X-23 vs Ravager

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Q99
Hm... definitely a good fight. X-23 is the more damage resistant and, I think, agile. Ravager on the other hand has her precog flashes that just makes it hard as heck to connect even for very skilled fighters.

vansonbee
X-23 overall for sure.

Adamantium-coated, healing factor, trained from early childhood, and has actual more kills & increasing, if X-force doesn't stop.

SamZED
X because of the hf.

Q99
Still, Ravager is faster, stronger, has good weapons herself, and can literally see the future. It's really hard to actually tag her even for top-tiers. Laura stands a reasonable chance of eventually wearing her down, but this is a real fight.

And the healing factor doesn't stop the people with it from losing fights all the time. Shen Kuei took out Deadpool with a sword. I think people here overrate how much a HF helps in a martial arts duel, a major wound still takes long enough to recover from that the other person can win, it mostly just lets one ignore minor wounds and some times of injuries.

SamZED
Strength, speed is all an arguable matter and the difference isn't that big to make a difference. Mostly its about skill and durability. X can take lotsa cuts and stabs, and Ravager doesn't really see the future, she predicts her opponent's moves, its an ability that can be countered (by DS for example), doubt that X could counter it, but just saying. Also hf does make a big difference. As for Shen Kuei taking down Deadpool.. Deadpool was in a fanboy mode the whole fight.. normally it takes waaay more than a stab to overload a hf.

The Pict
Originally posted by Q99

And the healing factor doesn't stop the people with it from losing fights all the time. Shen Kuei took out Deadpool with a sword. I think people here overrate how much a HF helps in a martial arts duel, a major wound still takes long enough to recover from that the other person can win, it mostly just lets one ignore minor wounds and some times of injuries.

Actually Laura took a hail of gunfire to the face in NYX and was up and healed a couple of seconds later.

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED
Strength, speed is all an arguable matter and the difference isn't that big to make a difference. Mostly its about skill and durability. X can take lotsa cuts and stabs, and Ravager doesn't really see the future, she predicts her opponent's moves, its an ability that can be countered (by DS for example), doubt that X could counter it, but just saying.

Ravager's super abilities are IMO more noticeable than X's (and extends to an an extent to durability too).

And yes, she actually does see the future. It's in flashes so it can be overwhelmed, but it's a real precog power, it applies to stuff other than opponent's moves too.

It depends on where the stab is, doesn't it? Wasn't that one a heart stab?

Then there's Elektra and Logan.

It's somewhat inconsistent, but still, martial artists, especially if they have bladed weapons, are regularly portrayed as enough to at least temporarily put down the HF fighters.

They can take all kinds of stabs and cuts if they're in the wrong place, but get them good enough, in the right place and deep enough, and they're in trouble at least for a few seconds.

Thinking about it, X-23 probably takes this since she is really hard to hit herself and eventually an opening Ravager doesn't see will appear, but I stand by 'healing factor fighters are overrated vs other martial artists around here'.

((Also Ravager's rocket launcher would get her a win, but I doubt she's hitting with that ^^))

Prep-Man
Ravager has a good healing factor as well. She did take TNTeena and some of Static Shock's lightning. She also evaded him for some time as well. This is close, IMO.

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
Ravager's super abilities are IMO more noticeable than X's (and extends to an an extent to durability too).

And yes, she actually does see the future. It's in flashes so it can be overwhelmed, but it's a real precog power, it applies to stuff other than opponent's moves too.

It depends on where the stab is, doesn't it? Wasn't that one a heart stab?

Then there's Elektra and Logan.

It's somewhat inconsistent, but still, martial artists, especially if they have bladed weapons, are regularly portrayed as enough to at least temporarily put down the HF fighters.

They can take all kinds of stabs and cuts if they're in the wrong place, but get them good enough, in the right place and deep enough, and they're in trouble at least for a few seconds.

Thinking about it, X-23 probably takes this since she is really hard to hit herself and eventually an opening Ravager doesn't see will appear, but I stand by 'healing factor fighters are overrated vs other martial artists around here'.

((Also Ravager's rocket launcher would get her a win, but I doubt she's hitting with that ^^)) lol nah she prefers to beat the crap outta people in cqc..big grin Its not that they're overrated, its just fighters with hf tend to jobb to the ones without it, example Daredevil taking down Wolverine by a throat attack, Deadpool's been shot in the heart before (made him sing Bon Jovi lyrics), once his heart even got ripped off and he kept fighting. In a no PIC CIS fight HF should be a huge advantage. X can afford to get stabbed many times, Ravager can't. Now if it was a no hf fight, id definitely give Rose the win. Also I didn't know about her ability to see the future, but I believe that Deathstroke said she can predict her opponents moves, its not a super power, just an ability that can be countered and fooled.

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED
lol nah she prefers to beat the crap outta people in cqc..big grin Its not that they're overrated, its just fighters with hf tend to jobb to the ones without it, example Daredevil taking down Wolverine by a throat attack, Deadpool's been shot in the heart before (made him sing Bon Jovi lyrics), once his heart even got ripped off and he kept fighting. In a no PIC CIS fight HF should be a huge advantage. X can afford to get stabbed many times, Ravager can't. Now if it was a no hf fight, id definitely give Rose the win. Also I didn't know about her ability to see the future, but I believe that Deathstroke said she can predict her opponents moves, its not a super power, just an ability that can be countered and fooled.

The throat thing is a low-end, but it's not like stuff like the blade thing doesn't happen on dozens of occasions.

There's also a difference between being shot in the heart and having a sword still in it. Bullets tend to be especially ineffective against HF since the wounds are relatively minor. Concussion works, though (most have been KOed by head hits. Even healing it doesn't immediately wake them up I guess), and for a short time so do major blade wounds to the torso. Also if you even just, say, cut off an arm or hand or slice their neck open so they can't breath for even a short time, that leaves them *really* vulnerable to follow ups.

And nope, it *is* a superpower, flat out. If she gets distracted she might miss a flash, but it is a superpower. It works against, say, a bomb on a timer as much as it does an opponent's blade. Rose has also had the occasional much longer/farther visions of the future.

I think you're thinking of Cassandra Cain (who's got move reading that Deathstroke says makes her practically invincible, unless one can mess with her psychologically. Which, frankly, I don't really trust him on since he's yet to actually win against her, but that's an unrelated tangent smile ).

The Pict
Originally posted by Q99
. Even healing it doesn't immediately wake them up I guess), and for a short time so do major blade wounds to the torso. Also if you even just, say, cut off an arm or hand or slice their neck open so they can't breath for even a short time, that leaves them *really* vulnerable to follow ups.

Nothing Laura can't handle. Body slashed to ribbons (Laura allowed this to happen) by Deathstrike (a lady who knows what she's doing when it comes to slicing people up), healed a few second slater.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9784/nxm45017.th.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6268/nxm45018.th.jpg

IIRC she heals even quicker than Wolverine. Was mentioned in X-Force.

khazra
A healing factors is great against claws or a sword but ravager can still Ko x-23...

the ninjak
Originally posted by khazra
A healing factors is great against claws or a sword but ravager can still Ko x-23...

It took a good amount of hits from WWH + tied up wolverine directly to the head to knock him out!
+ better healing factor.

Can he pull that off?
I'm not familiar with Ravager.

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
The throat thing is a low-end, but it's not like stuff like the blade thing doesn't happen on dozens of occasions.

There's also a difference between being shot in the heart and having a sword still in it. Bullets tend to be especially ineffective against HF since the wounds are relatively minor. Concussion works, though (most have been KOed by head hits. Even healing it doesn't immediately wake them up I guess), and for a short time so do major blade wounds to the torso. Also if you even just, say, cut off an arm or hand or slice their neck open so they can't breath for even a short time, that leaves them *really* vulnerable to follow ups.

And nope, it *is* a superpower, flat out. If she gets distracted she might miss a flash, but it is a superpower. It works against, say, a bomb on a timer as much as it does an opponent's blade. Rose has also had the occasional much longer/farther visions of the future.

I think you're thinking of Cassandra Cain (who's got move reading that Deathstroke says makes her practically invincible, unless one can mess with her psychologically. Which, frankly, I don't really trust him on since he's yet to actually win against her, but that's an unrelated tangent smile ). Hmm.. maybe... Ether way point taken. She can see the future and its a big advantage. But hf still should be a huge advantage, even if there are few examples of characters with hf being taken down by a sword. Believe me Deadpool took MUCH worse than a blade through his thoat or heart and it didn't stop him from fighting. If X's hf is anything like Deadpool's a few stabs would be a joke for her. Also having adamantium claws is also an advantage, Ravager might see an attack coming but if it suddenly cuts through her blade like through butter when she tries to block it she wont be able to react in time. Basic knowledge shouldn't include "knowing how sharp adamantium is". Also, is it a new power for Rose? Because ive been reading Titans and teen titans for a while now but can't recall her ever using it, though I did miss some issues of the TT so its possible I missed it.

Q99
Originally posted by The Pict
Nothing Laura can't handle. Body slashed to ribbons (Laura allowed this to happen) by Deathstrike (a lady who knows what she's doing when it comes to slicing people up), healed a few second slater.

IIRC she heals even quicker than Wolverine. Was mentioned in X-Force.

Deathstrike left an opening, and Laura was still wounded and in fairly bad shape when she made her attack. I don't think she could've stood when she made that kick, and if she didn't make that kick Deathstrike would keep at it and it'd be over, Deathstrike would win.

It's not like Laura ignored the damage, it's that she won despite heavy damage. She very well could've lost that fight.
Of those hits, only the last ones look like they went very deep too.

If someone is down/drastically reduced, even for a few seconds, then even an ok fighter can press that assault to keep attacking and take them out during the opening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.