Science War!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
A few characters with genious level intellect decide on having a series of scientific(or something of close nature)battles, to see which one of them is the smartest of all. They all get the same amount of time/resources and PIS and CIS are off.

Contenders are:

Mr.Sinister
The Apocalypse
High Evolutinary
Brainiac(whichever is the best)
Thanos
Luthor
Dr.DOOM
Batman
Mr.Terrific
The Atom
Reed Richards

Challenges are:

Geneticts
Technology
Chemistry
Physics

And please try to list them in order for each category.

The Nuul
As Mindset would say...."Doom"

Q99
Brainiac's a serious contender even for Doom.

---

Top contenders are:
Genetics:
High Evolutinary
Sinister
Apoc

Tech:
Brainiac
Thanos
Doom
Reed
(Not necessarily in that order)

Chemistry:
Not sure

Physics:
Pretty much the same as the tech list.

JakeTheBank
Where's Pym at?

Q99
Pym rates good on physics and should likely be on the contender list too- most of his best work is particles and he also has that insane pocket-dimension hideout of his in Mighty Avengers.

Tech-wise, he's good with robots and makes some good tools, but he's below the contenders.

I think he's a good chemist too.

---

I'm really trying to think of a character who I can look at and say, "Wow, now there's a good chemist!". Peter Parker's rather good for inventing webbing but that's most of his chemistry work, and likewise there's a fair number of "impressive chemistry, but mono-focused" villains like The Trapster. Doom and Richards almost never work in that area.

Hm, actually come to think of it, Joker uses chemicals more than just about anyone else I can think of, he designed a toxin which gives people a Joker-face, he uses a variety of acids and gases, etc. (and he rates surprisingly high in genetics too- he made his 'Last Laugh' joker virus, as well as a bioplague to use on Gorilla City to blackmail Grodd).

The Nuul
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Where's Pym at?

Beating his Wife.

Q99
You know, he was going insane at the time and was immediately horrified upon doing it. Even though that gets brought up all the time, it's not really a major character trait (though arguably at this point, addressing it is).

ExodusCloak
Banner has an Itouch and Doom has Wikipedia.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
You know, he was going insane at the time and was immediately horrified upon doing it. Even though that gets brought up all the time, it's not really a major character trait (though arguably at this point, addressing it is).
Its pretty ridiculous how blown out of proportion its gotten. I mean people have all but forgiven (and forgotten) Hal Jordan's rampage as Parallax but a single incident of Pym smacking his wife while under the influence of something else is basically his most famous story point.

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Its pretty ridiculous how blown out of proportion its gotten. I mean people have all but forgiven (and forgotten) Hal Jordan's rampage as Parallax but a single incident of Pym smacking his wife while under the influence of something else is basically his most famous story point.

Yea. It's a thing some characters sometimes suffer from- they have a famous moment. So writers keep saying, "Hey, let's address it again!". And then a writer or two later, the new writer has the exact same idea.

See also J'onn trying to deal with fear of fire or being the last martian. Or Kyle dealing with the death of his girlfriend(s). Again.

JakeTheBank
^^ Agreed. Pym's more than attoned for both slapping Janet as well as creating Ultron.

Q99
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
^^ Agreed. Pym's more than attoned for both slapping Janet as well as creating Ultron.

Unfortunately Ultron sticks around and keeps causing trouble. Though *Ultron* has done a lot to atone for creating Ultron- Vision, Jocasta, Victor (and via Vision, both Wiccan and Speed arguably)... he keeps popping out those superheroes!

I wonder if they're ever going to have a family get together.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.