Emma Frost (Diamond Form) vs. Sebastian Shaw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Who wins and why?

the ninjak
Stalemate until Emma puts the Diamond form down.
Unless Emma just never punches Shaw and just puts his head in a bucket of water and suffocates him to death. eek!

pinksushi1
Originally posted by the ninjak
Unless Emma just never punches Shaw and just puts his head in a bucket of water and suffocates him to death. eek!

She has to use diamond form in this battle. Can Shaw become strong enough to shatter diamonds? Shaw might become richer than he already is.

the ninjak
Originally posted by pinksushi1
She has to use diamond form in this battle. Can Shaw become strong enough to shatter diamonds? Shaw might become richer than he already is.

How about the bucket of water thing.

pinksushi1
What?

Wei Phoenix
If she has to stay in diamond form then there's no way Shaw can lose, I don't know the extent of her physical durability to say how strong Shaw would have to get to harm her and put her down and that's if she can feel physical pain while in her diamond form.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
If she has to stay in diamond form then there's no way Shaw can lose, I don't know the extent of her physical durability to say how strong Shaw would have to get to harm her and put her down and that's if she can feel physical pain while in her diamond form.

I don't think that she can feel physical pain and I think that there is only one weak spot on her diamond form.

Original Smurph
Does she tire in her diamond form?

Wei Phoenix
No, she doesn't tire in her diamond form, I just don't know if she's physically immune to high end physical damage.

the ninjak
What?

O.K.
Don,t punch Shaw so he doesn't have enough energy in his reserves to be much of a threat.
Take him by the neck and drown him.
problem solved.

pinksushi1
No, she doesn't tire in her diamond form, I just don't know if she's physically immune to high end physical damage.

I don't think that she can be knocked out in diamond form.

Q99
Can Shaw become strong enough to shatter diamonds?

Certainly not if she doesn't punch him, which she won't.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
Certainly not if she doesn't punch him, which she won't.

But Shaw can punch her.

pinksushi1
But Shaw can punch her.

But not KO her.

the ninjak
Emma being a previous partner of Shaw's would know exactly how to handle him if stuck in diamond form.
Take Shaw's punches until he begins to drain. Falling with the punches.
Never punch back.
When Shaw is weakened grab him by the neck and drown him ......that or just squeeze his nose and mouth until he suffocates to death
Problem solved cool

Q99
But Shaw can punch her.

Weak, puny little punches.

King Kandy
They won't be able to hurt each other if both fight smart. Maybe Shaw will starve to death after a while.

Q99
Originally posted by King Kandy
They won't be able to hurt each other if both fight smart. Maybe Shaw will starve to death after a while.

There is the 'get Shaw to water and drown him' thing. Emma can't punch him but there's a lot she can do.

Original Smurph
She could probably suffocate him...

pinksushi1
Originally posted by King Kandy

He will eat some sandwiches.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
Weak, puny little punches.

You have any idea what happens when a man that can absorb kinetic energy punches organic diamond?

Q99
You have any idea what happens when a man that can absorb kinetic energy punches organic diamond?

Yes. He absorbs kinetic energy equal to the strength of his punch.

It's not like there's more KE for punching diamond than, say, stone.

the ninjak

I must admit I've never seen it happen before stick out tongue

Q99
He can charge up a little from punching, but there's not much stopping Emma from grabbing him and stopping that from going on.

Konton
Yeah, Emma is pretty much invulnerable here.
She's never been KO'd in diamond form before.
She doesn't feel physical or emotional pain in it.
Her strength levels are unknown.
She doesn't tire.

She has only ever taken damage when exploiting her teeny tiny flaw.

She'll find a way.

Originally posted by the ninjak

If she left the diamond form she would easily subdue him with telepathy. Drowning him would work, just holding his mouth and nose shut with her hands might do it and I don't think she breathes in diamond form so he cant do it to her.

Kris Blaze
Emma knows Shaw's abilities and is way too smart to be goaded into a fight. She would win it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Konton

Cyke did KO her with one blast to the head.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He KO'd her through the kitchen and into the bedroom.

StiltmanFTW
laughing

The Pict
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
He KO'd her through the kitchen and into the bedroom.

laughing out loud

Wei Phoenix

Was that like an optic donkey punch?

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Konton
Yeah, Emma is pretty much invulnerable here.
She doesn't feel physical or emotional pain in it.
Her strength levels are unknown.
She doesn't tire.

She has only ever taken damage when exploiting her teeny tiny flaw.

She'll find a way.

Emma;s diamond form is not flawlesss. Only the Stepford Cuckoos are

galactusischere
How strong is emma in her diamond form??

ExodusCloak

That was only after Emma's powerset was altered by cosmic rays and made her The Diamond Thing.

As for the fight, it depends if his base levels are able to take piercing attacks. Then again there's not much he can do to her so probably a stalemate until Shaw gets hungry and dies of starvation.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That was only after Emma's powerset was altered by cosmic rays and made her The Diamond Thing.

Correct. But one would argue that made her even more durable stick out tongue

Lord Feron
Optic Donkey Punch lol

IMO Shaw is a better fighter (yes emma is clever but in a kmc arena stuck in diamond form, i don't see much that she can work with). IMO Shaw can get to a point where he will eventually be able to break her.

Also if he needs a little added strength, he can always just pound the ground to get his power up. Nothing She can really do about that.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I see Shaw winning here.

Kris Blaze
She can rip those arms right off him no expression

ExodusCloak
Correct. But one would argue that made her even more durable stick out tongue

She was partly made of whatever rock the Thing is made of. erm If anything that would be less durable seeing how he gets chunks of his face broken off from time to time.

Mindset

As for the fight, it depends if his base levels are able to take piercing attacks. Then again there's not much he can do to her so probably a stalemate until Shaw gets hungry and dies of starvation. According to wiki when he has absorbed enough energy he doesn't need to eat.

smile

StiltmanFTW
She can rip those arms right off him no expression

Sabretooth could do the same! eek!

She was partly made of whatever rock the Thing is made of. erm If anything that would be less durable.

You have no proof. Her appearance changed, yes, but I wouldn't say she became a mix of orange rock and diamond...

Kris Blaze
She was partly made of whatever rock the Thing is made of. erm If anything that would be less durable seeing how he gets chunks of his face broken off from time to time.
Eh. I can only recall Doom's magic-peons doing that when they beat on him for a day. You're not seriously implying that Emma's durability is above The Thing's?

pinksushi1
Emma's diamond form is not flawless, so it is possible that Shaw can crack or shatter it.

StiltmanFTW
He wouldn't have boasted that perhaps he could bend adamantium if he had never broken diamond...

pinksushi1
Can Emma be KO'ed in her diamond form?

Emma's diamond form is not flawless, so it is possible that Shaw can crack or shatter it.

But the flaw it does have, like every other diamond, is very small and he would not know how to find it, not to mention he probably would not have the strengh to hit it in a way she shatters. It took a diamond bullet to do it.

StiltmanFTW
Can Emma be KO'ed in her diamond form?

Summers did.

the ninjak
If Shaw hit Emma hard enough to possible crack her she would just go flying!........recover and get up unharmed.
Shaw will never break Emma unless he had her up against a wall or pinned on the ground.
Which would give Emma better opportunities to sever his air supply .
Shaw can throw Emma around like a ragdoll. It wouldn't matter sooner or later his reserves will weaken and Emma can just suffocate him to death.

StiltmanFTW
When Shaw punches someone, he becomes stronger too.

the ninjak
Depends on how much power Shaw brings to the fight.
If fully charged Emma would have to find a method to drain him while subdued .....like wrapping a rubber hose around his arms. Tough Fight.

But if he enters the fight at depleted energy reserves Emma can just suffocate him.

Original Smurph
Emma rips his head off.

Philosophía
Can Emma use gravity to her advantage (like a building) or does she have to punch him ?

the ninjak

Philosophía
masterbruce has my back.
Originally posted by Starscream M
even if shaw absorbs kinetic energy from creeds swipes, gravity and momentum should still allow shaw to get cut up

the ninjak
Originally posted by Starscream M
even if shaw absorbs kinetic energy from creeds swipes, gravity and momentum should still allow shaw to get cut up

Momentum is just fuel for the fire. It's Kinetic Electricity.

Lord Feron
Sure he can get cut, I mean he tangos with logan all time and gets sliced but doesn't really slow him down much.

ExodusCloak

You have no proof. Her appearance changed, yes, but I wouldn't say she became a mix of orange rock and diamond...

Except Nightcrawler got invisiblity, Gambit got Torch's powers and Wolverine got stretching powers. Plus Emma has taken Scotts blasts before. Not to mention the fact that Emma was shattered and was still conscious.

Eh. I can only recall Doom's magic-peons doing that when they beat on him for a day. You're not seriously implying that Emma's durability is above The Thing's?

Shatterstar did it with a dumbell. X-Factor #200.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3897/xfactor200page36.th.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/i/xfactor200page37.jpg/
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8890/xfactor200page38.th.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Except Nightcrawler got invisiblity, Gambit got Torch's powers and Wolverine got stretching powers. Plus Emma has taken Scotts blasts before. Not to mention the fact that Emma was shattered and was still conscious.

Don't you think her color would change if it really were a mix?

Anyway, you convinced me. Could you post the scans?

ExodusCloak
Don't you think her color would change if it really were a mix?

Anyway, you convinced me. Could you post the scans?

Her physiology changed that was stated by Mr. Fantastic IRRC. Which ones the X-Fantastic Four Hybrids? The many times Scott blasted her and or used her as a projectile or the one time where Rogue stole both their powers and used her Diamond Form to diffract Scotts blasts or the one where her consciousness was still clinging to her body after Esme controlled Beak to shoot her flaw with a Diamond bullet? Or did you mean the Thing/Shatterstar thing. Already posted that above.

StiltmanFTW
Her physiology changed that was stated by Mr. Fantastic IRRC. Which ones the X-Fantastic Four Hybrids? The many times Scott blasted her and or used her as a projectile or the one time where Rogue stole both their powers and used her Diamond Form to diffract Scotts blasts or the one where her consciousness was still clinging to her body after Esme controlled Beak to shoot her flaw with a Diamond bullet? Or did you mean the Thing/Shatterstar thing. Already posted that above.

I'd like to see Emma withstanding optic blasts and her still being conscious after getting shattered. I've seen the one with Rogue. Thanks in advance.

Konton
Scans of Emma taking open eyed, uncontained optic blasts at point blank range are in the respect thread somewhere. She is sometimes written to refract the blast instead of take the impact.

She HAD to be conscious after being shattered because otherwise Jean putting her body back together would have meant nothing without a mind to inhabit it. IIRC Jean sensed the lingering presence of Emma's mind.

The Pict
How fast can Shaw move when he's absorbed enough energy? Potential BFR on the cards.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Pict
How fast can Shaw move when he's absorbed enough energy? Potential BFR on the cards.

Booster Gold would say that he's faster than Flash!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.