus wouldn't even notice him is completely inaccurate as he definitely noticed Thanos.

Saying Odin is irrelevant in his armor isn't the same as proving it.

janus77
Yes, so saying Galactus wouldn't even notice him is completely inaccurate as he definitely noticed Thanos.

Saying Odin is irrelevant in his armor isn't the same as proving it.
as I've already stated:
in so much as neither a speck of dust nor Odin stands a chance of winning a forum battle against Galactus, I think my comment retains some validity...

'proof' can only come from a comic book encounter. we're arguing about likely outcomes based on indirect evidence and statements from sources that should/do know.

comics place Galactus several orders of power above Odin. a host of Skyfathers (including Odin) lack of significance to Celestials places Odin quite well in the scheme of things.

moreover, Galactus has shown capable of consuming the entire omniverse and with his UN he has the power to nullify and remake the 616 in an instant ... really gods and ants here, Odin has nothing to compare.

quanchi112
as I've already stated:

'proof' can only come from a comic book encounter. we're arguing about likely outcomes based on indirect evidence and statements from sources that should/do know.

comics place Galactus several orders of power above Odin. a host of Skyfathers (including Odin) lack of significance to Celestials places Odin quite well in the scheme of things.

moreover, Galactus has shown capable of consuming the entire omniverse and with his UN he has the power to nullify and remake the 616 in an instant ... really gods and ants here, Odin has nothing to compare. When has Galactus shown this power in the 616 universe?

Again, if Thanos sent Galactus a few hundred yards I think it's safe to see he'll notice Odin. Galactus is more powerful but seeing he's no more than a speck of dust is truly an ignorant post.

SoulDevourer
Odin is SUPPOSE to be not far below Galactus

but when Doom had big G power he pwned Odin with only "minimum blast" erm

xJLxKing
Galactus is soo much stronger then Odin. It's like comparing a human with a mouse

quanchi112
Galactus is soo much stronger then Odin. It's like comparing a human with a mouse You mean more powerful. Galactus doesn't usually go around sucker punching characters.

Power Cosmic II
They don't have to react quicker when their opponent doesn't really pose a threat to them. They acted quick enough to destroy the Destroyer. You can't argue with results. Galactus isn't going to turn into some abstract ninja either.

Making Tenebrous and Aegis a perfect example. I didn't cite some ff miracle.

No, I understand the situation quite perfectly. What you fail to understand is a group vs. one threat poses a number of problems that one threat doesn't pose.

This option might be available to Galactus but I still don't see him being able to take down the 4th host in time as they could defeat him with one group attack. That's also a plot device which isn't available in this scenario.

No, going by my logic Odin isn't more powerful because of it. I never implied as such and still don't. Galactus is more powerful than Odin regardless of this feat. I don't debate based on best power feats vs. common sense. I take both into the situation and apply critical thinking.

I will take a look at it.

I think he does. The threadstarter hasn't clarified at this point.

The celstials struck at the unimind and then odin lopped of nezzar's arm. Galactus isn't the celestials he wont wait for the destroying to come brandishing his sword. And the destroyer isn't some 2000 foot tall ninja either. He wont turn into bruce wayne and cover the distance with a titanic, athletic leap and brandish his sword in one go. To think that Galactus wouldn't react and just stand their while his opponent closes the distance is foolish. It's in Galactus' character to fight long range. He's shown the ability to dodge attacks. He also can fight in close-quarters when need be. He blocks attacks with a force field. The destroyer is going hand-to-hand against that?

T&A as an example of what? They were equal in power to Galactus. It was essentially Galactus vs. 2 Galacti, whom were prepped by thanos. SS kept Aegis occupied for long enough for Tenebrous and Galactus to stalemate each other. then she entered the fray and cheap shotted him. It's not a low showing for G by any means...and I keep sensing that you are trying to turn it into that.

No what you fail to comprehend was that the fourth host wasn't fighting as a group until the comic showed that odin's attacks were fruitless. Hell the first couple of panels it was Odin with destroyer armor vs. nezzar the calculator 1 on 1. after his attacks against nezzar were fruitless they fired a volley and the destroyer was on his knee. the outcome would have been the same if it was just nezzar.

Odin wasn't in his right mind when he did it. Galactus will never do it because that's not in his character. Exhibiting collateral damage is more within the realms of 1 character than to exhibit direct damage. Is superman more likely to destroy a city by fighting doomsday in the city, or is he more likely to destroy a city from afar, that has doomsday in it? The point is it's not in the character's mindset to display wanton levels of destruction above and beyond what is called for. No body is harping about greatest feats of destruction outside of character, except perhaps for you. Your critical thinking process has flaws in it because i've refuted several of your arguments with analysis. Galactus wont destroy a galaxy for the sake of destroying it. He will destroy a galaxy in the process of combating a powerful opponent. That's been shown. That's in his character. Yet you would argue that he can't because he's never exhibited it, or you put it into question because he's never directly done it. Common sense is subjective and that's probably why you have people opposing your positions because common sense is prone to be exploited by logic and rationality. Can Galactus do it? yes. Is it in his nature? no. can Galactus dodge attacks? yes. Is it in his nature? when he deems necessary. Can Galactus transmute? yes. Is it in his nature? all the time.

Has the destroyer armor faced powerful beings before? yes. have its attacks worked in an isolated situation? No. is there any measure of how odin in the armor with the odin sword would perform against >>>skyfather beings available to us as a basis for comparison and analysis, aside from the celestial encounter? no.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>