Cassandra Nova vs Cpt. Comet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Who wins?

Original Smurph
Has Comet ever demonstrated telepathy on Cassie's level?

psycho gundam
no

Original Smurph
Then Cassandra Nova.

Phase, mind rape.

Batman-Prime
Comet.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Then Cassandra Nova.

Phase, mind rape.

FYI, Comet has affected intangiable beings before due to his adaptability powers.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
FYI, Comet has affected intangiable beings before due to his adaptability powers. how does that protect him from telepathic assault?

Original Smurph
FYI, Comet has affected intangiable beings before due to his adaptability powers. I hate the phrase "FYI"

Anyways, I said she should/would phase as it would still increase defense. Adapting, however quickly, takes time, and that's time that she would mentally be working him over.

Galan007
Cassandra. Easily.

The Nuul
Ummm....there goes this thread.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
how does that protect him from telepathic assault?

Doesn't. Wasn't making that claim his adapability would stop telepathy.

Originally posted by Original Smurph
I hate the phrase "FYI"

Anyways, I said she should/would phase as it would still increase defense. Adapting, however quickly, takes time, and that's time that she would mentally be working him over.

FYI ( wink), he does it instantly.

Kris Blaze
This is a telepathic battle.

Comet can ONLY win if he focuses on telepathic defenses alone. Comet could like lock down his mind, and that's the ONLY way he can stand a chance here. Telepathic battle against Nova is suicide. If he receives enough knowledge to realize that she is too strong, he can do something. If not, Nova will simply plow through for a 10/10.

-K-M-
^ Pretty much.

Kris Blaze
^ Pretty much.
Yup, it essentially comes down to whether or not Comet has time to immunize himself against telepathic attacks. Because if he can get enough defenses up, Nova won't have enough to take him down.

Merlyn
Cass made an amped Chuck look like a weak n00b. Taking that into account, I would sure love to see the feat where CC has "immunized" himself against a telepath of THAT order.

Mindset
Do you care if it's done in MS paint?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Yup, it essentially comes down to whether or not Comet has time to immunize himself against telepathic attacks. Because if he can get enough defenses up, Nova won't have enough to take him down. too bad characters usually learn that when they're getting sodomized.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by psycho gundam
too bad characters usually learn that when they're getting sodomized.
There's the case of knowledge about your opponent.

As well as the other 9 fights after.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Mindset
Do you care if it's done in MS paint? That would probably be the most reliable 'proof' I'd see. stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
He forced Onimar Synn out of his mind.

Merlyn
He forced Onimar Synn out of his mind. And exactly what feats does Onimar have to his name that lead you to believe his TP is on par with an amped up Xavier.... Let alone Cassandra?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Merlyn
And exactly what feats does Onimar have to his name that lead you to believe his TP is on par with an amped up Xavier.... Let alone Cassandra?
Not his particular feats, but his power level.

Seems ridiculous to assume that say Eternity would be less of a telepath than Emma Frost, because he has no telepathic feats. On the flip side, I can see your logic of course. It would be almost equally ridiculous to assume that he is a powerful telepath. But hey, he's the only one I've seen who's been capable of overwhelming Captain Comet like that, who is a powerful telepath in his own right.

Merlyn
Seems ridiculous to assume that say Eternity would be less of a telepath than Emma Frost, because he has no telepathic feats. On the flip side, I can see your logic of course. It would be almost equally ridiculous to assume that he is a powerful telepath.

But hey, he's the only one I've seen who's been capable of overwhelming Captain Comet like that, who is a powerful telepath in his own right. Hmm, I still don't see the logic in assuming that if a character possesses enough raw power, then they should automatically be a high-order telepath. If that were the case characters like the Hulk, Juggernaut, Doomsday, etc would be uber wielders of teh TP powa... But they ain't.

I know Onimar hit Comet pretty hard with his TP, but Comet was totally unprepared for the attack yet he still managed to expel Onimar from his mind. I believe Comet also went on to say that he would be ready for subsequent mental attacks (implying that Onimar would not be able to mess with his mind again.)

Regardless though I am not downplaying Comet's mental abilities. I just don't think he has any feats (inc. the Onimar incident) that lead me to believe he would be able to combat Cassie, from a TP standpoint.

Kris Blaze
Hmm, I still don't see the logic in assuming that if a character possesses enough raw power, then they should automatically be a high-order telepath. If that were the case characters like the Hulk, Juggernaut, Doomsday, etc would be uber wielders of teh TP powa... But they ain't.

I know Onimar hit Comet pretty hard with his TP, but Comet was totally unprepared for the attack yet he still managed to expel Onimar from his mind. I believe Comet also went on to say that he would be ready for subsequent mental attacks (implying that Onimar would not be able to mess with his mind again.)

Regardless though I am not downplaying Comet's mental abilities. I just don't think he has any feats (inc. the Onimar incident) that lead me to believe he would be able to combat Cassie, from a TP standpoint.
I'm not talking about raw power, I'm talking about power level.

Hulk, Doomsday and Juggernaut are wrong examples. Better examples would be Odin, the In-Betweener and so on. Onimar Synn is faaaaar more powerful than Cassandra Nova or Comet or any of the herald guys. When an incredibly powerful character has telepathy, it's reasonable to assume that he is a powerful telepath as well. It'd be strange for his energy blasts to be really advanced, but his telepathic abilities basic. When we going high up, the telepathic abilities seem to be on line with the rest of their abilities.

Merlyn
I see the concept behind your argument, but there is a good deal of assumption behind it. Truth is, Onimar really has no uber TP feats, so Comet casting him out doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Cassandra, on the other hand, does have extremely uber TP feats.

Kris Blaze
I see the concept behind your argument, but there is a good deal of assumption behind it. Truth is, Onimar really has no uber TP feats, so Comet casting him out doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Cassandra, on the other hand, does have extremely uber TP feats.
Let's leave the power-level telepathy discussion alone, since I do not have a way of proving that's how it actually works big grin

Captain Comet is a powerful telepath, he's got some decent feats and that whole deal. Onimar Synn was clearly much too powerful for him to deal with. Even though Synn played in a different league than Comet and would by all accounts destroy him in a telepathic battle, Comet was still able to force him out. It illustrates that Comet does not necessarily have to be able to match their telepathy in order to defend against them. It is also a lot easier to set up telepathic defenses, my best example here is Tessa/Sage. Even though she had very limited telepathic abilities, she could lock down her mind in full-defense mode. A telepathic savant like Comet should be able to do this.

-K-M-
FYI (take that smurph), Synn was controlling his entire army through telepathy.

Merlyn
^ Umm, didn't his army consist of dead (or at least souless) Thanagarians? Can't imagine a zombie having much TP-resistance.

Kris Blaze
^ Umm, didn't his army consist of dead (or at least souless) Thanagarians? Can't imagine a zombie having much TP-resistance.
Which he happened to raise using will alone.

Lucifer-style.

-K-M-

No, not all of it.

Galan007
Shaddup, Mungi! Dey wer teh zombys, an u noe it!!!11! whatdur

-K-M-
Originally posted by Galan007
Shaddup, Mungi! Dey wer teh zombys, an u noe it!!!11! whatdur

Yes sir sad

Galan007
wiggle

maxivitopowe
Bump

beatboks
I'm not as familiar with Cassandra Nova but as there are questions as to the feats of Comet here are a few.

TP scanned a dimensional plane.
TP defeated the Secret Society of Super Villains (that included Grodd, Felix Faust, Wizard as I recall)
He managed to mentally control and over load the energy battery of the Earth three power Ring ( i.e Green Lantern)
Mentally sealed a temporal gateway, TK lifted a depowered space ship through it while doing so.

Almost eery instance of him using his TP came with a thought balloon that he was reluctant to do so due to morals.

The one and only instance of a poor TP showing I can recall was vs a Superman adversary called Overmind. Overmind had a helmet that granted him vast mental powers to fight Superman. When he found out about Captain Comet he thought it was a chance to make those powers his won. he used his helmet to take Comet's powers from him. DC comics presents IIRC somewhere in the mid 100's

Glorificus
Cassandra stomps.

The two are not even remotely in the same league.

Golgo13
Classic Comet wins.
Modern Comet loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.