The Ultimate Sacrifice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Superman, Hal Jordan, Silver Surfer, and Thor have been summoned by a mysterious entity.

He gives them this ultimatum: Decide amongst yourselves who shall sacrifice his life so that both of your respective universes shall survive!

The heroes discuss amongst themselves who should give up his life. Naturally, all of them volunteer their own life. But in the end, they must agree on one person.

Who would it be and why?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Starscream M
Superman, Hal Jordan, Silver Surfer, and Thor have been summoned by a mysterious entity.

He gives them this ultimatum: Decide amongst yourselves who shall sacrifice his life so that both of your respective universes shall survive!

The heroes discuss amongst themselves who should give up his life. Naturally, all of them volunteer their own life. But in the end, they must agree on one person.

Who would it be and why? wont be thor..... cool

rotiart
Wow... I see surfer and superman willin to sacrifice their lives
Hal and Thor are more the kind that are willing to die in battle

in the end I surfer would be the one to go between him and superman
superman is seen as the de facto leader of dc. The morale loss would be astronomical... Whereas surfer would see his sacrifice as a way to repent for sins past... Hal could be said to make the same argument...

But surfers noble nature is one of the greatest if not the greatest in comics
and I think surfer would think that while powerful... He isn't a leader like warlock or Thor

Starscream M
Nice case Rotiart.

I do see a case for Hal though. He's the only mortal...Surfer and Thor and Superman could potentially have a much longer lasting beneficial effect on the Universe.

And knowing Superman, being the boyscout he is, I could see him pulling a Bruce Willis manuever ala Armaggedon.

The Nuul
Supes cares a lot more for people etc... SS is always in space and doesnt deal with people much etc...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by The Nuul
Supes cares a lot more for people etc... SS is always in space and doesnt deal with people much etc...
well t be fair he was a long time in space simply to lead Galactus to empty planets to devour instead of populated ones.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Parmaniac
well t be fair he was a long time in space simply to lead Galactus to empty planets to devour instead of populated ones.

Corret! and thats the problem with SS. Supes easily wins this.

rotiart
Surfers first act of nobility?
He offered himself up body and soul to save the people of Zenn la from galactus

after regaining a semblance of his soul... Surfer having been on earth for mere days chose to defy his master and again was willing to sacrifice his life for the earthlings

Superman stays on earth because he feels bound to protect his homeland
surfer soars the spaceways... To defeat the overlord surfer absorbed billions of souls risking himself body and mind in order to free them

surfer has been literally to he'll and back to save mortals

when it comes to sacrifice without putting up your fists surfer is king. He's the pacifist with power. A space paladin.

the ninjak
SS sacrifices himself and is resurrected 10 mins later in Galactus' palm.

Lord Feron
I agree with rot, SS imo would be ideal.

Mshinu
Probably Surfer, the others have more leadership duties and such.

If Optimus Prime was there there would be no question..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.