Shaman Nate Grey vs. Vulcan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Both at full power.

Shaman Nate Grey from the recent "Dark X-Men" comic book issue that just came out.

eek! eek!

the Darkone
Nate all the way!

starlock
Shaman Nate for the win

I think Nate wins, he seems less constrained by the boundaries of the physical world.

While Vulcan could partially repair his body in his fight against BB he was incapacitated and left in bad shape during the fight, probably killed in the end. NG's energy output should at the very least match BB's, not to mention surpass Vulcan's.

Shaman on the other hand is essentially a noncorporeal psionic entity that can reform that quasi-solid body of his at will by drawig energy from the astral plain, so even physical desintegration won't actually destroy him. In fact, it probably won't even put him down for the count.

He can ignore most physical assaults including those energy based by becoming insubstantial, as most forms of energy would still require making contact with a material object to alter it.

He can step between moments leaving the timeflow to analyse a situation and return wherever, whenever he wants to attack. Vulcan hasn't done anything to let one belive he can follow NG there.

His TP is monstruous and even if Vulcan's energy manipulation gives him defense against a mind rape it will not allow him to wrestle control over NG's psionic energy output from him, seen as he couldn't do it to BB's or polaris' respective powers and NG's control over psionics is even more impressive.

Add clairvoyance and the tactical geniality he displayed in dark x-men to that and Vulcan is done.

In the end Vulcan while obscenely powerfull is just an annoying, spoiled problem child throwing tantrums and getting his ass kicked by adults.

The Nuul
Nate stomps.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by 753
I think Nate wins, he seems less constrained by the boundaries of the physical world.

While Vulcan could partially repair his body in his fight against BB he was incapacitated and left in bad shape during the fight, probably killed in the end. NG's energy output should at the very least match BB's, not to mention surpass Vulcan's.

Shaman on the other hand is essentially a noncorporeal psionic entity that can reform that quasi-solid body of his at will by drawig energy from the astral plain, so even physical desintegration won't actually destroy him. In fact, it probably won't even put him down for the count.

He can ignore most physical assaults including those energy based by becoming insubstantial, as most forms of energy would still require making contact with a material object to alter it.

He can step between moments leaving the timeflow to analyse a situation and return wherever, whenever he wants to attack. Vulcan hasn't done anything to let one belive he can follow NG there.

His TP is monstruous and even if Vulcan's energy manipulation gives him defense against a mind rape it will not allow him to wrestle control over NG's psionic energy output from him, seen as he couldn't do it to BB's or polaris' respective powers and NG's control over psionics is even more impressive.

Add clairvoyance and the tactical geniality he displayed in dark x-men to that and Vulcan is done.

In the end Vulcan while obscenely powerfull is just an annoying, spoiled problem child throwing tantrums and getting his ass kicked by adults.

Wouldn't Vulcan just absorb all of Nate's TK/TP energy?

I don't think so. BB, Havok and Polaris are all energy manipulators/blasters and have successfully used their powers against him. BB probably killed him and havok almost did so too - and althoguh he was unuasually charged up I don't think his energy output surpassed the shaman's.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by 753
I don't think so. BB, Havok and Polaris are all energy manipulators/blasters and have successfully used their powers against him. BB probably killed him and havok almost did so too - and althoguh he was unuasually charged up I don't think his energy output surpassed the shaman's.

Well, they are both Omega-Level, so their energy outputs should be indeterminable.

I meant that Havok was unusually charged up when he went up against Vulcan and almost killed him, he was sun dipped. But his enrgy output still did not surpass NG's. Anyway the point is that vulcan can't indefinetly absorb energy projected at him to avoid the damage. Look at how f'ed up he looked in the fight against BB.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.