Now What?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maham
I always wondered what would happen when the series would be over.We wouldn't have anything to talk about. n here we are,still liking harry but with nothing to talk abt.but if harry potter would've been a classic (like the classics) it would've been analyzed and talked abt years afterwards too.so do you think it was over-rated? what would the fans do now that it's all over?

Unicor777
fans will move on with their lives, discover new interesting books that would preoccupy them, and from time to time remember the good time they had while reading J.K. Rowling,
unless,
JKR decides to write some sort of HP related books, pre HP era, or post

siriuswriter
sit back and watch the money keep rolling in....

it usually takes a couple of generations for a book or film to be considered "classic" like i think a classic book is something by dickens, or victor hugo, etc.

these books will always be at the head of the line on recommendation lists, because their themes are timeless, and since almost all the action takes place in a parallel world, the future will take no toll on its' credibility.

Saskaswan
J.K Rowling said she would "maybe" write up an encyclopedia about everything in the Harry Potter universe.

emoboy13
i hope they rite another book where voldemort comes back from the dead and they just rite it about him taking over the world

also hell kill harry and every1 else becuz he'll be the strongest

Saskaswan
Originally posted by emoboy13
i hope they rite another book where voldemort comes back from the dead and they just rite it about him taking over the world

Right, well that's not going to happen. Why would hell kill Harry anyway he's been good, I'm sure Heaven would come to his rescue laughing

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Saskaswan
J.K Rowling said she would "maybe" write up an encyclopedia about everything in the Harry Potter universe.

Yeah, only because someone else was writing a Harry Potter Encyclopedia and she saw a chance to make more money and sued them because she "was going to come out with one".

Saskaswan
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Yeah, only because someone else was writing a Harry Potter Encyclopedia and she saw a chance to make more money and sued them because she "was going to come out with one".

I would still buy it, although the Harry Potter Wikis out there are most likely 10 times better than any encyclopedia she writes unless she adds new information.

maham
Originally posted by emoboy13

LOl! why so anti-Harry? messed

emoboy13
Originally posted by maham
LOl! why so anti-Harry? messed

im not but i think that voldemort should just kill every1 becuz that would be cool

Originally posted by siriuswriter
sit back and watch the money keep rolling in....

it usually takes a couple of generations for a book or film to be considered "classic" like i think a classic book is something by dickens, or victor hugo, etc.

these books will always be at the head of the line on recommendation lists, because their themes are timeless, and since almost all the action takes place in a parallel world, the future will take no toll on its' credibility.

yeah i agree.

while hary potter is extremely popular, i don't think it's yet " classic"

the only reason that it's popular is because people are currently waiting for the new movie to come out.

give it a few years, it may be up with some of the dickens books

Charles19
No chance to say about him film.. Amazing...! Harry Potter Top...

ADarksideJedi
We have the movies to commenet and talk about and other stuff that was never exclaim in the books too.

jakolo
I have no idea

cpa_parkcity
It does take a while for a book to become a classic but I don't think Harry Potter will reach that. While it was a great series and be remembered, I think the audience was too young for it to become a classic.

The Phantom
Originally posted by cpa_parkcity
It does take a while for a book to become a classic but I don't think Harry Potter will reach that. While it was a great series and be remembered, I think the audience was too young for it to become a classic.

I disagree only because the audience was much larger than what you are suggesting. Plus, children grow up and sometime still love what they did when they were younger. Hell, I consider Dr. Seuss books classic (love those stories). Harry Potter has every ability to be considered such if it maintains what it has with audiences. I think minimum for something to be classic is 25 years after being published.

siriuswriter
I heard about the third book when I was twelve - someone did a book report on it and I was really confused as to why someone would name a character "Serious" and that there was an "angry" tree. But that was back in... oh... '95 or '96, so the first three books were out and not yet THE books to read. But then four, five, six, and seven I got on opening day.

But the first and second ones lend themselves to even younger audiences. It's not 'till three, or definitely four, that I started to feel that people who were younger shouldn't be reading about monsters with red eyes and no nose and big snakes and such.

Barker
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I heard about the third book when I was twelve - someone did a book report on it and I was really confused as to why someone would name a character "Serious" and that there was an "angry" tree. But that was back in... oh... '95 or '96, so the first three books were out and not yet THE books to read. But then four, five, six, and seven I got on opening day.

But the first and second ones lend themselves to even younger audiences. It's not 'till three, or definitely four, that I started to feel that people who were younger shouldn't be reading about monsters with red eyes and no nose and big snakes and such.
'95-'96? ermmnone

siriuswriter
Hmmm, let me re-figure that...

Let's see 2001 was the beginning of eighth grade... so 1999. Ah-heh.

I claim no math skills.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.