Magneto vs. Shaman Nate Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Magneto is at full power.

Shaman Nate Grey as of Dark X-Men, which recently came out in the comic book stores.

Both are blood lusted.

Who would win and why?

cool

galactusischere
Nate

thanos-prime
Nate

pinksushi1
Keep in mind that Magneto has complete control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Also, Magneto once released a worldwide electromagnetic pulse and once stopped the planet from rotating.

"Id"
Nate stomps.

Mindset
Magneto is buffer.

pinksushi1
LOL. No explanations.

Jynocidus
Split down the middle.

pinksushi1
What? LOL.

Jynocidus
ukfc you mean "what?"

pinksushi1
What do you mean by "Split down the middle?"

Jynocidus
oh. I mean, I can't decide. I feel like for some reason they could both pull 5/5 on each other.

pinksushi1
I see. : )

pinksushi1
In Dark X-Men we saw X-Man go into pure energy state. magneto can't harm him there, I think.

Mshinu
Interesting fight..

Nate got more power of course.

However lets not forget Mags has extremely powerful shields, can create wormholes (which means he must be able to control gravity as well as electromagnetism) and is a much better battlefield strategist than Nate. He is also pretty much immune to telepathy and has defeted Jean with the Phoenix force in the past.

starlock
Shaman Nate for the win

Xplosive
Nate stomps him.

The Nuul
Originally posted by "Id"
Nate stomps. Originally posted by Xplosive
Nate stomps him.

pinksushi1
"Nate stomps him."

I wouldn't necessarily call it a stomp. Magneto did defeat Phoenix once before.

galactusischere
PIS

pinksushi1
What was PIS?

Galan007
Seems like I recall pre-Shaman Nate (albeit momentarily) shutting off Magnus' power. And if a n00bish Nate can do it, Shaman Nate could do it exponentially better.... Or he could step into Planck time and own Mags at his leisure.... Or he could manifest a psi-armor over himself AND step into Planck time -- this would effectively give him Hulk-level strength + what would be perceived as uber speed.... Or he could... Well, you get the picture.

This is Nate's fight to lose.

"Id"
Its kinda like what Zoom does. Anyhow if you want to get an idea of how, stepping in between moments would be applied in battle. Its as if Nate would all of a sudden disappear, and then conveniently reaper at the right time.

Here is Cable doing so, way back in the day. So its not really a new power set per say. But an ability he always had, that was never really used.
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6457/cable03110.jpg

pinksushi1
What would happen if Magneto tried to rip him in half?

"Id"
He can try, I doubt he can pull it off though. Nate effectively tanked a blast from a casual planet buster.

pinksushi1
Magneto can also try to shut off his powers.

Xplosive
Magneto loses 10/10.

pinksushi1
LOL. Well, it won't be that easy. 10/10 is a stretch.

Endless Mike
X-Man

pinksushi1
Any other thoughts?

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Mshinu
Interesting fight..

Nate got more power of course.

However lets not forget Mags has extremely powerful shields, can create wormholes (which means he must be able to control gravity as well as electromagnetism) and is a much better battlefield strategist than Nate. He is also pretty much immune to telepathy and has defeted Jean with the Phoenix force in the past.

I think extremely powerful telekinesis is Magneto's nightmare here.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by galactusischere
PIS

If he's referring to the Xorn instances, that wasn't PIS.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Endless Mike
X-Man

pinksushi1
I don't think that the outcome if this battle has been decided.

Xplosive
Originally posted by pinksushi1
LOL. Well, it won't be that easy. 10/10 is a stretch.

It's not a strecth. And it would be easy every single time.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Xplosive
It's not a strecth. And it would be easy every single time.

I haven't seen Nate Grey lifting something as heavy as Asteroid M? And how does nate grey defeat Magneto? This could be a stalemate. Maybe not .

"Id"
Pre-Cog, stepping in between moments, and time manipulation are vary hard to counter. Magneto has no answer to any of this.

It also does not help that Nate is among the most monstrous telepaths, and has crushed entire city in his sleep. In theory he can one shoot a moon, or destroy a planet.

His only real weakness comes from the fact that he has a glass jaw, but only if you break his concentration. If he is not accessing his powers, he is vulnerable. Problem is he can take care of that, by simply creating a psi armor.

"Id"
Quick Question, I know Nate has a history of phasing through solid objects. But did he effectively phase, when Moonstone attempted to blitz him?

pinksushi1
Pre-Cog, stepping in between moments, and time manipulation are vary hard to counter. Magneto has no answer to any of this.

It also does not help that Nate is among the most monstrous telepaths, and has crushed entire city in his sleep. In theory he can one shoot a moon, or destroy a planet.

His only real weakness comes from the fact that he has a glass jaw, but only if you break his concentration. If he is not accessing his powers, he is vulnerable. Problem is he can take care of that, by simply creating a psi armor.

What is a glass jaw?

rotiart
I don't think the moonstone incident is fair...

His history shows a how of mental illusions not true phasing... Icant remember a single issue of him phasing that wasn't revealed to be illusion or dream sequence

and the current xman is kmprised of energy that's trying to reconstitute itself... If you allow current xman then he's An energy being now...like quasar or wonderman and therefore capable of phasing
Before he had.a true physical body... And a glass jaw when his shields weren't up

but he did manage to take on qabiri.. And lose... But qabiri was a planet buster from the first earth and Nate is only from earth 611 after all

rotiart
Glass jaw refers to someone with low durability and can be taken out in a single hit or relativly few hits

"Id"
Originally posted by rotiart
I don't think the moonstone incident is fair...

His history shows a how of mental illusions not true phasing... Icant remember a single issue of him phasing that wasn't revealed to be illusion or dream sequence

I can recall at least 3 separate incidentals where Nate Phased.

Quick Question, I know Nate has a history of phasing through solid objects. But did he effectively phase, when Moonstone attempted to blitz him?

He phased and not just when she attacked him, bullseye's arrows were also going straight through him and daken couldn't cut him either.

rotiart
I have his entire original run so if you can name the issues I'll pull em up later tonight

"Id"
Here are two. There are a few more, but I cant recall the issues (all Pre Shaman).
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7503/theuncannyxmen335p10.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5460/xman047page11image0001.jpg

He is raw energy now, but he still needed to create a faux body. IMO I think he is weaker now (in his faux body), given that his body produced those massive energy levels.

rotiart
1. One shows he warped reality around him
2. Proves your point

you win.
:-)

and in like the first fire issues of dark xmen he wa having a hard time keeping his body together
when Nate grey was captured I think osborn or beast was also worries about him discorporating also? I rea it two nights ago so i'm not exact

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.