Where is Boba's Mandalorian Skull?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin_the_Hutt
In A New Hope (Special Edition), after Jabba threatens Solo, we see Boba Fett - except he's missing his infamous skull insignia on his left shoulder pad.

Does anybody know if this was a movie goof or was there a reason they intentionally left it out? If they stuck him in there solely for fan-service, why neglect a major part of the costume?

queeq
I think he was CGI there.

roughrider
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
In A New Hope (Special Edition), after Jabba threatens Solo, we see Boba Fett - except he's missing his infamous skull insignia on his left shoulder pad.

Does anybody know if this was a movie goof or was there a reason they intentionally left it out? If they stuck him in there solely for fan-service, why neglect a major part of the costume?

Gee - maybe he just got it back from the cleaners, and it got scrubbed off.

Seriously - Who Gives A F***?

Isn't Mom's basement starting to feel claustrophobic by now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anakin_the_Hutt
Naw, it was a guy in a suit.

I've looked it up...Boba was played by some dude named Mark Austin in the SE.

queeq
Ah, okay.

roughrider
You know, I read one critic who thought George Lucas was being too anal retentive with the Special Edition DVD's, using photoshop to correct the shots where the Imperial Officers mistakenly have their insignias on the wrong side of their chests.
Oh, but he doesn't know HOW retentive Star Wars fans are...no, sir...

Anakin_the_Hutt
That's pretty much my point.

With all the corrections made, why leave out his infamous skull?

Boba Fett, being a fan-favorite, seems to be more of a cause of NERD RAGE than a flipped Imperial insignia.

MAYBE there was a reason given. MAYBE someone out there knows what that reason is. Maybe there isn't a reason. Don't know 'till you ask.

I think it's a valid post, I don't see how the post can be aggravating.

Speaking of retentive, I got someone here on the verge of Nerd Rage with just a post! Guess who!

queeq
Maybe Boba hadn't earned his skull yet by the time of ANH.

overlord
Originally posted by roughrider
You know, I read one critic who thought George Lucas was being too anal retentive with the Special Edition DVD's, using photoshop to correct the shots where the Imperial Officers mistakenly have their insignias on the wrong side of their chests.
Oh, but he doesn't know HOW retentive Star Wars fans are...no, sir... lol

queeq
He's right though.

overlord
I don't have an opinion :P

so I believe you =)

queeq
Good boy.

Anakin_the_Hutt
I guess that was Baby Fett, before his "war paint".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.