Most Lives Saved

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Which superhero has been directly responsible for the most number of lives (human or otherwise) saved from death?

rotiart
Thanos

Starscream M
Originally posted by rotiart
Thanos not a superhero.

rotiart
Originally posted by Starscream M
not a superhero.

Says you!! mad

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
not a superhero. In his last story he was.

Galan007
Superman has saved the omniverse:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3449/supes1.th.jpg

Beat that. peaches

Q99
Why would a phantom planet threaten the omniverse anyway?

Hm, now, at first I was thinking direct lives saves and not cosmic stuff, but that Superman scan made me think. Who has save universes/multiverses the most?

One that comes to mind is the EXiles. Most of their missions completely save, at the least, a significant chunk of an Earth if not an entire Earth, they have saved realities, and they do prevent cascade failures taking down the multiverse.

---

I think whether you're talking 'save via cosmic repair' or 'save via defeating a direct threat', Superman's going to come out on top either way.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Q99
Why would a phantom planet threaten the omniverse anyway It's DC everything threatens the omniverse and every battle shakes the multiverse shifty

Bentley
That's one shaky multiverse.

kgkg
Really hard to quantify

Heroes who stop cosmic threat must rank at the top.

xJLxKing
Superman. After all, it's his job

Original Smurph
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman. After all, it's his job Sometimes we forget that Superman's the only hero who saves lives...

Starscream M
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Sometimes we forget that Superman's the only hero who saves lives... no, he said it was superman's job. other heroes save lives as a recreational hobby.

that's the distinction. stick out tongue

kgkg
Superman gets paid to save lives?

the ninjak
Would have to be a DC character....they are so fast!
Supes has been around longer than Flash.
So I go Supes.
Marvel = Thanos New York = Spidey

KuRuPT Thanosi
Supes and by a wide margin

Silent Master
Hawkeye

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Sometimes we forget that Superman's the only hero who saves lives...
No one does it as efficient as Superman. When the multi-verse is in trouble, who do you call? Superman
When the Omni-verse is in trouble, who do you call? Superman
When the city is in trouble, who do you call? Superman.

Who is almost in very huge event? Superman

Bentley
Green Arrow.

His comic with Speedy really showed readers an important lesson about drugs!

Original Smurph
No one does it as efficient as Superman. When the multi-verse is in trouble, who do you call? Superman

Who is almost in very huge event? Superman If the omniverse was in trouble, your first line of defense would be Superman? Really?

F*ck your omniverse.

Anyways, the point was that the reasoning "it's his job!" is inane, as that reasoning applies to pretty much every single hero.

psycho gundam

Who is almost in very huge event? Superman mary sue's are played out

if i had a shot at writing superman i'd have him get fed up with the constant bullshit

Omega Vision
Superman, especially if that includes all versions since E2 Superman finished off the Anti-Monitor and Superman stopped Mandrakk from consuming all stories.

Endless Mike
Swamp Thing saved all of creation from the GEB

SamZED
We talking direct lives saving? No cosmic stuff? In that case Flash I guess, how many people did he save during that nuclear explosion?
Also in MK they said Spider-man DIRECTLY saved over 10000 people. Not bad for 10 years and a streetleveler. And that's not counting the cosmic stuff, diactivated bombs and prevented accidents.

Warlord
Originally posted by Galan007

Beat that. peaches

lol @ a human vibrator saving the omniverse...good stuff DC...

anyway Batman wins this thread

SamZED
btw how many times did the FF save the universe with some crazy invention they pulled out of Reed Richard's ass?

-Pr-
Superman in FC, probably.

Warlord
does the spectre count?

Blanket
Originally posted by Warlord
does the spectre count? He's probably killed as much as he's saved.

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED
We talking direct lives saving? No cosmic stuff? In that case Flash I guess, how many people did he save during that nuclear explosion?

I wonder about Kyle Rayner. He stopped a supernova inside an inhabited system in JLA 1 Mil (as in, at *least* 9 fully populated worlds including future Earth), and has stopped at least one, probably multiple nukes.

Being part of the Morrison JLA was a good way to wrack up saves, they did a *lot* of big stuff.

manx422
Superman

Warlord
Originally posted by Blanket
He's probably killed as much as he's saved.

they smokin'

Philosophía
Superman saved the concept of story from Mandrakk.

Bouboumaster
Thanos recreate the multi-verse in Marvel: The End (After destroying it, but still)

Surfer by taking the big G on planet with no/little life on it, instead of, let say, Earth.

Superman save people on Earth since the 30s.

etc.

Mindship
Originally posted by Galan007

Thus, why you'll never hear, "This is a job for ."

wink

Q99
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos recreate the multi-verse in Marvel: The End (After destroying it, but still)

Doesn't that even out to 0?

Digi
The Doctor might have a claim. He's saved the universe multiple times, planets countless times, and his canon's multiverse at least once or twice.

Kal's hard to beat, though. Even discounting that suspect earlier scan where a planet was threatening the omniverse, there's FC to consider and his considerable history.

the ninjak
Bishop?
Time Traveling extremist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.