Dante's Inferno Animated Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Anyone seen this? Will likely be watching it tomorrow.

gP_baT8MPdo

jinXed by JaNx
Best animated movie I've seen since my first time watching, Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D at such a young age. The Animation is beautiful and it only begs the question...,Why can't MARVEL or DC produce similar products with all of their animated movies? (planet Hulk Hulk and Gotham Knights being the only two exceptions as of yet)

Yeah, Datnes Inferno is definitely worth checking out. It's an Adult cartoon. My favorite part was cerebus. That was creepy stuff. I can't wait to play the game now.

Kazenji
Looks alot better then the Dead Rising animated movie

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Why can't MARVEL or DC produce similar products with all of their animated movies? (planet Hulk Hulk and Gotham Knights being the only two exceptions as of yet)

I quite like the Dr Strange Movie they did.

Scythe
I'm very eager to watch this film, animation looks sick.

Kazenji
*Edit i ment Dead Space before

Robtard
Best animated movie I've seen since my first time watching, Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D at such a young age. The Animation is beautiful and it only begs the question...,Why can't MARVEL or DC produce similar products with all of their animated movies? (planet Hulk Hulk and Gotham Knights being the only two exceptions as of yet)

Yeah, Datnes Inferno is definitely worth checking out. It's an Adult cartoon. My favorite part was cerebus. That was creepy stuff. I can't wait to play the game now.

Made my nipples hard reading that, as Ninja Scroll is the shit, loved it since I first watched it when it first came out. Am watching it later today.

xJLxKing
Looks nice. When date is it coming?

Hopefully, it's not some Anime crap

jaden101
Hmmm...Nah...I'll probably swerve this one. I only really like the anime style when it's done on a topic I liked previously. For example I thought the Animatrix was excellent and furthered the canon of the Matrix stories. I also thought that Waltz with Bashir was one of the most stunning pieces of work of the decade.

This I can probably live without though. Despite having a passing interest in Dante's Inferno.

The Nuul
Just was this....I didnt like it at all. Record of the Lodoss War is much better.

Blinky
Holy-f*cking-shit. Looks awesome. I loved the epic poem, never dreamt it would inspire an animated movie. I'll be seening this.

dadudemon
I played the Demo of the game. This game looks VERY good. The anime looks quite awesome, as well.

Originally posted by The Nuul
Just was this....I didnt like it at all. Record of the Lodoss War is much better.

I found that massive movie dull, boring, and waaaaay too generic. It was pretty much a Japanese rip of The Lord of the Rings.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard
Made my nipples hard reading that, as Ninja Scroll is the shit, loved it since I first watched it when it first came out. Am watching it later today.

Have you checked out the tv series they did a while back?

Scythe
My favorite part was cerebus. That was creepy stuff.

Haha, I know right?

Nemesis X
I want to watch the movie but after knowing that there is going to be an orgy of getting shoved up demon butts, I'm too disturbed.

Kazenji
If thats the part i remembering on i thought they decided to leave that out but left it in the game or was it the other way around?

I think Nemesis X posted it.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
If thats the part i remembering on i thought they decided to leave that out but left it in the game or was it the other way around?

I think Nemesis X posted it.

They left that scene out of the game for many reasons, which is why it's added only in the movie since the mature content for movies has no limits. I only thought of posting that so I can give you guys a fair warning on what you'll see if you watch the movie.

BruceSkywalker
just saw a preview for this, looks good, but please can someone let me know if its worth buying

Impediment
I'll be renting it this weekend. If I like it, then I'll buy it. Same for the video game on PS3.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
I'll be renting it this weekend. If I like it, then I'll buy it. Same for the video game on PS3. DMC 1 and 3 were the shit, 2 was poop. Is the PS3 one part 4 or 5?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just saw a preview for this, looks good, but please can someone let me know if its worth buying

I guess it depends on how much you enjoy animation. Personally, i would buy it. The animation is beautiful, gritty and dark. It's on par, if not better than the animation featured in, DC's Gotham Knight. If you were to compare it to the MArvel animated movies, it's in a different league.

The story is loosely based on the epic poem. The story isn't the strongest aspect though. Kind of like, Vampire Hunter D, there is just enough story to justify some rousing action. It's basically a love story with Hell as the backdrop. Even though it was made to tie in as a marketing campaign with the video game, it is it's own beast. All nine levels of hell are explored, each with a very distinct theme and art style. Dante goes to Hell to save his love. So, with that said you can imagine for yourself how thin the story is. So, take that and a few previews of the animation into consideration before you buy it. If you bought any of the Marvel animated movies and enjoyed them, then you shouldn't be displeased with this one.

Impediment
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
DMC 1 and 3 were the shit, 2 was poop. Is the PS3 one part 4 or 5?

DMC 1 (PS2) was epic. DMC 2 (PS2) was shit. DMC 3 (PS2) was good, but poorly thought out. DMC4 (PS3) was passable and pretty, but very, very sloppy, period.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
DMC 1 (PS2) was epic. DMC 2 (PS2) was shit. DMC 3 (PS2) was good, but poorly thought out. DMC4 (PS3) was passable and pretty, but very, very sloppy, period. Lemme know how the next one is.

jalek moye
I enjoyed it

xJLxKing
Well I watched it. It was very good. I have to say, I didn't expect it to be very good.

Though, I do have a problem. I hate how the portrayed Lucifer. Also, what was the deal with the art? Someone times Dante and Virgil would look totally different

xJLxKing
Here is a review from IGN

Shocking how he attacked it, but I do agree. Despite that, I still liked the movie because I usually like movies where there is Lucifer vs Angels, or something like it
http://bluray.ign.com/articles/106/1068062p1.html

Robtard
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Well I watched it. It was very good. I have to say, I didn't expect it to be very good.

Though, I do have a problem. I hate how the portrayed Lucifer. Also, what was the deal with the art? Someone times Dante and Virgil would look totally different

Each chapter was done by a different artist/director, so they had different approaches as to how Dante and Virgil should look.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Here is a review from IGN

Shocking how he attacked it, but I do agree. Despite that, I still liked the movie because I usually like movies where there is Lucifer vs Angels, or something like it
http://bluray.ign.com/articles/106/1068062p1.html

It sounds like that guy totally missed the point. Either that or he is not familiar with Anime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.