Magneto vs. Vulcan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Both are at full power and both are fully rested.

Any thoughts?

cool cool

Bentley
By all rights Vulcan should rape him.

rader
Yeah... as much respect as Magneto deserves, Vulcan is just too powerful. I mean emperor of the Shi'ar Empire.

Blanket
Originally posted by rader
Yeah... as much respect as Magneto deserves, Vulcan is just too powerful. I mean emperor of the Shi'ar Empire. Pretty powerful stuff there. I mean, killing the previous one was such a nasty showing. And him being above Gladiator means something (even though, you know...).

quanchi112
Vulcan wins.

Xplosive
Vulcan stomps him.

the ninjak
Depends on where the fight takes place
either way Vulcan absorbs Erik's EM electricity.
Random shards of metal won't put Vulcan down.
if the fight took place in space it will a quick win for Vulcan. Planetary would be a spectacular display of energy being absorbed and shot back with Vulcan eventually winning.

SamZED
Wait Vulcan killed Gladiator?What the f**k?

Mshinu
Mags schools the omega level whiner

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED
Wait Vulcan killed Gladiator?What the f**k?

No. Vulcan was Gladiator's boss for awhile is I think what was being referred to.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mshinu
Mags schools the omega level whiner

You wish, Vulcan owns Mags and gives him a wedgie.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Q99
No. Vulcan was Gladiator's boss for awhile is I think what was being referred to. Yeah, cause I distinctly remember Gladiator being completely unaffected by Vulcan's power, downing him quickly, and taking one of Gabriel's eyes.

carver9
Mags win this. Gladiator had to save vulcan from a bullet coming right for his head. Magneto controls metal. Metal at high speed would be coming at vulcan from every angle.

Magneto curbstomps this match.

thanos-prime
Vulcan more than not, in an all out match i would give it to magneto

The Nuul
Vulcan has the tools to kick the shit outta Mags but I see good old experience winning here.

vansonbee
Originally posted by carver9
Mags win this. Gladiator had to save vulcan from a bullet coming right for his head. Magneto controls metal. Metal at high speed would be coming at vulcan from every angle.

Magneto curbstomps this match. Heh, if Magneto wasn't prepare, he would of got a head shot too.

carver9
Originally posted by vansonbee
Heh, if Magneto wasn't prepare, he would of got a head shot too.

That wasnt the point of my post. The point is, vulcan reaction. He wasnt able to see the bullet and mags would have things coming at vulcan at that said speed or faster from all kind of directions.

How is vulcan suppose to evade all of that?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Yeah, cause I distinctly remember Gladiator being completely unaffected by Vulcan's power, downing him quickly, and taking one of Gabriel's eyes. Vulcan was also less experienced with his powers at the time.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by quanchi112
Vulcan was also less experienced with his powers at the time. Was there another time that Vulcan and Gladiator fought? I guess I'm wondering how additional experience would help Vulcan, since his power couldn't touch Gladiator at all.

I'd be really excited to read a Vulcan/Magneto battle now. I'm having difficulty believing that Vulcan could truly stomp Magneto, but then again, I've only read Gabriel's War of Kings stuff.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Was there another time that Vulcan and Gladiator fought? I guess I'm wondering how additional experience would help Vulcan, since his power couldn't touch Gladiator at all.

I'd be really excited to read a Vulcan/Magneto battle now. I'm having difficulty believing that Vulcan could truly stomp Magneto, but then again, I've only read Gabriel's War of Kings stuff. No, there wasn't but I think it's fairly evident to see he makes progress with his powers. Glads just closed the gap on him and beat him pretty convincingly. His fight against BB showed he won't go down this easily but it really has nothing to do with Magneto anyways.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by the ninjak
Depends on where the fight takes place
either way Vulcan absorbs Erik's EM electricity.
Random shards of metal won't put Vulcan down.
if the fight took place in space it will a quick win for Vulcan. Planetary would be a spectacular display of energy being absorbed and shot back with Vulcan eventually winning.

Do you mean electromagnetic energy? I agree. However, Magneto can just continue to draw energy, power and strength from Earth's magnetic field.

I think Magneto could take this. Vulcan has more raw power and i know there is limit the size of a gap in raw power that superior tactical inteligence, finesse and willpower can overcome, but i don't think the one between magnus and vulcan is there. Magneto has the strongest will, the finest control and is the best tactician and multitasker.

Besides, the amount of energy vulcan can absorb to avoid being harmed is not limitless, BB and Havok beat the shit out of him. Polaris also used her powers effectively against him and they are all energy manipulators/blasters. The punch he took from gladiator was also kinetic energy delivered through physical contact and it blinded him.

He failed to hijack the powers of other energy wielders who were atacking him, so he can't simply wrestle control over energy from others who are already manipulating them.

Even if the battle is in space, there are EM fields and energy everywhere. The sun's magnetic field is 100 times stronger than earth's and it extends to the entire solar system, if Magnus is close enough to harvest a significant portion of that power I think he could crush vulcan or incinerate him with solar winds. Of course, said proximity might also give vulcan more thermal energy to work with, but I think magneto is more competent and would handle it better.

So all things considered I think Magnus can put the hurt on him too, after a very difficult fight though. I'd give him 5.5/10

Bentley
An amped Polaris managed to hang a little against Vulcan, Havok has the power of the sun when he overpowered Vulcan. Magneto could hang against Vulcan but would eventually and inevitably be overpowered in the end and defeated.

Vulcan can just shield himself against steel, in a straight battle against Magneto he won't be stupid enough not to.

Blanket
Isn't Vulcan's suit metal?

Bentley
Vulcan has taken enough physical punishment(Blackbolt's scream!), to plow through Mags while taking damage.

Originally posted by Blanket
Isn't Vulcan's suit metal?

No biscuits

Omega Vision
Vulcan wins. He's an OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise is dealing with serious butthurt.
stick out tongue

Peterlane-esque bullshit aside Magneto has a good shot at this.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by 753
I think Magneto could take this. Vulcan has more raw power and i know there is limit the size of a gap in raw power that superior tactical inteligence, finesse and willpower can overcome, but i don't think the one between magnus and vulcan is there. Magneto has the strongest will, the finest control and is the best tactician and multitasker.

Besides, the amount of energy vulcan can absorb to avoid being harmed is not limitless, BB and Havok beat the shit out of him. Polaris also used her powers effectively against him and they are all energy manipulators/blasters. The punch he took from gladiator was also kinetic energy delivered through physical contact and it blinded him.

He failed to hijack the powers of other energy wielders who were atacking him, so he can't simply wrestle control over energy from others who are already manipulating them.

Even if the battle is in space, there are EM fields and energy everywhere. The sun's magnetic field is 100 times stronger than earth's and it extends to the entire solar system, if Magnus is close enough to harvest a significant portion of that power I think he could crush vulcan or incinerate him with solar winds. Of course, said proximity might also give vulcan more thermal energy to work with, but I think magneto is more competent and would handle it better.

So all things considered I think Magnus can put the hurt on him too, after a very difficult fight though. I'd give him 5.5/10

Storm managed to overpower Magneto with her winds.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Vulcan wins. He's an OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise is dealing with serious butthurt.
stick out tongue

Peterlane-esque bullshit aside Magneto has a good shot at this.

And Magneto is a borderline Omega-Level mutant.

Mildor
pinksushi1 you answer your self by defining the battle at full power. Magneto limit hasnt been defined yet. Because as few lucky characters have, his potential is limited by the force he represents. In his case unlimited.

Magneto does not depend only of magnetism to be offensive heck, I dont even think he will use metal pieces of buildings cars whatever to attack Vulcan, that will be a disrespect to Mags intelligence. What he can do is been defensive and by this way im sure that will drain Vulcan power or desperate him since theres nothing Vulcan can throw that Mags havent see it before, aside that; the disruptor force of Mags will desintegrate any offensive energy before reach him or he can let his great magnetic force field (the same defense that have resist a direct hit from Galactus and Phoenix) to absorb whatever Vulcan sent. He can block any particles of the enviroment he saw useful to Vulcan to stop canalize energy Also I dont think that Magneto would aloud that Vulcan mess with his magnetic force or his brain were are talking about someone who embodies the universal force itself someone that professor X cant control and Emma Frost cant mess with.

Magneto body naturally emanates magnetism thats why that force is the easiest to wield for him, but as electromagnetism refer that also means he can use the radiation that is the force range which is: visible light (that why he can be invisible by blocking the light from his body), radiowaves, microwaves infrared, ultraviolet, X-ray & gamma ray in a lesser extent but whatever way he want to use it. He can also charges his magnetic assaults with photonic energy that purple-pink sort of plasma energy that emantes from his hands not just magnetized metals.

Other thing is instead of emanate and throw the magnetic force he could eject inward so his body could be charged, so each cell each molecule of his body could mantain a permanente input ergo a permanet output along this he makes his body increase strenght in his muscles allowing to hit harder move faster react faster increase stamina and heal faster. So the ability of Vulcan of absorb energy Mags can use it to in a specific and higher way.

The Universal Forces are law, are infinite, exists everywhere and define the existence of reality.(Here in Marvel and DC)

Even that Vulcan absorbs and manipulate diferent forms of energy electromagnetism one of it, doesnt mean he wields that force at the same level as Magneto.

Magneto will deal with this raw-power mutant in a similar way as he did against Joseph. Suposely a younger more raw power in magnetism that Magneto. Mags have a highter level of dominance over the force which is different that raw wield and achieve victory alon with experience and tactics

Really I dont see the old man beat it by the lad in any way.

All I have stated is the default Magneto of our time I could think of some abilities that could be granted to him by oficial sources such writers or fans following the logic of being a potential.

Accepted or not facts define Magneto as a level Omega and he could have been long time ago a Cosmic Level(which surpass an Omega) If writers want to make the next logical step; that Magneto surpass his human limits because he has the potentiality factor. But this could also make that lost interest for fans since it is know that god-like characters it is less material to write for and his principal enemies the X-men Avengers will not oppose a decent treat and perfect beings do not get along with popularity.

Even in his default level MAGNETO oppose treat to cosmic level beings. Vulcan what

leonidas
as is so often the case in theory vulcan should be able to work mags. but.....if we look strictly at his feats, mags would likely find a way to beat him. vulcan was such a waste. could have out omegas on the map and instead was one more screw up.

abhilegend
Magnus beat the shit out of this emo.

Hulkbuster1
Magneto killed apocalypse in future...vulcan will be begging for mercy!

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
Magneto killed apocalypse in future...vulcan will be begging for mercy!

well that and Vulcan in altenate story Vulcan beats and apprehends magneto, and mags couldn't do jack shit about it. But neither of this is admissible as evidence.

Anyway to me Vulcan has the power set to beat him and the force to contend but mags has the his experience and unusual level of "creativity" when it comes to using his powers.

Tough call. I'm gonna have to give it to Mags. Vulcan may have the ability of many types of energy but Mags is the master of one. Vulcan still has the high high possibility of winning. But if I had to bet money I put it on mags.

McNasty996
Originally posted by Lord Feron

Anyway to me Vulcan has the power set to beat him and the force to contend but mags has the his experience and unusual level of "creativity" when it comes to using his powers.

Tough call. I'm gonna have to give it to Mags. Vulcan may have the ability of many types of energy but Mags is the master of one. Vulcan still has the high high possibility of winning. But if I had to bet money I put it on mags.

This is how I feel about this match, Vulcan has the raw power but Mags has the experience. This is actually one of the great things I like about Magneto,, he can do so much with what seems so little power when compared to others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.