Versatility vs Raw Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nicamarvin
Versatility vs Raw Power

if you were facing really bad odds
wich of this trait would you want on your side

a few versatile guys like top tier GLs or Raw Destructive Power like
Classic Demogorge(after eating afew Hell Demons,and Eldergods)................. confused

galactusischere
Power.

Lord Feron
Are you comparing these to things right now? Because imo I like versatility, if it is useful.

Pure power is nice but I rather not be a one trick pony. It's dumb to try to fight might with might most of the time. I like the path of least resistance. So if the gap between power is like Demogorge vs a GL, i'll take demo goge but it it was more like Immortal Herc (strength power) v.s. Jonn (take away some strngth) I would definitly pic jonn.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Are you comparing these to things right now? Because imo I like versatility, if it is useful. .... confused

quanchi112
Power, definitely.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by quanchi112
Power, definitely. Lucky you Thanos has both... sad

quanchi112
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Lucky you Thanos has both... sad I did add the tech to my person. I make my own luck.

JakeTheBank
Versatility. Through inventive thinking and power application, you can achieve most of what pure raw power can do.

Spire
Raw power.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Versatility. Through inventive thinking and power application, you can achieve most of what pure raw power can do. Hey, Hey...I DID NOT Say the BatGod with the GL ring(like if he needs one.. roll eyes (sarcastic) ) vs Raw Power.......... mad

I was talking more like Guys with multiple Powers like GL, SS, Nate or a Bunch of this guys in your team vs having a Powerful guy like Demogorge or Full Power Asguardian Destroyer on your team...

I was NOT talking about guys like DOOM or BatMan that with enough prep time could take their game to the LT if need be...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Hey, Hey...I DID NOT Say the BatGod with the GL ring(like if he needs one.. roll eyes (sarcastic) ) vs Raw Power.......... mad

I was talking more like Guys with multiple Powers like GL, SS, Nate or a Bunch of this guys in your team vs having a Powerful guy like Demogorge or Full Power Asguardian Destroyer on your team...

You don't have to be Batgod to be smart in how you apply your powerset if it's open ended.

illadelph12
Versatility + Intelligence will trump raw power if applied properly. I'll roll with versatility. The more tools you have the more situations you can handle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by illadelph12
Versatility + Intelligence will trump raw power if applied properly. I'll roll with versatility. The more tools you have the more situations you can handle. The power level involved here doesn't give versatility a chance.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by illadelph12
Versatility + Intelligence will trump raw power you can say Mephisto has those traits......YET you already know what happened...... stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
It was an example of power... not would you rather have a GL or Demogorge

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
It was an example of power... not would you rather have a GL or Demogorge I took it as power along that level. That kind of destructive power vs. versatility.

Mindship
What do you mean by really bad odds? Like in a comic, or in real life (eg, I get to fight the North Korean army)?

Raw power like eg Hulk or like Superman?

How much power do I get at all if I choose versatility?

These and other exciting questions need to be addressed before I could say which way I'd go.

Offhand, though, raw power's "shock and awe" ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.