Ares vs Zoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Ares(Marvel)

vs

Zoom(Hunter Zolomon)

Fight in an arena to KO or death, who takes it?

WhiteWitchKing
Ares. Zoom thinks he's faster than Ares only to get close enough for Ares to choke him with one hand.

Wild Shadow
Ares.. zoom would run around in his own temporal window and as soon as he got close ares would surprise him by breaking through it and choking him...

Galan007
Zoom.

Granted Ares has stepped in the 'Planck length between moments' which should, in theory, allow for Zoom-level speeds. However, he's never actively utilized such a tactic to gain a speed edge over any opponent(s).

psycho gundam
did i miss something here? ares did what?

Galan007
He battled Nate Grey in the Planck length between moments (scans in the Ares/Nate respect threads.)

Wild Shadow
why does he need to? its not his main power but it is obvious he can see through time and actively step out and enter someone else's temporal window.

why does he need to run around to prove a power he has already shown to possess simply to re affirm his ability?

he isnt a runner..... its like asking X man, cable, exodus and Stryfe to run the globe just to prove they can step inbetween the moment...........

Galan007
^ True. I guess the trick would be doing that before he was blitzed to all hell. Remember, it took Ares a little bit of time to find Nate -- more than enough time for Zoom to capatalize, imo.

Blanket
Originally posted by Galan007
^ True. I guess the trick would be doing that before he was blitzed to all hell. Remember, it took Ares a little bit of time to find Nate -- more than enough time for Zoom to capatalize, imo. Because Nate essentially left the battlefield. Zoom will be right there. There mere fact that he knew what Nate was doing, should allow him to know what Zoom's doing as well.

Plus it'd be interesting to see how even the first blitz attempt would work since if it's a time manipulation power, then how would it affect him if he can simply step into it, and should theoretically allow him to see Zoom as basically travelling as fast as a human.

meh

Galan007
^ He/they didn't leave the BF, he/they just stepped in between moments of time.

Could very well happen... I'm not entirely sure either way, tbh. I think it was more of a one-time plot device ability than anything, but that's just me.

Blanket
^ He/they didn't leave the BF, he/they just stepped in between moments of time.

Could very well happen... I'm not entirely sure either way, tbh. I think it was more of a one-time plot device ability than anything, but that's just me. Like I said, 'essentially left the battlefield'.

Of course it was a one time power (not often you fight time manipulators). Doesn't change anything here though.

Parmaniac
Maybe they let him do that stuff to use it as an explanation to later revive him from the dead

Wild Shadow
Olympians dont just die... they can regenerate or brought back by their fellow god's i see no reason why some of his god's wouldnt bring him back or help him reconstitute himself

Galan007
Originally posted by Blanket
Like I said, 'essentially left the battlefield'.

Of course it was a one time power (not often you fight time manipulators). Doesn't change anything here though. I don't think he actually left the physical battlefield though..?

I'm not saying Ares cannot use that ability against Zoom. I'm saying that the chances of him doing so before he starts getting blitzed are slim. Just my opinion.

Q99

I'm not saying Ares cannot use that ability against Zoom. I'm saying that the chances of him doing so before he starts getting blitzed are slim. Just my opinion.

Yea. Ares can't really take the kind of punishment Zoom can dish out.

Lord Feron
Interesting, based off of what Ares did with nate and entered into his "timestream" use that word lightly; I think Zoom would think he is going really fast and he is going to punch Zoom, only to have Ares feel a punch of a normal man.

Reason i believe this is because Zoom's powers is base of him manipulating his own local time making him seem faster then everyopne elses normal time. But when he tries to manipulate his speed and punch Ares, ares will be able to go into his local timestream, and in imo if you are wherever he is in his own time, he does not have powers. It would be ares fighting a normal man at normal speeds.

Mshinu
Zoom changes his name to Owww after this

Batman-Prime
Zoom still stomps IMO

Omega Vision
Zoom.
I don't think he actually left the physical battlefield though..?

Hey Galan, nice sig.

Galan007
^ Thanks! The Nuul did a great job with it.

Omega Vision
^ Thanks! The Nuul did a great job with it.
Alucard is one bad mofo.

Parmaniac
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1086/galan.png cool

Galan007
Dude, you could have just asked as a text reply, but yes. stick out tongue

Parmaniac
that would have been to easy cool

Galan007
Originally posted by Parmaniac
that would have been to easy cool Touche.

psycho gundam
He battled Nate Grey in the Planck length between moments (scans in the Ares/Nate respect threads.) oh yeah, i have the issue here somewhere.

not sure how these abilities would play out, ares might be immune to zoom, but then again zoom`s powers are complete bs and might be totally unaffected. *shrugs*

Blanket
I don't think he actually left the physical battlefield though..?

I'm not saying Ares cannot use that ability against Zoom. I'm saying that the chances of him doing so before he starts getting blitzed are slim. Just my opinion. Essentially left the battlefield as in he wasn't there for anyone to see. Otherwise he would have left his body there to get demolished?

But I'm saying that if this is Ares' power, then the blitzing might not even come if he's able to so easily wade through time. As well as him able to know Nate's in time, then it would seem as this is just an easy power to pull off, and may seem as though he'd see Zoom as normal speed the whole time.

quanchi112
^ Thanks! The Nuul did a great job with it. I thought someone else made that sig.

Colossus-Big C
wait why cant zoom speed blitz/beat up ares like he does flash?

Mindset
Might help to read the first page.

Colossus-Big C
i looked at the scans, so nate was in basically all time future and past at once? and ares just steped in it. that being said ares can time travel..

-K-M-
Zoom doesn't manipulate time like Nate did, and Zoom only does it for himself not an area so I don't see how Ares could repeat the Dark X-Man feat to be honest

Colossus-Big C
ares is an abstract, hes the embodiment of war

psycho gundam
too bad he's not

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
ares is an abstract, hes the embodiment of war What?

galactusischere
Ares has done some crazy feat that I haven't heard of?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by galactusischere
Ares has done some crazy feat that I haven't heard of? on the fight with nate it was revealed that he has time manipulation powers, and hes the embodiment of war in the past present and future

Q99
He's still a mere class 70, and much below DC Ares (who at his peak might reach low-Skyfather, not abstract).

Lord Feron
He is not a abstarct but nate did say he was unique. He was constant in all timestreams. Not sure what that means completely but atleast we know time manipulation of any sort will not work on Ares.

As i said before if Zoom tries to make physical contact I don't think Zoom time amped punches are going to have the effect Zoom think it would. It would be a punch of a normal man imo.

galactusischere
About time Ares got some respect/high feat.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Feron
He is not a abstarct but nate did say he was unique. He was constant in all timestreams. Not sure what that means completely but atleast we know time manipulation of any sort will not work on Ares.

As i said before if Zoom tries to make physical contact I don't think Zoom time amped punches are going to have the effect Zoom think it would. It would be a punch of a normal man imo.

But Zoom's time thing does not affect his target at all. Pretty much the opposite- if it did, it wouldn't hurt so much.

Galan007
Essentially left the battlefield as in he wasn't there for anyone to see. Otherwise he would have left his body there to get demolished?

But I'm saying that if this is Ares' power, then the blitzing might not even come if he's able to so easily wade through time. As well as him able to know Nate's in time, then it would seem as this is just an easy power to pull off, and may seem as though he'd see Zoom as normal speed the whole time. I'm saying that I don't think they actually left the physical battlefield at all. I mean, if they stepped outside of the timestream/in between moments, that would have just frozen time around them, no?

Could be. But time isn't frozen around Zoom (like it was around Nate), but rather, Zoom is contained within a time-bubble that exists ahead of the normal timestream -- so Ares would have to single out, and step into, said time-bubble before he could do anything. Aside from that, even if Ares were capable of the above (big IF imo), he would have to do so within the first few attoseconds of the match, or else Zoom would have already tagged him multiple times... And I don't think Ares' thought/reaction speed is THAT amped.

*shrugs*

Colossus-Big C
well if ares knows zooms powers he would be ready to step in

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99
But Zoom's time thing does not affect his target at all. Pretty much the opposite- if it did, it wouldn't hurt so much.

Well not directly. BUt the reason he can move so fast and punch so hard is because he is in his own little timestream which he can always be a touch ahead of "faster." The thing is that by making contact with the outside world he is bringing his timeline which is "faster" to create influence on the normal time. Since Ares is how nate said "constant" in past and present no matter what I think Ares is unique in a way that Zooms powers should not work on him.

I mean there is a way around this, Zoom can try to rip up the battlefield and throw Stuff at ares at great speeds. I mean zoom can win that way.

Lord Feron
I'm saying that I don't think they actually left the physical battlefield at all. I mean, if they stepped outside of the timestream/in between moments, that would have just frozen time around them, no?

Could be. But time isn't frozen around Zoom (like it was around Nate), but rather, Zoom is contained within a time-bubble that exists ahead of the normal timestream -- so Ares would have to single out, and step into, said time-bubble before he could do anything. Aside from that, even if Ares were capable of the above (big IF imo), he would have to do so within the first few attoseconds of the match, or else Zoom would have already tagged him multiple times... And I don't think Ares' thought/reaction speed is THAT amped.

*shrugs*

BUt by tagging Ares, he is bringing his timestream in direct contact with the normal time of the world. Ares being what he is should not be afeected the same way everyone else is.

Colossus-Big C
hey is there a way we can ask marvel, or there comic book writers questions?
i remember some one said they ask them who is stronger hulk or juggs and they said juggs has the edge or highest potential something

Omega Vision
hey is there a way we can ask marvel, or there comic book writers questions?
i remember some one said they ask them who is stronger hulk or juggs and they said juggs has the edge or highest potential something
I believe there's always Comic Cons for that sort of thing. Good luck getting a long or satisfying answer though. Unless you can catch them at a booth.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I believe there's always Comic Cons for that sort of thing. Good luck getting a long or satisfying answer though. Unless you can catch them at a booth. whats the website?

Galan007
whats the website? http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/

Colossus-Big C
http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/ wow you know i was stuck on that stupid crap mad and i cant even close the browser or change the page, the only way to stop it is to open a new browser and use that or restart your computer mad mad mad mad

Wild Shadow
http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/

ur an @$$hole and you should be reported for that link.. mad

Galan007
I knew I should have used spoiler tags. They make everything ok. yes

OneDumbG0
I'm saying that I don't think they actually left the physical battlefield at all. I mean, if they stepped outside of the timestream/in between moments, that would have just frozen time around them, no?

Could be. But time isn't frozen around Zoom (like it was around Nate), but rather, Zoom is contained within a time-bubble that exists ahead of the normal timestream -- so Ares would have to single out, and step into, said time-bubble before he could do anything. Aside from that, even if Ares were capable of the above (big IF imo), he would have to do so within the first few attoseconds of the match, or else Zoom would have already tagged him multiple times... And I don't think Ares' thought/reaction speed is THAT amped.I don't think they left the battlefield either. And although Ares' fight with Nate took place out time "between moments" I don't think it can be easily translated to an ability of Ares to forcefully step into Zoom's personalized time-stream.

At the same time though, I don't think Ares' reaction speeds have anything to do with whether he would or not... Originally posted by Lord Feron
BUt by tagging Ares, he is bringing his timestream in direct contact with the normal time of the world. Ares being what he is should not be afeected the same way everyone else is. ... because this is a very real possibility. I'm not sure it's by conscious effort that Ares did what he did. It could very well be his status as "war personified on every plane, in every future" that does.

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
At the same time though, I don't think Ares' reaction speeds have anything to do with whether he would or not. If a conscious effort on Ares' part is required for him to 'step in between moments', then reaction time has quite a bit to do with it.

OneDumbG0
^ Mighty big "if."Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I'm not sure it's by conscious effort that Ares did what he did. It could very well be his status as "war personified on every plane, in every future" that does.

Galan007
Granted. Meh, there's no way to be 100% sure either way.

Nihilist
http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/ Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
wow you know i was stuck on that stupid crap mad and i cant even close the browser or change the page, the only way to stop it is to open a new browser and use that or restart your computer mad mad mad mad

Hahah, Galan once got me with a Rick Ashley link... bastard

Galan007
Heh I forgot about that one.... Might have to resurrect it. hmm

stick out tongue

Blanket

*shrugs* Ares says that he's hiding between time. And their scuffle caused Karla to react to her losing a memory because of it (which means she was able to move as this was going on, so why didn't she just attack Nate who was apparently on the battlefield?), as well as tribes showing worship. Doesn't sound like merely freezing time around themselves.

And Nate was showing Mimic his timeline, inside a time bubble that Mimic wasn't allowed to touch, or he could screw with things accidently. Sounds familar to Zoom's powers IMO (only in their own timeline of course). Only difference is that Zoom is 'right there', as opposed to hiding among time.
IMO, it seems as if Ares would be able to see him in real time, but that's just MO.
Although the strategy of Zoom touching him once and accidently inviting Ares in seems like a real possibility.

psycho gundam
Granted. Meh, there's no way to be 100% sure either way.

Colossus-Big C
Ares is an abstract, the embodiment of war.

well i wish he was...

Galan007
Ares says that he's hiding between time. And their scuffle caused Karla to react to her losing a memory because of it (which means she was able to move as this was going on, so why didn't she just attack Nate who was apparently on the battlefield?), as well as tribes showing worship. Doesn't sound like merely freezing time around themselves.

And Nate was showing Mimic his timeline, inside a time bubble that Mimic wasn't allowed to touch, or he could screw with things accidently. Sounds familar to Zoom's powers IMO (only in their own timeline of course). Only difference is that Zoom is 'right there', as opposed to hiding among time.
IMO, it seems as if Ares would be able to see him in real time, but that's just MO.
Although the strategy of Zoom touching him once and accidently inviting Ares in seems like a real possibility. The "Planck length between moments" doesn't lead me to believe that they left the physical battlefield -- just that they stepped out of sync with the timestream, thus rendering 'normal' time frozen around them. MO as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ares certainly has the potential to see Zoom in real time; so long as he singled out Zoom's time-bubble, as opposed to trying to look for him within the 'normal' timestream (I'm hard-pressed to see that happening as rapidly as it would need to though). And Zoom doesn't have to physically touch Ares to cause damage -- he could, you know, just snap his fingers a bunch of times...

Blanket
The "Planck length between moments" doesn't lead me to believe that they left the physical battlefield -- just that they stepped out of sync with the timestream, thus rendering 'normal' time frozen around them. MO as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ares certainly has the potential to see Zoom in real time; so long as he singled out Zoom's time-bubble, as opposed to trying to look for him within the 'normal' timestream (I'm hard-pressed to see that happening as rapidly as it would need to though). And Zoom doesn't have to physically touch Ares to cause damage -- he could, you know, just snap his fingers a bunch of times... So, how do you explain Karla losing a memory (as well as reacting to it, and showing her apparently standing around doing nothing), people worshipping their battle, and being able to see Mimic's timeline? As well as Ares saying they're hiding (which also indicates that he was looking for them).
Doesn't seem like just freezing time to me, anyway.

If Ares is apparently war personified on every timeline, you'd think he'd be a master of this manipulating time stuff... or at the very least, someone else's. It doesn't seem like any time based power would work on him really, but of course, that's my opinion.

That's certainly more likely to happen than Zoom throwing a punch...

Galan007
So, how do you explain Karla losing a memory (as well as reacting to it, and showing her apparently standing around doing nothing), people worshipping their battle, and being able to see Mimic's timeline? As well as Ares saying they're hiding (which also indicates that he was looking for them).
Doesn't seem like just freezing time to me, anyway.

If Ares is apparently war personified on every timeline, you'd think he'd be a master of this manipulating time stuff... or at the very least, someone else's. It doesn't seem like any time based power would work on him really, but of course, that's my opinion.

That's certainly more likely to happen than Zoom throwing a punch... Time was stopped around Nate/Ares because they were the ones who stepped outside of time.

I agree that pretty much any time manipulation abilities used against Ares should be, for all intents and purposes, negated. However, the single showing Ares has vs. time manipulation is not enough proof to say he could rapidly single out a time-bubble that is completely divergent from the 'normal' time line. Imo, at least.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but snapping his fingers ('thundersnaps'), and/or using 'Zoom blasts' are certainly tactics Zoom has used regularly in battle (a few times against Flash, and most recently against the Rogues.)

Blanket
Time was stopped around Nate/Ares because they were the ones who stepped outside of time.

I agree that pretty much any time manipulation abilities used against Ares should be, for all intents and purposes, negated. However, the single showing Ares has vs. time manipulation is not enough proof to say he could rapidly single out a time-bubble that is completely divergent from the 'normal' time line. Imo, at least.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but snapping his fingers ('thundersnaps'), and/or using 'Zoom blasts' are certainly tactics Zoom has used regularly in battle (a few times against Flash, and most recently against the Rogues.) It said it took place in the Planck time between moments, out of time, in the same place as where Mimic and Nate were (which means this is the only description for where Nate and Mimic were). I don't recall time stated as being stopped around Nate and Ares though. Scan?
The same area allowed Nate to accidently delete memories and allow people to see them fighting though...
To me, that area judging by description anyway, seemed to happen out of time (away from the battlefield) in the planck length that would pass in 616 (IE, they were outside out the battlefield, but were gone for basically no time at all). Could be wrong though, as it's not exactly clear cut with all the things going on.

One is never enough though. We only have one to go on right now. And that one seemed pretty clear that if your using time powers against Ares, that he will get you... at least what I saw of it.

I realize. I'm not downplaying the validity of the ability, but rather him actually using that before he goes in to punch Ares.

Galan007
It said it took place in the Planck time between moments, out of time, in the same place as where Mimic and Nate were (which means this is the only description for where Nate and Mimic were). I don't recall time stated as being stopped around Nate and Ares though. Scan?
The same area allowed Nate to accidently delete memories and allow people to see them fighting though...
To me, that area judging by description anyway, seemed to happen out of time (away from the battlefield) in the planck length that would pass in 616. Could be wrong though.

One is never enough though. We only have one to go on right now. And that one seemed pretty clear that if your using time powers against Ares, that he will get you... at least what I saw of it.

I realize. I'm not downplaying the validity of the ability, but rather him actually using that before he goes in to punch Ares. There are no scans that specifically say "time was stopped" - however, the phrase 'between moments' is what makes me believe it was. For instance, when various speedsters have accelerated to the point where they exist 'in between the ticks of a second', relative time is completely stopped around them. Seems logical to assume the same basic thing happened with Nate and the others.

We saw Nate use time manipulation to step out of sync with the time line, and we saw Ares essentially use the same type of manipulation to enter the 'plain' Nate was on. I personally don't see that as enough evidence to say that Ares could single out, and counteract Zoom's bubble... But that's just my opinion.

Just saying that its a very plausible route that Zoom could travel, and quite frankly, a route that Ares wouldn't have much defense against. Also: would Ares' temporal abilities be common knowledge now..? Seems like they would be. *shrugs*

Blanket
There are no scans that specifically say "time was stopped" - however, the phrase 'between moments' is what makes me believe it was. For instance, when various speedsters have accelerated to the point where they exist 'in between the ticks of a second', relative time is completely stopped around them. Seems logical to assume the same basic thing happened with Nate and the others.

We saw Nate use time manipulation to step out of sync with the time line, and we saw Ares essentially use the same type of manipulation to enter the 'plain' Nate was on. I personally don't see that as enough evidence to say that Ares could single out, and counteract Zoom's bubble... But that's just my opinion.

Just saying that its a very plausible route that Zoom could travel, and quite frankly, a route that Ares wouldn't have much defense against. Also: would Ares' temporal abilities be common knowledge now..? Seems like they would be. *shrugs* It also said 'out of time'. And again, allowed other perks.

You really think Ares knew what he was doing? He basically just busted in, only mentioning time. I don't personally think he knows exactly what or how he's doing it, he just does it. Even then, with such a high level of time traveling as Ares' did inside Nate's own manipulation bubble (showing multiple timelines as well), you'd think that'd be enough proof that he can enter anyone's timeline...
Someone also said that he cut into another timeline or something, but I don't know the specifics on that one.

Not really. It's only plausible because it's the only way Zoom would avoid Ares' time manipulation. erm

Doubt it's common knowledge as only Nate an apparent master of time has commented on it.

Galan007
I disagree. Not going to comment further though, because I'd just be saying things I already have.

Not really? Like I said, Zoom has gone that route a number of times vs. his opponents - no reason to assume he wouldn't here... Especially if Ares' temporal abilities are common knowledge. But whatevs.

Blanket
You like sucking quan's toes though, so ya.

Galan007
http://i36.tinypic.com/sqrst2.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Ares Rips Open a time portal with his axe

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/577/sw09003.th.jpghttp://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3394/sw09004.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.