Nimrod vs. Holocaust.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Holocaust is Apocalypse's son from AOA.

Both are at full power and both are blood lusted.

Who wins and why?

Battle takes place on an interstate highway.

wink

galactusischere
Holocaust.

pinksushi1
May I ask why?

galactusischere
Actually Nimrod wins. Mainly due to being a machine designed to kill mutants.
Just like Drax being built to kill Thanos(which he eventually did)

pinksushi1
I thought that Holocaust was an energy being?

Before Holocaust, he was Nemesis, right? I don't know which of the two was more powerful.

Just for everyone to know, Holocaust's plasma blasts can reach 1 million degrees Fahrenheit. That is incredibly hot. Nimrod's robotic inbuilt systems would likely be melted and completely destroyed. Nimrod would be wise to use force-fields to protect himself from Holocaust's attacks. Furthermore, Holocaust was able to easily absorb a nuclear level plasma blast from Sunfire in AOA. I don't think that Nimrod can reach that level of power.

galactusischere
IDK maybe your right. I never liked Nimrod, Ultron was always my favourite bot.

pinksushi1
This would be a crazy battle, but seeing how Holocaust ran away from a team of Blink, Rogue and Morph? Even Sabretooth ripped his upper head area off.

Q99
Originally posted by pinksushi1

Just for everyone to know, Holocaust's plasma blasts can reach 1 million degrees Fahrenheit. That is incredibly hot. Nimrod's robotic inbuilt systems would likely be melted and completely destroyed. Nimrod would be wise to use force-fields to protect himself from Holocaust's attacks. Furthermore, Holocaust was able to easily absorb a nuclear level plasma blast from Sunfire in AOA. I don't think that Nimrod can reach that level of power.

But Holocaust absorbed that because it was heat. Nimrod would use non-heat related attacks to do damage.

And Nimrod's body is highly resilient, so even it's armor can likely hold up for some time, especially as it adapts to deal with Holocaust.

Holocaust has a chance, but I think Nimrod would take it 7-8/10.

I'll note that Rogue would do nasty things to his metal containment suit. Blink can be surprisingly nasty too.

Magneto1982
Holocaust, I doubt Nimrod would be able to defend itself against his plasma blasts.

pinksushi1
"But Holocaust absorbed that because it was heat. Nimrod would use non-heat related attacks to do damage.

And Nimrod's body is highly resilient, so even it's armor can likely hold up for some time, especially as it adapts to deal with Holocaust.

Holocaust has a chance, but I think Nimrod would take it 7-8/10."

Well, can Nimrod's body/armor endure 1 million degrees Fahrenheit? LOL. Because that is pretty hot and the circuits may get fried. Also, I believe that Holocaust was able to absorb any type of energy blast, including telekinetic blasts, but not psychic blasts. Not only that, but Holocaust can also fly at MACH-1, so Nimrod will be taking a ride in the air.

"I'll note that Rogue would do nasty things to his metal containment suit. Blink can be surprisingly nasty too."

The point is that she shouldn't be able to. Holocaust is a character who killed millions of people in AOA. Two characters should not pose a problem for him.

pinksushi1
By the way, can someone please make a Mr. Sinister vs. Nimrod thread?

Thanks. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Q99

Well, can Nimrod's body/armor endure 1 million degrees Fahrenheit? LOL.

To his armor? Yea, probably for awhile. He's taken high energy blasts before.

You do realize Nimrod is a combat android from the future with extremely advanced armor, right?

Not to mention regeneration.

Holocaust can't absorb kinetic energy, not as Holocaust, he lost a lot of his energy absorption powers when he became an energy being.

Nimrod has a wide range of attacks, there's no doubt Nimrod can hurt him.

Nimrod can also fly.

And Rogue was the right-hand person of the AoA X-men.

Here's a quote from his marvel wikia article: "Enraged, Magneto used his powers to tear Nemesis apart from the inside out. "

Rogue has Magneto-like magnetic powers in AoA.

Heck yea he should run.

pinksushi1
"Holocaust can't absorb kinetic energy, not as Holocaust, he lost a lot of his energy absorption powers when he became an energy being."

Yes, he does. That is how he was able to keep up with X-Man. Holocaust only fought X-Man, Sabretooth, ROgue, Blink and Morph, in his entire lifetime.

Q99
"Holocaust can't absorb kinetic energy, not as Holocaust, he lost a lot of his energy absorption powers when he became an energy being."

Yes, he does. That is how he was able to keep up with X-Man. Holocaust only fought X-Man, Sabretooth, ROgue, Blink and Morph, in his entire lifetime.

And the aforementioned 'being ripped apart by Mags'. Also his EXiles stuff.

Still, even if he can, Nimrod has a lot of means of attack. How about sonics? Light? Punching?

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Q99
And the aforementioned 'being ripped apart by Mags'. Also his EXiles stuff.

Still, even if he can, Nimrod has a lot of means of attack. How about sonics? Light? Punching?

Sonics won't work on Holocaust, but they would have worked on his past self, Nemesis. Holocaust is an energy being within a containment suit. The only way to defeat him is to damage that suit and make sure that he does not absorb any life forces, otherwise he could still exist as an energy being, without the containment suit.

Light? No.

Punching? LOL?

You have to realize how destructive this guy is. He destroyed all of Japan, and where else? In AOA. This guy killed millions of people.

KillAll
i think nimrod would still be able to scan him, and modify an unidentified or yet to be named weapon. he would be able to tell exactly what makes up holocaust and nullify it.

p.s., i always liked kickin the crap outta holocaust in xml2. with the juggernaut of coarse...

Q99
Sonics won't work on Holocaust, but they would have worked on his past self, Nemesis. Holocaust is an energy being within a containment suit. The only way to defeat him is to damage that suit and make sure that he does not absorb any life forces, otherwise he could still exist as an energy being, without the containment suit.

Ok, I think Nimrod could do that.

It'd work on the suit.

Yea, and Nimrod's the most powerful Mutant Hunter in DoFP, and has been responsible for killing who knows how many mutants, and unlike Holocaust they were in a much better position to fight back.

illadelph12
I'd say Nimrod. He can use sonics to shatter Holocaust's exoskeleton with shield's raised, then absorb him.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Q99
Ok, I think Nimrod could do that.

It'd work on the suit.

Yea, and Nimrod's the most powerful Mutant Hunter in DoFP, and has been responsible for killing who knows how many mutants, and unlike Holocaust they were in a much better position to fight back.

Yes, but Nimrod would have to get close to Holocaust to punch him and Holocaust would just blast him away.

"I'd say Nimrod. He can use sonics to shatter Holocaust's exoskeleton with shield's raised, then absorb him."

Nimrod's sonics can shatter exoskeletons?

Q99
Yes, but Nimrod would have to get close to Holocaust to punch him and Holocaust would just blast him away.

Ok, he can do that. He's tough enough to take even high powered blasting and strong enough to do so.

Sure. Nimrod is a very high-powered machine who can adapt his capabilities to fit his targets.

I get the idea that you don't get the combat level that Nimrod operates on.

pinksushi1
I guess so. Apparently, Exodus can take on Nimrod and defeat him.

Kris Blaze
And Exodus could not defeat Holocaust without his suit big grin

Digi
Originally posted by galactusischere
Actually Nimrod wins. Mainly due to being a machine designed to kill mutants.
Just like Drax being built to kill Thanos(which he eventually did)

Unfair analogy. Drax's purpose was conceptual. An abstract being made him capable of completing the task in a way that transcended mere power. Nimrod may have a designed purpose, but that does not mean he can always perform that function. Hyperstorm is a mutant too. Does Nimrod beat him?

To be clear, I don't have an opinion on the fight, and your assessment might be valid. But not for the reason you cite here.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
And Exodus could not defeat Holocaust without his suit big grin

All Exodus has to do is use telepathy, since Holocaust is vulnerable to telepathy.

Kris Blaze
All Exodus has to do is use telepathy, since Holocaust is vulnerable to telepathy.
Not after Onslaught worked his magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.