Electro vs Black Lightning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magneto1982
Who wins?

Q99
Lightning will hurt neither, though BL is far smarter and more skilled. I bet he comes up with something.

SamZED
How powerful is BL? Electro just got a huge upgrade.

tideoftime
In terms of raw power, Electro will win in a power-to-power battle. But BL is more intelligent/clever, and a better HtH fighter, which can allow him to eke out some wins via circumstances, depending on the details of the setting. Electro 6/10, on average; higher if simply going by power, lower if Pierce can make the battle go HtH, while simultaneously mitigating Electo's power attacks.

iceman24567
H2h is fairly useless against Electro

tideoftime
Electro can take a punch, (especially by otherwise normal human strength opponents), but it still counts towards something, and Pierce might be able to make something work, over time, depending on how well he can mitigate Electro's powers (not negate, certainly, but work around/compensate just enough to try a different tactic).

AlmightyKfish
Has BL shown as much versatility with his powers as Electro?
I mean, Electro has creating plasma fields, effectively given himself magneto's powers, manipulated Spiderman's pain receptors, manipulated Xman's telepathy to prevent a mind rape, etc..

tideoftime
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I mean, Electro has creating plasma fields, effectively given himself magneto's powers, manipulated Spiderman's pain receptors, manipulated Xman's telepathy to prevent a mind rape, etc..

That's why I said if it's just power to power, Electro takes a high number. BL doesn't have near the same degree of power.

SamZED
Originally posted by tideoftime
Electro can take a punch, (especially by otherwise normal human strength opponents), but it still counts towards something, and Pierce might be able to make something work, over time, depending on how well he can mitigate Electro's powers (not negate, certainly, but work around/compensate just enough to try a different tactic).
Electro these days can turn his hole body into electricity, so punching him wont cut it any more.

I mean, Electro has creating plasma fields, effectively given himself magneto's powers, manipulated Spiderman's pain receptors, manipulated Xman's telepathy to prevent a mind rape, etc.. Wow, seriously? Didn't know about the tp thing, that's badass.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by SamZED
Electro these days can turn his hole body into electricity, so punching him wont cut it any more.

Wow, seriously? Didn't know about the tp thing, that's badass.

Yeah, X man was going to block Electro from using his powers, but then Electro screwed X's brainwaves then smashed him through the roof.

SamZED
Yeah, X man was going to block Electro from using his powers, but then Electro screwed X's brainwaves then smashed him through the roof. I always said Electro deserves more respect than he gets, and mostly it's writers fault, the char has a lot of potential. I remember a book where he shut down the entire city under his own power, took him few minutes and he did that just to for the heck of it. At least him losing to Wolverine off-pannel has been explained recently. Where did the x man pwnage happen?

AlmightyKfish
I always said Electro deserves more respect than he gets, and mostly it's writers fault, the char has a lot of potential. I remember a book where he shut down the entire city under his own power, took him few minutes and he did that just to for the heck of it. At least him losing to Wolverine off-pannel has been explained recently. Where did the x man pwnage happen?

Umm, I don't know the issue sorry =[
It was in the arc when Electro absorbed electricity from all of NYC, and it boosted his power.

S'in his respect thread I think...

-Pr-
Electro, imo.

Tha C-Master
I always said Electro deserves more respect than he gets, and mostly it's writers fault, the char has a lot of potential. I remember a book where he shut down the entire city under his own power, took him few minutes and he did that just to for the heck of it. At least him losing to Wolverine off-pannel has been explained recently. Where did the x man pwnage happen? He lost to Wolverine with the upgrade?

SamZED
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
He lost to Wolverine with the upgrade? No. His powers weren't working well recently, he lost controle over them, most of the time he was just weakened a lot. That's when he faced Wolverine according to the book and got his ass handed to him off-pannel. So Max asked some scientist to help him out to restore his powers, something went wrong, as a result he got his powers back + now he can turn his whole body into energy, travel through wires, disappear an reform somewhere else (almost like teleportation) etc. Spider-man used to beat him using rubber gloves or webbing, but now it no longer protects from Electro. Kinda makes me hope that one day he'll become as badass as Electro from Spider-man TAS

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
That's why I said if it's just power to power, Electro takes a high number. BL doesn't have near the same degree of power.

Though his simple output isn't bad- he can re-create bolts equal to natural lightning without much problem.

The main thing he has going for is, well, most of those Electro tricks won't work on him at all, he'd be immune or charged up. Wrap his hands in insulators (to increase damage) then go to town. He also knows very well about grounding, conduction, etc., better than Electro himself probably.

And also, one very real advantage against electric-form Electro is, Black Lightning can *absorb* electricity. Only one combatant here has the possibility of totally absorbing the other.

Mindset
What is the probability that BL will have more control over Electro than Electro does over himself?

I'm guessing not much.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Q99
Though his simple output isn't bad- he can re-create bolts equal to natural lightning without much problem.

The main thing he has going for is, well, most of those Electro tricks won't work on him at all, he'd be immune or charged up. Wrap his hands in insulators (to increase damage) then go to town. He also knows very well about grounding, conduction, etc., better than Electro himself probably.

And also, one very real advantage against electric-form Electro is, Black Lightning can *absorb* electricity. Only one combatant here has the possibility of totally absorbing the other.

Except, electric form Electro will have complete control over his own body, as well as the already near unlimited electrical absorbtion abilities Electro already possessed.

+ even if BL could absorb Electro entirely, he'd be having to try to contain a sentient electronic energy with malicious intent, whose control of electricity is pretty much unrivalled until we reach herald level characters.

Another thing, wrapping his hands in insulators wouldn't help if he went h2h w/ Electro, who has taken numerous blows from Spiderman and been fine, as well as being in the centre of a large gas explosion he himself caused.

And does BL have a limit to the energy he can absorb? B/c, if so, there's a good chance Electro could overload him, by absorbing, redirecting and amplifying any electricity thrown his way by BL...

SamZED
^Either that or drain BL's own energy.

Endless Mike
BL has more versatility I think

JakeTheBank
I think most of Spidey's villains have power sets, that on paper, should enable them to destroy Spidey as well as other beings at or even above his level. That's actually pretty cool that Electro got a neat upgrade; the fact that Luke Cage was about to beat the crap out of him with webgloves was just really, really lame.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think most of Spidey's villains have power sets, that on paper, should enable them to destroy Spidey as well as other beings at or even above his level. That's actually pretty cool that Electro got a neat upgrade; the fact that Luke Cage was about to beat the crap out of him with webgloves was just really, really lame.

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what Bendis was thinking with that scene, b/c if they opened up the bubble thing, Electro could have electrocuted Cage, Spidey, Spiderwoman and Cap...

Q99

And does BL have a limit to the energy he can absorb? B/c, if so, there's a good chance Electro could overload him, by absorbing, redirecting and amplifying any electricity thrown his way by BL...

I've never heard of him being overloaded.

Mindset
Have you ever heard of him NOT being overloaded? whistle

Batman-Prime
My first Marvel comic was an Spiderman issue with Captain America and Electro.
The first time i saw Black Lightining was in an PC-Superman comic where they fought an giant energy Bird.

Now that I bored the hell out of you with useless information.

Electro wins, though BL is way cooler, especially PC-BL. cool

Q99
Originally posted by Mindset
Have you ever heard of him NOT being overloaded? whistle

Yes, he's not overloaded all the time.

In WW3 (the Mageddon one, not the Black Adam one), he tried to tap into the energy field of the planet. He couldn't harness enough to do the job but it didn't overload him.

According to his DC wikia page, he can take energy form too, he just uses it a lot less often/isn't normally in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.